Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Crowds to return?

Flouncing Member

Default Re: Crowds to return?

Quote Originally Posted by Strummer View Post
    I suppose it depends on the capacity allowed?

When I went to watch VfB in October, when crowds were briefly allowed in Germany before the country‘s second lockdown, capacity was limited to 9.500 hardy souls in an Arena that normally can hold up to 60.000 and I had an entire row of 20 seats in a block to myself and one other fan sat about ten seats away.
    A stadium of weird bald headed men with their chipolata cocks out?

*shudders*

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Red til I'm dead

Quote Originally Posted by Strummer View Post
    I suppose it depends on the capacity allowed?

When I went to watch VfB in October, when crowds were briefly allowed in Germany before the country‘s second lockdown, capacity was limited to 9.500 hardy souls in an Arena that normally can hold up to 60.000 and I had an entire row of 20 seats in a block to myself and one other fan sat about ten seats away.
    You must’ve felt like a Notts fan with all that space around you.

Apart from the bigger crowd.

And the bigger stadium.

And the fact you were watching professional football.

On second thoughts, not sure where I was going with that.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RealRed85 View Post
    Agreed. Would save the club money too, because we’d only have to open the BC stand....
    I'd still prefer my normal seat in the Taylor Stand Codgers-section RR.

Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    I'd still prefer my normal seat in the Taylor Stand Codgers-section RR.
    I heard the seats in there had a urinal plumbed into the back of the seat in front...

Quote Originally Posted by Statto View Post
    I heard the seats in there had a urinal plumbed into the back of the seat in front...
    Better than that, I can confirm that the seats have been converted into fixed commodes.

Better than that, I can confirm that the seats have been converted into fixed commodes.
    oh shit

I don't see why myself and my fellow-over-70s (along with health and care workers et al) with appropriate proof of vaccination, shouldn't be allowed to return before March, assuming the roll-out remains on course?
    That might just cause some issues with folk demanding to jump the queue. Pretty certain it would create a black market for vaccines. For the same reason they can't be seen to lift travel restrictions specially for those who have had the vaccine.

Quote Originally Posted by Berkshire Red View Post
    That might just cause some issues with folk demanding to jump the queue. Pretty certain it would create a black market for vaccines. For the same reason they can't be seen to lift travel restrictions specially for those who have had the vaccine.
    I understand the point you make, but I can't visualise how a vaccine "black market" could occur, other than the widespread theft of older people's identities in order to somehow jump-the-queue. Particularly if we have to wait to be invited.

Warp Speed Chic

I understand the point you make, but I can't visualise how a vaccine "black market" could occur, other than the widespread theft of older people's identities in order to somehow jump-the-queue. Particularly if we have to wait to be invited.
    Me, Carlos, Zeus and Harvey all dressing up as you, Rockabilly, Bryn n Wes to get the vaccine

Massive Member

Quote Originally Posted by Freddie View Post
    Me, Carlos, Zeus and Harvey all dressing up as you, Rockabilly, Bryn n Wes to get the vaccine
    Bagsy not Wes!

Good luck with trying to replicate my grizzled good looks Freddie!

Warp Speed Chic

Good luck with trying to replicate my grizzled good looks Freddie!
    I'll have to leave that to Zeus or Harv, I'm getting some cock grease to try and match up with Rocks instead

Massive Member

I'll have to leave that to Zeus or Harv, I'm getting some cock grease to try and match up with Rocks instead
    I'll stick with rugged good looks and a Raleigh chopper to get to the games then.

It'd effectively be age discrimination to allow only vaccinated people in right now... No-one will be doing anything like that for at least several months. I'm not even sure there's a vaccine approved for little kids yet.

Just for the record, for those that don't know... 'Cock Grease' is a brand of hair pomade.

The Foam Hand

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
    I'll stick with rugged good looks and a Raleigh chopper to get to the games then.
    Don’t forget the pipe

It'd effectively be age discrimination to allow only vaccinated people in right now... No-one will be doing anything like that for at least several months. I'm not even sure there's a vaccine approved for little kids yet.
    I fully appreciate the irony of an age discrimination accusation actually being aimed at older fans Statto.

You're never too old to learn. Looking through the 'cast' list of "Rock Around the Clock" (showing today on TV) I noticed the Ernie Freeman Combo. Never heard of them, so I looked them up in my Virgin Book of Fifties Music.

Ernie was a distinguished session musician, played with Bee Bumble and the Stingers and was music director of Reprise records (started by Frank Sinatra) for 10 years.

You're never too old to learn

Quote Originally Posted by valspoodle View Post
    You're never too old to learn. Looking through the 'cast' list of "Rock Around the Clock" (showing today on TV) I noticed the Ernie Freeman Combo. Never heard of them, so I looked them up in my Virgin Book of Fifties Music.

Ernie was a distinguished session musician, played with Bee Bumble and the Stingers and was music director of Reprise records (started by Frank Sinatra) for 10 years.

You're never too old to learn
    Bee Bumble and the Stingers, top hit 'Nut Rocker' became a Forest Trent End chant for a while, "We went to Europe and won the cup twice".

I doubt there will need to be one as it rarely effects kids.

Just a point in general, it will give people something to look forward too. It would be a dream if we can get a full crowd back in by next season (I may be living in a dream world for that), but even just the last few games of this season would be amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by rockabilly View Post
    Bee Bumble and the Stingers, top hit 'Nut Rocker' became a Forest Trent End chant for a while, "We went to Europe and won the cup twice".
    Ernie didn't play on Nut Rocker.

I reckon that the vaccines will take so long to get done, don't forget that after 12 weeks they have to go back and give the 15 million their second dose as well as trying to do the rest, that we will be lucky to see crowds coming back even next season in any number.

Quote Originally Posted by valspoodle View Post
    I reckon that the vaccines will take so long to get done, don't forget that after 12 weeks they have to go back and give the 15 million their second dose as well as trying to do the rest, that we will be lucky to see crowds coming back even next season in any number.
    Unfortunately I think you're right. And with the talk of restrictions each and every winter I'm not sure what a football season will look like for a very long time. Now the scientists are running the show we'll have to watch a summer sport.

I think it depends what the hospitals look like. It may look bad now, but if we get out of this wave say by March, and the majority of the population is vaccinated then it could look very good by August/September.