Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 535 of 586 FirstFirst ... 35435485525533534535536537545585 ... LastLast
Results 13,351 to 13,375 of 14632

Default Re: The CoronaVirus MEGA Thread

Yeah, what is there stopping a household of 4 over-18s ordering a bottle of wine each with their meals? And how does that prevent the issue of people having too much to drink and not distancing?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

In Liverpool, as the pubs/restaurants through people out on to the street - people then went to the offy or the supermarket to pick up a load of ale.

There were then impromptu parties on the street - which then required police resources and people weren't social distancing.

I think this is less about the selling of Ale and more about the mass gathering at places that sell ale. A small subtlety, but I think that's the 'policy aim'.

EXACT SAME BENEFITS

Quote Originally Posted by Redemption View Post
    In Liverpool, as the pubs/restaurants through people out on to the street - people then went to the offy or the supermarket to pick up a load of ale.

There were then impromptu parties on the street - which then required police resources and people weren't social distancing.

I think this is less about the selling of Ale and more about the mass gathering at places that sell ale. A small subtlety, but I think that's the 'policy aim'.
    It was probably Chelsea fans

Covid is currently spreading four times as quickly in England than the government's worst case scenario prediction.

The estimation was for approximately 85,000 deaths over the winter from the virus.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Project Zeus View Post
    Covid is currently spreading four times as quickly in England than the government's worst case scenario prediction.

The estimation was for approximately 85,000 deaths over the winter from the virus.

But how much of that spread is comparable to the spring and secondly how much of it is in groups with underlying conditions which are conducive to serious illness or death?

Positive tests is one thing but if it's mainly spreading on younger age groups still, it's more likely to not result in deaths even though there is still going to be some spread into groups who do.

It's all about mid-table...

Whoever snuffs it from now will have thee owd Covid 100%, be ya 6 munf or 106.

It's etched in stone.

Deaths seem to be acceptable as long as it isn't someone you love, behaviour needs to change that behaviour starts with you and then you try to change the ones around you, if they refuse to change then no longer have them around you.

Too many people are telling the young, 'don't worry it won't kill you' then they go on and infect those it will kill.

First wave of Spanish Flu wasn't 'that bad' humans learn fuck all from history.

Quote Originally Posted by Strummer View Post
    Yeah, but you can walk into Costa and have a coffee - and no food - but you can’t walk into a pub and just have a pint.

And the „curfews“ are absolutely pointless.

It’s the glaring inconsistency that doesn’t make sense. It’s almost as if the government haven’t got a clue what they’re doing and are making it up as they go along...
    You can’t just have just a coffee in a coffee shop under the new Tier 3 restrictions within the NSDC area.

‘Substantial meal’ is open to interpretation.

‘As well as the main Tier 3 restrictions, Council Leaders have agreed the following additional local restrictions:

All hospitality venues (cafes, restaurants, pubs, bars and social clubs) can only remain open to offer substantial meals, or must move to operate a delivery and takeaway service only. Alcohol can only be served with a substantial meal.’

'Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings' - Salvador Dali 1904-1989

I think 'odd' is a good thing. Oddness shows originality, uniqueness and a desire to be different from the masses. Oddness is, maybe, only deemed 'odd' by the majority who are considered less odd but only by their own blinkered observations and understanding. Oddness should never be criticised but be encouraged to nurture, develop individualism and to explore the mind rather than conform to expectation and 'normality'. Many of the world's greatest works of art and prose were born from those minds many considered to be 'odd'.
    [/url]

Full lockdown from next wednesday, cause it worked so well when the last one ended eh

The Foam Hand

Quote Originally Posted by Haych View Post
    Full lockdown from next wednesday, cause it worked so well when the last one ended eh
    Where you read that?

Comply no both barrels, boom.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post
    Where you read that?
    All over the news sites, daily mail mirror, sky, etc etc there all reporting it

The Foam Hand

It’s not in the Daily Sport so I don’t believe it.

Seriously though, thanks for the links.

Massive Member

Any solid HP with that?

I can only see a second lockdown causing loads of people to lose their jobs, when the so called solution is worse than the problem you can’t do it.

I’m far too dopey to work out a solution but I don’t think a second lockdown is the answer.

13th Duke of Wybourne

I could do with a break but, luckily ( I suppose) I'll still be going in regardless of lockdown. Bit shit but better being shit with a job.

"Ive only met Andy....last week actually and can confirm he is in 2nd place in sexiest fucker on here stakes." -Barry

Quote Originally Posted by OK SpidermAndy! View Post
    I could do with a break but, luckily ( I suppose) I'll still be going in regardless of lockdown. Bit shit but better being shit with a job.
    Yeah I’ve worked non stop through the whole thing, a lot of people won’t be so lucky and will be fucked over massively if this lockdown happens.

Yeah, but London.

A 6 week lockdown before Christmas is now being suggested, half term has now gone so schools will be kept open. Why oh why didn’t this useless government not go with a 2 week circuit breaker as Sage requested at the end of September. Oh yes because Labour backed the idea and like free school meals this really useless government got it wrong...again and again - useless b*****ds

Looks like a national lockdown from Wednesday, then. But they're keeping schools, workplaces and universities open, where the majority of transmissions take place.

What's the point? A teacher can mingle with fifty kids at work, but can't see their own kids at home?

It won't have the same effect on reducing cases like in April if they stay open.

Why didn’t they just have 2 week circuit break lockdown as advised by sage, could’ve done this to coincide with half term for schools & universities

But no the stupid ***** came up with fudged ideas about localized tiers ect

I bet the bar in the House of Commons stays open

The Speaker banned alcohol sale in the bars in the House of Commons a couple of weeks ago.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-b1057680.html

Last edited by Redemption; 31-10-20 at 10:44.

Quote Originally Posted by Redemption View Post
    The Speaker closed the the bars in the House of Commons a couple of weeks ago.
    I’ll believe it when I’m allowed in to check