Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mbaye Diagne

Default Re: Mbaye Diagne

Looks like a big strong lad, has a good scoring record, decent age.

Don't mind us taking a gamble.

We definitely do need a few more athlete types in the squad. Hopefully we strike rich on a few.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Probably wank
    Quite possibly, but an overall scoring record of more than one-in-two also suggest he might have something?

Shoot to Thrill

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Probably wank
    I'd rather hear your opinion on Mbaye than your plans for the day

Last edited by Harvey; 09-05-20 at 15:10.

Where's me hammer?

Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    I'd rather hear your opinion on Mbaye than your plans for the day
    I think I'd love a day of wanking.... lucky to have a quick shit here without someone barging in these days.

Sent from my SM-J415FN using Tapatalk

Wally Ardron

I'm not sure Forest had the money available to fund this type of business, even before the lockdown.

By my reckoning, there's around £5m worth of wages coming off the wage bill as contracts end this summer (assuming no further contract extensions are offered) and I'd expect only a portion of that to be available for acquisitions.

Sam Cosgrove from Aberdeen is a more realistic target. He'd give us more physicality up front without breaking the bank and has something to prove at a higher level.

Wally Ardron

Quote Originally Posted by Green Jumper View Post
    I'm not sure Forest had the money available to fund this type of business, even before the lockdown.

By my reckoning, there's around £5m worth of wages coming off the wage bill as contracts end this summer (assuming no further contract extensions are offered) and I'd expect only a portion of that to be available for acquisitions.

Sam Cosgrove from Aberdeen is a more realistic target. He'd give us more physicality up front without breaking the bank and has something to prove at a higher level.
    The thing is if we get this guy I think it would mean at least cash going in the other direction and maybe worral aswell. Also matter how we are going to set up next season, if were gonna stick with the 451, I wouldn't sacrifice worral and cash for this geezer but if were open to playing something like a 352 I would be more open to it

Quote Originally Posted by Harry1982 View Post
    The thing is if we get this guy I think it would mean at least cash going in the other direction and maybe worral aswell. Also matter how we are going to set up next season, if were gonna stick with the 451, I wouldn't sacrifice worral and cash for this geezer but if were open to playing something like a 352 I would be more open to it
    I'm not sure it would be a case of 'we're selling Cash to make purchases'. I suspect it's more likely, we're forced to sell Cash, should it occur.

He is an ambitious young lad, if we don't go up, he will want to be in the Prem next season. Player power dictates.

First Team

He scored 12 penalties in 18/19 and missed 5.

17 penalties in a season must be some sort of record.

It's all about mid-table...

Bout as good as Grabbz.

Cluffy wunt uv ed them tekkin penos !

Ian Storey-Moore

Quote Originally Posted by MXJ View Post
    There’s a man in a turtleneck outside, with a bottle of red wine, ready to talk about getting the best out of his players
    I'll tek a glass

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Viv Anderson

This fella is trouble. Just reading through some of the articles this week. Now Watford are going to sign him.

I reckon his wages would be too much for us if we stayed in this division and would we even want him if we got promoted ?

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy View Post
    This fella is trouble. Just reading through some of the articles this week. Now Watford are going to sign him.

I reckon his wages would be too much for us if we stayed in this division and would we even want him if we got promoted ?
    You don’t get loaned out as many times as he has, with the goal scoring record he has, if you’re not a bit of a melon.

Looks like teams look at him on paper and think sold, then get him and move him on ASAP.

Viv Anderson

I think we would all prefer Jota.

Ian Storey-Moore

Quote Originally Posted by Green Jumper View Post

I'd be very pleased with raiding Aberdeen for Cosgrove and McKenna. Hope we have an interest.

It's all about mid-table...

Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy View Post

Pearson will soon knock him into shape.

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by It's Baggio View Post
    He scored 12 penalties in 18/19 and missed 5.

17 penalties in a season must be some sort of record.
    Sounds like the season jack Lester played for sheff Utd

Viv Anderson

File this one under for the best he doesn't come : https://www.theguardian.com/football...tingham-forest

First Team

controversial and self centered but aren't all our greatest strikers in the last 30 years like collymore and pvh in the same vein.

Viv Anderson

Plenty other more cost effective and reliable fish in the sea I would imagine.

Nigel Clough

I doubt we'll spend big money on anyone this summer, and if we did I'd be very disappointed if we squandered that money on a second choice striker before addressing the problems in midfield and signing a quality winger.

I'd still like to see us go back for Ibrahim Sissoko, particularly if we stay in the Championship.

He's a big athletic lad, decent scoring record but a bit of a rough diamond, so would compete with Grabban, but also not someone of great expense meaning one of Grabban/new guy would kick off if they don't start.

If the Diagne rumour is true, however, makes you wonder if Grabban would be destined for pastures new? Because that would be so much money fighting for one spot, and Grabban we know has an ego and wants to be the main man (understandably).

Nigel Clough

If it's a choice between the two, I'd rather keep a proven goalscorer in Grabban than gamble on this chap.

Wally Ardron

I'd let Leeds have a free run at Diagne.

We'll likely have minimal funds available, so giving Nuno da Costa his chance looks a better option to me

First Team

http://sportwitness.co.uk/nottingham...-leeds-united/

Not sure if this the same rumour being recycled or if it’s legit this time

Shoot to Thrill

More chance of a steak Diane