Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: James Garner

Nigel Clough

Default Re: James Garner

Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy View Post
    Manchester United will involve him in pre-season. So it will be interesting to see how committed we are to getting him back. Might only be just before the season starts if Man Utd/Garner agree to him coming back.
    Id probably leave a spot in midfield open for a loan anyway, as the better ones like Garner will probably move later as incoming signings push them out of the picture.

We could give Fornah a good runout in pre-season and let him out on loan if we get a PL loan like Garner or someone else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Viv Anderson

I hope that scenario has been legislated for, and that other potential targets have been identified for that role.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by RealRed85 View Post
    I’d probably leave a spot in midfield open for a loan anyway, as the better ones like Garner will probably move later as incoming signings push them out of the picture.
    With the Euro's not finishing 'til well into July, I'd imagine the likes of Garner will stick around for pre-season until the international players report back towards the end of July/early August.

Nigel Clough

Quote Originally Posted by It's Baggio View Post
    With the Euro's not finishing 'til well into July, I'd imagine the likes of Garner will stick around for pre-season until the international players report back towards the end of July/early August.
    Aye. In a perfect world wed get Mowatt on a free early, then Garner on loan later would be the cherry on top.

Viv Anderson

Aye. In a perfect world wed get Mowatt on a free early, then Garner on loan later would be the cherry on top.

Why would Mowatt come to us?

Quote Originally Posted by DapperDan View Post
    Money

Nigel Clough

Quote Originally Posted by Mist from the Trent View Post
    Money
    That's actually a reason why he won't come to us; Premier League and parachute payment clubs will be able to offer him at least double whatever Forest can offer without even breaking a sweat.

Nigel Clough

Quote Originally Posted by DapperDan View Post
    Money

Nigel Clough

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
    That's actually a reason why he won't come to us; Premier League and parachute payment clubs will be able to offer him at least double whatever Forest can offer without even breaking a sweat.
    Its not a given Premier League or parachute payment clubs will be offering him anything though is it?

Im not saying we are favourites; far from it. But if we show him that we really want him and offer him something similar to what Arter, Colback etc are on then Im sure wed be in the mix.

If it was just about football hed probably stay at Barnsley, but we can blow them out of the water wage-wise.

If he ends up at Norwich or West Brom, then fair enough, but it will be annoying if were not in for him and he ends up at the likes of Boro or Cardiff etc

Nigel Clough

I don't really know where this notion that Forest can offer head-turning money comes from. We aren't even in the top half in this league when it comes to money spent on transfer fees and wages, last time I checked.

There are lots of clubs in the Championship capable of paying higher wages than Nottingham Forest.

Nigel Clough

Its not a given Premier League or parachute payment clubs will be offering him anything though is it?

Im not saying we are favourites; far from it. But if we show him that we really want him and offer him something similar to what Arter, Colback etc are on then Im sure wed be in the mix.

If it was just about football hed probably stay at Barnsley, but we can blow them out of the water wage-wise.

If he ends up at Norwich or West Brom, then fair enough, but it will be annoying if were not in for him and he ends up at the likes of Boro or Cardiff etc

My bet is that he'll go to a parachute payment Championship club on a 40k per week contract. Him being available on a free makes it a no brainer for those kind of clubs.

There's absolutely no chance he'll be at Forest next season. There is no incentive for him to come here, either on the pitch or financially.

Last edited by Ashley; 20-05-21 at 11:59.

Viv Anderson

My bet is that he'll go to a parachute payment Championship club on a 40k per week contract. Him being available on a free makes it a no brainer for those kind of clubs.

There's absolutely no chance he'll be at Forest next season. There is no incentive for him to come here, either on the pitch or financially.
    Not saying you're wrong but you said exactly this about Lyle Taylor last summer too.

Nigel Clough

Quote Originally Posted by Heffing Psycho! View Post
    Not saying you're wrong but you said exactly this about Lyle Taylor last summer too.
    I think Taylor's age and how things played out at Charlton put a lot of people off, the latter especially will have made a lot of clubs think twice. Mowatt is a player in his prime playing well for a top 6 club, so he'll be highly sought after this summer. I don't see any reason why he wouldn't get plenty of better offers than Forest.

Viv Anderson

I think Taylor's age and how things played out at Charlton put a lot of people off, the latter especially will have made a lot of clubs think twice. Mowatt is a player in his prime playing well for a top 6 club, so he'll be highly sought after this summer. I don't see any reason why he wouldn't get plenty of better offers than Forest.
    He perhaps might, no guarantee we'd even be in for him either.

Nigel Clough

Doubt we have much chance of Mowatt, would love to see it though.

Nigel Clough

I don't really know where this notion that Forest can offer head-turning money comes from. We aren't even in the top half in this league when it comes to money spent on transfer fees and wages, last time I checked.

There are lots of clubs in the Championship capable of paying higher wages than Nottingham Forest.
    Players like Arter and Grabban will surely be on at least 20k a week. Mowatt is probably on max 8 or 9k a week.

If Hughton has identified him as a key target (no evidence he has) then Im sure we could at least double his wages. Theres probably 6 or 7 other clubs besides the parachute clubs who could do the same though.

Like I said, if a relegated club comes in for him, its game over for us, but I dont think hes such an ambitious target that hes unrealistic, is all.