Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 56

Thread: Francis Amuzu

  1. #26
    Up-Front
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Divorce courts.
    Posts
    18,280

    Default Re: Francis Amuzu

    Quote Originally Posted by 2sambas1cup View Post
    https://sportsworldghana.com/notting...francis-amuzu/

    A offer has been made

    Leading news site in ghana
    My nans got a pair of them gloves.


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many

  3. #27
    Massive Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    On Tour
    Posts
    24,734

    Default Re: Francis Amuzu

    Quote Originally Posted by GandalfTheRed View Post
    Young, fast, skillful, coming from a good academy and not like we are spunking £15m on him. But I am sure some people will take issue with it.
    Without a shadow of a doubt


  4. #28
    Massive Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    On Tour
    Posts
    24,734

    Default Re: Francis Amuzu

    He's never played against Doncaster on a Tuesday night, not got enough experience. Don't bother.


  5. #29
    Ian Storey-Moore
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3,376

    Default Re: Francis Amuzu

    Blace, I'm in


  6. #30
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chester
    Posts
    10,544

    Default Re: Francis Amuzu

    Quote Originally Posted by GandalfTheRed View Post
    Young, fast, skillful, coming from a good academy and not like we are spunking £15m on him. But I am sure some people will take issue with it.
    Depends on the context of the signing dosent it? His stats are distinctly average for a side that is a version of the Glasgow Rangers or Celtic of that league. Stats dont tell everything but it would be nice to sign a player who is coming off something good for once foreign or British.

    If we get rid of Knockaert and get this guy in when what we need is a massive improvment on Ameobi and Lolley we will probably be much weaker.

    If we keep knockaert and this guy is cheap and low risk and as you said comes from a good academy its a good gamble to take.

    Would you say that is fair?


  7. #31
    Nigel Clough
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    6,446

    Default Re: Francis Amuzu

    Quote Originally Posted by Berkshire Red View Post
    Would he get a work permit?
    Shouldn’t be a problem. Belgian league will score highly and it says he’s played 14 times this year. Also says he’s a Belgian youth player and Belgium are highly ranked so he’d score plenty of points for that too.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


  8. #32
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The Dock Of The Bay, Bakersfield.
    Posts
    13,800

    Default Re: Francis Amuzu

    Quote Originally Posted by GandalfTheRed View Post
    Young, fast, skillful, coming from a good academy and not like we are spunking £15m on him. But I am sure some people will take issue with it.
    Of course they will, it's a given. Those people would have bitched had we signed Kante and Mahrez from the French 2nd-tier.


  9. #33
    Bob McKinlay
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Lufthansa Business Lounge
    Posts
    95,396

    Default Re: Francis Amuzu

    Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    Of course they will, it's a given. Those people would have bitched had we signed Kante and Mahrez from the French 2nd-tier.
    Or indeed my personal current favourite, Silas Wamangituka from Paris FC, who is absolutely tearing-up the Bundesliga at the moment.

    „I believe in socialism because it seems more humanitarian, rather than every man for himself and 'I'm alright jack' and all those arsehole businessmen with all the loot. I made up my mind from viewing society from that angle. That's where I'm from and there's where I've made my decisions from. That's why I believe in socialism“

    „Don't forget you're alive. 'Cause sometimes when you walk around the city and you're in a bad mood, you can think, hey, wait a minute, we're alive! We don't know what the next second will bring and what a fantastic thing this is. This can get easily forgotten in the routine of life, and that's something I'm trying to bring to my attention at all times. Don't forget you're alive. We're not dead, you know. This is the greatest thing.”

    — Joe Strummer

  10. #34
    Massive Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    On Tour
    Posts
    24,734

    Default Re: Francis Amuzu

    Quote Originally Posted by EmmersonForest4 View Post
    Depends on the context of the signing dosent it? His stats are distinctly average for a side that is a version of the Glasgow Rangers or Celtic of that league. Stats dont tell everything but it would be nice to sign a player who is coming off something good for once foreign or British.

    If we get rid of Knockaert and get this guy in when what we need is a massive improvment on Ameobi and Lolley we will probably be much weaker.

    If we keep knockaert and this guy is cheap and low risk and as you said comes from a good academy its a good gamble to take.

    Would you say that is fair?
    Spoiler alert: he has you on ignore mate.

    You've jumped from a new player signing to a swap for Knockeart and a copy paste about Ameobi. Have a day off.


  11. #35
    First Team
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    8,228

    Default Re: Francis Amuzu

    Quote Originally Posted by 2sambas1cup View Post
    https://sportsworldghana.com/notting...francis-amuzu/

    A offer has been made

    Leading news site in ghana
    African media are notoriously unreliable when it comes to transfer news. At one point, they claimed that a completely unknown young African player had signed for us and was on the plane to Athens. No one ever heard from him again.

    That being said, there may be a triangular connection here: Anderlecht have placed a bid for a player of ours (loan with an option to buy).


  12. #36
    EmmersonForest4 "Bellend"
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Mansfield
    Posts
    5,250

    Default Re: Francis Amuzu

    If he was a young player, with bags of potential AND filling the stats sheet, why on Earth would he be coming to Forest? And he wouldn't be coming for a low fee either?

    People want their cake and to eat it as well. You have to hope you can identify these sorts of players, bring them in, develop them in house and hope they take you to that next level, or you sell them on for big £.


  13. #37
    Massive Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    On Tour
    Posts
    24,734

    Default Re: Francis Amuzu

    Quote Originally Posted by GandalfTheRed View Post
    If he was a young player, with bags of potential AND filling the stats sheet, why on Earth would he be coming to Forest? And he wouldn't be coming for a low fee either?

    People want their cake and to eat it as well. You have to hope you can identify these sorts of players, bring them in, develop them in house and hope they take you to that next level, or you sell them on for big £.
    Way too sensible mate. Forest should be buying overpriced British rammel and letting their contracts run down and letting them go for nothing.


  14. #38
    Impressive member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Arkham Asylum
    Posts
    14,246

    Default Re: Francis Amuzu

    Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post
    At one point, they claimed that a completely unknown young African player had signed for us and was on the plane to Athens. No one ever heard from him again.
    Another Neil Warnock signing, FFS.

    Sent from my SM-A920F using Tapatalk


  15. #39
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    out west
    Posts
    18,896

    Default Re: Francis Amuzu

    More chance of Amazon Prime delivering the same day.

    EXACT SAME BENEFITS

  16. #40
    Ian Storey-Moore
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Oxford
    Posts
    4,484

    Default Re: Francis Amuzu

    Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post
    African media are notoriously unreliable when it comes to transfer news. At one point, they claimed that a completely unknown young African player had signed for us and was on the plane to Athens. No one ever heard from him again.

    That being said, there may be a triangular connection here: Anderlecht have placed a bid for a player of ours (loan with an option to buy).
    George weah


  17. #41
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chester
    Posts
    10,544

    Default Re: Francis Amuzu

    Again depends on the context of the signing for this one. I have no problem in spending little money and get them in the squad and see where that takes as that is risk vs reward. However if we lose Knockaert and get this guy than that is a massive gamble surley?

    Also on the terms of risk and reward does anyone have any faith in our recruitment team picking out players that will go on to sell for millions? I mean if you look at our transfers from outside the UK the best we have signed is Ribeiro under maranakis? Samba we would get a profit on as well I imagine but a sizeable one?

    Unfortunately we are in a precarious situation here if we ship out players for potential than that kind of transfer policy for a relegation threatened side is a gamble.


  18. #42
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    12,337

    Default Re: Francis Amuzu

    I am not Amuzued, said the actress to the Bishop.


  19. #43
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    out west
    Posts
    18,896

    Default Re: Francis Amuzu

    Quote Originally Posted by Forest ash View Post
    George weah
    Do you mean George Weah's cousin, Ali Dia?

    Weah himself was a well known international player by the time he arrived in England from AC Milan.

    Last edited by Redemption; 06-01-21 at 12:10.

  20. #44
    Massive Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    On Tour
    Posts
    24,734

    Default Re: Francis Amuzu

    Nice to see the usual suspect troll doubting the signing before it's even been confirmed. That must be an LTLF record? Writing him off before he's even signed a contract?


  21. #45
    Best served cold
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Cliftonia
    Posts
    25,455

    Default Re: Francis Amuzu

    Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    Of course they will, it's a given. Those people would have bitched had we signed Kante and Mahrez from the French 2nd-tier.
    Unless they've played for Peterborough or Brentford then they aren't good enough for Nottingham Forest.

    "I've been blessed with many things in this life: an arm like a damn rocket, a c**k like a burmese python, and the mind of a f**king scientist" - Kenny Powers

  22. #46
    First Team
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    7,944

    Default Re: Francis Amuzu

    Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    Of course they will, it's a given. Those people would have bitched had we signed Kante and Mahrez from the French 2nd-tier.
    I think the doubt stems from our overseas targets generally coming from clubs or agents we seem to have a connection with, rather than a result of clever scouting.

    There have been exceptions, mainly Samba, who of course signed from a club relegated to the French 2nd tier and has been excellent for the money. Hopefully Amuzu (if he is genuinely a target) is someone that we have scouted/analysed.


  23. #47
    Matchday Squad
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,367

    Default Re: Francis Amuzu

    Quote Originally Posted by It's Baggio View Post
    There have been exceptions, mainly Samba, who of course signed from a club relegated to the French 2nd tier and has been excellent for the money. Hopefully Amuzu (if he is genuinely a target) is someone that we have scouted/analysed.
    Didn't Nuno da Costa fit into the "scouted / analysed" category?


  24. #48
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The Dock Of The Bay, Bakersfield.
    Posts
    13,800

    Default Re: Francis Amuzu

    Quote Originally Posted by Berkshire Red View Post
    Didn't Nuno da Costa fit into the "scouted / analysed" category?
    Like Diakhabi, he was reported at the time as being a Sabri Lamouchi recommendation.


  25. #49
    First Team
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    7,944

    Default Re: Francis Amuzu

    Quote Originally Posted by Berkshire Red View Post
    Didn't Nuno da Costa fit into the "scouted / analysed" category?
    Perhaps, you're not gonna get them all right. Although not signing 29 year old's with patchy records would improve our hit-rate.


  26. #50
    EmmersonForest4 "Bellend"
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Mansfield
    Posts
    5,250

    Default Re: Francis Amuzu

    Da Costa, another fine example of a player dropped in to a shit circumstance and disappointed he didn't turn out to be Ronaldo.


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •