Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 508
  1. #51
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chester
    Posts
    11,001

    Default Re: Miguel Angel Guerrero

    First things first is it’s a bad sign we are getting another striker which means Da Costa is being seen as a winger despite him not being a winger. Also that means that he won’t be looking to upgrade on Ameobi which is much needed and thirdly this guy fits the profile of all the poor signings we have made. We will wait and see how he gets on obviously but we have been here before.

    Another thing that’s running through mind is the potential of Grabban leaving as well and if that happens the squad would literally be back to square one. Anyway let’s see how we get on in the transfer market.

    Last edited by EmmersonForest4; 03-09-20 at 13:13.

  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many

  3. #52
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    South London
    Posts
    7,560

    Default Re: Miguel Angel Guerrero

    Quote Originally Posted by EmmersonForest4 View Post
    First things first is it’s a bad sign we are getting another striker which means Da Costa is being seen as a singer
    I heard him do Fly Me to the Moon once

    He was actually pretty good


  4. #53
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The Dock Of The Bay, Bakersfield NG3.
    Posts
    14,660

    Default Re: Miguel Angel Guerrero

    Quote Originally Posted by EmmersonForest4 View Post
    First things first is it’s a bad sign we are getting another striker which means Da Costa is being seen as a singer despite him not being a winger. Also that means that he won’t be looking to upgrade on Ameobi which is much needed and thirdly this guy fits the profile of all the poor signings we have made. We will wait and see how he gets on obviously but we have been here before.

    Another thing that’s running through mind is the potential of Grabban leaving as well and if that happens the squad would literally be back to square one. Anyway let’s see how we get on in the transfer market.
    I was unaware that Da Costa has a good singing voice Emmo.


  5. #54

    Default Re: Miguel Angel Guerrero

    I still wonder if Grabban will go. I just think with him and Taylor being similar, then Guerrero seemingly coming in. Da Costa a striker/winger and Mighten being played centrally in pre-season. Maybe it will happen.


  6. #55
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chester
    Posts
    11,001

    Default Re: Miguel Angel Guerrero

    Quote Originally Posted by karteo View Post
    if i were SL i would have him as a starter after getting him match fit.

    and i am not overreacting here. you were not aggressive up front. you need a player like this one.

    very likable player and honest. he sweats his jersey and knows the passing style of football properly. tactically very good, team and manager player. you will definitely get more than you pay.

    anyway. time will tell
    His goal record is rubbish and the way we play means we rely heavily on the front 3 scoring. If they don’t we are in trouble so you and forest have to be sure he can contribute 20 goals a season. There has been zero evidence he has ever been able to do that so to me that would be a risk.


  7. #56
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The Dock Of The Bay, Bakersfield NG3.
    Posts
    14,660

    Default Re: Miguel Angel Guerrero

    Quote Originally Posted by EmmersonForest4 View Post
    His goal record is rubbish and the way we play means we rely heavily on the front 3 scoring. If they don’t we are in trouble so you and forest have to be sure he can contribute 20 goals a season. There has been zero evidence he has ever been able to do that so to me that would be a risk.
    Then again Emmo, as has been noted many, many times, our lack of intensity at crucial times last season was a real issue, and so if this lad's style of play helps address that, particularly towards the end of games, then he'll be worth it; especially as has also been said by our Greek friends and our Spain-based poster, he plays with intelligence.


  8. #57
    Nigel Clough
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    7,149

    Default Re: Miguel Angel Guerrero

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Stone's Mullet View Post
    I still wonder if Grabban will go. I just think with him and Taylor being similar, then Guerrero seemingly coming in. Da Costa a striker/winger and Mighten being played centrally in pre-season. Maybe it will happen.
    With all due respect to Guerrero, I think we'd need to bring in someone with more of a goal scoring pedigree before we get rid of Grabban, otherwise we'd struggle to score goals if anything happened to Taylor. Wouldn't go down well with most of our supporters either. I think we'd need to sign someone like Jutkiewicz if we did get rid of Grabban IMO.


  9. #58
    First Team
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    8,596

    Default Re: Miguel Angel Guerrero

    Quote Originally Posted by EmmersonForest4 View Post
    His goal record is rubbish and the way we play means we rely heavily on the front 3 scoring. If they don’t we are in trouble so you and forest have to be sure he can contribute 20 goals a season. There has been zero evidence he has ever been able to do that so to me that would be a risk.
    It's not the role of the third choice striker to score 20 goals per season. His role is simply to be there in case of injuries, to add another option whenever you play with two upfront, to replace the lone striker in the last minutes when you want someone fast for counter-attacks and for pressing the opponent, etc.

    Guerrero was never a 20 goals per season player. But he may help others score more: his first season with us was the most productive one for Fortounis, precisely because Guerrero opened up spaces for him.

    Incidentally, I should add that Guerrero lost his place as third striker here to Soudani, who has just started training full-time again. And the circle is now complete.


  10. #59
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chester
    Posts
    11,001

    Default Re: Miguel Angel Guerrero

    Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    Then again Emmo, as has been noted many, many times, our lack of intensity at crucial times last season was a real issue, and so if this lad's style of play helps address that, particularly towards the end of games, then he'll be worth it; especially as has also been said by our Greek friends and our Spain-based poster, he plays with intelligence.
    Raffa Mir is a hard worker and Grabban is a hard worker as well except Grabban scores goals and mor did not. Being hard working is good but I’m our current style we need goals no ifs or buts from our striker. Our chances are few and when they do come our striker needs to have a good conversion rate. If this guy starts instead of Grabban or Taylor than that’s a huge risk. I’m arguing about Karteo’s point about him being the frontline striker.


  11. #60
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chester
    Posts
    11,001

    Default Re: Miguel Angel Guerrero

    Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post
    It's not the role of the third choice striker to score 20 goals per season. His role is simply to be there in case of injuries, to add another option whenever you play with two upfront, to replace the lone striker in the last minutes when you want someone fast for counter-attacks and for pressing the opponent, etc.

    Guerrero was never a 20 goals per season player. But he may help others score more: his first season with us was the most productive one for Fortounis, precisely because Guerrero opened up spaces for him.

    Incidentally, I should add that Guerrero lost his place as third striker here to Soudani, who has just started training full-time again. And the circle is now complete.
    I agree mate Karteo said SL should consider him as a starting striker!


  12. #61
    Best served cold
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Cliftonia
    Posts
    25,715

    Default Re: Miguel Angel Guerrero

    Quote Originally Posted by congo_red View Post
    More chance of Eddie Guerrero.
    We need some Latino heat to help us lie, cheat and steal our way to promotion.

    "I've been blessed with many things in this life: an arm like a damn rocket, a c**k like a burmese python, and the mind of a f**king scientist" - Kenny Powers

  13. #62
    First Team
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Nottingham/Lincoln
    Posts
    9,492

    Default Re: Miguel Angel Guerrero

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
    With all due respect to Guerrero, I think we'd need to bring in someone with more of a goal scoring pedigree before we get rid of Grabban, otherwise we'd struggle to score goals if anything happened to Taylor. Wouldn't go down well with most of our supporters either. I think we'd need to sign someone like Jutkiewicz if we did get rid of Grabban IMO.
    I mean, has anything of notable repute been said about Grabban leaving? I’ve seen people add 2 and 2 and get 4 but I’ve not seen anything even remotely concrete


  14. #63
    First Team
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    8,596

    Default Re: Miguel Angel Guerrero

    Quote Originally Posted by Heffing Psycho! View Post
    To add to that, this one says it was Sabri's suggestion for him to come here: https://www.novasports.gr/podosfairo...rest-o-gkerero
    Isn't that put forward as an excuse for any transfer?

    - Hi, Yannis, I think I would like another striker.
    - Ah, well, OK Sabri, do you have anyone in mind?
    - I don't know, it's not that important who it will be, Jutkiewitz for example?
    - How much would he cost?
    S. whispers something in Vrentzos' ears. Vrentzos spills his coffee.
    - Look, Sabri, remember Guerrero who tore you a new one in the friendly last year?
    - Eh, yes, I think I do.
    - Did he play well in that game?
    - Why yes, of course, I was impressed.

    And hence the title of the story: "Lamouchi asked for Guerrero".


  15. #64
    First Team
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    8,596

    Default Re: Miguel Angel Guerrero

    Quote Originally Posted by EmmersonForest4 View Post
    I agree mate Karteo said SL should consider him as a starting striker!
    Karteo got carried away. Greeks often do that.


  16. #65
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    12,510

    Default Re: Miguel Angel Guerrero

    Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post
    Isn't that put forward as an excuse for any transfer?

    - Hi, Yannis, I think I would like another striker.
    - Ah, well, OK Sabri, do you have anyone in mind?
    - I don't know, it's not that important who it will be, Jutkiewitz for example?
    - How much would he cost?
    S. whispers something in Vrentzos' ears. Vrentzos spills his coffee.
    - Look, Sabri, remember Guerrero who tore you a new one in the friendly last year?
    - Eh, yes, I think I do.
    - Did he play well in that game?
    - Why yes, of course, I was impressed.

    And hence the title of the story: "Lamouchi asked for Guerrero".
    Maybe but the fact Forest have reportedly been after Juke for longer than Sabri has been around would lead me to think that he's somebody else's suggestion.


  17. #66
    Ian Storey-Moore
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    3,939

    Default Re: Miguel Angel Guerrero

    Quote Originally Posted by EmmersonForest4 View Post
    I agree mate Karteo said SL should consider him as a starting striker!
    not striker. as a starting 11.


  18. #67
    Ian Storey-Moore
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    3,939

    Default Re: Miguel Angel Guerrero

    Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post
    Karteo got carried away. Greeks often do that.
    i have never said he should be a starting striker but let's be honest. do you believe that Grabban wouldn't benefit of him, when in most of the games Grabban was completely isolated from midfield and wingers without receiving a ball?

    i like Guerrero. he is a player that Forest doesn't currently have and would help Lolley and Grabban the most


  19. #68
    Massive Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    On Tour
    Posts
    25,274

    Default Re: Miguel Angel Guerrero

    Emmerson panning striker he has never seen play shocker!!!!

    To be fair he usually waits until after they've had 2 10 minute substitute appearances.


    And no I'm not discussing it with you pal.

    Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk


  20. #69
    First Team
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    8,596

    Default Re: Miguel Angel Guerrero

    Quote Originally Posted by Heffing Psycho! View Post
    Maybe but the fact Forest have reportedly been after Juke for longer than Sabri has been around would lead me to think that he's somebody else's suggestion.
    Most probably; I was just joking anyway.


  21. #70
    First Team
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    8,596

    Default Re: Miguel Angel Guerrero

    Quote Originally Posted by karteo View Post
    i have never said he should be a starting striker but let's be honest. do you believe that Grabban wouldn't benefit of him, when in most of the games Grabban was completely isolated from midfield and wingers without receiving a ball?

    i like Guerrero. he is a player that Forest doesn't currently have and would help Lolley and Grabban the most
    I'm not a fan of 4-4-2, but of course, as I said, he can easily play alongside another striker. He has also played left cutting inside in a very attacking 4-3-3 (with the left back playing as a full-back).


  22. #71
    Nigel Clough
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    7,131

    Default Re: Miguel Angel Guerrero

    Quote Originally Posted by RichNFFC View Post
    Any opinions from Leganes fans on Twitter or anything? Would be interested in seeing those.
    I had a look at their instagram and there was no official “goodbye” post about him leaving at all.

    Then I checked his instagram and the last post of him in a Leganes shirt is mostly filled with abusive comments in Spanish, saying how shit he is and how he missed a penalty that sent them down ..... they don’t seem keen

    All the nice comments are from Olympiacos fans


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


  23. #72
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    South London
    Posts
    7,560

    Default Re: Miguel Angel Guerrero

    Guerrero Rocher




  24. #73
    Bob McKinlay
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Lufthansa Business Lounge
    Posts
    99,213

    Default Re: Miguel Angel Guerrero

    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
    Emmerson panning striker he has never seen play shocker!!!!

    To be fair he usually waits until after they've had 2 10 minute substitute appearances.


    And no I'm not discussing it with you pal.

    Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk
    Maybe we need more Strikers?

    „I believe in socialism because it seems more humanitarian, rather than every man for himself and 'I'm alright jack' and all those arsehole businessmen with all the loot. I made up my mind from viewing society from that angle. That's where I'm from and there's where I've made my decisions from. That's why I believe in socialism“

    „Don't forget you're alive. 'Cause sometimes when you walk around the city and you're in a bad mood, you can think, hey, wait a minute, we're alive! We don't know what the next second will bring and what a fantastic thing this is. This can get easily forgotten in the routine of life, and that's something I'm trying to bring to my attention at all times. Don't forget you're alive. We're not dead, you know. This is the greatest thing.”

    — Joe Strummer

  25. #74
    Massive Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    On Tour
    Posts
    25,274

    Default Re: Miguel Angel Guerrero

    Quote Originally Posted by Strummer View Post
    Maybe we need more Strikers?
    We need more street fighters mate, that's what we need.

    Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk


  26. #75
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    South London
    Posts
    7,560

    Default Re: Miguel Angel Guerrero

    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
    We need more street fighters mate, that's what we need.
    We need regular starters. Not just someone who makes the odd Cammy-o




 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •