Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Crowds to return?

Ian Storey-Moore

Default Re: Crowds to return?

I suggest letting those fans back with even seat number season cards first, then let those weirdos with odd seat numbers join later

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1

*Flaggers' dad dislikes this post*

By "relegation battle", do you mean 7th, 12th or 14th?

Quote Originally Posted by willojack View Post
    flagman do me a f***ing favour remove me from this forum

It's all about mid-table...

Quote Originally Posted by Francis Benali (on loan) View Post
    As capacities will be restricted, Forest should invite only the positive supporters back in initially.

Try to get off to a flyer, before the glass half empty brigade can return and screw the season up.
    Ad bi last in

Wally Ardron

As capacities will be restricted, Forest should invite only the positive supporters back in initially.
    Continue with empty stadium then ?

Ian Storey-Moore

Millwall have outlined their plan for the whole of next season. They're limiting their capacity at 5994 (30%) with no away fans. They have already sold 2500 season tickets so they can attend every home game with other fans getting to attend on a rota basis.

Presuming we have a capacity of around 9000 next season, will we run a similar aystem.?

Youth Team

It will certainly be below 10k, Forest's problem is they've already sold considerably more season tickets than the maximum allowed capacity is going to be..

Ian Storey-Moore

Have we though? Does anybody know how many season tickets we have actually sold?

The Foam Hand

Quote Originally Posted by Loughborough_red View Post
    Have we though? Does anybody know how many season tickets we have actually sold?
    I don’t know the figure but with them going on sale and the main stand rebuild being proposed, plus being in the playoff positions, I imagine it would be more than 10k.

If that is the case they should offer options like a full refund, part refund, or donate the money of games you can’t attend (if they do it on a rota) to the academy.
    I’d be happy to take a full refund at this point. Going to watch Forest with under 10k in the stadium doesn’t do it for me.

Last edited by Bryn Gunn; 09-08-20 at 11:03.

Clubs will be nervous as fuk including us, the fans are still the lifeblood for almost all.

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Loughborough_red View Post
    Millwall have outlined their plan for the whole of next season. They're limiting their capacity at 5994 (30%) with no away fans. They have already sold 2500 season tickets so they can attend every home game with other fans getting to attend on a rota basis.

Presuming we have a capacity of around 9000 next season, will we run a similar aystem.?
    You will barely notice at Millwall. They can’t get much more than that now if you take away the away figure.

Having said that when I have been there most of their fans seem to go to stare out the away fans and gesticulate at them will any actually attend if they can only watch the football?

Francis Benali (on loan)

The Oval has a capacity of 25k, and for their first go at allowing a crowd back they alowed 1k through the gates. That was declared a success operationally. For the next test it was going to be 2.5k before the tests were abandoned. Those maximum allowances were set above their heads, but it would seem sensible that when the time comes to football clubs to start inviting fans back in to start very low.

If the government set a maximum of 20% of capacity for example, Forest should not being trying to get in 6k straight up just because they have more season ticket holders than that. It's a lot easier generally to manoeuvre spectators around a cricket ground between stands, and there's a lot more room around the back of the Oval. Every stadium, and every stadium within them, will be different challenge. Same goes for the surrounding areas. Maybe access to the Brian Clough from the river path needs to be closed off because you can't have too many filing out that way. All that stuff needs to be figured out with a low figure initially. First game fans allowed back into the City Ground, something like 2k fans as maximum figure seems sensible. They can get to grips with how that works at the CG first.

Last edited by Francis Benali (on loan); 10-08-20 at 16:01.

Be very interesting if sides can have home crowds and no away crowds.

Francis Benali (on loan)

I'd have thought away fans in grounds are a long way off.

Apart from the season ticket holders being locked out already issue, they don't really want to encourage people to pile on to trains, into coaches and start car pooling to travel around the country watching a football matches.

It'll be late eighties Kenilworth Road everywhere.

Good.

Francis Benali (on loan)

Kenilworth Road?

Never been.

Still seems to have a clubhouse/social club for a stand.

Where's me hammer?

Kenilworth Road?

Never been.

Still seems to have a clubhouse/social club for a stand.
    We went in the late 80s as my uncles work had a depot down there so he got someone to get us tickets. A 1-1 thriller on the plastic pitch.

Sent from my SM-J415FN using Tapatalk

The Foam Hand

The Oval has a capacity of 25k, and for their first go at allowing a crowd back they alowed 1k through the gates. That was declared a success operationally. For the next test it was going to be 2.5k before the tests were abandoned. Those maximum allowances were set above their heads, but it would seem sensible that when the time comes to football clubs to start inviting fans back in to start very low.

