Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 524 of 524 FirstFirst ... 24424474514522523524
Results 13,076 to 13,084 of 13084

Default Re: The CoronaVirus MEGA Thread

Hey look at the avalanche coming our way. There's no need to run just yet, it will be a while before it engulfs us.

Without strategy, execution is aimless. Without execution, strategy is useless.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1

Cases among students at unis are dropping rapidly across the country.

Yesterday's 21000 cases came more from the wider community than from the unis

By "relegation battle", do you mean 7th, 12th or 14th?

Quote Originally Posted by willojack View Post
    flagman do me a f***ing favour remove me from this forum

Quote Originally Posted by Flagman View Post

It will drop as the virus has run out of rats to infect, the issue now is with the spread in the wider community as students have decided that they would rather party than self isolate.

Now I understand there is a very small minority of students who have totally ignored all guidelines on the premise 'I want the uni experience' but these are the ones that have caused the surge in certain areas.

This was Oxford Radcliffe Camera saturday afternoon celebrating matriculation, the city centre was packed with pissed up students getting the 'uni experience', this week Oxford Uni have 200 new cases, I can't imagine how this has happened.

https://twitter.com/ladobohu/status/1317434578014003202

Interesting discussion at PMQs today about the requirements needed to come out of tier 3 restrictions.

When pressed, Johnson loosely stated that regions need to get below an R rate of 1. However, the SAGE analysis of the tier 3 restrictions is that they will not be enough to get the rate to drop.

The end result then is perpetual tier 3 lockdown with cases continuing to grow and economic damage being caused for nothing. It's that, or the government making the highly unlikely decision to drop down a tier whilst cases are still rising.

Another national lockdown is coming folks, in other words.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Project Zeus View Post
    Interesting discussion at PMQs today about the requirements needed to come out of tier 3 restrictions.

When pressed, Johnson loosely stated that regions need to get below an R rate of 1. However, the SAGE analysis of the tier 3 restrictions is that they will not be enough to get the rate to drop.

The end result then is perpetual tier 3 lockdown with cases continuing to grow and economic damage being caused for nothing. It's that, or the government making the highly unlikely decision to drop down a tier whilst cases are still rising.

Another national lockdown is coming folks, in other words.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    That will come after the the population has been culled sufficiently.

Quote Originally Posted by Flagman View Post

That's not surprising though.

Halls of residence can mean 8 to a block or floor, with no real ability to isolate. Once one gets it, the rest are almost certain to. It'll take a couple of weeks for that to happen, but then all those people have passed it onto others in classes who then take it back to their dorms. It was always going to rip through Universities very, very quickly and then end as quickly in the unis as it started. There was no way to prevent that, apart from having online classes and no students on campus, the Government decisively rejected that and demanded that universities take students as normal.

The 21,000 isn't just community, there will still be lots of uni students getting it for a couple of weeks still. It's the case numbers in mid-November that will tell us if there is real spread in the demographics more at risk of this.

.k I m
    I m u mm

Quote Originally Posted by Redemption View Post
    Hey look at the avalanche coming our way. There's no need to run just yet, it will be a while before it engulfs us.
    Stats from Wednesday last week onwards:

138, 136, 150, 67, 80, 241

The two lower figures are Saturday and Sunday, do you really think those figures are accurate? Or is it more likely that they will be closer to the average over the three days, i.e. around 129?

Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.

I'm not questioning the data.

I'm questioning the wait-and-see mentality. We keep reacting at the point where being overwhelmed is already priced in.

South Yorks in Tier 3 today.

Notts by Friday?