Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021
Results 501 to 522 of 522

Thread: Fouad Bachirou

  1. #501
    Matchday Squad
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    909

    Default Re: Fouad Bachirou

    Free. Seems to be a pattern. We need to let people go for free as no-one else will take them off our hands otherwise. Prob because they would sit on their big wages otherwise.

    I actually thought this guy wasnt that bad. Neat and tidy enough, didn't get a proper chance. That being said, not at all disappointed to see him leave.


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many

  3. #502
    Ian Storey-Moore
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    4,615

    Default Re: Fouad Bachirou

    I hope they unveil a statue in his honour when they finally build the Main Stand.


  4. #503
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    My house
    Posts
    13,329

    Default Re: Fouad Bachirou

    Quote Originally Posted by magicwoand View Post
    I hope they unveil a statue in his honour when they finally build the Main Stand.
    I think the stand is going to be renamed in his honour.


  5. #504
    First Team
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Getting High
    Posts
    7,881

    Default Re: Fouad Bachirou

    In and out almost as fast as a toccata...


  6. #505
    Ian Storey-Moore
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    4,615

    Default Re: Fouad Bachirou

    Quote Originally Posted by DanR View Post
    I think the stand is going to be renamed in his honour.
    Brilliant news, I'll defo renew a seat in the Bachirou.


  7. #506
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    My house
    Posts
    13,329

    Default Re: Fouad Bachirou

    Quote Originally Posted by magicwoand View Post
    Brilliant news, I'll defo renew a seat in the Bachirou.
    You only get to use it 3 times a season.


  8. #507
    Ian Storey-Moore
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    4,615

    Default Re: Fouad Bachirou

    Quote Originally Posted by DanR View Post
    You only get to use it 3 times a season.
    Thats probably all the excitement I could cope with for one season.


  9. #508

    Default Re: Fouad Bachirou

    Looks like we crumbled regards getting a fee for him. Don't blame us either. Another completely pointless and ill thought through signing, to add to the many completely pointless and ill thought through signings of the past 3 years.

    Good luck to the lad, seemed a nice bloke, but another dead wage gone for hopefully someone better to come here.




  10. #509
    First Team
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    8,596

    Default Re: Fouad Bachirou

    Quote Originally Posted by Alf-engelos Mindminackers View Post
    Looks like we crumbled regards getting a fee for him. Don't blame us either. Another completely pointless and ill thought through signing, to add to the many completely pointless and ill thought through signings of the past 3 years.

    Good luck to the lad, seemed a nice bloke, but another dead wage gone for hopefully someone better to come here.
    You gave him the Soudani treatment from day one: completely useless because he got injured. I could honestly never understand this. The guy had a solid career behind him, with very few injuries, came to England, got injured badly early in the season, never managed to fit in afterwards. He only played 167 minutes for you. You will, I am sure, take this to be in favour of your argument that he was crap; it is only, however, testimony to the failure of a (cheap) gamble, mostly on account of bad luck. The logic behind the transfer was not that unreasonable.


  11. #510
    First Team
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    8,596

    Default Re: Fouad Bachirou

    Two year contract at Omonoia, incidentally.


  12. #511

    Default Re: Fouad Bachirou

    Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post
    You gave him the Soudani treatment from day one: completely useless because he got injured. I could honestly never understand this. The guy had a solid career behind him, with very few injuries, came to England, got injured badly early in the season, never managed to fit in afterwards. He only played 167 minutes for you. You will, I am sure, take this to be in favour of your argument that he was crap; it is only, however, testimony to the failure of a (cheap) gamble, mostly on account of bad luck. The logic behind the transfer was not that unreasonable.
    I've said, many times with both, the step up to the Championship is a big one for someone who's not conditioned to it. He's 31 years old, and his recent seasons are as follows....



    The dudes had a year to fit. He's not had a broken leg. He's had plenty of time to recover.

    We spent £600k bought a player who's game time in recent seasons was nowhere near the amount a seasoned pro would be expected to play in this league. The logic behind it was awful.


  13. #512
    First Team
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    8,596

    Default Re: Fouad Bachirou

    Quote Originally Posted by Alf-engelos Mindminackers View Post
    I've said, many times with both, the step up to the Championship is a big one for someone who's not conditioned to it. He's 31 years old, and his recent seasons are as follows....



    The dudes had a year to fit. He's not had a broken leg. He's had plenty of time to recover.

    We spent £600k bought a player who's game time in recent seasons was nowhere near the amount a seasoned pro would be expected to play in this league. The logic behind it was awful.
    Nope, it's just your data which is awful. He played 2,495' in the season 2019-2020 and 3,171' in 2018-2019.


