Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 725 of 804 FirstFirst ... 225625675715723724725726727735775 ... LastLast
Results 18,101 to 18,125 of 20091
    Ale ape.

Default Re: The CoronaVirus MEGA Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hughton,we have a problem View Post
    Just set light to some of that rubbish outside your front gate, problem solved.
    Back gate. We don't have one on the front.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Viv Anderson

I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that my Dad tested positive, this was 2 weeks after he had the vaccine

I was talking to him tonight as I have everyday & he was having his first beer for over 2 weeks

Me old man is 67, overweight, diabetic & has high blood pressure, he said the rona was "fucking horrible" and he felt awful for well over a week

Without being melodramatic I believe that if my Dad hadn't had the vaccine just in time then the outcome would've been a whole lot worse

When your time comes please get the vaccine for own sake & for those around you, its saving lives

Viv Anderson

101 sleeps to go

Viv Anderson

Question: Is anyone expecting the government to not follow through on their opening up dates?

Rice # 42

Quote Originally Posted by Hughton,we have a problem View Post
    Just set light to some of that rubbish outside your front gate, problem solved.
    I think the problem is more to do with Congo's back passage!

Nigel Clough

Quote Originally Posted by FBS View Post
    Question: Is anyone expecting the government to not follow through on their opening up dates?
    In terms of case numbers no, and deaths/hospitalisations are continuing to fall. Still expecting something to delay at least one of the dates though.

Ale ape.

Has our current Government ever met any target that it has set itself?

Massive Member

Quote Originally Posted by congo_red View Post
    Has our current Government ever met any target that it has set itself?
    Their paydays

Nigel Clough

I've got tickets for England v Czech Republic on 22 June, the day after 'normality' resumes.

I'm not expecting it to happen.

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Alvar Hanso View Post
    I've got tickets for England v Czech Republic on 22 June, the day after 'normality' resumes.

I'm not expecting it to happen.
    Why's that Alvar

Nigel Clough

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Yates View Post
    Why's that Alvar
    Hopefully we'll have cut deaths right down by then thanks to vaccines, but I don't think we'll be at a point where mass events like 80,000 at Wembley or big music festivals can go ahead.

I think it'll take until the end of the year before it's stamped out enough for us to let our guard down.

Viv Anderson

I've got tickets to Pride in Brighton in the first weekend in August - hoping it goes ahead, it's a cracking weekend.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Senior doom Monger

Hopefully we'll have cut deaths right down by then thanks to vaccines, but I don't think we'll be at a point where mass events like 80,000 at Wembley or big music festivals can go ahead.

I think it'll take until the end of the year before it's stamped out enough for us to let our guard down.
    I tell you what, even when Boris tells us it s safe to resume a normal life I won't be going to crwoded venues in a hurry.

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Sinister View Post
    I tell you what, even when Boris tells us it s safe to resume a normal life I won't be going to crwoded venues in a hurry.
    I'm perfectly happy to let others follow the word of the PM but I'll respect the scientists even if that does mean a more cautious approach than necessary for a few months longer.

Ian Storey-Moore

The Welsh opening doors early won't help matters

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk

Viv Anderson

Why you'll have had your 2 jabs by then

Senior doom Monger

Why you'll have had your 2 jabs by then
    ...because Boris is a fucking liar and if he told me it was sunny, I'd have to go out and check for myself.

Viv Anderson

...because Boris is a fucking liar and if he told me it was sunny, I'd have to go out and check for myself.
    I agree however if you've had both jabs which have been approved by MHRA I don't see the risk & what you'd expect BJ to say

The cautios re-opening seems to have scientists advice all over it especially with the 5 week gaps to assess data

As shit as the government have been they do seem to have this right

13th Duke of Wybourne

I think at least one date (and therefore subsequent ones) will be delayed and to be fair if it means this is the last lockdown and normality resumes for good then I'm happy to accept it.

"Ive only met Andy....last week actually and can confirm he is in 2nd place in sexiest fucker on here stakes." -Barry

Nigel Clough

I agree however if you've had both jabs which have been approved by MHRA I don't see the risk & what you'd expect BJ to say

The cautios re-opening seems to have scientists advice all over it especially with the 5 week gaps to assess data

As shit as the government have been they do seem to have this right
    It is definitely to keep the hermit Whitty happy - though I like him and his epidemiological credentials are exemplary, he has no family, seemingly few out of work interests, and a safe job which he can do from home largely, so I'd wager that he's not going to be very impacted by a lockdown.

You can see the impact in 2 weeks, given the incubation period, in terms of cases; 3 and 4 cements it more, so you can see if it levels off, continues to rise/fall... and if there's any translation into hospital admissions and deaths, the 5th is to allow some notice. It makes sense but should have the facility to speed up.

Last time I think we did something like middle of June non-essential retail, pubs July 4th, largely it was as open then as it could be through the summer, but then didn't open schools until September, so maybe that was too quick, but it didn't cause cases to rise until September really.

The Foam Hand

Leeds Festival has sold out. Seems a bit ambitious to me getting 100,000 people in a field in August with no proper hygiene and washroom facilities from where we are now.

Viv Anderson

I'm still hopeful of going to a festival in late July. Pretty much everyone who is going to get vaxxed will have had it by then.

The thing that gives me a bit of concern about the opening dates slipping is that the drop in the number of daily cases seems to have tailed off.

Last edited by Barbus; 12-03-21 at 19:23.

Nigel Clough

Quote Originally Posted by Barbus View Post
    I'm still hopeful of going to a festival in late July. Pretty much everyone who is going to get vaxxed will have had it by then.

The thing that gives me a bit of concern about the opening dates slipping is that the drop in the number of daily cases seems to have tailed off.

Have you seen the number of tests done?

Since this is now evidently targeting children who are returning to school, and that the scruffy squawks tend to get mild or no symptoms at all, but can still spread it, it's not surprising that it's basically found cases which would have been undetected before.

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Statto View Post
    Have you seen the number of tests done?

Since this is now evidently targeting children who are returning to school, and that the scruffy squawks tend to get mild or no symptoms at all, but can still spread it, it's not surprising that it's basically found cases which would have been undetected before.
    Aye I know there are more tests done than a few months ago. But until a week or two it was dropping at a steady rate but now seems to be stuck at around 6k ish for a couple of weeks now.

Don't get me wrong, I am optimistic and things are most definitely going in the right direction.

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Statto View Post
    It is definitely to keep the hermit Whitty happy - though I like him and his epidemiological credentials are exemplary, he has no family, seemingly few out of work interests, and a safe job which he can do from home largely, so I'd wager that he's not going to be very impacted by a lockdown.

You can see the impact in 2 weeks, given the incubation period, in terms of cases; 3 and 4 cements it more, so you can see if it levels off, continues to rise/fall... and if there's any translation into hospital admissions and deaths, the 5th is to allow some notice. It makes sense but should have the facility to speed up.

Last time I think we did something like middle of June non-essential retail, pubs July 4th, largely it was as open then as it could be through the summer, but then didn't open schools until September, so maybe that was too quick, but it didn't cause cases to rise until September really.
    Bit harsh on Chris Witty that, poor fucker probably hasn't had a decent night's kip for a year

I doubt he'd advice the government to extend lockdown based on him not being a party animal