Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 886 of 917 FirstFirst ... 386786836876884885886887888896 ... LastLast
Results 22,126 to 22,150 of 22919
  1. #22126
    The Foam Hand
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Curry House
    Posts
    34,153

    Default Re: The CoronaVirus MEGA Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Blonde View Post
    My worry is that there'll continue to be new variants for evermore and so we have now moved into a world where face masks and lateral flow tests will be part of everyday life forever

    And I find that rather depressing, to be honest
    It is depressing. Although my existence isn’t really affected I do feel for a lot of people in certain professions and walks of life that are impacted by this on a daily basis, I really do.

    Makes you wonder where this is going to go this time because I don’t think the compliance will be there like it was a year or so ago.


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many

  3. #22127
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    JLB Credit
    Posts
    10,981

    Default Re: The CoronaVirus MEGA Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post
    It is depressing. Although my existence isn’t really affected I do feel for a lot of people in certain professions and walks of life that are impacted by this on a daily basis, I really do.

    Makes you wonder where this is going to go this time because I don’t think the compliance will be there like it was a year or so ago.
    It's not all bad. After having to do a test most days for the last year, I've become an expert in deep throating.

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk


  4. #22128
    LTLF Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Lufthansa Business Lounge
    Posts
    100,588

    Default Re: The CoronaVirus MEGA Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post
    It is depressing. Although my existence isn’t really affected I do feel for a lot of people in certain professions and walks of life that are impacted by this on a daily basis, I really do.

    Makes you wonder where this is going to go this time because I don’t think the compliance will be there like it was a year or so ago.
    Germany‘s outgoing health minister, the rather plain-speaking Jens Spahn, said last week that by early next year, he expected all Germans to be „vaccinated, infected and recovered, or dead“ which kind of puts it out there.

    I don’t know what it’s like in the U.K. at present, but here, there is now a growing resentment against the deliberately unvaccinated, as it is they who are becoming infected (what a surprise!) and thus blocking hospital intensive care units in significantly higher numbers.

    High-profile refuseniks - like Bayern Player Joshua Kimmich, who (what a surprise!) subsequently tested positive, have had absolute pelters, and the „Querdenker“ movement (lateral thinkers) get frankly dogs‘ abuse when they stage one of their dense anti-vax demos.

    And remember, Germany has retained high levels of compliance regarding mask wearing throughout this year.

    „I believe in socialism because it seems more humanitarian, rather than every man for himself and 'I'm alright jack' and all those arsehole businessmen with all the loot. I made up my mind from viewing society from that angle. That's where I'm from and there's where I've made my decisions from. That's why I believe in socialism“

    „Don't forget you're alive. 'Cause sometimes when you walk around the city and you're in a bad mood, you can think, hey, wait a minute, we're alive! We don't know what the next second will bring and what a fantastic thing this is. This can get easily forgotten in the routine of life, and that's something I'm trying to bring to my attention at all times. Don't forget you're alive. We're not dead, you know. This is the greatest thing.”

    — Joe Strummer

  5. #22129
    13th Duke of Wybourne
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    knee deep in clunge
    Posts
    49,154

    Default Re: The CoronaVirus MEGA Thread

    The Spanish flu lasted for 2 years, it only really dampened down after killing an estimated 50 million. Add to that the world was a bigger place, there was a hell of a lot less travel within the countries involved, let alone worldwide* and you can see why we're just pushing this epidemic to last longer, trying to "flatten the curve" and ride out small waves.

    Obviously WW1 had an effect in spreading it but still the mobilisations were nowhere near what travel we see nowadays just from town to town.

    "Ive only met Andy....last week actually and can confirm he is in 2nd place in sexiest fucker on here stakes." -Barry

  6. #22130
    Impressive member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Arkham Asylum
    Posts
    15,518

    Default Re: The CoronaVirus MEGA Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Project Zeus View Post
    It's not all bad. After having to do a test most days for the last year, I've become an expert in deep throating.

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Just PMed you.

