Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

View Poll Results: Forest V The Hatters!

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Forest WIN! Unbeaten still

23 60.53%
  • Luton WIN! Humbled by the Hatters

3 7.89%
  • The DRAW

9 23.68%
  • Jürgen Köhler

3 7.89%
Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30383940

Thread: MATCHDAY 8: Luton Town v Nottingham Forest (28/10/2020 KO@19.45

Default Re: MATCHDAY 8: Luton Town v Nottingham Forest (28/10/2020 KO@19.45

Quote Originally Posted by BaconSaver View Post
    Thought Lolley looked exhausted, he collapsed to his feet after one run. Wouldn't have been a bad shout bringing Mighten on for his pace but it all worked out well in the end. Has anyone mentioned Ameobi walking the ball out for the corner that lead to their goal?
    I was raging at that

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Ale ape.

Quote Originally Posted by valspoodle View Post
    I'm not a technical sort of guy, but to me we have no creative player to feed the ball forward. If Knockhaert assumes that role we lose a player out wide as an out ball, if he stays out wide Colback and Yates are not going to play attacking forward balls with any consistency.
    I'd say, creativity doesn't have to come from central positions. Knockaert played a lovely through-ball (just the kind of thing we've been lacking) for Taylor from a wide position.

tel - 0898 12 11 74

I'm not a technical sort of guy, but to me we have no creative player to feed the ball forward. If Knockhaert assumes that role we lose a player out wide as an out ball, if he stays out wide Colback and Yates are not going to play attacking forward balls with any consistency.

Thus I feel the balance of the team is all wrong. I know CH is the experienced professional manager, but could it be, like the broken clock, sometimes the fans are right?
    The creative midfielder that a week before Hughton arrived...

No I'm not doing it.

Upper Decker

Quote Originally Posted by congo_red View Post
    I'd say, creativity doesn't have to come from central positions. Knockaert played a lovely through-ball (just the kind of thing we've been lacking) for Taylor from a wide position.
    Aye. Usually the central midfield has a mainly defensive role, with the front 4 as the creative attacking unit. That is usually how most 4231 teams operate.

Stand Firm And Strike Hard

Quote Originally Posted by football post View Post
    It's slowly coming together but we still need to create more chances. There was some lovely one touch passing in midfield, we just need to do that in the final third.
    I loved this post especially the bit about AK = " show pony " . Mee bollocks are sore laughing. He is very much that type of player but a proper grafter.

Can't agree about the full backs though. Some of the Christie decisions when defending had me bamboozled.

Midfield are winning balls in the air now. I was glad to see that having been addressed from the previous couple of matches.

Is it just me who thinks that we are completely idiotic with free kicks at times? So frustrating the way we go through the back of players constantly and give away stupid, needless fouls, in dangerous places on a continual basis

Senior doom Monger

Quote Originally Posted by justnotjase View Post
    Is it just me who thinks that we are completely idiotic with free kicks at times? So frustrating the way we go through the back of players constantly and give away stupid, needless fouls, in dangerous places on a continual basis
    ...and why place a hand on the opponent's back?
    As soon as the opponent feels that touch he will fling himself to the ground.
    Such fouls show a lack of professional understanding of the modern game on the part of players.

Didn't think it was a red card. Studs hit ball first and despite the Luton player writhing like mad, he was barely brushed by our player's leg (if at all). The Sky pundits rushed to agree with the ref but didn't analyse the incident at all.

I felt that Colback is getting back to his effective best, Never afraid to go in where it hurts, bravely challenging larger players in the air (and winning a fair few), chasing players down. Getting fitter.

Lolley is being questioned on here. He is getting back to fitness as well. Being asked to play in a slightly different way. Will take a little time to suss it out.

It's early days for the new manager. And to answer a musing from a previous poster; no, it's rare for a fan to know better than the managers, coaches etc, especially managers with a pedigree like ours!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Sinister View Post
    ...and why place a hand on the opponent's back?
    As soon as the opponent feels that touch he will fling himself to the ground.
    Such fouls show a lack of professional understanding of the modern game on the part of players.
    You don't push the man; you grip him round the throat so that he stays on his feet. (from Manchester United Training Manual).

Sage

Quote Originally Posted by RRRREDUN View Post
    Didn't think it was a red card. Studs hit ball first and despite the Luton player writhing like mad, he was barely brushed by our player's leg (if at all). The Sky pundits rushed to agree with the ref but didn't analyse the incident at all.

I felt that Colback is getting back to his effective best, Never afraid to go in where it hurts, bravely challenging larger players in the air (and winning a fair few), chasing players down. Getting fitter.

Lolley is being questioned on here. He is getting back to fitness as well. Being asked to play in a slightly different way. Will take a little time to suss it out.

It's early days for the new manager. And to answer a musing from a previous poster; no, it's rare for a fan to know better than the managers, coaches etc, especially managers with a pedigree like ours!
    Thats the problem nowadays is they have taken out the fact that something can be accidental. Ioannu's studs if he didnt ricochet off the ball were going to be nowhere near the player. He got very unlucky so the question is are players not allowed to lunge forward now in case they accidentally show studs?

Its like Digne on the weekend, do players have to be careful where they run in the future in case you accidentally rake someone?

Football is lightyears behind rugby in terms of respect, technicalities of the law and consistency. If this was Rugby at the start of the season they will tell you to change technique otherwise you run the gaunlet of a red.

Players know beforehand whats allowed and whats not allowed. Also I think if intent wasnt there and you brush past a leg then you shouldnt be sent off as well. The problem in the Championship though is a lack of VAR that means Refs cant have multiple views at a challenge. Players actions means although people dont like VAR means we need it. Players in general are cheats, pansies and hypocrites you need VAR in that sort of an atmosphere.

Just look at Forest players yesterday trying to get the Luton player sent off when it was nowhere near a red and if that was given a red against Forest our players would be rightly mad.

Football players have no respect for the rules or others. They act like spoilt children on the pitch which again is why we need VAR.

I'd just like to add I watched the full game replayed here last night.

I certainly don't think we were playing shit as some on here have said. Even first half. Unless it was the 10 minutes I missed when Iannou saw red.

The passing game is markedly improved and the guys looked visibly more comfortable - even Figgy on occasion!

Ok our finishing still leaves something to work on, but we don't appear scared to try now. I could also see why CH wouldn't want to upset the flow with a sub.

This team has some substance at last - or is it that we just play better with 10 ?

It's all about mid-table...

I want to see and believe we're improving but want to see it against better sides than Luton.

Thus I feel the balance of the team is all wrong. I know CH is the experienced professional manager, but could it be, like the broken clock, sometimes the fans are right?
    It'll take a lot of bollocks but...

A midfield three of Freeman, Knockheart and one of Yates/Arter/Colback might see us more dominant in the middle. Lolley and Ameobi out wide...

This ACM/DCM is a load of bollocks. Track back and battle for it when we don't have it and move it forward, quickly, when we do. I know Yates has pushed forward in recent games but we don't need two players guarding the back 5. If so, that's 7 players defending. 4 attacking... by it's nature b we're inviting the opposition to have 7 attackers! Perhaps CH has seen this and, in time, will make changes.

Sent from my SM-A107F using Tapatalk

Ale ape.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Redreason View Post
    This ACM/DCM is a load of bollocks.
    It’s nice to know that the majority of football managers, and it is a majority, who currently use those specific roles, have absolutely no idea what they are doing.

Perhaps it’s time for a radical tactical approach.

We try to give the opposition a goal so that we can begin to play.

Opposing managers then instruct their teams not to score against us in case it wakes us up.

This will result in a run of draws.

Hang on. We seem to be doing this already.

Quote Originally Posted by Raymondo Ponte' View Post
    I want to see and believe we're improving but want to see it against better sides than Luton.
    Your wish will be granted by the end of November when we play Bournemouth,Swansea,Watford,Reading,Norwich and Brentford all in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Redreason View Post
    It'll take a lot of bollocks but...

A midfield three of Freeman, Knockheart and one of Yates/Arter/Colback might see us more dominant in the middle. Lolley and Ameobi out wide...

This ACM/DCM is a load of bollocks. Track back and battle for it when we don't have it and move it forward, quickly, when we do. I know Yates has pushed forward in recent games but we don't need two players guarding the back 5. If so, that's 7 players defending. 4 attacking... by it's nature b we're inviting the opposition to have 7 attackers! Perhaps CH has seen this and, in time, will make changes.

Sent from my SM-A107F using Tapatalk
    Totally agree

It’s all bollock forum talk. People have certain roles yea

Why the fuck is Yates the one putting the Luton player under pressure for him to score an own? Yates shouldn’t be anywhere near there goal line he’s a DCM!!!

He should be back covering for the counter surely

Fuck off

When we played 2-3-5 formation way in the past, it actually finished up 3-4-3 with the half backs taking up the shield in front of the full backs and the centre half. The inside forwards dropped back as attacking midfielders, leaving the wingers and centre forward up the field.

It seems a much better formation than locking 4 players in defence and putting one of your midfielders to guard those four because two of your midfielders are actually your wingers so you automatically leave the midfield rather thin. It requires most of the players to run an extra mile just to regain their position, wasting energy just to keep the sacred formation in shape.

I think it's no surprise that teams who bustle about with high energy are quite successful in this league because the present system requires high energy just to keep up. For instance one minute the full back is required to be right up the field in attack, then, moments later, back on his goal line clearing the ball. Only a few players can genuinely successfully play that style.

Quote Originally Posted by Raymondo Ponte' View Post
    Most sides are better than us at the moment

It's all about mid-table...

Quote Originally Posted by Ryde Red View Post
    Most sides are better than us at the moment
    I know pal, I want to see us tested against a better side but I know what you're implying, there isn't much in this league.

It's shite.