Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

View Poll Results: Chris Hughton - what do you think?

Voters
111. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES! Great appointment!

100 90.09%
  • NO! Not good enough for NFFC!

2 1.80%
  • Rather would have had someone else (I’ll tell you in the comments)

2 1.80%
  • Onions

7 6.31%
Page 114 of 145 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124 ... LastLast
Results 2,826 to 2,850 of 3624

Thread: Christopher William Gerard Hughton is the new Manager!

Default Re: Christopher William Gerard Hughton is the new Manager!

Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    He's confirmed that he has the ultimate say on all transfers, so it won't be an issue.

I just hope that fans get fully behind his choices.
    If that is genuinely the case this time mate, I fancy us to get back on track big time.

I think Hughton's a text book manager, and a bit slow on the uptake. But I also see what he's trying to do in terms of building a solid, together, core side. And I think that's absolutely massive, and works way more than it fails. He's got a method, and it does work. He's aso very calm, collected & has a solid persona, who's stability & focus would be great to see flow through the club.

His statements about more out than in are encouraging, and if our top brass recognize he knows way more than them about this league then we'll be back in the top 8 next season

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

It's all about mid-table...

We'll be in the top ONE Alf.

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-engelos Mindminackers View Post
    If that is genuinely the case this time mate, I fancy us to get back on track big time.

I think Hughton's a text book manager, and a bit slow on the uptake. But I also see what he's trying to do in terms of building a solid, together, core side. And I think that's absolutely massive, and works way more than it fails. He's got a method, and it does work. He's aso very calm, collected & has a solid persona, who's stability & focus would be great to see flow through the club.

His statements about more out than in are encouraging, and if our top brass recognize he knows way more than them about this league then we'll be back in the top 8 next season
    He knows way more about this league than probably everyone but colin out of the current managers. And there is nothing wrong with being method-based, we all talk about O'Driscoll like the 2nd coming sometimes, you have to give these guys time to get their methods working and it will eventually happen.

With Hughton you don't usually look at the first season, he hasn't really had that impact anywhere, Brighton is the obvious example, but don't forget at Newcastle he was already on the coaching staff under Kinnear (and I think Keegan as well) so knew the players and probably had an influence in the system already, as well as having some spells in charge of the team when Kinnear was ill and before they brought Shearer in to take them down, it wasn't a new appointment for him to take charge that season.

I can really see us moving up the table now with players performing well

Cafu
    Sow
    Yates
    Worrall
    McKenna
    Samba

Will all be instrumental in our push up the table towards victory

If we win the next 3 games I can’t see anyone combing in

Quote Originally Posted by Forest ash View Post
    I think Hughton will always be looking to improve the side. There's no reason why at least 1 of Whiteman, Mowatt or the likes of Browne aren't realistic.

I hope we at least get 1-2 quality signings, just to get a head start on next year.

Forever, My Lady

If not I can see things getting hairy

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    If not I can see things getting hairy
    We shouldn't brush those fixtures aside.

I think Hughton will always be looking to improve the side. There's no reason why at least 1 of Whiteman, Mowatt or the likes of Browne aren't realistic.

I hope we at least get 1-2 quality signings, just to get a head start on next year.
    Yea in the summer. Id rather there not rushed signings in this window

I hope we get someone in, else we’ll be a bit toothless and will be parting with another manager - leaving Hughton’s favourites as fringe players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your palms are holding her neck and thumbs are at her ears regulating the speed of her head as she swallows and then sucks up your machinery. She is topping up your engine oil for the cross-country coming up. Your RPM is hitting a new high. To wait any longer would be to lose prime time... She picks up a Bugatti's momentum. You want her more at a Volkswagen's steady trot. Squeeze the maximum mileage out of your gallon of gas. But she's eating up the road with all cylinders blazing.

Aniruddha Bahal (Bunker 13

Forever, My Lady

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Pope View Post
    I hope we get someone in, else we’ll be a bit toothless and will be parting with another manager - leaving Hughton’s favourites as fringe players.
    We'd better not part with Hughton or there'll be hell toupée

Yea in the summer. Id rather there not rushed signings in this window
    No reason we can't sign them now too though. Esp those out of contract in the summer.

We've still got to stay up. Past few games have been a boost, but an injection of quality to assure us staying up would not only set next year up nicely, but also hopefully get us further up the table, so that we're buying players in the Summer as a mid-table side looking to push on. Not one who escaped relegation.

That way it'll hopefully help us attract better too.

When you talk to fans of other clubs, even Premier League clubs, they're all telling me we'll be up there next season as we're looking solid again and have the right manager in place.

And this current run of form is showing that he's finally getting things to click inside the club.

It was never going to be easy for him to turn around that horrendous start to the season, but fair play to him for laying his foundations.

Baby steps and then I think we're looking at a major promotion push next season based on all the hard work he is putting in this season with the players.

Forever, My Lady

Rome wasn't built in a day, but the foundations are being laid

Just need to climb away from the bottom three now to avoid any brown trousers come the end of the season

But Hughton is 100% the man for this job

Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy22 View Post
    It was never going to be easy for him to turn around that horrendous start to the season, but fair play to him for laying his foundations.
    I haven't seen many of your matches this season. In some of the early ones (under Lamouchi and the first ones under Hughton), I had the distinct impression that there was a problem of match fitness. In the last couple of games I watched, I think this problem has been addressed.

If I'm not wrong, perhaps Hughton's rather slow road to better performances was due to his need to train the team better at the basic athletic level.

The Chris Hughton Rolling Scorecard:

Forest 3-1 Millwall

Very Good. Job done. Nothing to see here.

CH cards a birdie to move to +1 on the rolling scorecard.

Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post
    I haven't seen many of your matches this season. In some of the early ones (under Lamouchi and the first ones under Hughton), I had the distinct impression that there was a problem of match fitness. In the last couple of games I watched, I think this problem has been addressed.

If I'm not wrong, perhaps Hughton's rather slow road to better performances was due to his need to train the team better at the basic athletic level.
    Fitness may have been a part in it but I don't think it tells the whole story.

The team was most certainly shell-shocked and lacking in confidence from the disastrous collapse last season.

Even under Hughton early on, there were a lot of players looking at each other helplessly and looking sorry for themselves. Moping around the pitch during the game and after it.

I'm seeing much better body language these days and sharpness in possession, which is hugely encouraging.

Last edited by BryanRoy22; 17-01-21 at 17:36.

Impressive member

For all those saying the club has 'turned a corner' with Houghton, I won't accept it until Carlos admits that he wants the manager to stay and he believes he's the best man for the job. Anything else is a false dawn.

Sent from my SM-A920F using Tapatalk

Massive Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cortez the Killer View Post
    For all those saying the club has 'turned a corner' with Houghton, I won't accept it until Carlos admits that he wants the manager to stay and he believes he's the best man for the job. Anything else is a false dawn.

Houghton? Has Hughton been sacked? :Bottles:

Last edited by Carlos; 17-01-21 at 18:24.

Red til I'm dead

Fitness was a massive problem start of this season for me.

End of last year a lot of our players looked fucked physically, then we came back too late and looked really rusty and lacking sharpness.

Add to that the likes of Taylor, Freeman hadn’t played much football for a long while and people like Arter looked leggy and lacking a pre-season.

Coventry started pre-season a good 2 weeks before us and looked much sharper than most in the early games. If we’d done the same, Lamouchi might still be in a job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't really think it has anything to do with that at all.

I think he was just assessing what he had to work with. Realising that some of them just thought that they needed to turn up and pick up their wages. I think it was a case of getting over to them that ''If they don't apply themselves and work hard and do what he tells them to do and to stop making the continual mistakes they were making '' that they wouldn't be in the side and he didn't want them around.

Once he got that point across and they knew he meant what he says - Thats when thing start to click into place.

I am not getting carried away with a couple of decent results. The Squad still needs a major Overhaul if it wants to compete for Promotion. Yes what he has got are well good enough to avoid Relegation; however, this Squad id nowhere near good enough to Challenge for a place in the PL.

Quote Originally Posted by Cortez the Killer View Post

Nah - Don't worry about Carlos.

We will just drag him kicking and screaming to Promotion with the rest of us next year

Upper Decker

The difference between a team playing with belief and confidence and a team who are mentally shot to pieces can look like a difference in fitness levels.

Stand Firm And Strike Hard

Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    The difference between a team playing with belief and confidence and a team who are mentally shot to pieces can look like a difference in fitness levels.
    Yeah I'm not convinced it was fitness either. Certainly was toward the tail end of last season, but at the start of this season we were conceding sloppy goals in the first half, sometimes as early as five minutes in, and then the second half petered out. That's not fitness, that's a lack of confidence.

.k I m
    I m u mm

It's all about mid-table...

Hewts knows what limited players he as at his disposal now, he'll know how to get results with them.

The corner has been turned.

Unless we lose Wednesday, then he's the biggest **** walking