Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Undr the cosh

Default Re: Undr the cosh

Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post
    Marinakis had tried to buy Forest in 2013? Really? That's news to a lot of people. Including Marinakis and Fawaz.
    Because it's complete bollocks GBG.

Last edited by Otis Redd'un; 06-10-20 at 16:05.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Zander View Post
    So you can't categorically deny it? You know, with factual evidence.
    Attempting to prove a negative (argumentum ad ignorantiam) is one of the most common logical fallacies. So I'll try not to fall into the trap.

I'll grant you that, though: When EM sold Abdoun and Djebbour, and saw how Fawaza runs things, he may well have thought "Jesus, if I ever wish to buy a club in the UK, this one is surely going to go bust soon, and will be there for the taking." This, I admit, may have been a thought that crossed his mind.

Red til I'm dead

Attempting to prove a negative (argumentum ad ignorantiam) is one of the most common logical fallacies. So I'll try not to fall into the trap.

I'll grant you that, though: When EM sold Abdoun and Djebbour, and saw how Fawaza runs things, he may well have thought "Jesus, if I ever wish to buy a club in the UK, this one is surely going to go bust soon, and will be there for the taking." This, I admit, may have been a thought that crossed his mind.
    This is far more likely the origin of EMís interest in buying Forest in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RealRed85 View Post
    This is far more likely the origin of EMís interest in buying Forest in my opinion.

A rich investor sends an employee to assess the cheapest way to own a secure premier league club; acquiring and promoting a sleeping giant will be in his report.

Forest will have been on their shortlist for years, and the lists of many other people.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RealRed85 View Post
    This is far more likely the origin of EM’s interest in buying Forest in my opinion.

Is that a bad thing?

Red til I'm dead

Quote Originally Posted by Harry1982 View Post
    Is that a bad thing?
    No not at all. I would have taken almost anyone over Fawaz at that point

Red til I'm dead

Quote Originally Posted by dr_horse View Post
    A rich investor sends an employee to assess the cheapest way to own a secure premier league club; acquiring and promoting a sleeping giant will be in his report.

Forest will have been on their shortlist for years, and the lists of many other people.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    Possibly so, but when owd silly bollocks Fawaz walks in throwing his dadís money around for shit like Djebbour and Abdoun, Marinakis mustíve thought thereís a chance Forest will be for sale soon.

Or, maybe it came up in conversation and once Fawaz wanted out, he went through his phone contacts to see if he wanted to buy?

Here, there & anywhere that will have me..

Would Fawaz & EM possibly have already known each other prior to Fawaz taking over at Forest?

Perhaps Fawaz looked through his contacts to get players for Forest & already had EM on speed dial?

The beast is stirring yet again!! :devil:

it has nothing to do with football or NFFC

Massive Member

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Pope View Post
    Would Fawaz & EM possibly have already known each other prior to Fawaz taking over at Forest?

Perhaps Fawaz looked through his contacts to get players for Forest & already had EM on speed dial?
    I may be wrong but I recall remembering that they studied in england together.

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Pope View Post

Yes. Fawaz even said in an interview that his good friend Marinakis might help with investment. This was not early doors but soon into his ownership.

The last while. The signings from Olympiakos. The Portuguese Director of Football. Montanier. Pajtim Kasami. Portuguese players on loan from Benfica. That has a similar pattern.

Red til I'm dead

Maybe EM was concerned about the fit and proper personís test so Fawaz was the stooge in the mean time

Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy View Post
    Yes. Fawaz even said in an interview that his good friend Marinakis might help with investment. This was not early doors but soon into his ownership.

The last while. The signings from Olympiakos. The Portuguese Director of Football. Montanier. Pajtim Kasami. Portuguese players on loan from Benfica. That has a similar pattern.
    All that is in 2016, with the exception of Fawaz's claim that EM could invest (do you remember the date?). It's no secret that EM wanted to buy the club in 2016; you even have a thread on him dated to March 2016.

All that is in 2016, with the exception of Fawaz's claim that EM could invest (do you remember the date?). It's no secret that EM wanted to buy the club in 2016; you even have a thread on him dated to March 2016.
    This interview was definitely well before then. I'm trying to find it but I can't remember if it was a verbal interview which I seem to remember it was.

This has nothing to do with actually buying the club in 2016. I seem to vaguely remember what Carlos mentions above too where Fawaz stated they met/studied & became friends in London.

Last edited by BryanRoy; 07-10-20 at 15:52.