View Poll Results: Stick or twist?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • No! Hoof to victory!

4 23.53%
  • Yes! Pass-attack-pass-attack!

13 76.47%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Time for (another) stylistic u-turn?

Default Re: Time for (another) stylistic u-turn?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
    Back 3 is an interesting one to play around with - not sure it値l happen though. What would you go with?

..................Samba.....................

....Worrall/Soh...McKenna....Blackett.......

........Colback....... Sow/Arter/Yates......

Christie..........Freeman.......Ameobi/Ribeiro

...........Grabban............Taylor.........
    That's more like the experimental Dutch inspired Venables Euro 96 formation than a typical 3-5-2 wing-back system you've got there I guess.

I answered the question with a yes (as might be expected) but I know the problem is that then it is almost the same as saying change the manager indeed.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

That kind of skewed 3-5-2 MO'N played at the end once he started wanting to play some more football and got Carvalho in seemed to be working ok to be fair didn't it?

We weren't far away last season.
    We had the core of a very good side although I felt we were weak in central defence, Samba didn't always attack the ball enough at times and there were weaknesses in Yates' game. Add to that the isolation inflicted on poor old Grabbs and it's not surprising that many games were a frustrating struggle.
    I felt that we didn't have enough 'all-rounders' in midfield where I'd have liked to see players change roles more as the games swung backwards and forwards.
    It's no good breaking up opponents attacks or winning the ball in midfield if you can't do something to put pressure on the opposition.
    Now, with 9/10 new signings, we should have the flexibility to dominate games. Our 'method' of conceding possession then stifling the opponents attacks with a well drilled defensive method gives me kittens.
    Colback's early spell for us were a master class in pressurising the opposition all over the pitch. With better players with more technical skill and more pace (that's what makes them better!) we should be dominating possession and create vastly more chances in every game (not just a select few where we performed well last season).

Keep the manager; he has shown intelligence and dignity and deserves to have a bash with this greatly improved bunch of players.

Sage

Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    I think we have the players to suit Lamouchis style, but we've done that to death.

Where we do agree, the players & Lamouchi are suffering a serious loss of form, pretty much unconditionally. If he's to keep his job he needs to rejuvenate himself & everyone around him. Then start on better execution & balance of his approach.
    Yes I agree with that and the defence is killing Sabris style. Worrall and Figgy have been terrible in my opinion. If we can稚 keep clean sheets then that kills us as we don稚 score more than 1 generally. Steve Hodge always makes the point once we concede the first goal we are fecked as a side.

If Lolley is injured and not 100% I still think Sabs should try the diamond.

覧覧覧覧覧覧覧Samba覧覧覧覧覧覧-
    Christie-McKenna覧祐oh覧覧Ribeiro
    覧覧覧覧覧-Colback覧覧覧覧覧覧覧-
    覧覧覧祐ow覧覧覧-Bachirou覧覧
    覧覧覧覧覧-Freeman覧覧覧覧覧覧-
    覧覧覧-Taylor覧覧Grabban覧覧覧

That would be ideal for the players and get Freeman into dangerous spaces.

It's not often that I agree with you Emmerson but I've always been critical of having two defensive midfielders in the team.
    The wing backs should be able to help out in defence and push up to pressurise the opposition.
    I notice that your team has no room for Joe or Sam.

Sage

Quote Originally Posted by RRRREDUN View Post
    It's not often that I agree with you Emmerson but I've always been critical of having two defensive midfielders in the team.
    The wing backs should be able to help out in defence and push up to pressurise the opposition.
    I notice that your team has no room for Joe or Sam.
    I think it should be plan b when Lolley is not fully fit. As for Ameobi I don稚 think he offers enough output for us. We need more from him he痴 okay but Taylor Grabban and Freeman I think would get us more goals and assists then Grabban Lolley and Ameobi.
    If you get a centre mid who can break into the box as well your laughing like an Arter. It痴 a suggestion but if you want to go with a 4-2-3-1 that痴 fine but the team either need to do it more aggressively and press the opposition and play higher up the pitch or the defence is simply going to have to defend better so when we get that one chance we can win a game. If we do play that 4-2-3-1 then Ameobi has got to score more.

Truthfully, it's all about horses for courses.

Defenders need to be able to defend against anything thrown at them. Any weakness will be exploited by teams who have huge powerful men up front.
    Look at figs and to a lesser extent Joe; it always looks a struggle when the ball is in the air. We either get players in who have these attributes or we bust a gut to prevent crosses coming in or through balls over the top. Neither really work.
    Benalouane with someone similar alongside would probably caused less heart attacks amongst our fans.

When Cafu arrives we can try a pyramid set up