If the government set a maximum of 20% of capacity for example, Forest should not being trying to get in 6k straight up just because they have more season ticket holders than that. It's a lot easier generally to manoeuvre spectators around a cricket ground between stands, and there's a lot more room around the back of the Oval. Every stadium, and every stadium within them, will be different challenge. Same goes for the surrounding areas. Maybe access to the Brian Clough from the river path needs to be closed off because you can't have too many filing out that way. All that stuff needs to be figured out with a low figure initially. First game fans allowed back into the City Ground, something like 2k fans as maximum figure seems sensible. They can get to grips with how that works at the CG first.
    Was thinking the other day we’ve got one of the worst stadiums regarding access points (two bridges from the city side) and the old concourses are also cramped wind tunnels.

MK Dons stadium by comparison has huge spacious concourses.

I think it will be some time before we see full capacity, maybe the 2021/22 season.

The Foam Hand

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    We went in the late 80s as my uncles work had a depot down there so he got someone to get us tickets. A 1-1 thriller on the plastic pitch.

Brian Stein, Ricky Hill, Mick Harford, jumpers for goalposts...

Where's me hammer?

Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post
    Les Seeley, Ashley Grimes

Francis Benali (on loan)

Was thinking the other day we’ve got one of the worst stadiums regarding access points (two bridges from the city side) and the old concourses are also cramped wind tunnels.

MK Dons stadium by comparison has huge spacious concourses.

I think it will be some time before we see full capacity, maybe the 2021/22 season.
    Usually you say Adams Park is not really up to Championship standard, but because of it's terrace it'll be one of the better ones for social distancing.

Last edited by Francis Benali (on loan); 10-08-20 at 18:19.

Whoopee doo.

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Les Seeley, Ashley Grimes

Lars Elstrup. The only man quicker than Des Walker!

Viv Anderson

It is good news that fans are being allowed into some sports.
    Really need to get fans for non-league clubs in otherwise they won't survive a full season. If all goes to plan then maybe we can get a half full City Ground by Christmas and a full one by Spring 2021.

I can't wait to get back.

Viv Anderson

Like A Level results and other controversial acts during the pandemic, who gets a ticket will be a decision surrounded by argument, derision and concern.

Youth Team

There's a decent piece on The Athletic this morning about fans potential return: https://theathletic.com/1996223/2020...oject-restart/

This is the key bit about determining the number of fans:

Stadium capacities

It is hoped most clubs will be able to operate with capacities of about 30 per cent of their usual maximum, but no two stadiums are the same in terms of dimensions, design and surroundings.

Some clubs, blessed with roomy concourses, wide staircases and plenty of space outside the ground itself to put in the type of temporary concession stands and toilets you might expect to find when they are staging concerts in the off-season, will achieve that target relatively easily, and may even be able to fit a few more in than that figure.

Premier League clubs such as Brighton & Hove Albion, Manchester City and Tottenham Hotspur will be confident their grounds are in this category.

Others whose grounds have tight corners, pinch points and close neighbours might struggle to go much higher than 20 per cent, at which point some may have a financial viability issue, particularly those further down the league pyramid. Top-flight clubs Crystal Palace, Everton and Newcastle United should not have that concern, but might not reach the 30 per cent mark under the current guidelines.

Maintaining social distancing once supporters are actually seated is the easy bit.

Each individual, pair or small group of fans will be spaced out around each block of seats to ensure there is at least a metre between them. How each club will configure this will depend on the dimensions of their seats, rows and gangways. Some may have to leave alternate rows empty.

In line with the general rules, fans from the same household will be able to sit together, as will groups of up to six people from two different households. Larger groups will lead to fewer “killed” seats but engineering this will not be easy and clubs will not be able to discriminate against fans who want to sit on their own or with one or two others.

But the major considerations for each ground’s new capacity will be how fans travel to it, how they then get to their seats, how they move around inside the stadium and what happens when they are leaving it.

It is telling that one of the first pieces of advice the SGSA put out was to tell clubs to save their pre-lockdown CCTV footage. The more clubs know about how and when their fans arrive at the stadium, the better. There is no point drawing up clever plans to keep people apart for the two hours or so they are on the premises if no thought is given to what happens outside the gates. This is where the clubs will work closely with their safety advisory groups (SAGs), which help local authorities decide if grounds are safe or not.

Some clubs will likely have to assign arrival times to avoid overloading local buses and trains, crowding at the gates and congestion on the concourses, with fans also being held back after the final whistle to allow for an orderly exit. The leagues are also talking to clubs about park-and-walk schemes and even temporary bike sheds.

All of the factors mentioned above will go into each club’s capacity calculation, and that is before we even mention the possibility of local lockdowns or second waves.

That said, the success of Project Restart and the gradual reopening of the wider economy suggest that whatever number is agreed for the first few games with fans could increase as next season progresses.