Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: General Recruitment Thread

Hybrid View

Default General Recruitment Thread

For lack of a better place or thread, Iíve started one for general observations or nuggets of information on our recruitment team/tools/strategy, as I feel a lot of stuff gets lost in player or person threads.

I have noticed that both us and Olympiacos have subscribed to the AIScout tool. Apparently the motives behind the Burnley takeover were largely because of the new owners belief in this particular tool and want Burnley to become a bit of a use-case for premier league clubs. I heard that on the Price of Football podcast which is pretty reputable, so I imagine itís likely true.

https://twitter.com/aiscout_app/stat...750601216?s=21

Iíve also noticed a lot of talk about back filling our academy with non-domestic talent, and clearly with the couple weíve signed recently weíre concentrating on developing a pipeline for the first team.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: General Recruitment Thread

Great idea this. Be nice for it to be kept on topic as much as possible

It's all about mid-table...

I'll wait for Alf before I comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Raymondo Ponte' View Post
    I'll wait for Alf before I comment.

I'm sure whatever I say in this thread it will be derided until several years later, when those doing the deriding look back & agree with what were my opinions at the time.

I'm sticking to posting silly pics and telling people what they want to hear from now on. Being a visionary has gone from being embraced by Nottingham in the 70's & 80's, to being witch-hunted.

The club doesn't deserve success as it villainizes everyone with the foresight to bring it here.

Up the Stags.

Red til I'm dead

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-engelos Mindminackers View Post

I'm sure whatever I say in this thread it will be derided until several years later, when those doing the deriding look back & agree with what were my opinions at the time.

I'm sticking to posting silly pics and telling people what they want to hear from now on. Being a visionary has gone from being embraced by Nottingham in the 70's & 80's, to being witch-hunted.

The club doesn't deserve success as it villainizes everyone with the foresight to bring it here.

Up the Stags.
    Visionaries look forward with foresight mate, not backwards with hindsight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RealRed85 View Post
    Visionaries look forward with foresight mate, not backwards with hindsight

Bingo! Full house!

If only I'd have said something about recruitment last year

Red til I'm dead

Bingo! Full house!

If only I'd have said something about recruitment last year
    Ok spiderman

oopsy daisy!

I'm sticking to posting silly pics and telling people what they want to hear from now on.
    Let's have that recorded where we can refer to it.

Can we just have Alf posting in this thread

Good thread.

Our recruitment has lacked any kind of evident strategy, consistency or identity. I'm sure it's unanimous that it's been a scattergun approach.

It's this identity that I perceive to be one of the root problems. The club have to decide what brand of football they want to adopt and how they want us to try and achieve success in terms of our philosophy. Only then can we start properly identifying what type of player we want to bring into the club. What's key to this is actually sticking by the playing identity long term and bringing Managers in to suit this identity and the recruitment policy which comes from it.

For years now we have seen managers/coaches with contrasting playing styles and this doesn't just add to our bomb squad because the previous managers preferred players end up out of favour, it also hinders the progression of Academy players.

I've got no doubt that the Academy remains true to their philosophy and the club now need to ensure this runs through the club like a DNA. Young players who are ready or should be progressing into the first team will find the transition more successful if they are playing in a way which they are used to whilst in the Academy.

This club DNA or identity is absolutely key to continuing success of Academy to first team and to ensure future senior first team purchases are better suited which should reduce player turnover and prevent having a bloated squad.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Last edited by Notcher; 12-01-21 at 20:18.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcher View Post
    Good thread.

Our recruitment has lacked any kind of evident strategy, consistency or identity. I'm sure it's unanimous that it's been a scattergun approach.

It's this identity that I perceive to be one of the root problems. The club have to decide what brand of football they want to adopt and how they want us to try and achieve success in terms of our philosophy. Only then can we start properly identifying what type of player we want to bring into the club. What's key to this is actually sticking by the playing identity long term and bringing Managers in to suit this identity and the recruitment policy which comes from it.

For years now we have seen managers/coaches with contrasting playing styles and this doesn't just add to our bomb squad because the previous managers preferred players end up out of favour, it also hinders the progression of Academy players.

I've got no doubt that the Academy remains true to their philosophy and the club now need to ensure this runs through the club like a DNA. Young players who are ready or should be progressing into the first team will find the transition more successful if they are playing in a way which they are used to whilst in the Academy.

This club DNA or identity is absolutely key to continuing success of Academy to first team and to ensure future senior first team purchases are better suited which should reduce player turnover and prevent having a bloated squad.

I don't disagree. But if we change owners every few years, change managers every year and change players every transfer window, who is it that we're expecting to guard and maintain that DNA

Quote Originally Posted by Malwood View Post
    I don't disagree. But if we change owners every few years, change managers every year and change players every transfer window, who is it that we're expecting to guard and maintain that DNA
    Gary Brazil would be my man without a shadow of a doubt the most important and successful person at the club. He's used to implementing long term football strategy and philosophy and identification of players. He's also the least likely to leave his position and he genuinely cares about Forest.

He's the man I'd entrust it all to.

Flouncing Member

We need to start signing 1 or 2 great players instead of 7 or 8 shit ones

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    We need to start signing 1 or 2 great players instead of 7 or 8 shit ones
    they only turned shit once they come to forest.

Is this transfer news or recruitment of the admin staff?

As has been said, assuming the thread can be kept on-topic, it will be interesting to see how things develop as it becomes updated.

Warp Speed Chic

Anyone a fan of the Bee Gees?

Sabri > CH

Quote Originally Posted by Freddie View Post
    Anyone a fan of the Bee Gees?
    Depends how deep youíre love is.

Yes, they're great; it's a tragedy I never got to see them live.

Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.

Quote Originally Posted by Phooey View Post
    at least they had 5 6 7 8 covered, but baby steps...

Impressive member

Quote Originally Posted by Phooey View Post
    One of them is still living.

Sent from my SM-A920F using Tapatalk

13th Duke of Wybourne

Are ISIS still recruiting?

"Ive only met Andy....last week actually and can confirm he is in 2nd place in sexiest fucker on here stakes." -Barry

Massive Member

Quote Originally Posted by OK SpidermAndy! View Post
    Are ISIS still recruiting?
    The wages aren't great mate, it's been shut down for years, there's a cinema close by though.

Oh, to be that seer who is never wrong, who has great moral judgement and supports Forest.

Quote Originally Posted by MXJ View Post
    For lack of a better place or thread, Iíve started one for general observations or nuggets of information on our recruitment team/tools/strategy, as I feel a lot of stuff gets lost in player or person threads.

I have noticed that both us and Olympiacos have subscribed to the AIScout tool. Apparently the motives behind the Burnley takeover were largely because of the new owners belief in this particular tool and want Burnley to become a bit of a use-case for premier league clubs. I heard that on the Price of Football podcast which is pretty reputable, so I imagine itís likely true.

https://twitter.com/aiscout_app/stat...750601216?s=21

Iíve also noticed a lot of talk about back filling our academy with non-domestic talent, and clearly with the couple weíve signed recently weíre concentrating on developing a pipeline for the first team.
    Can't be any worse than our current pipeline, which seems to be on long term loan from a Severn Trent sewage treatment facility.

(That'd certainly explain the number of unflushable turds we currently have around the place.)

Last edited by Frank Clarks Tash; 13-01-21 at 12:36.