Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Default Re: January transfer window

Hopefully Hughton will get 5 games with his 14 new players in Jan to win the world series.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Ian Storey-Moore

Matchday Squad

Cancel January.
    Players out please - but none in.
    Stick with what we’ve got & plan for next season.

Ian Storey-Moore

Quote Originally Posted by RedRobbo View Post
    Cancel January.
    I think we’ll know pretty quick in January how much say, if any CH has in recruitment.

Quote Originally Posted by RedRobbo View Post
    Cancel January.
    I think we'd go down.

Don't need a mass overhaul. Just 3-5 key players with key qualities which we're missing (Leadership, pace etc.)

Ian Storey-Moore

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-engelos Mindminackers View Post
    I think we'd go down.

Don't need a mass overhaul. Just 3-5 key players with key qualities which we're missing (Leadership, pace etc.)
    Imagine signing 14 players in summer and still needing to improve the squad, so organised

Ian Storey-Moore

2 good full backs would be good

Quote Originally Posted by derbyshirered View Post
    2 good full backs would be good
    Mental that we've signed Bong, Blackett & Ianwoanou in the last 2 windows, and still don't have a LB cemented in that role.

Nigel Clough

Mental that we've signed Bong, Blackett & Ianwoanou in the last 2 windows, and still don't have a LB cemented in that role.
    Not only that, but none of them have convincingly displaced the left back we already had. Though this could be circumstantial in that Ioannou got sent off and then the bong smashed before the Bournemouth game, which implies they could (either or both) be ahead...

Ale ape.

Almost makes me long for the years when we didn’t have a left-back and had to ask players to fill in there...

Ian Storey-Moore

Chris Cohen was a better left back than the pretenders we currently have.

Nigel Clough

Quote Originally Posted by congo_red View Post
    Almost makes me long for the years when we didn’t have a left-back and had to ask players to fill in there...
    That didn't really happen much though did it? We admittedly went through a few left backs and a fair amount were shit but most of them actually did play that position.

Last time we went up/down we had Rogers, then signed Brennan (and played Rogers further forward) which took us up to the play off season, then we had Robertson (after playing Morgan there for a while), then Tank rejoined the same season and was part of the relegation team, then we had Padula, Lockwood and Bennett, under Billy we had the loans (Shorey, Konchesky, Bertrand) and Joel Lynch, it was really only the season after we had a patch up job (Cohen, Clint Hill, Elokobi, though we still had Lynch), the season after we got Dan Harding, Fox the season after, Pinillos and Jokic under Freedman, Armand Traore, Jack Robinson, then the current ones. Sure some of them were shit but they were all actual left backs.

And that's not forgetting those who also could, Gunter could play either side, Mancienne could play anywhere on the back line, Halford could play anywhere...

Ian Storey-Moore

I’m going to list a speculative list of players I would look to sign over the next transfer Windows if I was in charge, I won’t name the fuckers I’d sell as it would take too long.

Greg Cunningham - Preston
    Alex Mowatt - Barnsley
    Siriki Dembélé - Peterborough
    Jacob Murphy - Newcastle

Recall Johnson for the number 10 role and I wouldn’t be against looking at the Barnsley keeper to see if his wonder game against us was a fluke or he’s actually quality.

Upper Decker

If Alex Mowatt is as good as some on here claim, why is he still stuck at Barnsley?

THE TRUTH IS THERE AND WITH IT I GO TO THE END OF THE WORLD .

Ale ape.

Quote Originally Posted by Statto View Post
    That didn't really happen much though did it?
    More than it should have done. Just because players have played there, doesn’t make the a player that could play there. James Perch, John Curtis, Chris Gunter...had no left foot, and no business being on the left side. Danny Fox, Joel Lynch, Jack Robinson, Julian Bennett...all more suited to be left sided centre backs.
    Cohen, Osborn - midfielders...

Ale ape.

Quote Originally Posted by Haych View Post
    Off the boil to the point of being useless this season. Had a decent, but limited hot streak last season. Has yet to prove he’s anywhere near ready for the next step to me.

Nigel Clough

Quote Originally Posted by Haych View Post
    I’m going to list a speculative list of players I would look to sign over the next transfer Windows if I was in charge, I won’t name the fuckers I’d sell as it would take too long.

Greg Cunningham - Preston
    Alex Mowatt - Barnsley
    Jacob Murphy - Newcastle

Recall Johnson for the number 10 role and I wouldn’t be against looking at the Barnsley keeper to see if his wonder game against us was a fluke or he’s actually quality.
    Cunningham is at Cardiff now but only played 10 times in 2 years so probably available

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nigel Clough

More than it should have done. Just because players have played there, doesn’t make the a player that could play there. James Perch, John Curtis, Chris Gunter...had no left foot, and no business being on the left side. Danny Fox, Joel Lynch, Jack Robinson, Julian Bennett...all more suited to be left sided centre backs.
    Cohen, Osborn - midfielders...
    Fair enough that Lynch, Fox, Robinson and Bennett were basically left sided centre backs who have played both centre back and left back.

Robinson has played either throughout his career. Bennett and Lynch were initially centre backs, but Bennett had long switched to being a left back before we signed him. Fox was definitely a left back everywhere before he came here, it was initially Psycho who played him at CB and switched to it almost fully later.

As for right-footed left backs, some of the finest left backs have been right footed (Denis Irwin is outside and wants a word). Admittedly Curtis and Gunter would be filling in there. Lichaj could do a half-decent job too, though he was a right back.

Ian Storey-Moore

Off the boil to the point of being useless this season. Had a decent, but limited hot streak last season. Has yet to prove he’s anywhere near ready for the next step to me.
    I knew he was good last season and most things Peterborough touch turn to gold which was part of the reason I suggested him.

Quote Originally Posted by RealRed85 View Post
    Cunningham is at Cardiff now but only played 10 times in 2 years so probably available
    Your right, I thought he only left on loan for some reason. I’ve always thought he was pretty solid and should relatively cheap yet reliable until we sorted a long term fix as Yuri has gone off the boil.

First Team

I think we'd go down.

Ah yes, the 3-5 players with quality we needed 6 months ago. And 12 months ago. And 18 months ago. And 24 months ago.

If I didn’t laugh, I’d cry.

Ian Storey-Moore

Maybe what we actually need is a quality head of recruitment

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by MXJ View Post
    Ah yes, the 3-5 players with quality we needed 6 months ago. And 12 months ago. And 18 months ago. And 24 months ago.

Honestly, I don't understand how Marinakis is actually tolerating how our club is being ran at the moment. The amount of players, many sub-par in my humble opinion, that we've signed in the past to then not use bewilders the heck out of me.

Surely this isn't how you run a business, EM?

Massive Member

Quote Originally Posted by I Trust Sabri View Post
    Honestly, I don't understand how Marinakis is actually tolerating how our club is being ran at the moment. The amount of players, many sub-par in my humble opinion, that we've signed in the past to then not use bewilders the heck out of me.

Everyone gets a chance to redeem themselves no matter what is done.

Ian Storey-Moore

Quote Originally Posted by I Trust Sabri View Post

What baffles me is this ventroz guy is great at finance and is making Marinakis some money out of the club. But how much is he actually making? Surely to own our club is for footballing reasons and not financial as there’s a host of other ventures that Marinakis could of put his money into that would of made far more than what Forest is making him

It's all about mid-table...

Quote Originally Posted by MXJ View Post

This.