Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 3 of 88 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Grenville Morris

Default Re: Summer 2021 transfer window

Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    They have an option to buy, they have plenty of cash I would imagine if they want him at the end of the season they will take him.
    Presumably the player would need to agree terms.

He might want to stay here.

30/09/2021: It's only 8 points to the play-offs. Doesn't matter if we're 20th having lost three times as many games as we've won so far. I fancy us now that Hughton's gone.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Viv Anderson

I will be disapointed if we don't bring in Krovinovic and Knockaert. Both are quality players and effective in this league. Both will want to join us and be in a position to join us in the summer.

Nigel Clough

I will be disapointed if we don't bring in Krovinovic and Knockaert. Both are quality players and effective in this league. Both will want to join us and be in a position to join us in the summer.
    I think finances might make signing Knockaert difficult. There is no way we are going to be able to give Fulham anything close to what they paid for him. I do hope there is some way we can bring him back though.

I'm more hopeful of signing Krovinovic, given that he only has a year left on his Benfica contract and they don't seem to want him.

Grenville Morris

I thought it was interesting that Lolley came on at right wing yesterday and Knockaert got shunted over to the left. I saw that as a sign that maybe Hughton still sees Lolley as a long term option as an inside forward on the right. If Lolley can improve his form then I think that would settle the decision on Knockaert - too expensive, already got a player who plays that role doing OK.

Viv Anderson

You pay for quality - Knockaert is undisputed quality at this level.

If we want to be a Premier League team we need players like him - Lolley has shown nothing in the past year that he is capable of operating at the quality Knockaert does.

Nigel Clough

Think a lot of the old guard (i.e. Sow, Ribiero, Lolley and Grabban) will be moved on in the summer. If CH doesn't want to use them in a relegation battle, I doubt he is going to want to use them when he is aiming higher up the table next season.

Viv Anderson

If Fulham get relegated I dont think there is a chance we can get him.

Ian Storey-Moore

Quote Originally Posted by EmmersonForest4 View Post
    If Fulham get relegated I dont think there is a chance we can get him.
    If they do let him go it's gonna need a fair chunk of money which I don't think his worth. For 10 Mill plus I want someone that's gonna bury a few more of those dribbles in the box

Nigel Clough

I like Knockaert but I'd be horrified if we spent anything close to £10m for him.

Up-Front

You pay for quality - Knockaert is undisputed quality at this level.

If we want to be a Premier League team we need players like him - Lolley has shown nothing in the past year that he is capable of operating at the quality Knockaert does.
    Spot on.

Knockeart is a class above.

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Harry1982 View Post
    If they do let him go it's gonna need a fair chunk of money which I don't think his worth. For 10 Mill plus I want someone that's gonna bury a few more of those dribbles in the box
    I love Knockaert but he is 29 and just like Carvalho a big outlay like 10 mill is a big investment for us. If we get it wrong it could set us back years. Knockaert is 29 and hasn’t provided a 10 mills worth of goals and assists in my opinion. I’d pay at most 5 mill for him. If we can get at that or lower I’d probably pay that.

Nigel Clough

I love Knockaert but he is 29 and just like Carvalho a big outlay like 10 mill is a big investment for us. If we get it wrong it could set us back years. Knockaert is 29 and hasn’t provided a 10 mills worth of goals and assists in my opinion. I’d pay at most 5 mill for him. If we can get at that or lower I’d probably pay that.
    I'd say £5m feels about right. Still a lot of money, but he's proven class at this level. It'd be a similar signing to paying £6m for Grabban in that respect.

Ian Storey-Moore

He is class but that could cement us selling Worrall, I think its inevitable in the summer. Would you rather have Worrall or knockheart in the squad? Personally think hughton can get mbe soh to fill that gap

First Team

Personally not a big fan of Knockaert.
    I’d rather go for a cheaper option with pace and work rate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your palms are holding her neck and thumbs are at her ears regulating the speed of her head as she swallows and then sucks up your machinery. She is topping up your engine oil for the cross-country coming up. Your RPM is hitting a new high. To wait any longer would be to lose prime time... She picks up a Bugatti's momentum. You want her more at a Volkswagen's steady trot. Squeeze the maximum mileage out of your gallon of gas. But she's eating up the road with all cylinders blazing.

Aniruddha Bahal (Bunker 13

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Harry1982 View Post
    He is class but that could cement us selling Worrall, I think its inevitable in the summer. Would you rather have Worrall or knockheart in the squad? Personally think hughton can get mbe soh to fill that gap
    Even if we had to sell Worrall I still wouldn’t pay over 5 mill for him. He hasn’t contributed enough assists and goals for me to be worth 10 mill you could get cheaper for the same output in my opinion. This is what Alf mentions a lot and I agree with him that Carvalho was too much money for what our return is which meant we lose out money wise in upgrading a different position.
    I like Carvalho a lot as well but we could have got Lee Tomlin for 2 mill and he would been just as good which leaves more in the kitty for somewhere else. Forest dont have the luxury of oodles of cash they have to be a lot more strategic and every signing needs to be worth the money IMO.

Viv Anderson

Knockhaert is a curious case. Bags of skill and commitment, but still just doesn't cut it. Perhaps decision making, perhaps just too intense or perhaps so one-footed that decent defenders play him out of his comfort zone.

Would be useful, but I'm sure there are younger, cheaper, better prospects out there for the cute hunters to find.

Massive Member

Quote Originally Posted by valspoodle View Post
    , better prospects out there for the cute hunters to find.
    The cute hunters is possibly a fantastic name for an 80s glam rock band

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Up-Front

Knockhaert is a curious case. Bags of skill and commitment, but still just doesn't cut it. Perhaps decision making, perhaps just too intense or perhaps so one-footed that decent defenders play him out of his comfort zone.

Would be useful, but I'm sure there are younger, cheaper, better prospects out there for the cute hunters to find.
    On his game, Knockeart is a premiership player. I'd have him as the number one catalyst for our upturn in form.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
    The cute hunters is possibly a fantastic name for an 80s glam rock band

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk
    Possibly? Definitely!

Although if it were Forest based, you could also have the Hoots Cunters

Viv Anderson

He is ready to explode for us in my opinion. And I hope it's next season.

His numbers aren't amazing, but analysing it properly, he has hit the post & several times, he puts numerous excellent deliveries in the box that are asking to be scored every game. Him not having the numbers this season works in our favour of getting him next season.

I also think your assessment that there a younger, cheaper, better prospects questionable.

Anybody that has watched him properly can see he is good enough to play above this level, he looks motivated and simply judging people on numbers is beyond stupid (not aimed at you).

Viv Anderson

And for the record I don't care about prices of players. I never have. It is irrelevant to me.

I want the best team possible at Forest, and Knockaert is significantly better than anything we have got so we should sign him. 3 promotions at this level speaks for itself, the manager has consistently got the best out of him & he looks motivated.

Upper Decker

And for the record I don't care about prices of players. I never have. It is irrelevant to me.

I want the best team possible at Forest, and Knockaert is significantly better than anything we have got so we should sign him. 3 promotions at this level speaks for itself, the manager has consistently got the best out of him & he looks motivated.
    If we can afford him, signing him is a must imo. A quality player who excels under our manager- no brainer.

THE TRUTH IS THERE AND WITH IT I GO TO THE END OF THE WORLD .

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    If we can afford him, signing him is a must imo. A quality player who excels under our manager- no brainer.
    It might even be permanent like people are suggesting, most transfers are loan deals in this current climate anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    It'll be interesting to see whether it's possible or not, but you're spot on here.

One of the reason's Hughton is such a good land is his connections to players like these. We have to do our best to embrace that.

Hopefully Fulham stay up, and we get him cheap or on loan.

Ale ape.

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-engelos Mindminackers View Post
    It'll be interesting to see whether it's possible or not, but you're spot on here.

One of the reason's Hughton is such a good land is his connections to players like these. We have to do our best to embrace that.

Hopefully Fulham stay up, and we get him cheap or on loan.
    Also hopefully...Hughton has a plan B, if Knockers is a no-go.