Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 89
  1. #51

    Default Re: Your Fave Games & Opinions/Reviews

    Batman - MEGADRIVE



    Firstly, the music. Fuck me this is some absolutely banging, rocking stuff. Choca full of of powerful, melodic dancy booms and beats, bar the odd tune it's pretty much none-stop quality from start to finish. The graphics are smart, well sized and sexy, and there's more than enough nods to the movie to call it a genuine film tie-in too.

    The action is a fast paced, simple-but-effect platform-beat-em-up affair, and everything feels so crunchy & good too. And the real cherry on the top is the level design & variation, with batmobile & batwing setctions breaking the game up very nicely.

    It's easy and there's not much to see once you've finished it, but for those 30-60 min it's an absolute blast. It's like going to a great party, meeting a beautiful woman, having an amazing 30-60min fuck with her then off home to bed. You won't fall for it like you would something with far more soul such as a classic RPG, but for that short space in time it's magic.

    5/5


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many

  3. #52

    Default Re: Your Fave Games & Opinions/Reviews

    Chrono Trigger - SNES




    For those of you who know your RPG history, this is widely hailed as one of the greatest of all time, and often comes in the top 10 of many a list on the tinterwank. Been a good 20-odd years since I played this one. Remember absolutely loving it, but feeling as if it ended quite abruptly originally. I started playing it around a month ago, so here we are now.

    And I gotta say, I'm disapointed by it. In fact, you know what I am by it? Bored. Fucking bored. It's a decent if not good game, I like it, it's charming, has great music, has some really nice fine-tuned elements etc. but.......it just gets boring quickly.

    The first 1/3rd of the game I quite enjoyed. It was paced well, and there's no doubt that overall the game does loads right. But the whole thing seems to get really padded out around the half way point. Combat especiallly feels so easy, repetitive & pointless that soon each battle begins to grate. Which is a shame because the ideas behind the combat such as attcking enemies all in a line with Slash are theoretically good, but the opportunities to make the most of such skills rarely appear, so you're often just left mashing attack knowing you'll win easily anyway.

    I gave up around 2/3rds of the way through. It started to really feel like a chore and with each playthrough more & more annoyances became predominant. Still I had some fun with it, and it's that type of RPG that will be ideal for getting young kids into the genre, so kudos there.

    3/5


  4. #53
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Wrocław, Poland
    Posts
    2,173

    Default Re: Your Fave Games & Opinions/Reviews

    Disco Elysium.
    For me, the best game ever, came out of nowhere, I bought it because I love isometric RPGs, but never expected anything like this.
    You wake up and you know nothing, who you are, where you are, you don't even really know how the world works around you, simple concepts like money are something you need to have explained to you, your hangover is so terrible you can die just reaching for your tie if you're unlucky.
    And then it gets more and more interesting with every talk because talking is what gets the world going.
    This game is about reading, reading and reading and you don't get bored even for a second. Your emotions, your thoughts, your fears, hopes, delusions speak to you and you can use them to interact with the world around you.
    And the world around, well, what about some dystopian end of the world where the corporations rule everything and everyone, people live in poverty, work is a privilege, it's a LITTLE worse than 2020.
    Your choices when creating your character really, really matter even though there's not much to choose from. And at some point you don't even know if you hate, pity or like your character but you don't want to quit.
    For someone who loves his games to be played slowly, who enjoys meeting people and getting to know their stories, who loves total immersion in games this jewel is a gift from gods.


  5. #54

    Default Re: Your Fave Games & Opinions/Reviews

    Quote Originally Posted by klinsi View Post
    Disco Elysium.
    For me, the best game ever, came out of nowhere, I bought it because I love isometric RPGs, but never expected anything like this.
    You wake up and you know nothing, who you are, where you are, you don't even really know how the world works around you, simple concepts like money are something you need to have explained to you, your hangover is so terrible you can die just reaching for your tie if you're unlucky.
    And then it gets more and more interesting with every talk because talking is what gets the world going.
    This game is about reading, reading and reading and you don't get bored even for a second. Your emotions, your thoughts, your fears, hopes, delusions speak to you and you can use them to interact with the world around you.
    And the world around, well, what about some dystopian end of the world where the corporations rule everything and everyone, people live in poverty, work is a privilege, it's a LITTLE worse than 2020.
    Your choices when creating your character really, really matter even though there's not much to choose from. And at some point you don't even know if you hate, pity or like your character but you don't want to quit.
    For someone who loves his games to be played slowly, who enjoys meeting people and getting to know their stories, who loves total immersion in games this jewel is a gift from gods.
    You ever play Planetscpae: Torment or Tides of Numera mate?


  6. #55

    Default Re: Your Fave Games & Opinions/Reviews

    California Games - Master System



    I used to fucking love this as a kid. I was fucking brilliant on it, and could thrash all my mates hitting nearly perfect scores all the time. Be very interesting to see how both it & I fared now.

    Well first of all, I've become pretty wank. Not dire, I could still hold my own against a beginner & I managed a few respectable scores, but I was about 25% of the player I used to be. As for the game itself it's still not bad actually. There are definitely stronger conversions of it that's for sure, the 16-bit Megadrive version for starters, but it still has a nice mix of pick up and play fun plus a good chunk of variety.

    There's a plethora of events to compete in, all very different to the next, from Surfing to Skating to Hacky Sack, and there'll be at least some that you enjoy & warm to, if not all of them. As with most games of this ilk, certain events are obviously more fun than others, and a lot of the time it's down to personal preference. It also contains the Frisbee events, which some conversions don't.

    I don't know why anyone would choose this version over one of the better ones, but even if you did you'd still have a decent giggle.

    :3/5:


  7. #56
    Where's me hammer?
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    52,032

    Default Re: Your Fave Games & Opinions/Reviews

    Quote Originally Posted by Alf-aSemedoBlueJeans&Chinos View Post
    California Games - Master System



    I used to fucking love this as a kid. I was fucking brilliant on it, and could thrash all my mates hitting nearly perfect scores all the time. Be very interesting to see how both it & I fared now.

    Well first of all, I've become pretty wank. Not dire, I could still hold my own against a beginner & I managed a few respectable scores, but I was about 25% of the player I used to be. As for the game itself it's still not bad actually. There are definitely stronger conversions of it that's for sure, the 16-bit Megadrive version for starters, but it still has a nice mix of pick up and play fun plus a good chunk of variety.

    There's a plethora of events to compete in, all very different to the next, from Surfing to Skating to Hacky Sack, and there'll be at least some that you enjoy & warm to, if not all of them. As with most games of this ilk, certain events are obviously more fun than others, and a lot of the time it's down to personal preference. It also contains the Frisbee events, which some conversions don't.

    I don't know why anyone would choose this version over one of the better ones, but even if you did you'd still have a decent giggle.

    :3/5:
    Harsh scoring by a point there for me mate, for a master system game those graphics and game play were top drawer.

    Hardest for me was surfing.... but other than that a pick up and play you looked forward to playing.


    Sent from my SM-J415FN using Tapatalk


  8. #57
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    26,774

    Default Re: Your Fave Games & Opinions/Reviews

    Footbag was by far the most fun and surfing when I eventually worked out how to do it. I found the skateboarding impossible and bmx and roller skating frustrating. International Track & Field was that game of my time I suppose... pure button bashing chaos.


  9. #58
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Wrocław, Poland
    Posts
    2,173

    Default Re: Your Fave Games & Opinions/Reviews

    Quote Originally Posted by Alf-aSemedoBlueJeans&Chinos View Post
    You ever play Planetscpae: Torment or Tides of Numera mate?
    Of course When it came out in the 90s, still playing Torment from time to time - and I really think DE is better (although just merginally). Trying to find some love in me for Numera but not yet there.
    I love all Infinity enginge based games (BG 1 and 2, IWD 1 and 2, PST, both Fallouts). From more recent titles, I guess Pillars of Eternity are also great, PoE 2 were quite good too.


  10. #59

    Default Re: Your Fave Games & Opinions/Reviews

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Harsh scoring by a point there for me mate, for a master system game those graphics and game play were top drawer.

    Hardest for me was surfing.... but other than that a pick up and play you looked forward to playing.


    Sent from my SM-J415FN using Tapatalk
    Still think it's OK, just that the better conversions make a real difference. I see 3/5 as above average still, and worth playing.

    Quote Originally Posted by klinsi View Post
    Of course When it came out in the 90s, still playing Torment from time to time - and I really think DE is better (although just merginally). Trying to find some love in me for Numera but not yet there.
    I love all Infinity enginge based games (BG 1 and 2, IWD 1 and 2, PST, both Fallouts). From more recent titles, I guess Pillars of Eternity are also great, PoE 2 were quite good too.
    Yeah, I've heard a lot about DE but I'm not really one for having to do THAT much reading tbh. I struggled with PS:T because of the amount of reading involved, even though it's clearly a top game. I prefer the more balanced games such as BG2 & Tyranny.

    You ever posted on "RPG Codex"? Not been there long misen, but they are hot for ALL that stuff.


  11. #60

    Default Re: Your Fave Games & Opinions/Reviews

    Ghostbusters - Master System



    Massive on the nostalgia factor this one. Xmas 1989 and I'd spent 3 months spunking my pants in anticipation of the Master System arriving to upgrade my BBC Micro. Bundled with the system was Hang On, Safari Hunt, and a wank hidden little snail maze game. All fun enough, but the main game I got with it as a separate purchase was Ghostbusters. I spent pretty much all day from opening the pressie until bed time playing the hell out of all the games, but with Ghostbusters seeing a good 70% of that gaming time. It drove mi mam fucking mad. See the game opens with the Master System's best effort at recreating the Ghostbusters theme tune, but that's it, that's the only track you get, and It's played over & over & over & over. The perfect game to drive your parents nuts.

    So how does it fare now? I don't know how much the nostalgia factor is influencing me, but I still enjoyed it. It's a strange game that's for sure, simply because it combines so many unusual gameplay elements, and doesn't do any of them particularly well tbh. It's a racer with crap racing sections, it's a shooter where the shooting sections are really simple, it's even got strategic elements regards slowing ghosts down + navigating the map & planning routes. Individually most are a bit pap in all honesty, but the strange mix of elements all blend together well enough to create something greater than the sum of it's parts, because you're constantly engaged & feeling pressured to stay on top of things. It's a bit like seeing Simon Cox & Matt Derbyshire leading the line in a playoff charge, shouldn't work but in the right context it does.

    It is a relief when you finally just get to zap some ghosts in the last 2 stages, and it's a shame that those 2 levels couldn't have seen an inclusion in the main game. I'd have loved for there to have been that extra bit of variety when busting ghosts, & have had it switch from trapping them to just blasting them much like the stairway level. But it still manages to create a real nice sense of pressure as you race against time & ghosts to build & keep enough money to enter the final stages. It's actually a very clever game for an 8-bit console, and it's no wonder a 10 year old kid would think it good.

    There's not much to return to, but constantly having to be on your toes and having ghosts to chase is just great fun. So even though you can criticize a lot about it, it's like watching your favourite B-movie which has an edge of cleverness and ultimately bustin' made me feel good.

    :4/5:


  12. #61

    Default Re: Your Fave Games & Opinions/Reviews

    Streets of Rage 4 released, here's a review of it......




  13. #62
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,388

    Default Re: Your Fave Games & Opinions/Reviews

    I was about to post my thoughts on Streets of Rage 4, but I couldn't really find the words for it as I am a touch disappointed. It's still a good game, but there's a few niggles here and there that stop it from being amazing which can really frustrate the hell out of you, but it is still good and recommended. It's just not up to the standard of Streets of Rage 2.


  14. #63

    Default Re: Your Fave Games & Opinions/Reviews

    Quote Originally Posted by MansfieldRed View Post
    I was about to post my thoughts on Streets of Rage 4, but I couldn't really find the words for it as I am a touch disappointed. It's still a good game, but there's a few niggles here and there that stop it from being amazing which can really frustrate the hell out of you, but it is still good and recommended. It's just not up to the standard of Streets of Rage 2.
    Be interested to hear more mate. What niggles are niggling you?

    How'd you reckon it compares to the likes of SOR 1 & 3 + the likes of Final Fight & Golden Axe?


  15. #64
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,388

    Default Re: Your Fave Games & Opinions/Reviews

    I will try to put my thoughts into words. They aren't major issues though, like I said they are niggles, just quite a few of them which combine together to make the game really frustrating at times. Bear in mind I played through the first time on Normal difficulty with Blaze and that there's only one difficulty lower which is Easy.


    - I guess I will start off by saying that the difficulty curve is a little off in places. You will get very strange and unexpected difficulty spikes. The biggest example was when I got to the boss of the 6th level (I won't say who it was, spoilers and all) and I got 4-5 Game Overs against him, but then took down the bosses after it on my first try with one exception.

    - If you are solo it is really easy to get stuck in a stun lock or mid-air juggle and find it almost impossible to get out of it. The defensive moves in the past (like Blaze's back flip special) don't have the same kind of ability to get you out of trouble when being whaled on. It doesn't help that some enemies have tasers that, if it hits you, will stun you for a few seconds leaving you open.

    - The damage you take can also at times be a little unfair. I got caught at one point in a three hit mid-air juggle and when I landed I'd lost three-quarters of a full life bar. And it was just three hits.

    - There are some really frustrating enemies too. There are ones that just charge all over the place, a large cop with a taser that will just grab you before slamming you to the ground and tasing you, and lastly a cop with an energy-style riot shield who can't be hurt until you break the energy barrier (which can recharge and leaves you open to being damaged by the cop)

    - Lastly, some standard enemies and most bosses will charge up with armour frames making them impossible to be knocked down. This is equally frustrating as normally when they are in this state they are about to unleash a devastating attack on you (again, the boss on the 6th stage is the worst for this.)


    I would still recommend it though. It's still a good game and it is better than Streets of Rage 3 (even though the damage you take sometimes feels on the same level as Streets of Rage 3), and it is better than Streets of Rage. But it doesn't manage to top Streets of Rage 2. That game is still the king of the side scrolling beat-em-up. You just feel completely in control in that game. You always have some option to counter the attacks being thrown at you. Streets of Rage 4 sometimes makes you feel that you are no longer in control of the situation, that you are being swarmed and swamped. Again though, still recommended as when it is good it is really good, it's just not amazing like Streets of Rage 2 was.


  16. #65
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    6,612

    Default Re: Your Fave Games & Opinions/Reviews

    Doing a FromSoft marathon at the moment. Think i love Dark Souls 3 even more than i did before, but fuck me my opinion has changed massively for the worse on Dark Souls 2.

    Boring Bosses, Bad Movement, totally unfair enemy placement and hitboxes which are shockingly bad. Level Design is the worst in the series and the areas themselves are really boring. Every boss can be beat by just strafing to the left.



    This bloke has a really good critique of it which echoes a lot of my issues with it. I loved it the first time through kinda annoyed i played it again now as it's totally soured my opinion on it.

    2.5/5


  17. #66
    Where's me hammer?
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    52,032

    Default Re: Your Fave Games & Opinions/Reviews

    Quote Originally Posted by MansfieldRed View Post
    I will try to put my thoughts into words. They aren't major issues though, like I said they are niggles, just quite a few of them which combine together to make the game really frustrating at times. Bear in mind I played through the first time on Normal difficulty with Blaze and that there's only one difficulty lower which is Easy.


