Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 22 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast
    Ian Storey-Moore

Default Re: Summer 2021 transfer window

Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy View Post
    Nixon says we showing interest in Tom Lees.

Probably the poo replacement for when Worrall is sold.
    I googled him, he’s played 250 times for Wednesday and I still don’t know who he is, I’m not sure if that’s a good or bad thing.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Heffing Psycho! View Post
    Where you seen that mate? I can't see anything on Twitter from Nixon about it.
    https://the72.co.uk/235970/huddersfi...forest-target/

Must have been the bit in the paper but he didn't put it all on twitter.

Viv Anderson

IIRC, Lees has scored against us in recent times - though hardly a rare event of course.

Formerly Gandalfthered

I really really hope we are looking at Adam Reach if we are looking at Wednesday players. Still only 28 and I believe his contract is up.

Quote Originally Posted by GandalfTheRed View Post
    I really really hope we are looking at Adam Reach if we are looking at Wednesday players. Still only 28 and I believe his contract is up.
    I'm surprised how long they've had Reach around.

Viv Anderson

Maybe it is a Soh replacement if he gets shipped off to Greece for a bit of book balancing? Or a Figgy replacement as he is out of contract I believe?
    Hughton's centre-backs

Newcaslte 2009-10 promotion
    Fabrizo Coloccini 6ft0
    Mike Williamson 6ft4
    Steven Taylor 6ft2
    Fitz Hall 6ft4

Brighton 2016-17 promotion
    Lewis Dunk 6ft4
    Shane Duffy 6ft4
    Connor Goldson 6ft3
    Uwe Hunemeier 6ft2

Signed 2018/19
    Leon Balogun 6ft3
    Dan Burn 6ft7

It does give you the feel Hughton likes his British & Irish centre-backs who can mix it. So disappointing if Loic doesn't get given a go but it looks likely that he won't. No way will Figs still be here so lets hope you right.

So maybe Blackett shifts to 4th choice and Lees comes in.

Last edited by BryanRoy; 17-05-21 at 16:15.

Nigel Clough

Worrall is as good as gone, and Figueiredo will probably leave too, so I guess it's no surprise if we are looking at another centre back.

I have no idea if Tom Lees is any good or not, mind you.

Impressive member

Hughton had Akpom at Brighton so I guess we can't rule it out sadly.
    Hopefully that fact, alone, was what prompted the speculation from this 'journalist' .

Sent from my SM-A920F using Tapatalk

Wally Ardron

Hughton's centre-backs

Fabrizo Coloccini 6ft0
    Mike Williamson 6ft4
    Steven Taylor 6ft2
    Fitz Hall 6ft4

Lewis Dunk 6ft4
    Shane Duffy 6ft4
    Connor Goldson 6ft3
    Uwe Hunemeier 6ft2

Signed 2018/19
    Leon Balogun 6ft3
    Dan Burn 6ft7

It does give you the feel Hughton likes his British & Irish centre-backs who can mix it. So disappointing if Loic doesn't get given a go but it looks likely that he won't. No way will Figs still be here so lets hope you right.

You lot who’ve continually dug the knife into Figs all season are going to get the shock of your lives if he goes and is replaced by Blackett at CB

Wally Ardron

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
    Worrall is as good as gone, and Figueiredo will probably leave too, so I guess it's no surprise if we are looking at another centre back.

I have no idea if Tom Lees is any good or not, mind you.
    Where have you see the Worrall info Ashley?.

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by cheapseats View Post
    You lot who’ve continually dug the knife into Figs all season are going to get the shock of your lives if he goes and is replaced by Blackett at CB
    Tbh time is right for him to go.

Just got to get an unspectacular but solid back-up to Worrall/McKenna if we can keep Worrall.

Viv Anderson

Tbh time is right for him to go.

Just got to get an unspectacular but solid back-up to Worrall/McKenna if we can keep Worrall.
    I am pretty sure you just described Figs.

I dunno why people assume Figs will go based on anything than them wanting it to happen. I haven't seen anything based on Hughton's actions that he doesn't rate him, infact, he was continually playing him when nobody wanted him too. I don't think he will do anything with any of the CBs unless he is forced too.

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    I am pretty sure you just described Figs.

I dunno why people assume Figs will go based on anything than them wanting it to happen. I haven't seen anything based on Hughton's actions that he doesn't rate him, infact, he was continually playing him when nobody wanted him too. I don't think he will do anything with any of the CBs unless he is forced too.
    He wanted to go home last summer.

When he comes in it takes him a while before he builds into any form. We need a guy to potentially come off the bench and be ready-to-go.

I can't remember a CB at Forest be directly responsible with errors that lead to 5-6 goals in such a short space of time like it did for him as it did at the beginning of the season. Which if we see the first sentence probably played a part in that.

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Cortez the Killer View Post
    Hopefully that fact, alone, was what prompted the speculation from this 'journalist'.
    We should never underestimate the impact of vaguely-tenuous and ambiguous transfer speculation Cortez.

Last edited by Otis Redd'un; 18-05-21 at 10:44.

Matchday Squad

Hughton's centre-backs

Fabrizo Coloccini 6ft0
    Mike Williamson 6ft4
    Steven Taylor 6ft2
    Fitz Hall 6ft4

Lewis Dunk 6ft4
    Shane Duffy 6ft4
    Connor Goldson 6ft3
    Uwe Hunemeier 6ft2

Signed 2018/19
    Leon Balogun 6ft3
    Dan Burn 6ft7

Hunemeier and Collocini played a lot of games under CH as did Sebastian Bassong at Norwich.

I think Blackett will go in the summer - Just don't see what he brings to the table

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by NooForest View Post
    I think Blackett will go in the summer.
    I suggest he'll go nowhere unless he chooses to, and why should he?

Viv Anderson

If Hughton had Akpom at Brighton, there's no way he'd want him again.

Ian Storey-Moore

Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post
    Another Premier youngster midfielder reported as our target, but more likely yours, given your obligatory focus on the home market: Mamadou Sylla, 18, Aston Villa U23, defensive midfielder, from Guinea but raised in Spain, made his debut for the firt team in January.
    Maybe it is a Soh replacement if he gets shipped off to Greece for a bit of book balancing? Or a Figgy replacement as he is out of contract I believe?
    I wouldn't put it past them Gandalf. If we ship out a young talent like Mbe Soh without giving him a chance we deserve all the criticism we get.

Lees does fit the first category for Forest recruitment. He's 30.

For better or worse, we've got Figs until 2022.

He wanted to go home last summer.

When he comes in it takes him a while before he builds into any form. We need a guy to potentially come off the bench and be ready-to-go.

I can't remember a CB at Forest be directly responsible with errors that lead to 5-6 goals in such a short space of time like it did for him as it did at the beginning of the season. Which if we see the first sentence probably played a part in that.
    Spot on Bryan.

Figs is another embodiment of averageness, and the club carrying a player rather than the player pushing the club forward.

If Hughton thinks he can get more out of him given a full pre-season fair enough, but once a player has wanted away it's a long haul back. And Hughton could afford to get away with all Figs' errors last year because of the situation he inherited. If that becomes a situation of his own making, then he's putting his neck on the line big time.

Figs deserves credit for turning his form around, but I'd be nervous putting him in a position where top 6 is the goal. I also don't think it's any coincidence that we started to wobble when Daws was injured & Figs came in to replace him under Lamouchi either.

He's 27 now. His consistency and his reliability should be there.

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by valspoodle View Post
    If Hughton had Akpom at Brighton, there's no way he'd want him again.
    I read on another site that Hughton signed Akpom on an initial 6 month loan with a view to it being extended in January.

In his time there he featured in 10 games with a total playing time of 144 minutes during those games; his loan was not extended.

I would not put too much credence in this rumour.

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-engelos Mindminackers View Post
    Spot on Bryan.

Figs is another embodiment of averageness, and the club carrying a player rather than the player pushing the club forward.

If Hughton thinks he can get more out of him given a full pre-season fair enough, but once a player has wanted away it's a long haul back. And Hughton could afford to get away with all Figs' errors last year because of the situation he inherited. If that becomes a situation of his own making, then he's putting his neck on the line big time.

Figs deserves credit for turning his form around, but I'd be nervous putting him in a position where top 6 is the goal. I also don't think it's any coincidence that we started to wobble when Daws was injured & Figs came in to replace him under Lamouchi either.

Agreed Alf.

We've signed a lot worse than him but everything hints towards it is time to part ways now.

I do wonder. No Yuri. What lies ahead for Figs, Cafu & Joao.

Harry Kane is out for a new club, worth a bid?

They see me trollin'

I think we've good a good chance of getting him silverware personally.

Wally Ardron

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-engelos Mindminackers View Post
    Spot on Bryan.

Alf-the problem with this analysis is it doesn’t stand up to objective scrutiny. 1) Figs was part of the Lamouchi pairing that actually did see us into the top 6 prior to the ridiculous capitulation at the end of the season before last, so quite clearly he is capable of functioning at that level 2) all of you Figs critics have never offered a credible explanation for the fact that such an average player, with so many terrible errors in his locker actually played the most minutes at CB in a side that conceded so few goals. It was our defense that kept us up....

Nigel Clough

Interested to see the Akpom rumours were scotched almost immediately, bit without any source.

I wonder if someone from the club had a word with the Post about that. Don’t want fans thinking Chuba Akpom for 2.5m is going to be our stellar signing of the season when they’ve got season tickets to sell.....

On Figgy, I think he will move on. Although Hughton seemed to quite like him, he’s out of contract next summer and we paid a fee for him. Also lots of talk that he was homesick, so wouldn’t surprise me if he was sold on for an undisclosed fee. He’s ok backup but no huge loss I feel. We need to make room for Soh to progress, and McKenna and Worrall/replacement for Worrall will be first choice next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk