Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: RIP Phil Spector.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckaroo View Post
    Just to clarify. They happy with how it went?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I have to be honest I was never a fan of 'the wall of sound' and hated his work on Let it be (the orchestral overdubs just didn't work)sort of anti Rock and Roll really. So that together with his other crimes means there are no tears to be shed round these parts.

I fell in love with football as I was later to fall in love with women,. Suddenly, uncritically giving no thought to the pain it could bring. - Nick Hornby

Default Re: Phil Spector (1939-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by I'm Red Till Dead View Post
    Wouldn't that be punishing the artists for something they probably couldn't have foreseen, or known about when they were involved with him?.
    See Rocka’s comment above regarding the Glitter Band.

Maybe when he dies they’ll allow GG’s music to be played again?

GG is a despicable nonce and I am in no way defending or sympathising with him. But he did make some good music.
    If Beethoven were found to be a nonce, would all his works be banned?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your palms are holding her neck and thumbs are at her ears regulating the speed of her head as she swallows and then sucks up your machinery. She is topping up your engine oil for the cross-country coming up. Your RPM is hitting a new high. To wait any longer would be to lose prime time... She picks up a Bugatti's momentum. You want her more at a Volkswagen's steady trot. Squeeze the maximum mileage out of your gallon of gas. But she's eating up the road with all cylinders blazing.

Aniruddha Bahal (Bunker 13

Quote Originally Posted by alabamared View Post
    I have to be honest I was never a fan of 'the wall of sound' and hated his work on Let it be (the orchestral overdubs just didn't work)sort of anti Rock and Roll really. So that together with his other crimes means there are no tears to be shed round these parts.
    I thought it was just me. They played a clip of the Righteous Bros as part of the report on Spector's death on the news last night, and it just sounds so muddy to my ears.

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Pope View Post
    See Rocka’s comment above regarding the Glitter Band.

Maybe when he dies they’ll allow GG’s music to be played again?

GG is a despicable nonce and I am in no way defending or sympathising with him. But he did make some good music.
    If Beethoven were found to be a nonce, would all his works be banned?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I hope so as there is some good music in his back catalogue, though 'Do You Wanna Touch Me' makes me cringe now.

I'm not sure that the problem is just that he's a nonce as you put it, so much as that his victims are still around, which is why I think they would still play Beethoven's music if something came to light about him. Personally I would love to see the songs played and any revenue from it going either to the victims or to charities, but are the victims strong enough to hear the music?

A few years ago I chatted with Harvey Ellison, he was a saxophone player in The Glitter Band from 1972 onwards 'til he recently passed away.

He told me "When Glitter was arrested, our career was effectively over" He went on to say "Radio and Tv won't touch us with a barge pole and promoters that put 'Solid Silver 70's shows' on in theatres have dropped us"

Ellison told me that Glitter had always distanced himself from the band, they recorded their parts in the recording studio separate from Gary. They only time they came in contact with Glitter was when they were performing. When the Glitter Band were performing with Gary, Glitter insisted on having a separate dressing room away from the band.

So unfortunately due to Glitter being a nonce, the Glitter Band's songs are never played on radio, missing out royalties, especially as they wrote all their own hit records.

Last edited by rockabilly; 18-01-21 at 12:49.

Senior doom Monger

My Mum always said: "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all".
    So I'm saying nothing.
    P.S.: I love Gary Glitter's music, but I can't say anything else... Mum would be upset.

May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1

Difficult, this.

A man who changed music immeasurably, but a murderer.

Perhaps a better thread title would have been "Phil Spector has died."

By "relegation battle", do you mean 7th, 12th or 14th?

Quote Originally Posted by willojack View Post
    flagman do me a f***ing favour remove me from this forum