    - I guess I will start off by saying that the difficulty curve is a little off in places. You will get very strange and unexpected difficulty spikes. The biggest example was when I got to the boss of the 6th level (I won't say who it was, spoilers and all) and I got 4-5 Game Overs against him, but then took down the bosses after it on my first try with one exception.

    - If you are solo it is really easy to get stuck in a stun lock or mid-air juggle and find it almost impossible to get out of it. The defensive moves in the past (like Blaze's back flip special) don't have the same kind of ability to get you out of trouble when being whaled on. It doesn't help that some enemies have tasers that, if it hits you, will stun you for a few seconds leaving you open.

    - The damage you take can also at times be a little unfair. I got caught at one point in a three hit mid-air juggle and when I landed I'd lost three-quarters of a full life bar. And it was just three hits.

    - There are some really frustrating enemies too. There are ones that just charge all over the place, a large cop with a taser that will just grab you before slamming you to the ground and tasing you, and lastly a cop with an energy-style riot shield who can't be hurt until you break the energy barrier (which can recharge and leaves you open to being damaged by the cop)

    - Lastly, some standard enemies and most bosses will charge up with armour frames making them impossible to be knocked down. This is equally frustrating as normally when they are in this state they are about to unleash a devastating attack on you (again, the boss on the 6th stage is the worst for this.)


    I would still recommend it though. It's still a good game and it is better than Streets of Rage 3 (even though the damage you take sometimes feels on the same level as Streets of Rage 3), and it is better than Streets of Rage. But it doesn't manage to top Streets of Rage 2. That game is still the king of the side scrolling beat-em-up. You just feel completely in control in that game. You always have some option to counter the attacks being thrown at you. Streets of Rage 4 sometimes makes you feel that you are no longer in control of the situation, that you are being swarmed and swamped. Again though, still recommended as when it is good it is really good, it's just not amazing like Streets of Rage 2 was.
    Cracking post, I still dont get why streets of rage 2 was so good when compared to others but it just was.

    Pick up, play beat the crap out of folk happy days.

    I played it on an emulator a few months back and SOR2 still stands up to games of today.

    Sent from my SM-J415FN using Tapatalk


  18. #67
    Left Winger
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Lufthansa Business Lounge
    Posts
    89,580

    Default Re: Your Fave Games & Opinions/Reviews

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Pick up, play beat the crap out of folk happy days.
    Sounds like joining the Police in America?

    „I believe in socialism because it seems more humanitarian, rather than every man for himself and 'I'm alright jack' and all those arsehole businessmen with all the loot. I made up my mind from viewing society from that angle. That's where I'm from and there's where I've made my decisions from. That's why I believe in socialism“

    „Don't forget you're alive. 'Cause sometimes when you walk around the city and you're in a bad mood, you can think, hey, wait a minute, we're alive! We don't know what the next second will bring and what a fantastic thing this is. This can get easily forgotten in the routine of life, and that's something I'm trying to bring to my attention at all times. Don't forget you're alive. We're not dead, you know. This is the greatest thing.”

    — Joe Strummer

  19. #68
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,388

    Default Re: Your Fave Games & Opinions/Reviews

    Quote Originally Posted by Strummer View Post
    Sounds like joining the Police in America?

    Well, the main characters in Streets of Rage are ex-police officers, so you're not far off.


  20. #69

    Default Re: Your Fave Games & Opinions/Reviews

    Actraiser - SNES



    Loved this as a lad, so let's head back to this bad boy and see if it's as glorious as I remember.

    Yes, fuck YES. Jesus Christ this was when gaming was good, what an absolute masterpiece of gaming design. Where to start? Everything about the game is just fucking brilliant. A superb blend of action & RPG elements fuse together wonderfully to make a lush experience.

