23 54.76%
  • Busted Flush

7 16.67%
Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435

Thread: Matchday 13: Bournemouth vs Nottingham Forest

Senior doom Monger

Default Re: Matchday 13: Bournemouth vs Nottingham Forest

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Wolfgang Schnell BSc. PhD. View Post
    I didn't think Bournemouth were as special as some of you were making out. Forest certainly beat better teams last season.

Forest were woeful though.
    Can I just say, Bournemouth played at a training match/friendly pace because they knew they had the beating of us.
    What I would say is is that their defence doesn't look that good playing it out from the back.
    They made mistakes and if we had played a more attacking game, rather than just Taylor chasing them, we could have embarrassed them.
    But we didn't play a high press and as a result their mistakes went unpunished.

Last edited by Captain Sinister; 25-11-20 at 18:17. Reason: because my typing is shite.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

When the teams were announced it was obvious they were better than us but watching the game, the gap between the sides was dishearteningly wide. Technically they were a level above, on top of that they were bigger, quicker and more mobile all over the pitch.

The back four were all poor, especially both full backs. Ribeiro's been so bad for months, I'm actually coming around to the idea of Bong being in the team. The midfield was as shit as ever, we must have signed 15+ CM's since the Greeks took over and none of them could lace the boots of a half fit Chris Cohen. Although, I am hopeful over Arter but playing him as a no.10 seemed to lack any sort of logic. The one midfielder we have with any sort of composure/vision and we play him in a position where he'll struggle to get on the ball.

Ameobi showed glimpses and was probably our MOTM, Lolley was a shadow of himself and Taylor grafted but had little to no service again.

I don't think we're relegation fodder but the baffling summer seems to have extinguished any hope of improving on last season.

The first half was pretty bad. We were pedestrian and lacked movement all around the field.

Second half, given maybe they were a bit more relaxed, we played pretty well. Pressing more, showing more forward movement and desire for the ball. Finishing was awful and, though we crossed the ball, we were careful to put it into space, well away from our players.

If CH can tear himself away from his luvvies and try to balance the team out a bit, I think we can get a few results. But if he insists on playing Arter too far forward, Figs instead of Soh, keeping Guerrero and Knockhaert on the bench and the midfield of Yates and Colback then he's doomed.

Actually I thought Colback played OK a bit further forward in the second half.

It's all about mid-table...

Let's leave this game with the rest of the hundreds of disappointing instantly forgettables of the past.

It seems like months ago to me

We can't even beat the good teams now.

It's all about mid-table...

Quote Originally Posted by gedlingred View Post
    We can't even beat the good teams now.
    As long as we've swapped doing well against the better sides to beating the lesser sides, we should still attain at least 15th.

Up-Front

Missed the initial broadcast, sky plussed it & tried to watch it back twice but fell asleep both times.

First half we never laid a glove on them, second half was better given the extra space we were afforded by a team who looked like they had two extra gears if required. I know we don't necessarily want to replicate Bournemouths approach, but the difference in movement, desire & quality of build up play was palpable.

Still not entirely sure what we're trying to to, made even more cloudy by the chopping & changing in certain positions. Its all a bit slow & predictable.

The only player to get excited about presently is Taylor, with Lolley going off the proverbial cliff, wtf has happened there.

I crave a Colback, Arter, freeman midfield personally. Knockeart & Ameobi out wide. If thats out the question, put Taylor in the advanced midfield role & one of the other strikers up top.

Last edited by MASE; Yesterday at 09:32.