    Sent from my SM-A920F using Tapatalk


  7. #22131
    Impressive member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Arkham Asylum
    Posts
    15,518

    Default Re: The CoronaVirus MEGA Thread

    Brilliant.

    Sent from my SM-A920F using Tapatalk


  8. #22132
    First Team
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The very black holes of my mind.
    Posts
    8,269

    Default Re: The CoronaVirus MEGA Thread

    https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/c...s-b968782.html

    "However, rules on face coverings will not apply to the hospitality sector or at concerts, cinemas and theatres."

    Yes because the virus is just going to go "oop, no can't go wandering around those places".

    Just do one thing or the other!


  9. #22133
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    JLB Credit
    Posts
    10,981

    Default Re: The CoronaVirus MEGA Thread

    The whispers of restrictions at Christmas are increasing again.

    UK Health Security Chief Dr Jenny Harries told the public today to not socialise with people you "don't particularly need do".

    Johnson later said that they're not changing any guidance.

    It's going to be a nervy December.

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk


  10. #22134
    First Team
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Getting High
    Posts
    8,582

    Default Re: The CoronaVirus MEGA Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Project Zeus View Post
    The whispers of restrictions at Christmas are increasing again.

    UK Health Security Chief Dr Jenny Harries told the public today to not socialise with people you "don't particularly need do".

    Johnson later said that they're not changing any guidance.

    It's going to be a nervy December.

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Jenny Harries is right. Just because the gov don't plan to change any restrictions other than what they have so far, it doesn't mean that the best way to avoid getting/spreading the virus is to stay at home and don't do things you don't need to.


  11. #22135
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    'ull
    Posts
    14,974

    Default Re: The CoronaVirus MEGA Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Project Zeus View Post
    UK Health Security Chief Dr Jenny Harries told the public today to not socialise with people you "don't particularly need do".

    It's going to be a nervy December.

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Am I the only one happy with this advice? I’ll probably use it to get out of my Christmas do and avoid the inlaws at Christmas for a second year!


  12. #22136
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    14,012

    Default Re: The CoronaVirus MEGA Thread

    To be fair she's hardly gonna say

    "Meet you all your mates & get fucking well larruped"


  13. #22137
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    'ull
    Posts
    14,974

    Default Re: The CoronaVirus MEGA Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Yates View Post
    To be fair she's hardly gonna say

    "Meet you all your mates & get fucking well larruped"
    It’s political correctness gone mad


  14. #22138
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    17,964

    Default Re: The CoronaVirus MEGA Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by GOBIAS View Post
    Am I the only one happy with this advice? I’ll probably use it to get out of my Christmas do and avoid the inlaws at Christmas for a second year!
    We were going to arrange a Christmas do at our workplace but the boss has said he's just going to order some food in for everyone on Friday 17th for us all to pick at and then we'll finish earlier.

    He also said we can have a drink in the office with it. Suddenly have a great boss and I'm very thankful


  15. #22139
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    'ull
    Posts
    14,974

    Default Re: The CoronaVirus MEGA Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy22 View Post
    We were going to arrange a Christmas do at our workplace but the boss has said he's just going to order some food in for everyone on Friday 17th for us all to pick at and then we'll finish earlier.

    He also said we can have a drink in the office with it. Suddenly have a great boss and I'm very thankful
    A finger buffet with omicron lurking (:


  16. #22140
    First Team
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Getting High
    Posts
    8,582

    Default Re: The CoronaVirus MEGA Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by GOBIAS View Post
    A finger buffet with omicron lurking (:
    Omicron loves a good party.


  17. #22141
    Ian Storey-Moore
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Cotgrave
    Posts
    2,719

    Default Re: The CoronaVirus MEGA Thread

    I went to school with a girl called Amy Crow and whenever I hear about this new variant I think of her


  18. #22142
    First Team
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Getting High
    Posts
    8,582

    Default Re: The CoronaVirus MEGA Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Blonde View Post
    I went to school with a girl called Amy Crow and whenever I hear about this new variant I think of her
    Well even the classicists seem to be arguing about how it's pronounced. No doubt Boris Johnson who is a classicist himself would be right there - it's probably the thing he's been most qualified to do during the pandemic.

