Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920
    Viv Anderson

Default Re: Summer 2021 transfer window

Quote Originally Posted by valspoodle View Post
    CH has a hell of a task if this forum is anything to go by. Literally hundreds of potential signings have been mentioned on here and the poor guy has to boil it down to about 6 at the most.

It's all very well to pluck a name out of the media and say , according to reports, this is the player for us, but is he? Does he fit in with CH's plan, does he want to come here, is he really any good?
    Luckily for them they're paid to do it and it is their job. So they will have the time to go through every option and build pro/cons on deciding on a purchase.

Clubs with less do more so yes I think the fans are entitled to question the failures and the need to get people at the club making more right decisions.

I know Randall said they giving Hughton more responsibility but that is a slight worry too. Prefer he gets the right support first and foremost and there is a shared strategy.

Last edited by BryanRoy; 09-05-21 at 10:37.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Viv Anderson

My view is that the club needs to decide firmly that it is adopting the old-school, traditional British managerial method under Hughton. Use the analytical tools that are now available by all means (bringing in a recognised expert at reading the results, George Syrianos, is encouraging), but allow Chris to have the absolute final say.

That said, I am an admirer of the continental DoF/head-coach structure, but not the half-arsed way we approached it.

Nigel Clough

Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    My view is that the club needs to decide firmly that it is adopting the old-school, traditional British managerial method under Hughton. Use the analytical tools that are now available by all means (bringing in a recognised expert at reading the results, George Syrianos, is encouraging), but allow Chris to have the absolute final say.

That said, I am an admirer of the continental DoF/head-coach structure, but not the half-arsed way we approached it.
    They need to fully commit to one or the other, that's for sure. We don't usually back the manager as much as we perhaps should in the traditional model, and our attempt at the continental DOF/ head coach model was incredibly poorly executed.

Ultimately, the key to success (whatever path we take going forwards) is employing the right people in those influential positions and trusting them to do their jobs without interference.

It's all about mid-table...

Good points chaps but I fear the debate will be on the LTLF agenda in 2041. (Me n Oats ulbi dust)

Still hold out misguided hope for next season though !

Impressive member

There seems some uncertainty about the dates of the opening and 'slamming shut' of the transfer window this year. Does anyone know officially when it is (or rather how many days we have to trawl through rumours until it all happens on the last day)?

Sent from my SM-A920F using Tapatalk

Viv Anderson

Anthony Elanga starting for Man United this evening, I wondered if he might be on our radar for a loan next season.

Nigel Clough

Quote Originally Posted by Heffing Psycho! View Post
    Anthony Elanga starting for Man United this evening, I wondered if he might be on our radar for a loan next season.
    I'd like to think that, after the success of James Garner's loan here, we can build some sort of relationship with United and get a decent loan or two out of them. Using the loan market is definitely something we need to get better at to succeed IMO.

Impressive member

Quote Originally Posted by Heffing Psycho! View Post
    If we don't even enquire we'll have dropped a right elanga.

Sent from my SM-A920F using Tapatalk

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
    I'd like to think that, after the success of James Garner's loan here, we can build some sort of relationship with United and get a decent loan or two out of them. Using the loan market is definitely something we need to get better at to succeed IMO.
    I agree Ash, although whilst Rooney remains at Derby we might be competing with them for any more young talent at Old Trafford.

I even saw a couple of comments on the 'shaggers forum speculating that Rooney might even be able to nab Garner from under our nose if Man Utd are agreeable to him continuing in the Championship next season. I can't see it myself, but who knows how much influence Rooney might still have there?

Nigel Clough

I agree Ash, although whilst Rooney remains at Derby we might be competing with them for any more young talent at Old Trafford.

I even saw a couple of comments on the 'shaggers forum speculating that Rooney might even be able to nab Garner from under our nose if Man Utd are agreeable to him continuing in the Championship next season. I can't see it myself, but who knows how much influence Rooney might still have there?
    I don't think Derby will be competing for any player worth their salt in their current financial situation. United will still want substantial loan fees and wage contributions as well as finding their players the best club for their development. Rooney might be a decisive factor if they had money and a squad that wasn't terrible (as was the case with Lampard when he was at Derby), but as they are at the moment they will be restricted to cheap loans and low wage free transfers IMO.

Ian Storey-Moore

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
    Well our current loan strategy seems to mainly involve dragging a cart up and down the streets, ringing a bell and yelling "Bring out your dead". So anything is an improvement from there.

Matchday Squad

The clusterfuck that Rooney has overseen at Derby since he was made manager ought to be ringing alarm bells like klaxons with talented young players and agents, so I'm not worried about them stealing a march on us on that front.
    Why on earth the football world continues to ignore history and appoint great ex players into management roles is beyond me. I mean look at Chelsea-the difference between Lampard and Tuchel is verging on embarrassing. Rooney looks to me to be a deadman walking-if the sheep have any sense they will get rid of him now, if they don't it will be Christmas...

Matchday Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Clarks Tash View Post
    Well our current loan strategy seems to mainly involve dragging a cart up and down the streets, ringing a bell and yelling "Bring out your dead". So anything is an improvement from there.
    Isn't that the same strategy for signing permanent players too?