Kind of the opposite to Matt Mills!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Ian Storey-Moore

Default Re: Nikolas Ioannou

That shirt was signed by Glenn Whelan

Viv Anderson

It's this kind of mystery that keeps the close season ticking over. Life is very boring for me at the moment, so more power to the elbow of those stoking the fires.

First Team

Cypriot media seem to think that this is still very much an ongoing negotiation, despite Blackett's signing. I've seen a report that APOEL want 1m, while you have made it clear that there is no way you will go above 800K.

Ioannou has a high contract for Cypriot standards, in the area of 250K euros / year (£4,350 per week).

Viv Anderson

Think this could be a very shrewd addition GBG. Like the look of him. Hopefully we can get it done and then focus on a midfielder or 2.

Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy View Post
    Think this could be a very shrewd addition GBG. Like the look of him. Hopefully we can get it done and then focus on a midfielder or 2.
    Agreed.

I like the fight he seems to show, but also seems a decent mover and the added benefit of being left-footed to provide much needed balance.

Hope it happens.

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post
    Cypriot media seem to think that this is still very much an ongoing negotiation, despite Blackett's signing. I've seen a report that APOEL want 1m, while you have made it clear that there is no way you will go above 800K.

Ioannou has a high contract for Cypriot standards, in the area of 250K euros / year (£4,350 per week).
    Imagine him coming here, signing a contract for £6k a week and he thinks all his Christmases have come at once. Then he finds out half the bomb squad are on at least double his wage to eat Nando’s every day!

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post

Basically what you say GBG but prospects look more dim.

For several days now, the interest of Nottingham Forest in acquiring Nikolas Ioannou has been "hot".
    Nevertheless, although it seemed that the transfer of the Cypriot left winger to the England team was on the right track, now things are different.

Specifically, the proposal made by Vangelis Marinakis to APOEL for the 24-year-old is worth 500 thousand euros, half of what he is asking for, something that does not satisfy the blue and yellows.

The management of the team costs and wants a million and immediate payment of money to give Nikolas Ioannou. Now, the attitude of Nottingham is the one that will determine the transfer of the international defender with whether he will return to cover the "wants" of APOEL.

First Team

Basically what you say GBG but prospects look more dim.
    Α report I saw this morning claims that it is still on track, and APOEL wait for the final offer before saying yes, while actively looking for a replacement.

First Team

Now I see report that your final offer is close to the million APOEL asked for, APOEL is content with it, but there is disagreement on the installments. Vrentzos trying to save a penny again; I suppose it will be resolved very soon. The player has agreed terms with you from day one.

Viv Anderson

I am very sceptical about this signing, he isnt the kind left back that fits well in our style. I also am not sure what his level would be at CB. Anyway although I am sceptical you need to give him a look he may end being just a solid champ player which wouldnt be a bad thing if he was our backup CB.

Nigel Clough

If he’s as good as Chema it will be money well spent, especially considering his wages will be sensible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by EmmersonForest4 View Post
    I am very sceptical about this signing, he isnt the kind left back that fits well in our style. I also am not sure what his level would be at CB. Anyway although I am sceptical you need to give him a look he may end being just a solid champ player which wouldnt be a bad thing if he was our backup CB.
    Do you not think? Going off the video he doesn't hesitate to drive forward with the ball, good pace and a good long pass in him which suits our style. Looks like he reads the game pretty well and he's got plenty of aggression.

Just got to trust that Sabri, Modesto etc. know what they're doing. Sounds like it'll be a fairly cheap deal both in terms of fee and wages, he's a good age, captain of his current club, played in European competition and spent plenty of time in this country with Man Utd.

If you talk about wanting to see us behave more like Brentford in the transfer market well this deal is pretty similar to what they do.

Upper Decker

4 games at CB, 4 games at LB in Europe last season according to Whoscored.

THE TRUTH IS THERE AND WITH IT I GO TO THE END OF THE WORLD .

Viv Anderson

He looks very good. Matches in with a lot of requirements for British football and just looks good. Bruno Baltazar would have had a big say I bet with his connections.

Viv Anderson

He looks very good. Matches in with a lot of requirements for British football and just looks good. Bruno Baltazar would have had a big say I bet with his connections.
    Yeah I'm liking the look of him the more I see those clips. He looks like an old school fullback to me, reminds me a bit of Gabriel Heinze.

Upper Decker

He’s a leader too. Something which is sorely lacking in our team.

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Heffing Psycho! View Post
    Do you not think? Going off the video he doesn't hesitate to drive forward with the ball, good pace and a good long pass in him which suits our style. Looks like he reads the game pretty well and he's got plenty of aggression.

Just got to trust that Sabri, Modesto etc. know what they're doing. Sounds like it'll be a fairly cheap deal both in terms of fee and wages, he's a good age, captain of his current club, played in European competition and spent plenty of time in this country with Man Utd.

If you talk about wanting to see us behave more like Brentford in the transfer market well this deal is pretty similar to what they do.
    I don’t think he is quick enough but he does drive. As for Brentford like signings I agree but if we were actually any good at recruitment I wouldn’t be so sceptical I did say he could be a solid champ player like samba Ribeiro and Silva we will just have to wait and see if he is Lolley, Grabban and cash standard. I just get sceptical about our recruitment teams judgement on foreign talent understandably.

Before anyone jumps down my throat I think overall this year already recruitment has been 10 out of 10. It is also good they are still looking abroad as well. It’s better to look at all markets. I just get sceptical at our recruitment teams judgment of the standards of foreign players.

Shoot to Thrill

More chance of Ianikolas Woannou

Massive Member

Is this the same bloke who played Jamie Lannister in game of thrones?

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Nigel Clough

To be fair Emmo, after reading your 500 opinions on every player we have, or have been linked to, I'm not sure you have a clue about our 'style' or what we are actually looking for.

Viv Anderson

I am very sceptical about this signing.
    Well, there's a surprise Emmo

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by GandalfTheRed View Post
    To be fair Emmo, after reading your 500 opinions on every player we have, or have been linked to, I'm not sure you have a clue about our 'style' or what we are actually looking for.
    So what do you think the style is? How do you think we will score a few more goals? I would be interested to see what you feel. I think we need players who travel and are quick on the wings because we sit deep and we collect the ball to attack teams midway in our own half. It is then a logical step to say that we need pace on the sides, this is why Lamouchi wanted Diakhaby. I would be interested to see what you feel the style is at least I have some logical though about it. I havent plucked this from mid air.

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    Well, there's a surprise Emmo
    Can you blame me? Our hit rate of signings isnt great but to be fair we are probably due a dud after 3 decent free transfers.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    More chance of Ianikolas Woannou

When I read that surname that's all I see "Ian Woanou"