    This is topical for this time of year, but I doubt many on here will get it:



  19. #22143
    Wally Ardron
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    1,949

    Default Re: The CoronaVirus MEGA Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy22 View Post
    We were going to arrange a Christmas do at our workplace but the boss has said he's just going to order some food in for everyone on Friday 17th for us all to pick at and then we'll finish earlier.

    He also said we can have a drink in the office with it. Suddenly have a great boss and I'm very thankful
    Stay alert,young man.


  20. #22144
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    17,964

    Default Re: The CoronaVirus MEGA Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Cloughie1975 View Post
    Stay alert,young man.
    In an office, the worst you can probably do is send an inappropriate email to someone.

    When you're dealing with demanding people who need putting in their place, it probably wouldn't be a bad thing.


  21. #22145
    The Foam Hand
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Curry House
    Posts
    34,153

    Default Re: The CoronaVirus MEGA Thread

    This guys videos are interesting.
    According to Pfizer it is unlikely there will be an omnicron specific vaccine ready for mass roll out until March 2022, but the current boosters may give extra protection.
    Some other interesting statistics like 150m currently not vaccinated in Europe alone.




  22. #22146
    Nigel Clough
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Milan, Italy
    Posts
    7,495

    Default Re: The CoronaVirus MEGA Thread

    It'll soon be one less, as this chap can't get it in his arm fast enough now.


    He was the leader of the no-vax movement in Treviso, but a short stay in intensive care has focused his mind somewhat.

    https://www.ansa.it/sito/notizie/cro...33faf9f82.html

    Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

    <<Rimaniamo distanti oggi per abbracciarci con più calore e correre più veloci doman>>

  23. #22147
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Speluncarrum Domus
    Posts
    11,048

    Default Re: The CoronaVirus MEGA Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post
    This guys videos are interesting.
    According to Pfizer it is unlikely there will be an omnicron specific vaccine ready for mass roll out until March 2022, but the current boosters may give extra protection.
    Some other interesting statistics like 150m currently not vaccinated in Europe alone.

    I watch this guy most days I think he is clued in and level headed. I am following his D3 regime!

    I fell in love with football as I was later to fall in love with women,. Suddenly, uncritically giving no thought to the pain it could bring. - Nick Hornby

  24. #22148
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    JLB Credit
    Posts
    10,981

    Default Re: The CoronaVirus MEGA Thread

    "Several dozen people" at the Downing Street party on December 18th last year. Food, drink and games until well past midnight.

    Why isn't this bigger news? It's not even on the beeb. Hancock resigned for less.

    They're taking us all for complete mugs, once again.

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk


  25. #22149
    First Team
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Getting High
    Posts
    8,582

    Default Re: The CoronaVirus MEGA Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Project Zeus View Post
    "Several dozen people" at the Downing Street party on December 18th last year. Food, drink and games until well past midnight.

    Why isn't this bigger news? It's not even on the beeb. Hancock resigned for less.

    They're taking us all for complete mugs, once again.

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    This was when London was in Tier 3 wasn't it, so closed hospitality venues and ban on indoor mixing in private homes.

    As I said on the politics thread, I doubt Starmer would say it if it wasn't true, he is a lawyer and would know it's slander if he does.

    If it is true, I don't see how Johnson has any option but to resign. It's laughable really that these persistent, flagrant breaches of the rules he is imposing on others are coming from the very top, at a time when he is wanting people to follow more rules.


  26. #22150
    LTLF Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Lufthansa Business Lounge
    Posts
    100,588

    Default Re: The CoronaVirus MEGA Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Statto View Post
    As I said on the politics thread, I doubt Starmer would say it if it wasn't true, he is a lawyer and would know it's slander if he does.
    You should Google „Parliamentary Privilege“ (other search engines are available).

    That said, there is a clear violation of the rules there, but of course, nothing will come of it.


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •