Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 169

Thread: Carlos Miguel Ribeiro Dias - Cafú

      
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    11,564

    Default Carlos Miguel Ribeiro Dias - Cafú

    Looks like he's coming to us from Olympiacos in a swap deal for Tiago Silva.

    Source: https://www.to10.gr/podosfero/superl...kuybA4.twitter

    6'1, 27 year old, Portuguese Centre Midfielder.


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many

  3. #2
    Massive Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    On Tour
    Posts
    19,626

    Default Re: Carlos Miguel Ribeiro Dias - Cafú

    This won't end well. I would have given the poor bloke at least 24 hours before starting his thread


  4. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,037

    Default Re: Carlos Miguel Ribeiro Dias - Cafú

    More chance of actual Cafu


  5. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    5,338

    Default Re: Carlos Miguel Ribeiro Dias - Cafú

    Without wanting to sound pessimistic, I can't help but get the feeling that he's nailed on for the bomb squad. I'd rather we didn't bother, regardless of what happens with Silva.


  6. #5
    Massive Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    On Tour
    Posts
    19,626

    Default Re: Carlos Miguel Ribeiro Dias - Cafú

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
    Without wanting to sound pessimistic, I can't help but get the feeling that he's nailed on for the bomb squad. I'd rather we didn't bother, regardless of what happens with Silva.
    I'm sure EM is doing this deal with financial interests firmly at the forefront of his mind. In which case does it really matter if he's in the bomb squad and the finances look better?


  7. #6

    Default Re: Carlos Miguel Ribeiro Dias - Cafú

    Sounds like a mesh of LTLF posters & Forest players all into one.

    God help us.


  8. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    11,564

    Default Re: Carlos Miguel Ribeiro Dias - Cafú

    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
    I'm sure EM is doing this deal with financial interests firmly at the forefront of his mind. In which case does it really matter if he's in the bomb squad and the finances look better?
    Probably this. Sounds like Silva wasn't gonna get much of a look in this season anyway so get him off the books before we lose him for nothing in 6 months and get someone in who we might be able to to turn a bit of profit on in 12 months.


  9. #8
    Massive Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    On Tour
    Posts
    19,626

    Default Re: Carlos Miguel Ribeiro Dias - Cafú

    Quote Originally Posted by Alf-engelos Mindminackers View Post
    Sounds like a mesh of LTLF posters & Forest players all into one.

    God help us.
    I've been waiting patiently for my chance. I'm going to do one better than Djebbour and score 2 with my bell end on my debut


  10. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    5,338

    Default Re: Carlos Miguel Ribeiro Dias - Cafú

    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
    I'm sure EM is doing this deal with financial interests firmly at the forefront of his mind. In which case does it really matter if he's in the bomb squad and the finances look better?
    Given that no money is involved in this deal, I don't see how it benefits our finances. Even letting Silva just go to Olympiacos on a free (as shit as that would be) would be a better deal for us than this swap deal.

    Cafu just isn't needed. It's just a bizarre deal with no benefit on our side of things.


  11. #10
    Massive Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    On Tour
    Posts
    19,626

    Default Re: Carlos Miguel Ribeiro Dias - Cafú

    Quote Originally Posted by Heffing Psycho! View Post
    Probably this. Sounds like Silva wasn't gonna get much of a look in this season anyway so get him off the books before we lose him for nothing in 6 months and get someone in who we might be able to to turn a bit of profit on in 12 months.
    Yep makes sense. The owner has 2 clubs so this sort of financial management makes sense


  12. #11
    Best served cold
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Cliftonia
    Posts
    25,171

    Default Re: Carlos Miguel Ribeiro Dias - Cafú

    They have to just be trolling Alf at this point, don't they?

    "I've been blessed with many things in this life: an arm like a damn rocket, a c**k like a burmese python, and the mind of a f**king scientist" - Kenny Powers

  13. #12
    Massive Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    On Tour
    Posts
    19,626

    Default Re: Carlos Miguel Ribeiro Dias - Cafú

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
    Given that no money is involved in this deal, I don't see how it benefits our finances. Even letting Silva just go to Olympiacos on a free (as shit as that would be) would be a better deal for us than this swap deal.

    Cafu just isn't needed. It's just a bizarre deal with no benefit on our side of things.
    See heffings post. It does make sense. Pay a player to sit on the side and sell him for fuck all or move him to another "branch" and bring in a bomb squad player on significantly less wages and possibly get a small fee for nothing next summer?


  14. #13
    Far from home
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    South London
    Posts
    4,464

    Default Re: Carlos Miguel Ribeiro Dias - Cafú

    Far too many names

    It's a no from me


  15. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    5,338

    Default Re: Carlos Miguel Ribeiro Dias - Cafú

    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
    See heffings post. It does make sense. Pay a player to sit on the side and sell him for fuck all or move him to another "branch" and bring in a bomb squad player on significantly less wages and possibly get a small fee for nothing next summer?
    On the face of it, it seems like Silva actually has more value than Cafu though (at least Olympiacos seem to think so).

    It is feasible that we could sell Silva for a 7 figure fee (perhaps making a small profit or at least getting back what we paid for him), whereas Cafu seems destined for the bomb squad.

    I don't see how Forest benefit from this at all, either on the pitch or financially. Feels like a deal done purely for Olys benefits.


  16. #15
    Massive Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    On Tour
    Posts
    19,626

    Default Re: Carlos Miguel Ribeiro Dias - Cafú

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
    On the face of it, it seems like Silva actually has more value than Cafu though (at least Olympiacos seem to think so).

    It is feasible that we could sell Silva for a 7 figure fee (perhaps making a small profit or at least getting back what we paid for him), whereas Cafu seems destined for the bomb squad.

    I don't see how Forest benefit from this at all, either on the pitch or financially. Feels like a deal done purely for Olys benefits.
    You do realise that Olys benefits also equal forests? Why do you think EM brought an english club? To watch them wallow in the second tier or go for the big money league?

    If you believe EM only cares about Oly then surely his interest would be to get Forest promoted as it then makes more money for him to spend at Olympiakos? Not the other way around.


  17. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    5,338

    Default Re: Carlos Miguel Ribeiro Dias - Cafú

    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
    You do realise that Olys benefits also equal forests? Why do you think EM brought an english club? To watch them wallow in the second tier or go for the big money league?

    If you believe EM only cares about Oly then surely his interest would be to get Forest promoted as it then makes more money for him to spend at Olympiakos? Not the other way around.
    I'm not one of those people who thinks EM is using us a feeder club, or any other daft conspiracy theory. I think EM'S ownership has been mostly positive. But I don't see any benefit to Forest in this one particular deal.

    It's not even the case that I'm that bothered about Silva leaving, it's more the dumping of another player we don't need onto our books that I don't like. We are well stocked in that position, and will probably spend the next year or two paying this Cafu bloke to not play football (like we are already doing with numerous other players).

    We gain nothing on the pitch with this signing, and financially we'd actually be better off just letting Silva go for free rather than taking on Cafu's wages.


  18. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    11,564

    Default Re: Carlos Miguel Ribeiro Dias - Cafú

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
    I'm not one of those people who thinks EM is using us a feeder club, or any other daft conspiracy theory. I think EM'S ownership has been mostly positive. But I don't see any benefit to Forest in this one particular deal.

    It's not even the case that I'm that bothered about Silva leaving, it's more the dumping of another player we don't need onto our books that I don't like. We are well stocked in that position, and will probably spend the next year or two paying this Cafu bloke to not play football (like we are already doing with numerous other players).

    We gain nothing on the pitch with this signing, and financially we'd actually be better off just letting Silva go for free rather than taking on Cafu's wages.
    You're also assuming Sabri doesn't want this lad and that we're just being lumped with him though. I'd agree we don't need another one and a more attacking midfielder would suit us a lot better but I'm not Sabri Lamouchi...


  19. #18
    Massive Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    On Tour
    Posts
    19,626

    Default Re: Carlos Miguel Ribeiro Dias - Cafú

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
    I'm not one of those people who thinks EM is using us a feeder club, or any other daft conspiracy theory. I think EM'S ownership has been mostly positive. But I don't see any benefit to Forest in this one particular deal.

    It's not even the case that I'm that bothered about Silva leaving, it's more the dumping of another player we don't need onto our books that I don't like. We are well stocked in that position, and will probably spend the next year or two paying this Cafu bloke to not play football (like we are already doing with numerous other players).

    We gain nothing on the pitch with this signing, and financially we'd actually be better off just letting Silva go for free rather than taking on Cafu's wages.
    Because Silva gets a longer contract at the sister club. (It ran out this year at forest so would have left on a free to a club that isn't under the same ownership) if he gets sold from Olympiakos it might be half a mill more than either club would have got if he was to have gone on a bosman to sparta buttfuck for nothing. Cafu comes to forest for a tiny wage, balances the books in both clubs and could be sold for a nominal 100k in the summer.

    That's 600k more than the jack shit either side would have got if Silva sat on a wage in west bridgford for the sake of it


  20. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    5,338

    Default Re: Carlos Miguel Ribeiro Dias - Cafú

    We'd probably lose more paying Cafu to rot in the bomb squad for a year or two then any transfer fee we would receive for him (if any at all).

    Silva at least has some potential resale value, though even letting him go to Olympiacos on a free would make more financial sense for Forest than doing this swap deal; at least we'd lose another wage from the wage bill.

    I don't see any benefit at all in bringing Cafu to Forest. We already have too many players on the books we are paying to do nothing, the last thing we needed was another.


  21. #20
    Massive Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    On Tour
    Posts
    19,626

    Default Re: Carlos Miguel Ribeiro Dias - Cafú

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
    We'd probably lose more paying Cafu to rot in the bomb squad for a year or two then any transfer fee we would receive for him (if any at all).

    Silva at least has some potential resale value, though even letting him go to Olympiacos on a free would make more financial sense for Forest than doing this swap deal; at least we'd lose another wage from the wage bill.

    I don't see any benefit at all in bringing Cafu to Forest. We already have too many players on the books we are paying to do nothing, the last thing we needed was another.
    I don't get what you don't understand from what I wrote. Let's just say we leave it to the Billionaire businessman and his advisors on the best way to move his assets around between his 2 businesses


  22. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    11,564

    Default Re: Carlos Miguel Ribeiro Dias - Cafú

    From Twitter, dunno about the figures but the general idea makes sense:

    "Re Silva there is a loop hole in FFP, if we sell a player it is either a loss or gain depending on his transfer less depreciation. If we swap a player we can value both players in the swap at say £10m above accounts value and it shows as a profit for FFP. #nffc"


  23. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    5,338

    Default Re: Carlos Miguel Ribeiro Dias - Cafú

    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
    I don't get what you don't understand from what I wrote. Let's just say we leave it to the Billionaire businessman and his advisors on the best way to move his assets around between his 2 businesses
    I don't understand why you think we are going to benefit from bringing Cafu here. We are well stocked in that position, so we are going to be paying wages to a player we don't need. I'm really not seeing what Forest are getting out of this deal.


  24. #23
    Massive Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    On Tour
    Posts
    19,626

    Default Re: Carlos Miguel Ribeiro Dias - Cafú

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
    I don't understand why you think we are going to benefit from bringing Cafu here. We are well stocked in that position, so we are going to be paying wages to a player we don't need. I'm really not seeing what Forest are getting out of this deal.
    Basically you give your business partner a quid that if you didn't it would be worth nothing in 6 months time, in return he gives you a penny. In 12 months time that quid is still worth a quid, rather than nothing and the penny is free. In 12 months you've gone from having a quid that will be worth nothing in 6 months to having £1.01 after 12


  25. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    5,338

    Default Re: Carlos Miguel Ribeiro Dias - Cafú

    Quote Originally Posted by Heffing Psycho! View Post
    From Twitter, dunno about the figures but the general idea makes sense:

    "Re Silva there is a loop hole in FFP, if we sell a player it is either a loss or gain depending on his transfer less depreciation. If we swap a player we can value both players in the swap at say £10m above accounts value and it shows as a profit for FFP. #nffc"
    I'd be surprised if it was that simple to be honest. I could be wrong, but I'm sure even the buffoons at the EFL wouldn't allow that.


  26. #25
    Far from home
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    South London
    Posts
    4,464

    Default Re: Carlos Miguel Ribeiro Dias - Cafú

    Quote Originally Posted by Heffing Psycho! View Post
    From Twitter, dunno about the figures but the general idea makes sense:

    "Re Silva there is a loop hole in FFP, if we sell a player it is either a loss or gain depending on his transfer less depreciation. If we swap a player we can value both players in the swap at say £10m above accounts value and it shows as a profit for FFP. #nffc"
    It's almost as if FFP is an ill thought out load of bollocks


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •