4 9.76%
  • Watford Win

26 63.41%
  • The Draw

4 9.76%
  • Just show some effort you absolute shower

7 17.07%
Page 36 of 39 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: MATCHDAY 15: NOTTINGHAM FOREST v WATFORD.

Default Re: MATCHDAY 15: NOTTINGHAM FOREST v WATFORD.

That was a performance straight out of the Hughton playbook - make a team that's hard to beat before you start trying to be a fancy up front, that said also encouraging that he played Cafu when his other options had been given a chance but hadn't clicked and also that Lolley for instance after a poor start got better when as the game went on, I suspect that he and the rest of the team relaxed and started playing with less panic when they realised that we weren't going to get spanked and were more than holding our own.

Agree with everyone though shockingly poor reffing.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nottingham, United Kingdom, United Kingdom

Solid.

Need to improve the final ball and test a keeper though. Don’t remember Foster making a save

Liked the look of Cafu. Worrall was excellent and dragged Figgy back to a decent level.

Arter has less pace than an arthritic sloth. Decent player but can’t run or shoot

Crossing and set piece was laughable but the build up and interplay was so much better

Still don’t get the lack of subs though

Oh and the ref. What a prick. Completely one sided and should never be allowed to ref again

Quote Originally Posted by ben_b View Post
    Fulham have had our pants down with Arter, Christie and Knockaert. Send them back in Jan and sign some players with pace.
    I completely disagree, but even if I did agree with you, why would Fulham take Arter back when he's our player?

Well for me I am chuffed to bits with tonight. Clean fucking sheet bro. Looked comfortable made a few chances against a decent side.

Highlights for me Worrall and Cafu.Colback not missed, in fact leave him on the bench.

Senior doom Monger

The good news: Colback probably out for weeks!

Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    I completely disagree, but even if I did agree with you, why would Fulham take Arter back when he's our player?
    Isn’t the return period extended due to Covid?

Massive Member

Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    Good point. Do you get reciepts with players? Although that much time has passed forest will probably only get store credit.

Take a point to stop the rot, but they're a poor team away and that final quality would have been enough for 3 points.

Up-Front

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Sinister View Post
    The good news: Colback probably out for weeks!
    Christ has it come to this?

U
    Quote Originally Posted by congo_red View Post
    What difference would we make?
    Sorry for the slow reply. I think my comment was aimed at those who seem to relish giving a negative viewpoint. Far too many of our players seem to go from heroes to zeros in no time at all.

For what its worth, I felt my team played with spirit tonight. We lack a striker but players who have come under the spotlight didnt let us down. Figs worried me this season but he gave a good account against (on paper at least, a good team. Christie had a good game as did Ribs. Worrall played well. I dont think any player let us down. The worst performance? The so-called referee who would have been accused of cheating in virtually any other sport.

Flouncing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    Original Pirate Material

Yer listening to the Streets

Bollox!
    Yates did wreally well.
    You are just a bigot where Yates is concerned.
    A bigot?? Strange terminology for my assessment on his football ability. What did he do really well exactly? He added nothing that another player could do whilst being very limited in his abilities. He slows us down massively and he failed to show for the ball time after time. Hughton was constantly screaming at him for it.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Senior doom Monger

Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    Tonight the Forest team were quicker to play the ball forward, played side and back less and looked far more solid.
    Colback on loan did a great job - he was playing for a contract.
    Now, he has a contract and guess what... we are seeing exactly why Newcastle wanted rid of him.
    Dull, slow and negative.
    It is a shame because somewhere deep inside is a decent footballer with a devcent brain.
    Trouble is he is lacking something: urgency, desire, I don't know, but whatever it is it is making him a limited and expensive luxury.
    So yes, it is good news that he can't play for a while.
    I love my team, but it doesn't blind me to one of the biggest negatives we have seen this season.

G
    Quote Originally Posted by Notcher View Post
    Finally we have a genuine box to box midfielder in Cafu. He has some similar attributes to Sow but the ability to break forward and make intelligent runs. Yates let the game bypass him again and I lost count the amount of times Hughton screamed "angles Yatesy".

A very good solid and encouraging debut from Cafu.

The difference between Cafu and Sow is that the latter would get booked early on and wed be sweating that hed get sent off. I thought Yates did a job tonight. In the past I have criticised him for lacking a role in the side but he has been given a job to do which actually involves him coming in contact with opposition players. Which he does pretty well.

May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1

Yates+Arter > Yates+Colback

Cafu very good. Worrall very good.
    Taylor really wants it, which is good, and Christie looked arsed for once, rather than looking not arsed, which is good.

Ref? Fucking hell.

And for people carping about subs - yes Hughton has a habit of not making many, but ask yourself in all honesty, who would you have taken off tactically? The only bloke who underperformed really was Knockaert, but ask yourself.. would you take him off?

A point against Watford in our current form?
    I'll take that.

By "relegation battle", do you mean 7th, 12th or 14th?

Quote Originally Posted by willojack View Post
    flagman do me a f***ing favour remove me from this forum

Senior doom Monger

A bigot?? Strange terminology for my assessment on his football ability. What did he do really well exactly? He added nothing that another player could do whilst being very limited in his abilities. He slows us down massively and he failed to show for the ball time after time. Hughton was constantly screaming at him for it.

Yates was solid and reliable.
    He was physical and he played a number of passes forward to set up attacks.
    He was competent in front of the defence and had the energy to get forward as well.
    What's not to like about a home-grown talent who gives his all every game?

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
    Do you purposely pick a player that everyone has spent the game praising and then dissect every single tiny thing they did wrong? For what? Is it fun?
    Carlos he was playing number 10 tonight mate can you tell me anything of note that he did? I totally accept he worked hard and showed heart but he also gave the ball away a fair few times as well. Hes not alone and certainly wasnt the worst but perspective is needed. We played really well as a side than but showed absolutely no quality or end product attacking wise tonight. That simply has to improve thats all.

Everyone was praising Guerrero before the Barnsley game prematurely and than against Barnsley he had an absolute stinker. Maybe we should not put players on pedestals before they have done anything or note? Id be happier tonight If wed one nil and he got an assist to all jumped ok his bandwagon.

Senior doom Monger

Quote Originally Posted by Flagman View Post
    Yates+Arter > Yates+Colback

Cafu very good. Worrall very good.
    Taylor really wants it, which is good, and Christie looked arsed for once, rather than looking not arsed, which is good.

Ref? Fucking hell.

And for people carping about subs - yes Hughton has a habit of not making many, but ask yourself in all honesty, who would you have taken off tactically? The only bloke who underperformed really was Knockaert, but ask yourself.. would you take him off?

A point against Watford in our current form?
    I'll take that.
    Simple common sense from the top mod.

Massive Member

Quote Originally Posted by EmmersonForest4 View Post
    Carlos he was playing number 10 tonight mate can you tell me anything of note that he did? I totally accept he worked hard and showed heart but he also gave the ball away a fair few times as well. Hes not alone and certainly wasnt the worst but perspective is needed. We played really well as a side than but showed absolutely no quality or end product attacking wise tonight. That simply has to improve thats all.

Everyone was praising Guerrero before the Barnsley game prematurely and than against Barnsley he had an absolute stinker. Maybe we should not put players on pedestals before they have done anything or note? Id be happier tonight If wed one nil and he got an assist to all jumped ok his bandwagon.
    So you're counting the bad things in anticipation for it to go wrong?? You reckon you're a "football fan"? You should really rethink why you bother. It isn't just me saying these things and I'm yet to see someone agree with your little insights.

You do you Emmo. You seem to enjoy your little echo chamber so I shall leave you in it.

Quote Originally Posted by RRRREDUN View Post
    G

The difference between Cafu and Sow is that the latter would get booked early on and wed be sweating that hed get sent off. I thought Yates did a job tonight. In the past I have criticised him for lacking a role in the side but he has been given a job to do which actually involves him coming in contact with opposition players. Which he does pretty well.
    I agree in that if he is left to simply sit in then you get more of the desired effect of some cover in front of the back 4. However he is very limited and it's telling how because he hasn't had a stinker that becomes a solid game in some people's eyes.

The truth is tonight he did alright in parts but was completely ineffectual for the most part.

Up-Front

The lack of objectivity that goes with most folks appraisal of the player mainly.

I thought Knockaert was great myself. Brilliant at keeping the ball, running across the pitch looking for a pass, other times trying to cut in a cross... perhaps his deliveries could have been better.

Sub wise, it didn’t need changing tactically, it needed fresh legs to keep the press and keep pushing for the goal. Lolley, Knockaert, Arter and even Taylor tired from around 70 minutes. Bringing Ameobi on in the 88th minute with both teams pretty much seeing out a draw was bizarre.

Yates was solid and reliable.
    He was physical and he played a number of passes forward to set up attacks.
    He was competent in front of the defence and had the energy to get forward as well.
    1) He barely went forward at all and opted to go backwards

2) He hardly got forward at all but I'm not getting at him for that as it wasn't his role to do so

3) What's not to like is when that player has very little ability and hampers our fluidity

It's an added bonus if a player is home grown but I don't buy into this bollox where players seem to get a pass for simply being an academy product when ultimately they aren't good enough for what we are trying to achieve.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
    So you're counting the bad things in anticipation for it to go wrong?? You reckon you're a "football fan"? You should really rethink why you bother. It isn't just me saying these things and I'm yet to see someone agree with your little insights.

You do you Emmo. You seem to enjoy your little echo chamber so I shall leave you in it.
    What on earth? That literally make no sense not one word. I had no anticipation of anything tonight I didnt have clue what was going to happen. I think it was clear as day of how poorly we kept the ball and Cafu wasnt the worst but he was up there. We are 21st Carlos and have only won 3 all season and looked unconvicing in nearly every game we play its extremely disingenuous to suggest I am not a fan of football I just havent been giving much to shout about, plus if you read all my comments tonight I praised the general performance and how well we defended.

I just cant say Cafu played well when he was a number 10 and we created so little, he personally gave the ball away a bit and was part of an ineffective attacking unit.

If anyone deserves massive praise tonight its Worrall, Arter and and especially Figgy who came back from an average first half to do some crucial defending for us at times.

I agree in that if he is left to simply sit in then you get more of the desired effect of some cover in front of the back 4. However he is very limited and it's telling how because he hasn't had a stinker that becomes a solid game in some people's eyes.

The truth is tonight he did alright in parts but was completely ineffectual for the most part.

People not judging him as a number 10 tonight, attacking wise he didnt do anything of note. Had an all right game nothing special move on not worth praising to be honest. Figgy deserves praise for what he did second half, the whole attacking unit needs to improve.