    Don't get me wrong, it's simple. Both the platforming & creation sections are very consoley/arcadey, and the RPG elements are smatterings at best. But it just works SO well that it doesn't require any extra depth. The platforming sections are way more challenging than the creation ones, but it's all balanced & paced great to work well together, and moves at this sweet fast-but-considered speed.

    The music, ye gads that fucking booming music. It's sex wee straight in the ears. The graphics, just rich, lush environments full of variety & splendour. The level design is awesome, learning as you go but never so unfair that you can't stop & try & guess what's coming. There's even the odd section where you can choose to travel a different route, and plenty of secrets.

    The boss fights are full of character & individuality, the challenge needs you to be precise in execution of your moves and the gameplay is weighted in such a way to allow that but also punish you if you fail (not quite Dark Souls, but hints of that philosophy). The whole package is a mastercrafted bit of gaming history.

    This is the type of game which you enjoy playing so much it makes you hold a shit in for hours until you simply cannot hold it in any longer.

    :5/5:


  21. #70

    Default Re: Your Fave Games & Opinions/Reviews

    Quote Originally Posted by Alf-aSemedoBlueJeans&Chinos View Post
    Massive on the nostalgia factor this one. Xmas 1989 and I'd spent 3 months spunking my pants in anticipation of the Master System arriving to upgrade my BBC Micro.
    How is that an upgrade!


  22. #71

    Default Re: Your Fave Games & Opinions/Reviews

    Streets Of Rage - Megadrive




    Well this series certainly needs no introduction. I remember it being touted as the challenger to Final Fight's crown, and which reigned supreme was one of the burning questions of the day. With the recent release of Streets of Rage 4 I thought it'd be a good time to return to it.

    Well returning now I still thoroughly enjoyed it. What it lacks in Final Fight's weight & meatyness it more than makes up for with it's slick, stlyish, fast paced gameplay and deliberate combat instead. You've a real nice feel to the movement, and you face intelligent & aggressive enemies which don't mess about and which go in for the kill from the off. By stage 4 gangs of 6 enemies upwards regularly attack you, and rarely do they hang off screen in a boxing ring style jab-off like in some beat 'em ups, they're always at it ready to snipe at you, so it keeps it frenetic and exciting.

    The player's actions also really count, with skill & timing in certain situations the difference between seeing a full health bar depleted, and you wiping out a group of several baddies instead. You can proper have some mint Bruce Lee Kung Fu fighting moments where 5 enemies rush you, yet expert timing sees you twat each one off with split second moves. It's very rewarding.

    And then there's that soundtrack. The whole series is praised for it's cracking tunes, but this one is my personal fave of the 3, with each tune capturing the vibe of it's respective stage very well too. Graphics aren't quite as impressive as the sound though, mainly due to the size of the sprites, but they're still good and the backdrops are really cool.

    The only real criticisms are that firstly it's all played at that one, intense pace. It's fucking great, but come stage 7 I did find myself in need of a breather & change from it. Would have been nice to have had a bonus round or a well done vehicle stage or two in there somewhere. Secondly, there's very, very little new to see on a replay. Once you've finished it you'll feel a bit burned out by it, and there's no need to return any time soon. Still, that's the nature of these games, and it shouldn't really be about the number of hours you get out of it & replays, but the level of excitement & fun you get out the short, sharp blasts on them.

    SOR's quality still shines through today. You'll feel a bit sick and too full to eat another portion for a while once you've finish it, but actually devouring it is a blast. Even though the sequel gets the plaudits, you still shouldn't ignore this one.

    :5/5:


  23. #72
    Where's me hammer?
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    52,032

    Default Re: Your Fave Games & Opinions/Reviews

    Quote Originally Posted by Alf-aSemedoBlueJeans&Chinos View Post
    Streets Of Rage - Megadrive




    Well this series certainly needs no introduction. I remember it being touted as the challenger to Final Fight's crown, and which reigned supreme was one of the burning questions of the day. With the recent release of Streets of Rage 4 I thought it'd be a good time to return to it.

    Well returning now I still thoroughly enjoyed it. What it lacks in Final Fight's weight & meatyness it more than makes up for with it's slick, stlyish, fast paced gameplay and deliberate combat instead. You've a real nice feel to the movement, and you face intelligent & aggressive enemies which don't mess about and which go in for the kill from the off. By stage 4 gangs of 6 enemies upwards regularly attack you, and rarely do they hang off screen in a boxing ring style jab-off like in some beat 'em ups, they're always at it ready to snipe at you, so it keeps it frenetic and exciting.

    The player's actions also really count, with skill & timing in certain situations the difference between seeing a full health bar depleted, and you wiping out a group of several baddies instead. You can proper have some mint Bruce Lee Kung Fu fighting moments where 5 enemies rush you, yet expert timing sees you twat each one off with split second moves. It's very rewarding.

    And then there's that soundtrack. The whole series is praised for it's cracking tunes, but this one is my personal fave of the 3, with each tune capturing the vibe of it's respective stage very well too. Graphics aren't quite as impressive as the sound though, mainly due to the size of the sprites, but they're still good and the backdrops are really cool.

    The only real criticisms are that firstly it's all played at that one, intense pace. It's fucking great, but come stage 7 I did find myself in need of a breather & change from it. Would have been nice to have had a bonus round or a well done vehicle stage or two in there somewhere. Secondly, there's very, very little new to see on a replay. Once you've finished it you'll feel a bit burned out by it, and there's no need to return any time soon. Still, that's the nature of these games, and it shouldn't really be about the number of hours you get out of it & replays, but the level of excitement & fun you get out the short, sharp blasts on them.

    SOR's quality still shines through today. You'll feel a bit sick and too full to eat another portion for a while once you've finish it, but actually devouring it is a blast. Even though the sequel gets the plaudits, you still shouldn't ignore this one.

    :5/5:
    Good review, although you have missed out a vital bit in the 2 player mode on SOR2 when you got to the last boss he asked you to join. If you both said no you had to fight him. If one said yes and the other said no you had to fight each other, if the winner of that fight was no you got to fight him... if the winner of the fight said "yes" to joining him or you both said "yes" he double crossed you and sent you back to level 3 and you had to do 4 levels all again.

    Cant argue with the 5/5

    Sent from my SM-J415FN using Tapatalk


  24. #73

    Default Re: Your Fave Games & Opinions/Reviews

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Good review, although you have missed out a vital bit in the 2 player mode on SOR2 when you got to the last boss he asked you to join. If you both said no you had to fight him. If one said yes and the other said no you had to fight each other, if the winner of that fight was no you got to fight him... if the winner of the fight said "yes" to joining him or you both said "yes" he double crossed you and sent you back to level 3 and you had to do 4 levels all again.

    Cant argue with the 5/5

    Sent from my SM-J415FN using Tapatalk
    Aye, quality little twist

    I was surprised how much I enjoyed it still. SOR2 gets all the praise, and it is shit hot, but this was great fun.


  25. #74
    The Sun Always Shines On
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    South London
    Posts
    4,541

    Default Re: Your Fave Games & Opinions/Reviews

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Good review, although you have missed out a vital bit in the 2 player mode on SOR2 when you got to the last boss he asked you to join. If you both said no you had to fight him. If one said yes and the other said no you had to fight each other, if the winner of that fight was no you got to fight him... if the winner of the fight said "yes" to joining him or you both said "yes" he double crossed you and sent you back to level 3 and you had to do 4 levels all again.

    Cant argue with the 5/5

    Sent from my SM-J415FN using Tapatalk
    That was the first game

    Last edited by Harvey; 27-05-20 at 14:06.

  26. #75
    Where's me hammer?
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    52,032

    Default Re: Your Fave Games & Opinions/Reviews

    Quote Originally Posted by Mary Pickford View Post
    That was the first game
    Was it? I stand corrected.

    Sent from my SM-J415FN using Tapatalk


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •