• Forest lose

2 9.52%
  • Geoff Hurst in the 1966 World Cup Final

2 9.52%
Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829

Thread: Matchday 25 - Forest v Middlesbrough - Official matchday thread

Default Re: Matchday 25 - Forest v Middlesbrough - Official matchday thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Redreason View Post
    100% they won't have the physical presence of Yates/Sow but, and perhaps I'm wrong, I see us out-played and out-muscled far too often.. surely the purpose of the cloggers is to stop the opposition playing...we don't.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    I think we need at least one physical player in there, but filling the midfield with those players like we do just means that we struggle to do anything with the ball when we have it.

The opposition don't really have any reason to fear a midfield that isn't really capable of punishing them in anyway.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Up-Front

For me that's our biggest issue and the only real issue with our team. Trouble is so much of a team's play comes from the middle of the pitch and we're consistently out-passed and out-moved there. Think back to some of the players we've had in the last 10 years, Radi, Reid, McGugan, Geddy, (even Lansbury!) .. the current crop are just shite. Sow, Yates and Cafu is the least dynamic midfield combination in the league.

Fortunately, despite the core being shit. The other players will have enough to keep us up. Said it before, I genuinely think we've loaned out a better midfield than we're playing this year.

Fundamentally agree, although I do think the bulk of our approach is width, our central midfield is proving totally incapable of getting in behind or capitalising on any space left while the wingers are covered.

Interesting last night, in one of three passages of play that were any good, it was Mighten who got on the half turn & put a sweet ball in behind for Cafu. We need that from our midfield lads & they're miles off.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
    I think we need at least one physical player in there, but filling the midfield with those players like we do just means that we struggle to do anything with the ball when we have it.

The opposition don't really have any reason to fear a midfield that isn't really capable of punishing them in anyway.
    Nope.. quick look at the team sheet. "Two on Ameobi, Grabban and that kid Mighten". "But won't that leave us open for other players to exploit?!" "They don't have any other players"

I'd be ok with one of Yates or Sow or Arter or Colback if we had a few players who could actually do something

With Arter, Colback, and now Yates, out injured, and Freeman and Bachirou not sufficiently match-fit, I expect that CH will need to conduct a roll-call before choosing his midfield on Saturday. There's no one currently in the development-squad quite ready to step-up, so unless another body arrives in the meantime, it will probably be someone out-of-position in there with Sow and Cafu.

An injury or red-card for either of those two and we are fucked!

Last edited by Otis Redd'un; 21-01-21 at 17:14.

Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    With Arter, Colback, and now Yates, out injured, and Freeman and Bachirou not sufficiently match-fit, I expect that CH will need to conduct a roll-call before choosing his midfield on Saturday. There's no one currently in the development-squad quite ready to step-up, so unless another body arrives in the meantime, it will probably be someone out-of-position in there with Sow and Cafu.

Personally I'd like to see Grabban play deeper behind Taylor... I think he'd add far more quality then Cafu does in that role

Personally I'd like to see Grabban play deeper behind Taylor... I think he'd add far more quality then Cafu does in that role

Not a bad shout. I think either Grabban or Knockaert would offer more there than Cafu, but I'd prefer to see the Knockaert have a run of games out wide.

Up-Front

Id play Lolley & Mighten either side of Knockeart, although it still feels like rearranging the deckchairs until reinforcements come.

Grabbans technically gifted to nail that role, just not convinced his lack of contribution presently isnt a mental thing.

More importantly, if Hughton's never changing midfield of Yates, Sow, Cafu was rightly praised as performing fine against Milwall, and then are crap four days later (judging by your comments, I didn't see the match against Middlesbrough), isn't the inescapable conclusion that they're not fit to play twice a week without any rotation?

Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post
    More importantly, if Hughton's never changing midfield of Yates, Sow, Cafu was rightly praised as performing fine against Milwall, and then are crap four days later (judging by your comments, I didn't see the match against Middlesbrough), isn't the inescapable conclusion that they're not fit to play twice a week without any rotation?
    More importantly we have colback, Yates and arter injured for most likely Feb. 3 relegation 6 pointers coming up could leave us knee deep in the relegation zone and that will be really hard to get out off. Will defo need another attacking midfielder so cafu can play as a central midfeilder. The quality of opposition also needs to be looked at when comparing the midfield in both matches, warlock practically gets every team promoted for a reason

Last edited by Harry1982; 21-01-21 at 19:45.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry1982 View Post
    More importantly we have colback, Yates and arter injured for most likely Feb. 3 relegation 6 pointers coming up could leave us knee deep in the relegation zone and that will be really hard to get out off. Will defo need another attacking midfielder so cafu can play as a central midfeilder. The quality of opposition also needs to be looked at when comparing the midfield in both matches, warlock practically gets every team promoted for a reason
    Arter is Rubbish - And more importantly. His ''attitude'' has been rubbish since he arrived - Would I want him in a battle against the relegation Rivals. Most certainly NOT

Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post
    It helped that some sort of imposter Millwall turned up. Not the side that normally turn up to the CG and give us all sorts of problems.

Quote Originally Posted by It's Baggio View Post
    It helped that some sort of imposter Millwall turned up. Not the side that normally turn up to the CG and give us all sorts of problems.
    Maybe they were still shocked from seeing Ryan before the match. Boro are used to having a big dick around (one manages them - though I'd drive him here) so didn't seem too bothered.

Quote Originally Posted by NooForest View Post
    Arter is Rubbish - And more importantly. His ''attitude'' has been rubbish since he arrived - Would I want him in a battle against the relegation Rivals. Most certainly NOT
    Agree about arter but beggers can't be choosers and that's what the owners decided we needed

we will be sow-soh in midfield and that's okay.