Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Derby Fans Comments

Nigel Clough

Default Re: Derby Fans Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-engelos Mindminackers View Post
    Today was a proper relegation result for them. They're in real fucking trouble.
    They should still have enough to get themselves out of trouble, I'd be surprised if they were still in the bottom three at the end of the season.

Obviously if the take over collapses and they end up in administration and/or having to have a fire sale, then that changes things entirely.

If they do go down they will be massively in the shit, given the much stricter FFP rules in League One, the League One/Two salary cap and the losses they make every year (as we will be if we go down too).

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Gaff Lad

They've got their heads up their own little arses because of the Sky 'Lampard and Rooney' 'wank fest'.

The Foam Hand

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
    They should still have enough to get themselves out of trouble, I'd be surprised if they were still in the bottom three at the end of the season.

Obviously if the take over collapses and they end up in administration and/or having to have a fire sale, then that changes things entirely.

If they do go down they will be massively in the shit, given the much stricter FFP rules in League One, the League One/Two salary cap and the losses they make every year (as we will be if we go down too).
    I think they’ll get out of it but they aren’t showing enough fight at the moment.
    The thing with teams like Rotherham they are seasoned battlers and used to it, Derby aren’t and neither are we. On paper we’ve got more than enough quality to get out of it but not so sure Derby will have if the sale falls through and they have to sell a few players.

Wally Ardron

Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post
    I think they’ll get out of it but they aren’t showing enough fight at the moment.
    The thing with teams like Rotherham they are seasoned battlers and used to it, Derby aren’t and neither are we. On paper we’ve got more than enough quality to get out of it but not so sure Derby will have if the sale falls through and they have to sell a few players.
    I think they will struggle, without the takeover...simples

Nigel Clough

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Fossil View Post
    Calling for the season to be stopped now when they are in the bottom 3.

There's inbred and there's Derby fans.
    I'm not sure that's what they meant.

Surely the idea would be that if somehow this season was curtailed due to covid as well, with it being slightly less advanced than last, and with the extra constraint of Euro 2020 [sic] the option to basically restart where we left off may not be so convenient.

In any case if this did happen there would be the following possibilities:

- Stop the season and restart where we left off at a convenient point (this would no doubt have to be only a stoppage lasting maybe a month or less this time)
    - Stop the season, don't restart and use some sort of PPG algorithm to complete the season (like they did in L1 etc)
    - Stop the season and expunge it before starting again in the summer with basically this division's standings and no promotion/relegation

If they did either of the first two then the sheep would for sure be in the poo because they're in the relegation places and even a few weeks break won't hide that they are still shite.

Quote Originally Posted by Statto View Post
    I'm not sure that's what they meant.

Surely the idea would be that if somehow this season was curtailed due to covid as well, with it being slightly less advanced than last, and with the extra constraint of Euro 2020 [sic] the option to basically restart where we left off may not be so convenient.

In any case if this did happen there would be the following possibilities:

- Stop the season and restart where we left off at a convenient point (this would no doubt have to be only a stoppage lasting maybe a month or less this time)
    - Stop the season, don't restart and use some sort of PPG algorithm to complete the season (like they did in L1 etc)
    - Stop the season and expunge it before starting again in the summer with basically this division's standings and no promotion/relegation

If they did either of the first two then the sheep would for sure be in the poo because they're in the relegation places and even a few weeks break won't hide that they are still shite.
    Didn't the EFL teams vote for rule changes to lock in the positions as adjusted by ppg for unplayed games to decide the season if the league had to be abandoned again? Relegation/promotion being based on the resultant table.

Ian Storey-Moore

That was a thoroughly entertaining read, thank you.

May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1

Rooney!! Rooney!!! Rooney!!!

Fugly shrektard!

They deserve him

By "relegation battle", do you mean 7th, 12th or 14th?

Quote Originally Posted by willojack View Post
    flagman do me a f***ing favour remove me from this forum

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by MaxiRobriguez View Post
    Just like everyone's favourite team is apparently Liverpool.

Yeah, no.
    Wait... I thought it was Newcastle? Oh, hang on, maybe West Ham? It's very hard to keep up with who my second team should be...

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Upper Decker

Nobody wants to sign for a club heading down to league one that can't pay its players on time.
    And who are under a transfer embargo.

THE TRUTH IS THERE AND WITH IT I GO TO THE END OF THE WORLD .

Gaff Lad

Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    And who are under a transfer embargo.
    Dougie?

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by MaxiRobriguez View Post
    Just like everyone's favourite team is apparently Liverpool.

Yeah, no.
    There's a certain age group to plastic scousers, stems from their success years ago so expect a new breed of them with the recent success. *****.

Sent from my M2003J15SC using Tapatalk

Theoretically yes mate, they should.

But I think they've took a big gamble going the wildcard route with Wooney, rather than going for a more established manager (sure that makes me xenaphobic/racist/Shrekist with the snowflakes on here tho )

Rooney's had some good form with them post-Cocu, but so did Pearce with us back in the late 90's post Clark. Everything in the management game is new to him, and so most challenges which comes at him as a manager will be something he's yet to experience.

He might deal with them superbly, but I know I'd personally much sooner have someone like Hughton in charge who has already dealt with those situations a million times before.

They should stay up, but with Wooney in charge I think that's a more unstable variable than with someone with experience.

Nigel Clough

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-engelos Mindminackers View Post
    Theoretically yes mate, they should.

But I think they've took a big gamble going the wildcard route with Wooney, rather than going for a more established manager (sure that makes me xenaphobic/racist/Shrekist with the snowflakes on here tho )

Rooney's had some good form with them post-Cocu, but so did Pearce with us back in the late 90's post Clark. Everything in the management game is new to him, and so most challenges which comes at him as a manager will be something he's yet to experience.

He might deal with them superbly, but I know I'd personally much sooner have someone like Hughton in charge who has already dealt with those situations a million times before.

They should stay up, but with Wooney in charge I think that's a more unstable variable than with someone with experience.
    They haven't really been much better under Rooney though. He lost his first two then of their next 6 they won 2 and drew 4 then lost 3 of their last 4. They are in a bit of a false position in that their squad probably is a fair amount better than 2nd from bottom, they still have Lawrence, Sibley is probably the most advanced of a fair amount of good younger players, but they can't really bring anyone in because they're still skint from paying loads of money for the likes of Bradley Johnson on silly money.

They haven't done anything to pull away from the bottom really, we had a tough run of games around the time they didn't lose many, weren't really likely to get much out of any of them, and didn't really play badly, and haven't lost since. It's not that we're pulling away really but if the run continues for the rest of the month we probably will. Interesting comparison with Psycho in that they didn't pull away - we did, after beating Arsenal in his first game then losing to Man U and drawing with the bin dippers, we won 3 in a row and got out of the bottom 3, until the middle of March when we'd got Bassett in. Since it's arguable who was in charge then if they hadn't done that we don't know what would have happened.

It will be interesting to see what happens, if this takeover doesn't happen they will probably end up going into admin with a points deduction, they look like a relegated side on the pitch too, and they don't really have any experience they can sell big, though you can see someone like Chelski buying Sibley and Bird like they did with Bamford.

Viv Anderson

I am not convinced mate.

I think if anybody looks at their squad objectively they can see it's massively below Championship standard.

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Statto View Post
    They haven't really been much better under Rooney though.
    Rooney tightened them up at the back. He hasn't addressed their lack of goals, they haven't scored in more than half of his games. Eventually they are gonna have to score goals, and with them opening up more they are gonna be worse at the back again.

They will only survive if they bring in goalscorers this Jan, but with their takeover situation it looks doubtful.

Teams that score in less than half of their games do not stay in the division. If you take away the freak 4-0 against Birmingham, they have only scored 10 goals in 23 games. That is shocking. I think they have only scored about 2 goals from open play all season, in over 20 games!

Nigel Clough

Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    I am not convinced mate.

I think if anybody looks at their squad objectively they can see it's massively below Championship standard.
    There are a few players in there who are pretty decent on their day, I'd say on paper they have a better squad than the rest of the bottom 8 besides perhaps ourselves.

Teams with better squads than Derby have gone down though. And the uncertainty off the pitch isn't helping them at the moment.

The next couple of weeks are huge for them; if they resolve the takeover one way or another, avoid a fire sale, bring in a striker and get a couple of good results in the next four games then they should be fine. If they are still in the bottom 3 after the away fixture at Rotherham in February then I'll start to believe they'll genuinely be in trouble.

Gaff Lad

I hate to say it, but Derby have plummeted drastically since Keogh left.

We've ripped him to sheds on here, but some of my sheep mates recon he was great leader and motivator.

Shoot to Thrill

Quote Originally Posted by rockabilly View Post

We've ripped him to sheds on here, but some of my sheep mates recon he was great leader and motivator.
    Not as great as Conor Sammon

The Foam Hand

He got some really harsh treatment from the Shaggers long before he left. I had radio Derby on one day at work and he and his missus had death threats because of the playoff final defeat. He was talking openly about it and clearly disappointed.

Ian Storey-Moore

The Derby fans I work with were certainly sad to seem him go.

Quote Originally Posted by Loughborough_red View Post
    The Derby fans I work with were certainly sad to seem him go.
    I think the club treated Keogh badly releasing just him. If he was released the other too should have been too. I know he was team captain, but they were out of work at the time. They didn't have to go in the car with him. What are they, sheep?

Nigel Clough

Quote Originally Posted by I'm Red Till Dead View Post
    I think the club treated Keogh badly releasing just him. If he was released the other too should have been too. I know he was team captain, but they were out of work at the time. They didn't have to go in the car with him. What are they, sheep?
    Worse that Keogh was only a passenger, rather than a driver, yet got more harshly treated than the other two. For Derby, it was a perfect opportunity to get a player with no resale value and decent wages off the books. The other two had potential resale value, so got a slap on the wrist.

Add to that their constant FFP dodging shenanigans over the years, and you have one completely and utterly classless club. As critical as I have been of our owners recently, I'd much rather have them than someone like Mel Morris.

Wally Ardron

Keogh was a decent player and was treated very shabbily by Derby.

Viv Anderson

He gave them a nastiness, it was obvious they would lose it when he left. He knew what was required to win games.

As soon as they threw him under the bus in favour of Bennett & Lawrence, I was delighted.