Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Undr the cosh

Default Undr the cosh

A great podcast series I'd thoroughly recommend. Forest come up regularly and quite a few guests such a Big Norm, Paul McKenna, Andy Johnson and Kevin Cambell to watch.

I thought I'd drop a thread for it as the players are from the recent past and these lads always seem to get better stories from their guests.

This one features Danny Collins and he has a few interesting things to say re Fawaz, Billy Davies and Stuart Pearce.

Skip to around 1hr 28mins if you just want the Forest bits.

https://youtu.be/7YT3OUvo9EU

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Last edited by Notcher; 01-10-20 at 23:49.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Undr the cosh

Fawaz texting Davies what team to play, brilliant.

Nothing new really, other than the bit about Pearce shithousing Collins, but then again I'm not shocked, as there are a lot of managers who do shit like that. I remember a story where Nigel Pearson told a physio he thought one of the lads was faking injury. Said player went to have it out with him in his office and Pearson shit himself.

Red til I'm dead

Quote Originally Posted by GandalfTheRed View Post
    Nothing new really, other than the bit about Pearce shithousing Collins, but then again I'm not shocked, as there are a lot of managers who do shit like that. I remember a story where Nigel Pearson told a physio he thought one of the lads was faking injury. Said player went to have it out with him in his office and Pearson shit himself.
    Yeah you read that a lot about managers doing shit behind players backs. Bit strange really. Collins seems like the kind of bloke who would’ve taken it on the chin if Pearce had told him “you’re not for me mate”.

Which is what I would’ve told him on day one if I were Psycho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The biggest gripe players have is when managers don't have the bollocks to tell them "you're not for me".

It's shithousery for the gaffer not to just tell a player that he doesn't fancy them. Most players respect it and it gives them the chance to go and play football.

Sage

Peace is a shit manager though, top bloke and I love him but as a manager no way for me.

Davies comes off really good there as well. I love how Davies said I’m picking the team and he can sack me if he wants. That’s leadership and I’m sorry dysfunctional as he undoubtedly was we wouldn’t have spent 4 dreadful years till we got to Karanka if Davies had stayed under fawaz.

Ancient history now though and as ever the world showing everyone that idealism and utopia dosen’t exist. The quotes unfairly “poisonous dwarf” a far better footy manager than the absolute ledge Pearce who I love.

Quote Originally Posted by EmmersonForest4 View Post
    Peace is a shit manager though, top bloke and I love him but as a manager no way for me.

Davies comes off really good there as well. I love how Davies said I’m picking the team and he can sack me if he wants. That’s leadership and I’m sorry dysfunctional as he undoubtedly was we wouldn’t have spent 4 dreadful years till we got to Karanka if Davies had stayed under fawaz.

Ancient history now though and as ever the world showing everyone that idealism and utopia dosen’t exist. The quotes unfairly “poisonous dwarf” a far better footy manager than the absolute ledge Pearce who I love.
    We all wish it was the other way around but as you said the facts are Davies is a better manager than Pearce.

Davies does come off quite well there. Off the back of that, it does make me wonder if part of the media blackout was actually him digging his heels in because Fawaz was constantly trying to get his mug in the press, maybe Davies said fuck that and shut them all out??

Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Notcher View Post
    We all wish it was the other way around but as you said the facts are Davies is a better manager than Pearce.

Davies does come off quite well there. Off the back of that, it does make me wonder if part of the media blackout was actually him digging his heels in because Fawaz was constantly trying to get his mug in the press, maybe Davies said fuck that and shut them all out??

Yes that could be the case!! Me personally I just think he had an old fashioned vendetta against some journalists and had a kiddy spat. However still a ruddy good manager. Typical Forest though rather have good guys and lose them moan about losing afterwards.

Red til I'm dead

Quote Originally Posted by EmmersonForest4 View Post

See I just listened to Collins tell that story and thought, “Davies angling for another payoff again like he did at Derby and Forest the first time”. He would’ve loved to bait Fawaz into sacking him.

Ultimately he got what he wanted. The bloke likes money, not managing a football team. That’s why he’s not managed anyone bar us since 2007.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Notcher View Post
    A great podcast series I'd thoroughly recommend. Forest come up regularly and quite a few guests such a Big Norm, Paul McKenna, Andy Johnson and Kevin Cambell to watch.

I thought I'd drop a thread for it as the players are from the recent past and these lads always seem to get better stories from their guests.

This one features Danny Collins and he has a few interesting things to say re Fawaz, Billy Davies and Stuart Pearce.

Skip to around 1hr 28mins if you just want the Forest bits.

https://youtu.be/7YT3OUvo9EU

I pissed myself at the Andy Johnson podcast - what a character.

Confirms that Fazza bought in Djabbour & Abdoun too. What a fucking clown.

It's all about mid-table...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCfrS-lpn-A

Don't bother they're here...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-engelos Mindminackers View Post
    Confirms that Fazza bought in Djabbour & Abdoun too. What a fucking clown.
    Ably assisted by our current Chairman.

Not sure who the clown is. It's a choice of two. Unfortunately, one of them is still pulling the reins at Forest to this day.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryde Red View Post
    I thought he just seemed like a bit of a dick.

Quote Originally Posted by DapperDan View Post
    I thought he just seemed like a bit of a dick.
    He seemed like he'd never grown up.

Where's me hammer?

Johnson reminded me of someone telling a shit joke that they think is really funny

Sent from my SM-J415FN using Tapatalk

Up-Front

Quote Originally Posted by Ryde Red View Post
    Much like when someones described as "full of life", you can usually roughly translate that into "a fucking dickhead"

Quote Originally Posted by Zander View Post
    Ably assisted by our current Chairman.

Not sure who the clown is. It's a choice of two. Unfortunately, one of them is still pulling the reins at Forest to this day.
    Is that remotely true?

Isn't Randall Chairman anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Berkshire Red View Post
    Is that remotely true?

Isn't Randall Chairman anyway?
    I’m assuming he meant Marinakis

Quote Originally Posted by Haych View Post
    I’m assuming he meant Marinakis
    And I don't believe Marinakis was in the frame when the two Algerians were signed, was he?

And I don't believe Marinakis was in the frame when the two Algerians were signed, was he?
    Did both players come from Oly? That’s all I can think of for a potential link

Quote Originally Posted by Haych View Post
    Did both players come from Oly? That’s all I can think of for a potential link
    They did, but surely Fawaz wasn't working with Marinakis then?

Banned

They did, but surely Fawaz wasn't working with Marinakis then?

Marinakis had already tried to buy the club by then.

Of course he had his fingers in the pie.

It's no coincidence that we have players moving backwards and forwards between the two clubs now, why should it be different then?

Quote Originally Posted by Zander View Post

Marinakis had already tried to buy the club by then.

Of course he had his fingers in the pie.

It's no coincidence that we have players moving backwards and forwards between the two clubs now, why should it be different then?
    Marinakis had tried to buy Forest in 2013? Really? That's news to a lot of people. Including Marinakis and Fawaz.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post
    Marinakis had tried to buy Forest in 2013? Really? That's news to a lot of people. Including Marinakis and Fawaz.
    So you can't categorically deny it? You know, with factual evidence.

No different to my allegation then.

I reckon Marinakis was sniffing around Forest for several years prior to buying the club having identified that Fawaz was inept and out of his depth.

I'll concede that "tried to buy" the club might be disingenuous, but it's not inconceivable that he was already making plans for his takeover.

Don't you think it's odd that we had never signed any players from the Greek league before, while now players move between the two clubs on a regular basis. You don't think there's a connection there?