Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: Fouad Bachirou

Matchday Squad

Default Re: Fouad Bachirou

Free. Seems to be a pattern. We need to let people go for free as no-one else will take them off our hands otherwise. Prob because they would sit on their big wages otherwise.

I actually thought this guy wasnt that bad. Neat and tidy enough, didn't get a proper chance. That being said, not at all disappointed to see him leave.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Ian Storey-Moore

I hope they unveil a statue in his honour when they finally build the Main Stand.

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by magicwoand View Post
    I hope they unveil a statue in his honour when they finally build the Main Stand.
    I think the stand is going to be renamed in his honour.

First Team

In and out almost as fast as a toccata...

Ian Storey-Moore

Quote Originally Posted by DanR View Post
    Brilliant news, I'll defo renew a seat in the Bachirou.

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by magicwoand View Post
    Brilliant news, I'll defo renew a seat in the Bachirou.
    You only get to use it 3 times a season.

Ian Storey-Moore

You only get to use it 3 times a season.
    Thats probably all the excitement I could cope with for one season.

Looks like we crumbled regards getting a fee for him. Don't blame us either. Another completely pointless and ill thought through signing, to add to the many completely pointless and ill thought through signings of the past 3 years.

Good luck to the lad, seemed a nice bloke, but another dead wage gone for hopefully someone better to come here.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-engelos Mindminackers View Post
    Looks like we crumbled regards getting a fee for him. Don't blame us either. Another completely pointless and ill thought through signing, to add to the many completely pointless and ill thought through signings of the past 3 years.

Good luck to the lad, seemed a nice bloke, but another dead wage gone for hopefully someone better to come here.
    You gave him the Soudani treatment from day one: completely useless because he got injured. I could honestly never understand this. The guy had a solid career behind him, with very few injuries, came to England, got injured badly early in the season, never managed to fit in afterwards. He only played 167 minutes for you. You will, I am sure, take this to be in favour of your argument that he was crap; it is only, however, testimony to the failure of a (cheap) gamble, mostly on account of bad luck. The logic behind the transfer was not that unreasonable.

First Team

Two year contract at Omonoia, incidentally.

Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post
    You gave him the Soudani treatment from day one: completely useless because he got injured. I could honestly never understand this. The guy had a solid career behind him, with very few injuries, came to England, got injured badly early in the season, never managed to fit in afterwards. He only played 167 minutes for you. You will, I am sure, take this to be in favour of your argument that he was crap; it is only, however, testimony to the failure of a (cheap) gamble, mostly on account of bad luck. The logic behind the transfer was not that unreasonable.
    I've said, many times with both, the step up to the Championship is a big one for someone who's not conditioned to it. He's 31 years old, and his recent seasons are as follows....

The dudes had a year to fit. He's not had a broken leg. He's had plenty of time to recover.

We spent £600k bought a player who's game time in recent seasons was nowhere near the amount a seasoned pro would be expected to play in this league. The logic behind it was awful.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-engelos Mindminackers View Post
    I've said, many times with both, the step up to the Championship is a big one for someone who's not conditioned to it. He's 31 years old, and his recent seasons are as follows....

The dudes had a year to fit. He's not had a broken leg. He's had plenty of time to recover.

We spent £600k bought a player who's game time in recent seasons was nowhere near the amount a seasoned pro would be expected to play in this league. The logic behind it was awful.
    Nope, it's just your data which is awful. He played 2,495' in the season 2019-2020 and 3,171' in 2018-2019.

Nope, it's just your data which is awful. He played 2,495' in the season 2019-2020 and 3,171' in 2018-2019.
    Quick get him back!

I guess my brilliance works even with bad data. Fuckinghell, even I didn't think I was THAT good, but I clearly am

I've really just got this magic touch. I've never understood if it's a gut thing or what, but I just nail things and see things coming way before 99& of other people do. It's a fucking gift. I'm incredible.

Either that, or I used a bit of common sense regards the state of other leagues compared to ours.

Last edited by Alf-engelos Mindminackers; 16-08-21 at 17:24.

oopsy daisy!

Incorrect. It's part of the stand.

They've got the sign ready for it.

Ian Storey-Moore

Another massive waste of money. Plucked from a second rate league at the arse end of his career. Amazing stuff

Viv Anderson

The club backed the previous manager's judgement of him GBG, which a lot of our fans believe should always be the way.

To be fair to the lad, in the all-too-brief amount of time that I saw of him, he looked like he had something about him that could possibly have been a useful asset. Anyway, good luck to him.

Upper Decker

I agree with this. He was a victim of the change of manager more than anything.

THE TRUTH IS THERE AND WITH IT I GO TO THE END OF THE WORLD .

Ale ape.

Has he actually officially left? This seems to have dragged on for ages.

Formerly Gandalfthered

Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    The club backed the previous manager's judgement of him GBG, which a lot of our fans believe should always be the way.

To be fair to the lad, in the all-too-brief amount of time that I saw of him, he looked like he had something about him that could possibly have been a useful asset. Anyway, good luck to him.
    This. Lamouchi said numerous times he saw Fred as Watson's replacement but he picked up an injury, Sabri was sacked and he never got a look in under CH.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by GandalfTheRed View Post
    This. Lamouchi said numerous times he saw Fred as Watson's replacement but he picked up an injury, Sabri was sacked and he never got a look in under CH.
    Well, yes. But when was he actually fit again? He didn't look too bad in the times he did play but didn't really stand out as amazing either.

And let's not forget we had Yates, Arter, Colback, Garner and Cafu last season all in the kind of non-attacking midfield roles and I know we bombed Arter out quickly and Colback was injured but that's still 3 more players he has to show he's worthy of a place. Maybe Hughton just chose to stick with what he knew and some people would probably criticise him for being experimental in a relegation battle too...

First Team

Despite being in the bomb squad, he must have been training well, because he started for Omonoia in the Europa League play-offs. They're winning 2-1.

Grenville Morris

Of course he started. Of course.