Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 14 of 59 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Matchday Squad

Default Re: Summer 2021 transfer window

That’s a big dance card Bala...

That’s not to say I don’t disagree with your bc assessment but I think this window is going to be about who and how we shift players out as much as who we get in.
    I m think we are on or over the rivet frankly as far as the first team squad is concerned. Not of course related to quality but numbers.

We HAVE to rectify that....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Matchday Squad

But one thing I disagree with you on Bala is Christie.
    I’m sorry but he’s stealing a living. I hate him as a player, I think he’s awful.

Granted RB isn’t our biggest problem area and I wouldn’t be upset to see one of kids in there but I really hope we have seen the last of Christie in 2 games...

Viv Anderson

Christie is more-than-adequate at this level, and I'll be surprised if he's not here next season.

Matchday Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    Christie is more-than-adequate at this level, and I'll be surprised if he's not here next season.
    I fear you may be right (about him coming back).
    We will have to disagree on the adequacy and quality of the player...

Viv Anderson

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.

So, if clubs are strapped for cash, the club that can find a tiny bit of extra cash, might find some bargains about. Forget the parachute clubs hoovering up players, I mean the few decent players left for the likes of us.

Will CH give some of the up-and-coming young players a pre-season? Will we find rough diamonds in the lower leagues? Will we draft in old cloggers with a pension pot to feed?

Who knows?

Wally Ardron

Quote Originally Posted by cheapseats View Post
    That’s a big dance card Bala...

That’s not to say I don’t disagree with your bc assessment but I think this window is going to be about who and how we shift players out as much as who we get in.
    I m think we are on or over the rivet frankly as far as the first team squad is concerned. Not of course related to quality but numbers.

We HAVE to rectify that....
    It is boss, you are right, that's a big shopping list and season upon season, we don't really improve the deck, we just swap it out for a fresh one and it all feels a bit toothless when we do it.

Look at Sabri's season, we had a great season because for 2/3rds of it, we had that main eleven and they worked really well.
    But then we lost Cash down that right side. Grabban still has quality but it was in too few moments. Ameobi didn't really get going and obviously Lolley had a terrible season. It was only maybe Worrall that came through.

You could say we should build on what we have, but the pessimist in me thinks we'll lose one of Worrall, Mighten or Johnson this summer.

I'd be looking at Clarke-Harris and Dembele at Peterborough. Yes, there's a bit of gap between League One and Championship but both of those two would add some pace to the team.

Youth Team

My take on the squad for next season, both
    (1) realistically ideal (in my opinion)
    (2) what I think the club/manager will do...

GK: (1) Samba, Smith, Shelvey. (2) Samba, Smith, A N Other experienced keeper
    RB: (1) Dacosta (sign from Coventry City), Gabriel, Jenkinson (only because I don't think we could get anyone to take him for his full wage). (2) Christie (perm from Fulham), Gabriel, Jenkinson.
    LB: (1) Based on belief that Ribeiro will want to take another offer elsewhere... Iounnou, Blackett, Bong (only because I don't think we could get anyone to take him for his full wage). (2) Blackett, Bong
    CB: (1) Worrall (c), McKenna, Mbe Soh, Blackett. (2) Worrall, McKenna, Figueiredo, Mbe Soh, Blackett.

CM: (1) Garner (season long loan), Cafu, Yates, Krovinovic (I see him more effective not in the #10 role), McGuane, Fornah. (2) Garner, Cafu, Yates, Colback, A N Other. Failure to get Garner back will be a massive hole to fill.
    AM: (1) Carvalho, Johnson, Krovinovic. (2) A N Other, Krovinovic, Johnson.
    RW: (1) Burke (pull out the stops and get him in), Lolley, Johnson, Ameobi. (2) Lolley, Johnson, Ameobi
    LW: (1) Mighten, Johnson, Lolley, Ameobi. (2) Mighten, Johnson, Ameobi.

ST: (1) Grabban, Rhodes (free), Waghorn (free), Mighten, Johnson. (2) Grabban, A N Other, Taylor.

So for my realistic wishes (1):
    Sign: Dacosta (Cov), Garner (loan), Krovinovic (Benfica), Burke (Sheff U), Rhodes (free), Waghorn (free)
    Welcome back: Iounnou, Gabriel, McGuane, Fornah, Carvalho, Johnson
    Shift if possible: Jenkinson, Bong, Figueiredo, Colback, Arter, Bachirou, Taylor
    Non-returning loans: Christie, Freeman, Knockaert
    Release: Diallo, Ribeiro, Dawson, Hefelle, Sow, Murray.

I think my picks would give us a much younger, hungrier and more exciting squad, as well as making the wage bill a lot more sustainable. The return (or replacement of) Garner and the striker department are going to be vital decisions to get right.

Last edited by redchief; 25-04-21 at 22:51. Reason: added (2) for centre backs

First Team

jordan fucking rhodes on his 40-50k per week , why is people still so obssessed with him ? he hasn't hit double figures since 2015–16. wages isn't more sustainable with him on the wage bill.

Matchday Squad

Quote Originally Posted by redchief View Post
    My take on the squad for next season, both
    (1) realistically ideal (in my opinion)
    (2) what I think the club/manager will do...

GK: (1) Samba, Smith, Shelvey. (2) Samba, Smith, A N Other experienced keeper
    RB: (1) Dacosta (sign from Coventry City), Gabriel, Jenkinson (only because I don't think we could get anyone to take him for his full wage). (2) Christie (perm from Fulham), Gabriel, Jenkinson.
    LB: (1) Based on belief that Ribeiro will want to take another offer elsewhere... Iounnou, Blackett, Bong (only because I don't think we could get anyone to take him for his full wage). (2) Blackett, Bong
    CB: (1) Worrall (c), McKenna, Mbe Soh, Blackett. (2) Worrall, McKenna, Figueiredo, Mbe Soh, Blackett.

CM: (1) Garner (season long loan), Cafu, Yates, Krovinovic (I see him more effective not in the #10 role), McGuane, Fornah. (2) Garner, Cafu, Yates, Colback, A N Other. Failure to get Garner back will be a massive hole to fill.
    AM: (1) Carvalho, Johnson, Krovinovic. (2) A N Other, Krovinovic, Johnson.
    RW: (1) Burke (pull out the stops and get him in), Lolley, Johnson, Ameobi. (2) Lolley, Johnson, Ameobi
    LW: (1) Mighten, Johnson, Lolley, Ameobi. (2) Mighten, Johnson, Ameobi.

ST: (1) Grabban, Rhodes (free), Waghorn (free), Mighten, Johnson. (2) Grabban, A N Other, Taylor.

So for my realistic wishes (1):
    Sign: Dacosta (Cov), Garner (loan), Krovinovic (Benfica), Burke (Sheff U), Rhodes (free), Waghorn (free)
    Welcome back: Iounnou, Gabriel, McGuane, Fornah, Carvalho, Johnson
    Shift if possible: Jenkinson, Bong, Figueiredo, Colback, Arter, Bachirou, Taylor
    Non-returning loans: Christie, Freeman, Knockaert
    Release: Diallo, Ribeiro, Dawson, Hefelle, Sow, Murray.

I think my picks would give us a much younger, hungrier and more exciting squad, as well as making the wage bill a lot more sustainable. The return (or replacement of) Garner and the striker department are going to be vital decisions to get right.
    Garner isn’t coming back, so we need to look elsewhere.
    Rhodes is a terrible risk-he’s got bomb squad written all over him at his age. There have to questions about his ability and desire now.
    I quite like the idea of Waghorn. He’s one I always hate when we play against him but he’s experienced, aggressive and tough and would do well in a front3-he’ll certainly score more goals than Knockers or Mighten....

Burke-I don’t know- whats left of him and his confidence now?. He’s certainly not the lad we sold and we need more rehabilitation projects like a hole in the head...

Upper Decker

I dont rate Burke at all, he's been rubbish again this season, but even if we did want him why would he leave Sheff Utd?

THE TRUTH IS THERE AND WITH IT I GO TO THE END OF THE WORLD .

Nigel Clough

Assombalonga, Burke, Rhodes... what a quality side that would be!... back in 2016.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    I dont rate Burke at all, he's been rubbish again this season, but even if we did want him why would he leave Sheff Utd?
    If he hadn't had a decent five minutes at Forest years ago would anyone be suggesting we sign him?

Would they 'eck

Nigel Clough

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    If he hadn't had a decent five minutes at Forest years ago would anyone be suggesting we sign him?

Would they 'eck
    It wouldn't be a summer transfer window without someone suggesting we sign Burke and Rhodes.

Personally I'd rather we sign players who are good now rather than players who were good 5 years ago.

First Team

Rhodes is a terrible risk-he’s got bomb squad written all over him at his age. There have to questions about his ability and desire now.
    I quite like the idea of Waghorn. He’s one I always hate when we play against him but he’s experienced, aggressive and tough and would do well in a front3-he’ll certainly score more goals than Knockers or Mighten....

Burke-I don’t know- whats left of him and his confidence now?. He’s certainly not the lad we sold and we need more rehabilitation projects like a hole in the head...
    no to waghorn either , forest do need to break the habit of getting players after their sell by date, i would expect someone to suggest lukas Jutkiewicz next , you just know his name would come up sooner or later.i wouldn't have burke back , not the player he was when he left and i agree that forest is not the club for a rehabilitation project. if we need someone with pace , i'll rather get someone from the lower leagues with pace.

Gaff Lad

Anyone suggesting Waghorn needs to take a look on the Dcfc forums. He’s top of their ‘shitest players’ list.

Matchday Squad

Quote Originally Posted by rockabilly View Post
    Anyone suggesting Waghorn needs to take a look on the Dcfc forums. He’s top of their ‘shitest players’ list.
    Point taken. I’ve never paid him much attention other to note he’s a nasty abrasive bastard whenever we play against him and we could do with a bit more of that up the pitch.

EmmersonForest4 "Bellend"

Floating around on the internet that we will be going in for Gillingham’s Kyle Dempsey and Sunderland’s Charlie Wyke. Dempsey plays central midfield, touted at £500-750k and Wyke is on a free after scoring 30 goals for Sunderland this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nigel Clough

We were linked to Dempsey in January if I remember correctly. I've heard mixed opinions about Wyke from Sunderland fans during his time there, but someone with that kind of goalscoring record is possibly worth a punt on a free, can't be any worse than our current options upfront!

Youth Team

So many dismissive responses to the names I would go for but not one alternative suggestion! Every signing is a gamble. I accept some of the names I suggested wouldn’t be universally liked, that’s the thing about football, everyone has opinions. The only signing I suggested not to be pulled dismissed as crap was Dacosta but no comments about him!

Youth Team

So many dismissive responses to the names I would go for but not one alternative suggestion! Every signing is a gamble. I accept some of the names I suggested wouldn’t be universally liked, that’s the thing about football, everyone has opinions. The only signing I suggested not to be pulled dismissed as crap was Dacosta but no comments about him!

Youth Team

We can’t afford players that are tried, tested and ready to go without some form of coaching or new spark. We are Nottingham Forest, long time out of the too flight. We once had the best manager ever who signed players that other clubs didn’t want and turned them into very good players.

Youth Team

We can’t afford players that are tried, tested and ready to go without some form of coaching or new spark. We are Nottingham Forest, long time out of the too flight. We once had the best manager ever who signed players that other clubs didn’t want and turned them into very good players.

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    1)New manager at Sheff Utd might not want him.
    2)He might not expect a starting role if he stays
    3)He may want to rejoin a club he played his best football (yes for a brief time)
    4)He may prefer Nottingaham
    5)His girlfriend might live in Nottingham
    6)He may rate the Forest manager
    7)Loads more reasons, all hypothetical, but biggest reason this hypothetical deal would be difficult is his current wages...

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post

Would they 'eck
    Of course not! His entire reputation is based on that fantastic “five minutes” so not sure why I would ignore it when looking for a pacy, powerful right winger for a club that can’t afford the proven best players in world football...

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by rockabilly View Post
    Rangers fans slated Worrall.
    Bournemouth fans slated Grabban.
    Watford fans slated Garner.
    Olympiacos fans slated Cafu.

But
    Sheff U fans loved Freeman
    Fulham fans wanted to keep Knockaert

Very dangerous to judge one set of fans opinion. I base my opinion of Waghorn on which Derby player I would most like to see out of their starting line up when we play them.