10 20.41%
  • AWAY WIN - Hughton happy

24 48.98%
  • THE DRAW

11 22.45%
  • Ten thousand holes

4 8.16%
Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: MATCHDAY 5: Blackburn Rovers v Nottingham Forest (17/10/2020 Kick off 3.00pm)

Default Re: MATCHDAY 5: Blackburn Rovers v Nottingham Forest (17/10/2020 Kick off 3.00pm)

Just so happy we got the win especially away at Blackburn, always been a bogey side to us up there.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: MATCHDAY 5: Blackburn Rovers v Nottingham Forest (17/10/2020 Kick off 3.00pm)

Quote Originally Posted by Raymondo Ponte' View Post
    Did ya ev any gravy we it Bopper??
    All the trimmings Raymondo

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I didn't catch the game, but delighted with the result. That will have done the world of good.

We've got two home games coming up next week, Rotherham and Derby. 6 points from those and we'll be back in the mix.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Massive Member

Quote Originally Posted by Project Zeus View Post
    I didn't catch the game, but delighted with the result. That will have done the world of good.

We've got two home games coming up next week, Rotherham and Derby. 6 points from those and we'll be back in the mix.

You missed a great talking point in Yate's penis.

(Not Eddie's, although that is a talking point for the opposite reason)

A great win & a solid performance. Our attacking play looked rusty for the first hour, we got in some good positions but too often wasted them with a poorly placed pass or a bad touch. The rest of the performance was quite impressive though, especially considering the run of form both teams had been on & with it being CH's first game.

The midfield weren't spectacular but I always felt they had the edge on Blackburn and when Arter came on, we looked a cut above. Yates did his usual job, put himself about, won his battles & kept hitting the box. Colback looks slowly to be getting up to speed and Freeman had a hand in most good moments. If we can get him on the ball more, he'll win us games. Arter was excellent, got up to the speed of the game straight away and immediately got us playing with more fluency.

Ignoring Figs' attempts to bring the ball out of defence, I thought the back four were excellent. As a unit, they just look solid - I doubt there are many full back pairs as strapping as Ioannou/Christie, whereas McKenna (my MOM) was totally dominant & won everything.

The front 3 were a mixed bag, Ameobi & Lolley were good one moment and bad the next, Grabban looked sharp early on before he descended into a bit of a rut. Taylor was good off the bench & immediately gave Blackburn's CB's something to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Because in the tunnel pre game the camera panned to Yates bollock region and his cock looked like Linford Christie's at the 92 Olympics

Sent from my SM-J415FN using Tapatalk
    What's to say he wasn't padding it out like the cricket players do... lol

Maybe I'm getting old but he seems a bit young to be talking about this. But he's a big lad.

Massive Member

Quote Originally Posted by Statto View Post
    What's to say he wasn't padding it out like the cricket players do... lol

Maybe I'm getting old but he seems a bit young to be talking about this. But he's a big lad.
    If I had a massive Wanger (which of course I do) and people on the internet were bigging me up about it in my early 20s I'd be well happy.

The Foam Hand

Quote Originally Posted by Project Zeus View Post

Yeah but Yates. I’d have taken another loss today as long as Yates wasn’t in the starting lineup. Then blamed him afterwards anyway.
    If it wasn’t for Yates we’d be top of the league now. Yates is responsible for the rise in Covid cases in Nottingham as well, and global warming.
    Everything is his fault, basically.

Massive Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post
    Yeah but Yates. I’d have taken another loss today as long as Yates wasn’t in the starting lineup. Then blamed him afterwards anyway.
    If it wasn’t for Yates we’d be top of the league now. Yates is responsible for the rise in Covid cases in Nottingham as well, and global warming.
    I wondered who was at fault for my milk going off way before it's BBE date today.

That Yates is a right bastard.

My mate was sick on me in a Yates' once.

Hanging's too good for 'em!

There’s no coincide that successive managers pick Yates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Lincs_Red View Post
    There’s no coincide that successive managers pick Yates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah, they are clearly envious that they weren't like Jake the Peg with their trouser snake at the age of 13 3/4 (or even 22)...

Massive Member

Yeah, they are clearly envious that they weren't like Jake the Peg with their trouser snake at the age of 13 3/4 (or even 22)...
    What does a 13 year old have to do with this?

I think it's telling that Yates was so much better when Colback went off. It meant he had clear role as the main DM and he did it well. Whereas if you pair Yates with Colback (as with Watson last season), he's kind of a spare wheel.
    It's one for CH to ponder -- either make Yates the DM or don't start him??

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
    What does a 13 year old have to do with this?
    Adrian Mole reference...

Massive Member

Adrian Mole reference...
    Ah that one went straight over my head.

The Foam Hand

Adrian Mole reference...
    Profoundly in love with Pandora.

Time for another Match thread Mase.

The Foam Hand

Quote Originally Posted by rockabilly View Post
    Time for another Match thread Mase.
    You’re loving it aren’t you Rocka, the first win since God was a lad and Shep was a pup...

Massive Member

You’re loving it aren’t you Rocka, the first win since God was a lad and Shep was a pup...
    And ships were made of wood

The Foam Hand

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
    And ships were made of wood
    And the world was flat.

Massive Member

And the world was flat.
    And feeding the family car carrots.

Good times.

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-engelos Mindminackers View Post
    You constantly made excuses for him last year, citing his injury as the reason he wasn't showing his brilliance in this league, as part of your "recruitment has been awesome, how dare you say they've only been average Alf" drive.
    What are you banging on about?

All that I did was inform you that Bachirou has a hamstring injury.

Aye, and a pair of Val's old knickers held together with sticky backed plastic. Oh yes Bryn, feels so good.

So is Figgy meant to be good again now? I lose track with you lot. I need guidance on who to swear at and you don't make it easy.

Also, whoever said "lucky general" about 120 posts earlier; you are bang on. If he starts Arter next time out them he can take a bit more credit.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk