Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Nigel Clough

Default Re: Miguel Angel Guerrero

Thought I'd check Twitter this morning to see if there was any Forest related rumours going around, just to see everyone on there having a meltdown over this potential signing and already writing him off as shit despite most (if not all) of those people not having seen him play. Nothing new there then.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nigel Clough

Hes on 7k a week. Thats relatively cheap for a Championship striker. Jutkiewicz is probably on 3 times that.

Out of contract next summer- I hope this is just a loan and well see how he does.

Might mean Sabri sees Nuno as more of a winger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ian Storey-Moore

He is not coming there as a massive goal scorer. He will score, and I strongly believe that, but he would not be someone judged by only this.

Seeing Forest last season being so soft and gentle up front I think it's a very good addition that suits better there than in Spain

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by karteo View Post
    He won't play as lone striker.

He will play behind the striker or by his side and he will make a lot here to love him really.

He is so well suited for championship football that will surprise a lot

It's a good signing that will help lamouchi and I believe he wants him

He can make even a few minutes appearances to count even by pressing and defending when you want to hold a result.
    We've got two top finishers in Grabban and Taylor so someone to work hard alongside one of them two in certain matches sounds fine by me.

If we're gonna go for another striker I'd prefer it be someone like this rather than a youngster, Sabri seems to like to play Mighten through the middle, I'd rather we stick with him as our prospect.

Ian Storey-Moore

Quote Originally Posted by Heffing Psycho! View Post
    We've got two top finishers in Grabban and Taylor so someone to work hard alongside one of them two in certain matches sounds fine by me.

If we're gonna go for another striker I'd prefer it be someone like this rather than a youngster, Sabri seems to like to play Mighten through the middle, I'd rather we stick with him as our prospect.
    I am sure that SL likes Guerrero and took him for a reason and this is not to stay on the bench or outside the 18 men squad as a 3rd option.

I am sure also that Guerrero wouldn't come there for this role! He is not 35 years old Ffs. He has good years ahead of him.

We are entering a new football season and some uncharted waters.

Teams need many players, will be able to have probably more subs per game. Financially teams will struggle to find revenues. This Is a bargain signing

LOoking through his career, he's clearly been used as a second striker, as he was regularly playing 20+ games in La Liga. If he was a dud they'd have binned him off.

If he is as advertised - a relentless hard worker who runs channels, presses defenders and creates space for others to attack, I can buy into that if he's here on a short deal (2yrs max) and will seemingly be on reasonable wages too as apparently he's on 7k pw.

Viv Anderson

I am sure that SL likes Guerrero and took him for a reason and this is not to stay on the bench or outside the 18 men squad as a 3rd option.

I am sure also that Guerrero wouldn't come there for this role! He is not 35 years old Ffs. He has good years ahead of him.

We are entering a new football season and some uncharted waters.

Teams need many players, will be able to have probably more subs per game. Financially teams will struggle to find revenues. This Is a bargain signing
    If Sabri wants him that's fine by me.

Viv Anderson

To add to that, this one says it was Sabri's suggestion for him to come here: https://www.novasports.gr/podosfairo...rest-o-gkerero

Nigel Clough

Quote Originally Posted by Heffing Psycho! View Post
    To add to that, this one says it was Sabri's suggestion for him to come here: https://www.novasports.gr/podosfairo...rest-o-gkerero
    Certainly a good reason to be positive about this signing. Sabri must think he brings something to the table that we don't currently have.

Ian Storey-Moore

he bites a lot up front putting pressure to defenders, breaking their build up, passes easily to the wingers and striker, getting in the box to outnumber their defence and mess it up.

i don't think you had something like that in your pocket so far and moreover he is a guy that played European Cups football, experienced with very good football foundations.

don't write him off

Viv Anderson

He won't play as lone striker.

He will play behind the striker or by his side and he will make a lot here to love him really.

He is so well suited for championship football that will surprise a lot

It's a good signing that will help lamouchi and I believe he wants him

He can make even a few minutes appearances to count even by pressing and defending when you want to hold a result.
    You have been on this forum long enough now Karteo to know that the evidence of those who have seen a player perform will never override the opinion of those critics who haven't.

Senior doom Monger

Destined to be end of 20/21 season bomb squad.
    Friend in Athens has said this is very likely to happen... that's the transfer.
    Mind you the bomb squad entry is also very likely to happen.

https://twitter.com/geramanolidis/st...62561896923137

On his way to Nottingham as we speak apparently.

Matchday Squad

I think it’s an astute signing. Hes a player which offers something very different to our current and previous squads. Good positioning, tactically sound, plays with a lot of maturity. some other have said that hell create space and opportunities for others - completely agree. very good player for this level, the question mark is will he or how long will it take him to adapt.

Matchday Squad

God are some of you writing him off already good luck to him and if he adds a little something we are missing good, it was mentioned he is very good at helping to see a game out something we were great at last season....nope absolutely crap at last season and cost us a play off place.

First Team

Sensible enough if it's a cheap, short-term deal/loan. Brings the average age of our forwards down as well...

Talk of Jutkiewicz was daft IMO. He's decent at what he does but if we are a club that has to sell a multi-million pound asset every year to stay the right side of FFP, then dumping millions on a 31 year old would have been a ludicrous decision.

oopsy daisy!

This could be an absolutely amazing signing that becomes one of the reasons we get promoted.

Or not.

Haven't a clue which it will be.

I'll make my decision based on his first 3 minute run out as a substitute.

Nigel Clough

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Stone's Mullet View Post
    https://twitter.com/geramanolidis/st...62561896923137

On his way to Nottingham as we speak apparently.
    *Nottigham

Nigel Clough

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    This could be an absolutely amazing signing that becomes one of the reasons we get promoted.

Or not.

Im guna decide if hes any good based off Twitter.

If he gets injured, Ill write him off as crap.

Its the Forest Way.

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post

Or not.

Likewise and I will stick to that opinion until the moment he scores the winner for Barcelona in the European Cup Final, at which point I will completely change my point of view.

Matchday Squad

Any opinions from Leganes fans on Twitter or anything? Would be interested in seeing those.

Ian Storey-Moore

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Sinister View Post
    Destined to be end of 20/21 season bomb squad.
    Friend in Athens has said this is very likely to happen... that's the transfer.
    Mind you the bomb squad entry is also very likely to happen.
    if i were SL i would have him as a starter after getting him match fit.

and i am not overreacting here. you were not aggressive up front. you need a player like this one.

very likable player and honest. he sweats his jersey and knows the passing style of football properly. tactically very good, team and manager player. you will definitely get more than you pay.

anyway. time will tell

Impressive member

if i were SL i would have him as a starter after getting him match fit.

and i am not overreacting here. you were not aggressive up front. you need a player like this one.

very likable player and honest. he sweats his jersey and knows the passing style of football properly. tactically very good, team and manager player. you will definitely get more than you pay.

anyway. time will tell
    This one has me quite excited actually. I hope we pull it off.

Sent from my SM-A920F using Tapatalk

Viv Anderson

If nothing else he's got a cool as fuck name.