Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

View Poll Results: How many will forest win by at the Liberty?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • 4-0: first time we hit more than 3 this season

1 5.26%
  • 3-0: Grabban misses a penalty that would have made it 4

3 15.79%
  • 2-0: Swansea park the bus after we get our 2nd

4 21.05%
  • The unthinkable: we lose!

11 57.89%
Page 36 of 40 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: Official FA Cup Thread: Swansea v Nottingham Forest; Saturday 23rd Jan 2021; 3 p.m.

Default Re: Official FA Cup Thread: Swansea v Nottingham Forest; Saturday 23rd Jan 2021; 3 p.

Quote Originally Posted by justnotjase View Post
    Bollocks, hoped it was just today.

Id play Jenkinson left back I think. The prospect of Bong or Blackett in there gives me shivers
    Never gave loannou a chance thought he was descent

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Official FA Cup Thread: Swansea v Nottingham Forest; Saturday 23rd Jan 2021; 3 p.

Quote Originally Posted by freewheelin View Post
    Never gave loannou a chance thought he was descent
    German perfume?

I bet that new lad from Benfica is already wondering what he's got himself into.

Was there no interview after the match?

Ale ape.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Clarks Tash View Post
    I bet that new lad from Benfica is already wondering what he's got himself into.
    Probably relieved it’s only a loan spell.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Clarks Tash View Post
    German perfume?
    He didn't stink that bad

The rotation was needed and certain players needed game time as we have 8 games in the next 27 days and 3 games in 6 days at the end of that period. The extra games of cup would have been 2 much.

Quote Originally Posted by Retro View Post
    Hughton gave one, but it kept cutting in & out, and the missus kept yapping, so I missed it before I had time to thump her.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry1982 View Post
    The rotation was needed and certain players needed game time as we have 8 games in the next 27 days and 3 games in 6 days at the end of that period. The extra games of cup would have been 2 much.
    Don't think rotation is the problem. The fact the team looked like a half pissed Sunday league team was

Forever, My Lady

If you're on Facebook you can hear the interview here at 36:15

https://www.facebook.com/BBCNottingh...06953636553715

I missed the match. Was it as bad as the scoreline suggests? It looks like we had loads of shots (albeit not on target), were we shooting from the half way line!!! Was there anyone that did have a semi decent game (I'm talking about a Forest player)...?

Hoots said we needed to work harder first half, thought second half was better but the ref didn't do us any favours. Steve Hodge told it like it actually was.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Massive Member

Well that's the cup out of the way anyway. I fell asleep at 30 minutes and I feel like I had the best possible afternoon. I dreamt that I lived in a house with 12 floors but nobody believed me and only I could get to the top floor. Enjoyed it tbh. The dragon on floor 7 was a dickhead though.

On the plus side it's UFC tonight!

Cheltenham 1 up. At least we avoided that potential banana

Pathetic

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by justnotjase View Post
    Bollocks, hoped it was just today.

Id play Jenkinson left back I think. The prospect of Bong or Blackett in there gives me shivers
    Did you not watch jenkinson today mate

All 3 ahhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-engelos Mindminackers View Post
    Hughton gave one, but it kept cutting in & out, and the missus kept yapping, so I missed it before I had time to thump her.
    Or him

Just received this from a sheep associate of mine. I think it could get worse than losing in the cup.

Ale ape.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Furtull View Post
    Just received this from a sheep associate of mine. I think it could get worse than losing in the cup.

Boris is going to buy Derby?

Quote Originally Posted by congo_red View Post
    Boris is going to buy Derby?
    Incidentally, I don't know how true this is or indeed if it's common knowledge, but it appears Mel Morris has had 3 tumors removed and currently has covid. The cancer is why he is keen to get the sale done. If true I wish him well, that's some tough shit to deal with.

Ale ape.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Furtull View Post
    Incidentally, I don't know how true this is or indeed if it's common knowledge, but it appears Mel Morris has had 3 tumors removed and currently has covid. The cancer is why he is keen to get the sale done. If true I wish him well, that's some tough shit to deal with.
    I mean...it’s tough and all, I’d know more than most, but it’s pretty hard to feel sorry for a guy who has spent most of the time he’s owned the club bending and breaking rules.

Quote Originally Posted by congo_red View Post
    I mean...itís tough and all, Iíd know more than most, but itís pretty hard to feel sorry for a guy who has spent most of the time heís owned the club bending and breaking rules.
    There's being an owner of a football club and being human. He's not done anything to me personally so I wish him well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcbeth99 View Post
    I missed the match. Was it as bad as the scoreline suggests? It looks like we had loads of shots (albeit not on target), were we shooting from the half way line!!! Was there anyone that did have a semi decent game (I'm talking about a Forest player)...?
    Bachirou looked decent and was our best player in the 1st half. No-one else did anything good really in the half. He was subbed at half time, I suspect either to protect him for next game, or he was knackered. 2nd half they sat back a bit and we pressed higher. Deserved our goal at the time. Soft pen got them 3rd which killed off our spirit and we collapsed pitifully. We have zero team chemistry, which I guess is not surprising with 10 changes, but given i'm sure they will be pissing and moaning to their agents about why they aren't playing - well the answer if they ask is watch the tape of this game....

Smith - 5 1 soft goal, didn't save anything you wouldn't expect him to, but wasn't terrible.
    Bong 6 - Ran about a bit, let too many crosses come in and gave too much time to their winger.
    Jenkinson - 6 Didn't make a good impact on the game but did try offensively, a bad slip will make him the scapegoat.
    Fig 3 His Forest career is over. 3 goals he made major errors in.
    Worral 5 Not sure if its the switch to left, or not trusting teammates but looked jittery
    Mbe Soh 5 - Not his fault and tried hard, but centre mid is not his thing clearly
    Bachirou 7 - Thought he cycled the ball well and put himself about .
    Lolley 5 - Lost on the left wing, made our goal and tried, but not happening, and does not protect his fullback
    Knockeart 5 - Same as above except doesn't have the excuse being played out of position. Goes seeking the ball across the pitch, kills our shape when he does.
    Freeman 6 - Tough one to score, his fitness is shocking, but he didn't pick himself. Ran like in treacle, but was putting himself about.
    Taylor 5 Never got a touch. Feel so sorry for him, thought this was his big move for him ,so wrong.

Cafu 5 - Moved the ball a bit side to side, thats about all
    Guerrero 4 - Anonymous, got to go.
    Mighten 5 - Tried but may be the weakest footballer I have ever seen.
    Blackett 6 - Didnt think he did too bad, tried to get up the left hand side, but not effectively.

All in all a disaster - how a team with so many senior pro's can allow itself to have to pick players out of position or 30% fit is an absolute joke. There must have been an academy player that could have come on, or dare I say it us not have loaned some out in those positions...

CH is also not filling me with any optimism that he has the tactical or managerial nous to free us from this situation.

It generally feels like one of those where going down and having a firesale wouldn't be the worst thing to happen to us.

Last edited by munerz_95; 23-01-21 at 20:53.

Quote Originally Posted by munerz_95 View Post
    Bachirou looked decent and was our best player in the 1st half. No-one else did anything good really in the half. He was subbed at half time, I suspect either to protect him for next game, or he was knackered. 2nd half they sat back a bit and we pressed higher. Deserved our goal at the time. Soft pen got them 3rd which killed off our spirit and we collapsed pitifully. We have zero team chemistry, which I guess is not surprising with 10 changes, but given i'm sure they will be pissing and moaning to their agents about why they aren't playing - well the answer if they ask is watch the tape of this game....

Smith - 5 1 soft goal, didn't save anything you wouldn't expect him to, but wasn't terrible.
    Bong 6 - Ran about a bit, let too many crosses come in and gave too much time to their winger.
    Jenkinson - 6 Didn't make a good impact on the game but did try offensively, a bad slip will make him the scapegoat.
    Fig 3 His Forest career is over. 3 goals he made major errors in.
    Worral 5 Not sure if its the switch to left, or not trusting teammates but looked jittery
    Mbe Soh 5 - Not his fault and tried hard, but centre mid is not his thing clearly
    Bachirou 7 - Thought he cycled the ball well and put himself about .
    Lolley 5 - Lost on the left wing, made our goal and tried, but not happening, and does not protect his fullback
    Knockeart 5 - Same as above except doesn't have the excuse being played out of position. Goes seeking the ball across the pitch, kills our shape when he does.
    Freeman 6 - Tough one to score, his fitness is shocking, but he didn't pick himself. Ran like in treacle, but was putting himself about.
    Taylor 5 Never got a touch. Feel so sorry for him, thought this was his big move for him ,so wrong.

Cafu 5 - Moved the ball a bit side to side, thats about all
    Guerrero 4 - Anonymous, got to go.
    Mighten 5 - Tried but may be the weakest footballer I have ever seen.
    Blackett 6 - Didnt think he did too bad, tried to get up the left hand side, but not effectively.

All in all a disaster - how a team with so many senior pro's can allow itself to have to pick players out of position or 30% fit is an absolute joke. There must have been an academy player that could have come on, or dare I say it us not have loaned some out in those positions...

CH is also not filling me with any optimism that he has the tactical or managerial nous to free us from this situation.

It generally feels like one of those where going down and having a firesale wouldn't be the worst thing to happen to us.
    Going down absolutely would. Clear the shit out if poss but a lot of fans won't want to watch us in div 3. No guarantee when we'd get out ( preferably upwards) either. It's a no from me.

Didn't watch the game, but I'm looking through the highlights and I'll use that term loosely.

First goal, don't know if Routledge was offside but Bong gets caught napping. Routledge has him on toast and to be fair, puts in a perfect cross.
    Figueiredo can't make it and it's an easy finish. I wish we could cross like that, fuck me.

Second goal, it's a hell of a strike but no one is anywhere near him when he hits it. Think Mbe Soh was supposed to go earlier but this is why you don't play your centre backs at CDM I guess, they forget they are supposed to be ahead of the centre backs.

Our goal, bit of a cluster to be honest but getting back into it at 2-1 is never bad. I don't know what Knockaert is doing when he celebrates but we should cancel his loan for it.

Third goal, never a penalty. He's wiped his boot on Worrall's and fell over.

Fourth goal, I wish we could carve teams open like that. League 2 defending by us.

Fifth goal, fuck off Figueiredo.

I know it's just a cup game but fuck me, the gap between the two teams couldn't have looked any bigger. Abysmal.

Massive Member

Quote Originally Posted by DizzyBala View Post
    I'm looking through the highlights.
    Did it take long?