Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435
    Nigel Clough

Default Re: January transfer window

I'd say that we marginally improved the squad during the January window. The question is, is a marginal improvement enough to avoid relegation? Personally I'd say no.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Fall to win any of the next 2 and the shit will get real.

oopsy daisy!

Quote Originally Posted by EmmersonForest4 View Post
    We really needed pace ...
    We got Glenn Murray.

What's the problem?

Senior doom Monger

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    We got Glenn Murray.

What's the problem?
    he said pace, not pacemaker...

Matchday Squad

The next two games are crucial and i belief we need a minimum of four points, i dont think he will start with any of the new recruits this week may come on as subs

It's all about mid-table...

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Sinister View Post
    he said pace, not pacemaker...
    Poor fucker's only 46

First Team

The fact that you played a whole half with Freeman in front of Bong, from what I read, is beyond me. If Lolley is not high in the manager's priorities, you should have got two wingers in this transfer window, one was a given anyway.

I wonder if you tried for any. Today a Greek newspaper claims we tried to get Arsenal's Reiss Nelson on loan on deadline day. I wonder if a question was posed but for another team.

Wally Ardron

I'd be willing to bet we were the Championship club who bid for Cameron Jerome on deadline day

Nigel Clough

Quote Originally Posted by Cortez the Killer View Post
    I have to agree with Alf - if we haven't tried to get Whiteman (we may have, for all I know) then it's criminally bad, and sums up exactly why we continue to plod around the Championship. If we have tried and failed, fair enough. But going by the reports that EM dismissed Brazil's recommendations in favour of someone else's, is worrying.Unless that someone is Chris Hughton, in which case it's all over to him to put to use the tools he has.
    Genuinely what reports are those? I just donít get this obsession with Whiteman. The only link we had was Taylor suggesting he is a player we have scouted. I donít doubt we have scouted numerous players in the lower leagues, doesnít mean we have missed out if we havenít signed them. Besides that, we signed Garner who appears to be in a similar mould. We have to trust that Hughton brought in the man who he wanted. Paul Taylor on this weeks Two Stars podcast, when posed the question if Gary Brazil and Hughton are working a lot closer together on transfers, said that these three have been Hughtonís signings, with little to no influence from anyone else at the club. So make of that what you will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a difference trusting the right man makes

Knockers
    Filip
    Garner
    Murray

SO much better than last Jan, and that's without spending the transfer fees we did last year too. Or being in a playoff position & able to attract better talent.

Thank God the club seems to have woken up at last.

Looking forward to the Summer under Hoots. Won't sign a whole teams worth of shite, just a handful of quality players to get genuinely good

First Team

garner is a loan
    knockaert is a loan
    flip is a loan
    who knows what murray is going to do after this season

unlike sabri who only cares about packing the team with defenders , ch will be looking for the right balance,it definitely won't be easy in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post
    garner is a loan
    knockaert is a loan
    flip is a loan
    who knows what murray is going to do after this season

unlike sabri who only cares about packing the team with defenders , ch will be looking for the right balance,it definitely won't be easy in the summer.
    Marinakis has sold off around 50m worth of academy talent to fund the huge failings of Modesto & Vrentroz. I feel he/they owes us somewhat.

If he wants to grab the best actual opportunity to go up he need to find the money to back Hughton, and without selling our best players like Worrall too.

He's created this shituation. He needs to sort it. If he doesn't, he'll waste having the best opportunity to do a proper rebuild since being here like Brighton did.

One suggestion would be for Oly to buy our shit players for overpriced amounts, to fund us.

Last edited by Alf-engelos Mindminackers; 07-02-21 at 09:03.

It's all about mid-table...

Leave Hewts to it in the summer, no involvement from any fookin suits apart from thee oak n ash.

It's a great opportunity to fashion a promotion side.

WE MUST NOT FUCK THIS CHANCE UP.

Wally Ardron

Having just reread the 20 or so posts above I think a few posters ought to be hanging their heads in shame. A week is a long time in football and the 6 points and signs of progress are positives that now need to be built on. Hopefully some of the loans will either be extended into next year or even made permanent both Garner and Krovinovic are class acts and knockaert is beginning to show what he can do. Onwards and upwards

Grenville Morris

The reality is Garner won't be here next year and Murray is almost certainly won't be, and even if he is, at 38 won't be someone to rely on week in and week out. We might sign Krovinovic and Knockaert but neither will come cheap.

So we'll have a squad of:

GK: Samba, Diallo, Smith
    RB: Jenkinson
    CB: Worrall, McKenna, Figgy, Mbe Soh
    LB: Ribeiro, Bong, Blackett
    CM: Arter, Bachirou, Colback, Yates, Sow
    RM: Lolley, Knockaert?
    AM: Krovinovic?, Jonhson
    LM: Ameobi, Mighten
    ST: Grabban, Taylor, Murray?

And I look at that and think:
    - Lolley probably will go
    - One of Grabban or Taylor will go.
    - Two of Arter, Bachirou and Colback will likely be transfer listed.
    - Blackett needs to go
    - Diallo needs to go
    - We need a new, first choice right back.
    - We need a new, first choice centre midfielder.
    - We need a new, young backup right winger.
    - Might need a new striker.

So 9 out from the current squad (adding in Cafu, Garner and Freeman whose loans will expire and we'll unlikely have again next year) and 4 new players in (not including Murray, Krovinovic and Knockaert, so if we don't get those add their replacements onto the 4).

Last edited by MaxiRobriguez; 12-02-21 at 14:29.
    .k I m
    I m u mm

Up-Front

Id argue we need a new first choice LW. Delivery & consistency will be key next season & theres an argument Ameobi offers neither. Mighten isnt ready to take the reigns either.

Need more Knockeart esque dynamism on that side.

First Team

Gabriel and/or Richardson can cover the Right Back spot. As long as theyíve got Worrall alongside them and not Figgy, they will be fine.

Your palms are holding her neck and thumbs are at her ears regulating the speed of her head as she swallows and then sucks up your machinery. She is topping up your engine oil for the cross-country coming up. Your RPM is hitting a new high. To wait any longer would be to lose prime time... She picks up a Bugatti's momentum. You want her more at a Volkswagen's steady trot. Squeeze the maximum mileage out of your gallon of gas. But she's eating up the road with all cylinders blazing.

Aniruddha Bahal (Bunker 13

Ian Storey-Moore

Cafu signed on perm

Nigel Clough

Default January transfer window

Quote Originally Posted by MaxiRobriguez View Post
    The reality is Garner won't be here next year and Murray is almost certainly won't be, and even if he is, at 38 won't be someone to rely on week in and week out. We might sign Krovinovic and Knockaert but neither will come cheap.

So we'll have a squad of:

GK: Samba, Diallo, Smith
    RB: Jenkinson
    CB: Worrall, McKenna, Figgy, Mbe Soh
    LB: Ribeiro, Bong, Blackett
    CM: Arter, Bachirou, Colback, Yates, Sow
    RM: Lolley, Knockaert?
    AM: Krovinovic?, Jonhson
    LM: Ameobi, Mighten
    ST: Grabban, Taylor, Murray?

And I look at that and think:
    - Lolley probably will go
    - One of Grabban or Taylor will go.
    - Two of Arter, Bachirou and Colback will likely be transfer listed.
    - Blackett needs to go
    - Diallo needs to go
    - We need a new, first choice right back.
    - We need a new, first choice centre midfielder.
    - We need a new, young backup right winger.
    - Might need a new striker.

So 9 out from the current squad (adding in Cafu, Garner and Freeman whose loans will expire and we'll unlikely have again next year) and 4 new players in.
    Cafu is permanent now. Couple of years I think.

I think if Garner does well here thereís every chance we can get him on loan again next season. Krovinovic would probably be a fairly straightforward transfer for all 3 parties involved, couple of million maybe?

Canít see anyone paying what Fulham want for Knockaert or Fulham using him next year, so reckon heíll end up back here for the season for a chunky loan fee.

So Freeman and Christie aside, (and Johnson back) we could start next season with a similar first team to now. Worrall being sold is probably the biggest threat to that.

Personally, Iíd release all the out of contract players (including Sow and Ribeiro sadly), try and get Garner, Krovinovic and Knockaert back then focus on a pair of first-choice full-backs, another central midfielder and a pacey right-footed winger to improve the first team.

Then depending on who we can move out, Iíd be open to replacing Jenkinson, Bong, Blackett, Arter, Bachirou and Carvalho.

The squad is too big by far but we still need two full-backs and a winger at a minimum, not including the 3 good loan players above who need keeping/replacing. Then loads of squad pruning of players on big wages who wonít contribute.

A big job on (again).....

Wally Ardron

Loads out of contact in the Summer

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/nott...nde/verein/703

Grenville Morris

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Pope View Post
    Gabriel and/or Richardson can cover the Right Back spot. As long as they’ve got Worrall alongside them and not Figgy, they will be fine.

It's not cover we need at RB it's a first choice option. If Richardson can step up then fine, but suspect the answer is try to shift Jenkinson, use Richardson as backup, and go to market for first choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_Bristol View Post
    Cafu signed on perm
    Cool, didn't know that.