  14. #513

    Default Re: Fouad Bachirou

    Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post
    Nope, it's just your data which is awful. He played 2,495' in the season 2019-2020 and 3,171' in 2018-2019.
    Quick get him back!

    I guess my brilliance works even with bad data. Fuckinghell, even I didn't think I was THAT good, but I clearly am

    I've really just got this magic touch. I've never understood if it's a gut thing or what, but I just nail things and see things coming way before 99& of other people do. It's a fucking gift. I'm incredible.

    Either that, or I used a bit of common sense regards the state of other leagues compared to ours.

    Last edited by Alf-engelos Mindminackers; 16-08-21 at 17:24.

  15. #514
    oopsy daisy!
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    On a longship close by
    Posts
    20,515

    Default Re: Fouad Bachirou

    Quote Originally Posted by DanR View Post
    I think the stand is going to be renamed in his honour.
    Incorrect. It's part of the stand.

    They've got the sign ready for it.




  16. #515
    Ian Storey-Moore
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,348

    Default Re: Fouad Bachirou

    Another massive waste of money. Plucked from a second rate league at the arse end of his career. Amazing stuff


  17. #516
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The Dock Of The Bay, Bakersfield NG3.
    Posts
    14,660

    Default Re: Fouad Bachirou

    Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post
    You gave him the Soudani treatment from day one: completely useless because he got injured. I could honestly never understand this. The guy had a solid career behind him, with very few injuries, came to England, got injured badly early in the season, never managed to fit in afterwards. He only played 167 minutes for you. You will, I am sure, take this to be in favour of your argument that he was crap; it is only, however, testimony to the failure of a (cheap) gamble, mostly on account of bad luck. The logic behind the transfer was not that unreasonable.
    The club backed the previous manager's judgement of him GBG, which a lot of our fans believe should always be the way.

    To be fair to the lad, in the all-too-brief amount of time that I saw of him, he looked like he had something about him that could possibly have been a useful asset. Anyway, good luck to him.


  18. #517
    Upper Decker
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    In acres of space
    Posts
    43,006

    Default Re: Fouad Bachirou

    Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post
    You gave him the Soudani treatment from day one: completely useless because he got injured. I could honestly never understand this. The guy had a solid career behind him, with very few injuries, came to England, got injured badly early in the season, never managed to fit in afterwards. He only played 167 minutes for you. You will, I am sure, take this to be in favour of your argument that he was crap; it is only, however, testimony to the failure of a (cheap) gamble, mostly on account of bad luck. The logic behind the transfer was not that unreasonable.
    I agree with this. He was a victim of the change of manager more than anything.

    THE TRUTH IS THERE AND WITH IT I GO TO THE END OF THE WORLD .

  19. #518
    Ale ape.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The Congo, deported by Priti Patel
    Posts
    35,381

    Default Re: Fouad Bachirou

    Has he actually officially left? This seems to have dragged on for ages.


  20. #519
    Formerly Gandalfthered
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Mansfield
    Posts
    5,823

    Default Re: Fouad Bachirou

    Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    The club backed the previous manager's judgement of him GBG, which a lot of our fans believe should always be the way.

    To be fair to the lad, in the all-too-brief amount of time that I saw of him, he looked like he had something about him that could possibly have been a useful asset. Anyway, good luck to him.
    This. Lamouchi said numerous times he saw Fred as Watson's replacement but he picked up an injury, Sabri was sacked and he never got a look in under CH.


  21. #520
    First Team
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Getting High
    Posts
    7,881

    Default Re: Fouad Bachirou

    Quote Originally Posted by GandalfTheRed View Post
    This. Lamouchi said numerous times he saw Fred as Watson's replacement but he picked up an injury, Sabri was sacked and he never got a look in under CH.
    Well, yes. But when was he actually fit again? He didn't look too bad in the times he did play but didn't really stand out as amazing either.

    And let's not forget we had Yates, Arter, Colback, Garner and Cafu last season all in the kind of non-attacking midfield roles and I know we bombed Arter out quickly and Colback was injured but that's still 3 more players he has to show he's worthy of a place. Maybe Hughton just chose to stick with what he knew and some people would probably criticise him for being experimental in a relegation battle too...


  22. #521
    First Team
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    8,596

    Default Re: Fouad Bachirou

    Despite being in the bomb squad, he must have been training well, because he started for Omonoia in the Europa League play-offs. They're winning 2-1.


  23. #522
    Grenville Morris
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    21,118

    Default Re: Fouad Bachirou

    Of course he started. Of course.


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •