Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Filip Krovinovic

Default Filip Krovinovic

WBA midfielder on loan from Benfica, 25. He was supposed to sign for PAOK, then they said that we were interested, which is impossible given the amount of midfielders we have, and at least one Greek sports site (well connected with us) claims that it is Forest who are interested and close to signing him.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: [BUPA] Filip Krovinovic

He would be great for this league, had a great last season with WBA.

Played something like 11 games for wBA in prem, so not sure he would leave them or drop back into Champ. Unless WBA have plans for other loanees

Last edited by Dan_Bristol; 06-01-21 at 17:06.

We are overdue a signing from Benfica.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_Bristol View Post
    Played something like 11 games for wBA in prem, so not sure he would leave them or drop back into Champ. Unless WBA have plans for other loanees
    Allardyce reportedly does not rate him, and would prefer to let him go.

Smells like a 'Oly dont want him at PAOK' lets get him to Forest instead type scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetprince View Post
    Smells like a 'Oly dont want him at PAOK' lets get him to Forest instead type scenario.
    Hence the BUPA in the thread title. What's clear is that we are not interested (we have five midfielders).

Jonny Metgod is my hero

He'd be a great signing for us

Forever, My Lady

Quote Originally Posted by tjhooker View Post
    He'd be a great signing for us
    And a fillip for him to play for Forest

Jonny Metgod is my hero

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    And a fillip for him to play for Forest

Hahaha

Is he the one that Cashy crunched

Quote Originally Posted by MXJ View Post
    Is he the one that Cashy crunched
    Yes https://twitter.com/georgeharbey/sta...72095658143745

He was brilliant for WBA last season in the Championship. I'd take him and Stefan Johansen from Fulham in a heartbeat if they were available.

Impressive member

Gerrim, Fawaz.

Sent from my SM-A920F using Tapatalk

Brilliant's a bit of a stretch. He would help fill the Tiago Silva shaped hole in our squad, not sure he'd be much of an upgrade though.

Let's face it, as soon as he comes here he'll be a Filip flop....

I'll get me coat.

Up-Front

Cafu is showing something, but this youth wont have to be that good to upgrade our central midfield.

Its the two behind that need special attention, but this lads welcome too.

Last edited by MASE; 07-01-21 at 11:36.

Quote Originally Posted by It's Baggio View Post
    Brilliant's a bit of a stretch. He would help fill the Tiago Silva shaped hole in our squad, not sure he'd be much of an upgrade though.
    Scores more goals.

John Percy says this lad is on the list but unlikely. "More likely to sign another WBA player". Coincidentally Robert Snodgrass is having a medical at WBA today which would probably suggest a different winger drops further down the pecking order.

Reading up on Krovinonic and he is meant to be an attacking midfielder. At WBA he did okay but it does make you wonder why didnt we just keep Carvalho?

If Hughton is looking at Attacking Midfielders wouldnt recalling Johnson also be shrewd?

Anyway he seems all right Krovinovic but will he solve our quality issue of finishing and final passess? Thats the biggest thing killing us at the moment is quality.

Don't know much about him but just seems another player who isn't getting game time for his present club, where have we seen that before. Rather we looked at players young and doing well opposed to another not getting games, we've been burned enough times now tredding this path.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by EmmersonForest4 View Post
    why didnt we just keep Carvalho?
    'cos the fat Greek decided he didn't want him around any more.

Red til I'm dead

Reading up on Krovinonic and he is meant to be an attacking midfielder. At WBA he did okay but it does make you wonder why didnt we just keep Carvalho?

If Hughton is looking at Attacking Midfielders wouldnt recalling Johnson also be shrewd?

Anyway he seems all right Krovinovic but will he solve our quality issue of finishing and final passess? Thats the biggest thing killing us at the moment is quality.
    Because Carvalho is nowhere near as good as his fee or his fanboys would have you believe. Itís not rocket science to think that Hughton would want a better midfielder than Carvalho.

Krovinovic is more of a number 8 than a 10 anyway. I donít think Hughton plays with a 10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RealRed85 View Post
    Because Carvalho is nowhere near as good as his fee or his fanboys would have you believe. It’s not rocket science to think that Hughton would want a better midfielder than Carvalho.

Krovinovic is more of a number 8 than a 10 anyway. I don’t think Hughton plays with a 10.

I havent suggested Carvalho was worth his fee I also think he was grossly overpriced. That being said for a number 10 his stats are just as good Krovinovic and we own Carvalho! If we played him we may get his price up.

We are desparate for a a number 10 who is much better than Cafu attacking wise. I actually think Cafu is the good number 8 to be used sitting next to Sow and linking the defence to the attack. So depends who is better Krovinovic or Cafu?

Krovinovic a decent enough player but does he improve the starting 11 thats the question? If we are looking at the starting 11 id say we need upgrades on Yates, Ameobi and Cafu at number 10 in order for us to score more.

Taylor's piece in the athletic was good apparently we are on the top 5 for shots?? Here is a quote from Tails

"Forest are not a side that create many chances, as Hughton often laments. But they do have a habit of failing to make the most of those they do create. Only Derby (14) and Sheffield Wednesday (15) have scored fewer goals than Forest (16) so far. On a basic level, the 269 efforts on goal Forest have had this season is the fifth most in the Championship (Norwich lead the way with 375). But the ratio of those efforts that have led to goals (5.95 per cent) is the second-worst in the division. Forest’s percentage of shots on target (24.9 per cent) is also the lowest, which goes a long way to explaining things."

Yates has had one of the highest amount of shots in the championship without scoring so if he is not sitting and sow is than to help us score more hell need replacing. Ameobi has 1 contribution for Forest in 25 games and Cafu is a defensive midfielder playing number 10.

If we are to look at issues with the squad thats where we should start. The back 5 have improved lots this past 5 games and credit to them the one sitter is either Sow or Yates for me.

So is Krovinovic an upgrade on Carvalho or Johnson at number 10 or is he an upgrade on Yates or Cafu at number 8? Id say Yates is fighting Sow for the sitting role than Arter and Cafu for the number 8 role. Number 10 role we are chronically short we could do with Freeman back soon.

Oh No, Carvalho is not worth 13m. Who cares? He's not, you're right. However, if he can do the job better than what we have his price tag is completely irrelevant.

From what I have seen this season he would have helped us hugely. For those who disagree, well what can I say? we've just been so creative.

Red til I'm dead

I havent suggested Carvalho was worth his fee I also think he was grossly overpriced.
    Never said you did.

That being said for a number 10 his stats are just as good Krovinovic and we own Carvalho! If we played him we may get his price up.
    Heís not a 10. Heís also better than Carvalho.

We are desparate for a a number 10 who is much better than Cafu attacking wise. I actually think Cafu is the good number 8 to be used sitting next to Sow and linking the defence to the attack. So depends who is better Krovinovic or Cafu?
    Krovinovic.

Krovinovic a decent enough player but does he improve the starting 11 thats the question?
    Yes.

Taylor's piece in the athletic was good apparently we are on the top 5 for shots?? Here is a quote from Tails

"Forest are not a side that create many chances, as Hughton often laments. But they do have a habit of failing to make the most of those they do create. Only Derby (14) and Sheffield Wednesday (15) have scored fewer goals than Forest (16) so far. On a basic level, the 269 efforts on goal Forest have had this season is the fifth most in the Championship (Norwich lead the way with 375). But the ratio of those efforts that have led to goals (5.95 per cent) is the second-worst in the division. Forestís percentage of shots on target (24.9 per cent) is also the lowest, which goes a long way to explaining things."

Yates has had one of the highest amount of shots in the championship without scoring so if he is not sitting and sow is than to help us score more hell need replacing. Ameobi has 1 contribution for Forest in 25 games and Cafu is a defensive midfielder playing number 10.

If we are to look at issues with the squad thats where we should start. The back 5 have improved lots this past 5 games and credit to them the one sitter is either Sow or Yates for me.
    Not sure what any of that has to do with signing Krovinovic.

So is Krovinovic an upgrade on Carvalho or Johnson at number 10 or is he an upgrade on Yates or Cafu at number 8?.
    Both. But Hughton doesnít really play with a 10 so itís moot. Heíll play where Cafu is playing, pushing forward from central midfield.