Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Nikolas Ioannou

Default Re: Nikolas Ioannou

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Sinister View Post
    The obligatory caution about YouTube highlight videos has to exercised.
    Cypriot football is nowhere the level of Championship football.
    However, he started off at ManUre so should have some awareness of what footie is like in England.
    Absolutely, Think you have to watch the player in isolation, away from the standard. Look at touch, mobility, speed, control over the ball, movement... Rather than how easily he slices through the opposition from deep, scores from LB... etc

He has also played in the Europe group stages so good experience there.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Impressive member

Quote Originally Posted by Strummer View Post
    Lenin likes this post.
    Neil?

Sent from my SM-A920F using Tapatalk

Last edited by Cortez the Killer; 15-08-20 at 14:36.

Upper Decker

John?

THE TRUTH IS THERE AND WITH IT I GO TO THE END OF THE WORLD .

Viv Anderson

Aaron?

Shoot to Thrill

Bed?

Wally Ardron

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    Bed?
    You have to be Northern Irish to know what “bed Lenin” is.

First Team

I suppose this one's off now that you signed a player also playing both as LB and as CB.

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post
    I suppose this one's off now that you signed a player also playing both as LB and as CB.
    The report seemed to say that developments came in late on Friday. So it doesn't look like it.

Basically Blackett and Ioannou replace Robinson/Chema ?

Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post
    Nick'm'on'a Loan-now perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy View Post
    The report seemed to say that developments came in late on Friday. So it doesn't look like it.

Basically Blackett and Ioannou replace Robinson/Chema ?
    My thoughts are 1 of 3.

- Yuri is going and we'll have Blackett and Ioannou for it

- One is seen as a CB for us and the other LB to compete with Yuri

- We want to have 3-5-2 as an option for us

Nigel Clough

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Stone's Mullet View Post
    My thoughts are 1 of 3.

- Yuri is going and we'll have Blackett and Ioannou for it

- One is seen as a CB for us and the other LB to compete with Yuri

- We want to have 3-5-2 as an option for us
    I doubt either Blackett or Ioannou as seen as replacements for Ribeiro; the former is more of a centre back than a left back and the latter would probably take a while to adjust to this league (given the gulf in quality between the Championship and the league he currently plays in).

Nigel Clough

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
    I doubt either Blackett or Ioannou as seen as replacements for Ribeiro; the former is more of a centre back than a left back and the latter would probably take a while to adjust to this league (given the gulf in quality between the Championship and the league he currently plays in).
    I wouldn’t be so sure about Ioannou needing time to adapt. The top Cypriot teams didn’t really disgrace themselves in the Champions League last few years and he’s used to English football having grown up here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You maybe right. Although didn't Blackett play LB mostly for Reading last season? Yuri had to pretty much slot right in too, as Robinson was pony prior to his departure.

I hope he isn't going. It's just one idea based off the notion mentioned somewhere that Mendes was removing his clients from here and Oly.

Quote Originally Posted by RealRed85 View Post
    I wouldn’t be so sure about Ioannou needing time to adapt. The top Cypriot teams didn’t really disgrace themselves in the Champions League last few years and he’s used to English football having grown up here

He is half-English, so I don't think it would be a culture shock for him, taking his Man Utd education into consideration.

Nigel Clough

Playing for Man United's youth team and the odd European game once in a blue moon is a world away from playing regular first team football at a decent level.

He might end up being a great player for us for all I know, but I think it's very optimistic to think he'd come here and slot in as Yuri's replacement straight away.

Playing for Man United's youth team and the odd European game once in a blue moon is a world away from playing regular first team football at a decent level.

He might end up being a great player for us for all I know, but I think it's very optimistic to think he'd come here and slot in as Yuri's replacement straight away.
    I'm not suggesting for a second he'd come here and be at Yuri's standard. But players do get signed and chucked straight in, regardless of where they've come from.

He may even be seen as a CB here if he comes.

Just speculating mate

Best served cold

Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy View Post
    This looks to be happening : https://themasports.tothemaonline.co...-toy-marinaki/

Nottingham is approaching N. Ioannou

“Extreme defender.”

"I've been blessed with many things in this life: an arm like a damn rocket, a c**k like a burmese python, and the mind of a f**king scientist" - Kenny Powers

Nigel Clough

I'm not suggesting for a second he'd come here and be at Yuri's standard. But players do get signed and chucked straight in, regardless of where they've come from.

He may even be seen as a CB here if he comes.

Just speculating mate
    He sounds like an interesting player and I hope we sign him (our record at signing defensive players from abroad is solid after all), neither he or Blackett strike me as starters for the coming season though.

He sounds like an interesting player and I hope we sign him (our record at signing defensive players from abroad is solid after all), neither he or Blackett strike me as starters for the coming season though.
    I have no idea what our focus is, whether it's wanting cover at LB and a left-footed CB, or if we do want to go 3-5-2 at times, or maybe even someone would be leaving. But I like the notion we might sign players now, who can grow into the side and be afforded time to dip in when we need them and be ready to go should someone leave.

Sadly Chema wanted to go home, because I think he's someone who, if an injury struck Toby, would have slotted in alongside Worrall, and probably not have given his spot up.

Hopefully that's something that can happen with these lads.

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Sinister View Post
    The obligatory caution about YouTube highlight videos has to exercised.
    Cypriot football is nowhere the level of Championship football.
    However, he started off at ManUre so should have some awareness of what footie is like in England.
    Apoel regularly qualify for the CL group stages & reached the Qtr final a few years ago

Nigel Clough

Yuri had only played 25 games in the Portuguese top flight before he came here, with a further 47 for Benfica B in the second tier, and he was pitched in pretty early here

Viv Anderson

https://www.kerkida.net/eidiseis/a-k...-na-ypograpsei

Since when is Dawson retiring ? A bit odd.

Typical is the reference to a Twitter account with news for Nottingham Forest where it is noted that the Cypriot international will be a very good stopper of the team and now 36-year-old Michael Dawson will retire, a player with a full career and a long career especially at Tottenham.

However, there are many who insist that the deal will be made and in fact very soon NIK will sign for the English team.

Is that meant to be his signature? Looks a bit superimposed on the first one. Although who'd go to those lengths...

Wonder if that's just wrong information on Dawson? Unless they know something we don't and he's decided he doesn't want to go through pre-season... etc and have a season of mostly being on the bench? Could do some coaching instead and his SSN stuff?

Viv Anderson

Is that meant to be his signature? Looks a bit superimposed on the first one. Although who'd go to those lengths...

Wonder if that's just wrong information on Dawson? Unless they know something we don't and he's decided he doesn't want to go through pre-season... etc and have a season of mostly being on the bench? Could do some coaching instead and his SSN stuff?
    I was hoping one of you lads would give a clearer picture on that signature. Why include it if it isn't ?

Just would seem so strange to sign the deal and then retire. Might as well stick around as 5th choice and mainly coach. This is the part that makes me doubt this.

First Team

i imagine dawson could take a more backroom role this seasson ,learning from, sabri.