Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 11 of 88 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
    Viv Anderson

Default Re: Summer 2021 transfer window

Quote Originally Posted by RealRed85 View Post
    Given likely finances, Im thinking pick up Christie on a free and get Krovinovic for about 1.5m-2m as the minimum activity we could get away with and still hope for a top 6 challenge. Try for Garner on loan too but if not, play Colback. Bring Gabriel and Johnson into the fold, possibly Carvalho too.

Then its up to Hughton to keep improving Mighten and to get Lolley, Grabban and Colback firing again.

Tell Vrentzos to concentrate on getting rid of Arter, Jenkinson, Bong and Bachirou.

People like Blackett, Figueiredo, Taylor, Ameobi, Yates will have to do for now and can contribute across a successful season.

Build around the core of Samba, McKenna, Worrall, Garner/Colback, Krovinovic and Grabban. Get more out of Mighten and Lolley and thats a decent team with some ok options on the bench.

If we have to sell Worrall, Id move for Steven Caulker who is out of contract in Turkey. Hes sorted his issues now apparently, and hes a very good centre-half.

Maybe pick up a young player from lower leagues if the price is right.

Most importantly though, just let Hughton do his work. Im 100% confident that if hes still our manager in summer 2023, we will be a Premier League club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk on
    Agree with most of that, we do need another winger though to replace Knockaert and I'd love one with pace, Mighten is showing what a little turn of pace and skill can do to teams in the back foot. Probably replace Murray aswell, always good to have an alternate option up front, a lump to throw on when losing or winning to keep the ball at the other end of the pitch.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    Worrall won't go anywhere
    That would be my guess, too. Bids will be placed, but he's not having enough of a Matty Cash season (in the sense of showing himself to be demonstrably for a much higher level from the rest of the team) to make these bids really seductive.

This will be an interesting transfer window, in any case.

First Team

hahaha , colback replacing garner as the lynchpin ? We need garner or someone similar , not passback or we'll go back to the pre-january state where we were so dependent on sow to stay fit.

Last edited by marshal99; 05-04-21 at 18:40.

First Team

With 10 championship sides currently on a transfer embargo, u can see how the pandemic has affected financial matters in the efl. It's going to be tough on all clubs

Impressive member

Quote Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post
    With 10 championship sides currently on a transfer embargo, u can see how the pandemic has affected financial matters in the efl. It's going to be tough on all clubs
    Crikey, I didn't know there were 10 on embargoes. Shows what a tough restriction this is.

Sent from my SM-A920F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MaxiRobriguez View Post
    Crucially the spine of the team, if we get Garner back, is settled and strong.

I'd like to see us go in for a couple of wide players and a striker at the least, ending up with a squad like:

GK: Samba, Smith, Shelvey
    RB: New, Gabriel
    RCB: Worrall, Mbe Soh
    LCB: McKenna, Blackett
    LB: Iannou, Ribeiro
    CM: Garner, Cafu
    CM: Yates, New
    RW: Lolley, New
    AM: Carvalho, Johnson
    LW: Mighten, Ameobi
    ST: New, New

Don't think we'll be able to actually do it, but that means moving on Jenkinson, Colback, Arter, Bong, Dawson, Bachirou, Grabban and Taylor and Figgy, which is probably nearing 200k a week of wages right there - about 10m a season.
    I would try for Nyambe from Blackburn as a right back option. If Fulham stay up I would be asking the question about Bryan, he is currently behind Aina and Robinson in their team. If Barnsley don't go up Mowatt on a free is someone we should be looking at as well. Would love to be able to keep Garner. Niall Ennis from Plymouth would definitley be worth a look at as well. He hasn't had the headlines that Jephcott has had but I feel he could be a quality player. I would keep Taylor personally, but I don't think he fits into Hughton's style.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Cortez the Killer View Post
    Crikey, I didn't know there were 10 on embargoes. Shows what a tough restriction this is.

Technical embargoes as it stands since all 10 failed to send their financial statement on time.

Nigel Clough

Quote Originally Posted by Mist from the Trent View Post
    I would try for Nyambe from Blackburn as a right back option. If Fulham stay up I would be asking the question about Bryan, he is currently behind Aina and Robinson in their team. If Barnsley don't go up Mowatt on a free is someone we should be looking at as well. Would love to be able to keep Garner. Niall Ennis from Plymouth would definitley be worth a look at as well. He hasn't had the headlines that Jephcott has had but I feel he could be a quality player. I would keep Taylor personally, but I don't think he fits into Hughton's style.
    Nyambe would be decent. Would take a fee though as Blackburn have an extra years option on him. I feel like with Christie being available on a free, hell be the option we go for.

Id love Mowatt, but feel like hed have better options than us (parachute clubs paying more money). Hed be an excellent replacement for Garner though.

Barry Douglas is available on a free this summer, hed give us excellent delivery from wide. Not sure hes strong enough defensively for CH though.

I think well only bring in about 5 players in total.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Viv Anderson

2 are already out of it, Cov and Luton will be soon aswell.

First Team

getting linked to rochdale striker Stephen Humphrys. sounds interesting , writeup about him make him out to be the next big thing in league one,

https://the72.co.uk/229990/sources-n...phen-humphrys/

https://breakingthelines.com/scoutin...der-the-radar/

Viv Anderson

getting linked to rochdale striker Stephen Humphrys. sounds interesting , writeup about him make him out to be the next big thing in league one,

https://the72.co.uk/229990/sources-n...phen-humphrys/

https://breakingthelines.com/scoutin...der-the-radar/
    10 in 25 isn't a bad return for a striker at the bottom of the league, scored more than anyone in our squad at least.

Wally Ardron

I have a feeling CH may fancy having a look at Colback in the remaining games.

It's not the flashiest role, but he may have it in mind to have him sitting in front of Worrall and McKenna to break up play and play to short passes to get things moving, in a similar vein to Watson last season.

Quote Originally Posted by RealRed85 View Post
    Nyambe would be decent. Would take a fee though as Blackburn have an extra year’s option on him. I feel like with Christie being available on a free, he’ll be the option we go for.

I’d love Mowatt, but feel like he’d have better options than us (parachute clubs paying more money). He’d be an excellent replacement for Garner though.

Barry Douglas is available on a free this summer, he’d give us excellent delivery from wide. Not sure he’s strong enough defensively for CH though.

I think we’ll only bring in about 5 players in total.

I didn't realise Blackburn had a one year option with him. I imagine we will stick with Christie, Hughton seems to trust him.

I think at the beginning of the season some people would have seen players like Knockaert, Freeman and Arter as being out of our reach as well. With Hughton I think Mowatt isn't an unrealistic target, I do agree however, a lot of teams will be in for him.

Wouldn't mind us trying to get Callum O'Hare from Coventry, which could be an easier target to go for if they go down.

Quote Originally Posted by gamble View Post
    10 in 25 isn't a bad return for a striker at the bottom of the league, scored more than anyone in our squad at least.

He plays a bit like the best player on the pitch at Goals on a Thursday night. I like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nd3vsSEyOOg

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Yeovil Red View Post
    He plays a bit like the best player on the pitch at Goals on a Thursday night. I like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nd3vsSEyOOg
    Best thing, he's young and won't cost a lot. The type of player we should be looking at, pace, skill and power, someone who can make goals for themselves.

Matchday Squad

Best thing, he's young and won't cost a lot.
    Hmmm. Bet his club aren't looking at it that way-they've already done a pretty good job of drawing out all the muppets (the usual crew-suspected to have more money than they let on-us, Wednesday, Blackburn etc, etc) into a potential auction, the articles/pieces that are out there are classic drumming up interest using local journos.

First Team

One year left on his contract and if rochdale is relegated, it isn't like they can afford to hold out. Finances will be tight all around.

Viv Anderson

We need better

First Team

We need cheap younger players with potential.

Matchday Squad

One year left on his contract and if rochdale is relegated, it isn't like they can afford to hold out. Finances will be tight all around.
    Depends how many clubs are in for him...

Only takes a couple to bump the price up nicely....

First Team

Another name in our fast-growing transfer list which might be of interest to you as well. Sidnei Tavares, central midfielder, 19 and a half, Leicester U23 (with three appearances in the first team), international with Portugal U18, U19 and U20. His contract ends in the summer and he hasn't agreed to a renewal yet, so we're trying to snatch him before he does.

Impressive member

Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post
    Another name in our fast-growing transfer list which might be of interest to you as well. Sidnei Tavares, central midfielder, 19 and a half, Leicester U23 (with three appearances in the first team), international with Portugal U18, U19 and U20. His contract ends in the summer and he hasn't agreed to a renewal yet, so we're trying to snatch him before he does.
    Heaven must be missing an Angel Rangel.

Matchday Squad

Not that I know anything about this lad but Im done with the seemingly endless list of talented Portuguese youngsters that appear every close seasons. Not denying there arent sone brilliant Portuguese players and if your shopping in tge Bruno Fernandez market theres clearly worldwide. But it feels like weve had half the population of Lisbon here and none of them have stuck, let alone looked like ripping it up in this division....

Matchday Squad

Not that I know anything about this lad but Im done with the seemingly endless list of talented Portuguese youngsters that appear every close season. Not denying there arent sone brilliant Portuguese players and if your shopping in tge Bruno Fernandez market theres clearly worldies available at 25M+ But it feels like weve had half the population of Lisbon here and none of them have stuck, let alone looked like ripping it up in this division....

First Team

Aye. What we need is a list of talented English youngsters. None of these Jonny forrinners

Your palms are holding her neck and thumbs are at her ears regulating the speed of her head as she swallows and then sucks up your machinery. She is topping up your engine oil for the cross-country coming up. Your RPM is hitting a new high. To wait any longer would be to lose prime time... She picks up a Bugatti's momentum. You want her more at a Volkswagen's steady trot. Squeeze the maximum mileage out of your gallon of gas. But she's eating up the road with all cylinders blazing.

Aniruddha Bahal (Bunker 13