Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: [BUPA] Alan Browne, Preston

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Pope View Post
    Sorry you see it as unfair Alf.

Iím just going on your hammering the club for not signing Grosicki or Robinson when realistically we had no chance.

You see these things as black and white when there are other factors at play

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dare say it'll be me who cops the blame for raising last year's recruitment in this thread too.

This thread serves as another prime example of me just trying to discuss football, whilst several other posters continue to obsess over things they claim they want to stop hearing about

Last edited by Alf-engelos Mindminackers; 17-08-20 at 20:03.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Wally Ardron

Nothing wrong with putting names forward for discussion. But history tells us youíll be hammering the club for not signing him when the clubs signing fails.

Yeah we should definitely have signed him for £2.50 - can't believe our incompetent recruitment team failed to get that one done

Viv Anderson

Maybe the 'Tranfer Bantz' sticky thread needs reviving for this kind of post to avoid issues.

Nigel Clough

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-aSemedoBlueJeans&Chinos View Post
    Dare say it'll be me who cops the blame for raising last year's recruitment in this thread too.

This thread serves as another prime example of me just trying to discuss football, whilst several other posters continue to obsess over things they claim they want to stop hearing about
    You are remarkable.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-aSemedoBlueJeans&Chinos View Post

Lol.

Maybe youíre becoming the boy who cried wolf?

Your palms are holding her neck and thumbs are at her ears regulating the speed of her head as she swallows and then sucks up your machinery. She is topping up your engine oil for the cross-country coming up. Your RPM is hitting a new high. To wait any longer would be to lose prime time... She picks up a Bugatti's momentum. You want her more at a Volkswagen's steady trot. Squeeze the maximum mileage out of your gallon of gas. But she's eating up the road with all cylinders blazing.

Aniruddha Bahal (Bunker 13

Lol.

Maybe youíre becoming the boy who cried wolf?

I'll likely become whatever you all decide I am, doesn't really matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Redad View Post
    You are remarkable.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
    Thanks, your too kind

But that's stretching it a tad, I'm certainly no Collymore. More an 7 or 8/10 than a 10/10. A Steve Stone probably (I've certainly got the hair)

Despite Preston's overall poor form, Browne's still coming away from games receiving a lot of praise. Contract renewal looks likely......

https://www.lancs.live/sport/footbal...tract-19207804

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-engelos Mindminackers View Post
    Despite Preston's overall poor form, Browne's still coming away from games receiving a lot of praise. Contract renewal looks likely......

https://www.lancs.live/sport/footbal...tract-19207804
    We should be in there tempting him away. Heís bound to come to Forest for £50 and a half chewed Werthers Original.
    If we donít get him now while his agent is screaming from the rooftops, weíll regret it when Brentford pay £10 million for him in 18 months time.

Thatís how it goes isnít it Alf?

It's all about mid-table...

We should be in there tempting him away. He’s bound to come to Forest for £50 and a half chewed Werthers Original.
    If we don’t get him now while his agent is screaming from the rooftops, we’ll regret it when Brentford pay £10 million for him in 18 months time.

That’s how it goes isn’t it Alf?

If it was me at the club using my charm and not the fannies EM employs, I'd get him for a quarter of a Wethers Original.

Viv Anderson

Despite Preston's overall poor form, Browne's still coming away from games receiving a lot of praise. Contract renewal looks likely.
    Now that Gary Brazil has a significant input in recruitment, it will be interesting to see if he heeds your advice Alf.

Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    Now that Gary Brazil has a significant input in recruitment, it will be interesting to see if he heeds your advice Alf.
    I doubt he reads these forums Otis, but - unlike Anigo - if Brazil has an alternative I trust him to source & sign a far better one than any I suggest.

Whereas Anigo I wouldn't fucking trust to sign an U11's player. I've no idea why you had so much faith in Anigo & stuck up for him so much last year, but now he's left the club after being arrested for extortion that's at least one thing we don't have to worry about anymore.

Last edited by Alf-engelos Mindminackers; 04-11-20 at 10:55.

Viv Anderson

I doubt he reads these forums Otis, but - unlike Anigo - if Brazil has an alternative I trust him to source & sign a far better one than any I suggest.

Whereas Anigo I wouldn't fucking trust to sign an U11's player. I've no idea why you had so much faith in Anigo & stuck up for him so much last year, but now he's left the club after being arrested for extortion that's at least one thing we don't have to worry about anymore.
    We've had former chairmen of Forest spend time in prison for their misdemeanours Alf, so if Anigo is jailed for whatever it is he's accused of, he'll be in good company. If you equate not constantly slagging-off the recruitment team as having "faith" and "sticking up" for them as you put it, then that's up to you.

All I did was try to be consistent, as I wasn't privy to the actual brief of any individual, therefore I was in no position to criticise anyone individually. If you have irrefutable facts to breakdown exactly who was responsible for what, I'll be happy to make a more informed judgement based on that.

Last edited by Otis Redd'un; 04-11-20 at 14:03.

We've had former chairmen of Forest spend time in prison for their misdemeanours Alf, so if Anigo is jailed for whatever it is he's accused of, he'll be in good company. If you equate not constantly slagging-off the recruitment team as having "faith" and "sticking up" for them as you put it, then that's up to you.

All I did was try to be consistent, as I wasn't privy to the actual brief of any individual, therefore I was in no position to criticise anyone individually. If you have irrefutable facts to breakdown exactly who was responsible for what, I'll be happy to make a more informed judgement based on that.
    Don't know who you're trying to kid there mate, but you were constantly defending last year's recruitment and stating the 6/10 rating as "laughable". But whatever. I hope now, with hindsight, you can see why I had a bee in my bonnet about it.

Nah, I've way more faith in Brazil that not only does he know his onions more, but he's also got the club's interests where they should be, unlike Anigo.

Viv Anderson

Don't know who you're trying to kid there mate, but you were constantly defending last year's recruitment and stating the 6/10 rating as "laughable". But whatever. I hope now, with hindsight, you can see why I had a bee in my bonnet about it.

Nah, I've way more faith in Brazil that not only does he know his onions more, but he's also got the club's interests where they should be, unlike Anigo.
    Disagree with me by all means Alf, but don't patronise me.

Anyway, what I probably found "laughable", if that was the case, was your insistance that the recruitment people were only responsible for signings that didn't work out, whereas those that largely did - such as Samba, Chema, Ribeiro, Silva, Sow - were solely down to others. As for criticising your out-of-ten ratings, I don't concern myself with that sort of appraisal, and so I don't recognise what you're accusing me of there.

Wally Ardron

One of those who spent time in prison was responsible for recruiting Brian Clough.

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Red bandit View Post
    One of those who spent time in prison was responsible for recruiting Brian Clough.
    That doesn't make Dryden's crime of stealing the pensions of dead people more excusable.

Last edited by Otis Redd'un; 04-11-20 at 16:46.

Disagree with me by all means Alf, but don't patronise me.

Anyway, what I probably found "laughable", if that was the case, was your insistance that the recruitment people were only responsible for signings that didn't work out, whereas those that largely did - such as Samba, Chema, Ribeiro, Silva, Sow - were solely down to others. As for criticising your out-of-ten ratings, I don't concern myself with that sort of appraisal, and so I don't recognise what you're accusing me of there.
    6/10 Otis.

60% success rate

"your insistance that the recruitment people were only responsible for signings that didn't work out"

I've been trying to explain this to you for over a year now.

Let me try again.

60% success rate means that some signings were OK. 6/10 is a slightly above average rating. So I am not doing as you think, and have explained this many times now.

As I said before, defensively I thought we signed well.

Last edited by Alf-engelos Mindminackers; 04-11-20 at 21:57.

Viv Anderson

6/10 Otis.

60% success rate

"your insistance that the recruitment people were only responsible for signings that didn't work out"

I've been trying to explain this to you for over a year now.

Let me try again.

60% success rate means that some signings were OK. 6/10 is a slightly above average rating.

As I said before, defensively I thought we signed well.
    You seem to be conflating an opinion as a fact Alf.

You seem to be conflating an opinion as a fact Alf.

Viv Anderson

Did Alan play for Preston last night? If he did they probably won't want to sell him, judging by the score line.

Quote Originally Posted by valspoodle View Post
    Did Alan play for Preston last night? If he did they probably won't want to sell him, judging by the score line.
    Yep..........

https://www.the42.ie/irelands-alan-b...55689-Nov2020/

Nearly scored from a free kick, but went just over the bar.

Preston's 4th away win on the spin that.

Last edited by Alf-engelos Mindminackers; 05-11-20 at 12:51.

https://www.lancs.live/sport/footbal...w-pne-19529805

If he stays, he'll continue to be a stalwart and place himself alongside the likes of Paul McKenna

FFS Forest, there's a real opportunity here for a McKenna type. Wake up to it.

If we're prepared to spend 13m on Carvalho & 2m on players like Da Costa, we're nuts to ignore players like this we could prob get for a round the 2m mark.

Last edited by Alf-engelos Mindminackers; 10-01-21 at 11:35.

Viv Anderson

Dodgy name in the pantheon of Forest managers, but at least he had the grace to get sacked to make way for BC.