Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 3 of 879 FirstFirst 123451353103503 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 21959
  1. #51
    Upper Decker
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    In acres of space
    Posts
    43,023

    Default Re: The Official CoronaVirus Thread

    The Chief Medical Officer was understandably cautious in not wanting to sound too certain of outcomes, but his estimate of UK mortality rates of certainly less than 1% and probably nearer 0.1% means that I still reckon the flu will turn out to be more deadly this year.

    Last edited by Ravi; 05-03-20 at 16:51.
    THE TRUTH IS THERE AND WITH IT I GO TO THE END OF THE WORLD .

  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many

  3. #52

    Default Re: The Official CoronaVirus Thread

    A distant cousin has just took his mum out shopping and said folk where stock piling sanitizer. I just looked on Amazon and hospital quality hand sanitizer is selling at £50 to £90 for a litre. It would be cheaper to buy vodka and rinse my hands in it.


  4. #53
    Ian Storey-Moore
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    preston
    Posts
    3,771

    Default Re: The Official CoronaVirus Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Strummer View Post
    Although it seems the Coronavirus has claimed one prominent British victim - the airline FlyBe has collapsed into Administration this morning, grounding all their flights and throwing 2.000 people including pilots, cabin crew and ground staff, out of work.

    https://www.theguardian.com/business...e_iOSApp_Other
    At least they'll be able to self isolate without worrying about their jobs

    Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk


  5. #54
    Ale ape.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The Congo, deported by Priti Patel
    Posts
    35,387

    Default Re: The Official CoronaVirus Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by I'm Red Till Dead View Post
    It would be cheaper to buy vodka and rinse my hands in it.
    Why take the risk of it getting into your system through a surface other than your hands? Get the vodka in your system and just keep drinking until it passes over.


  6. #55
    First Team
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    8,600

    Default Re: The Official CoronaVirus Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    The Chief Medical Officer was understandably cautious in not wanting to sound too certain of outcomes, but his estimate of UK mortality rates of certainly less than 1% and probably nearer 0.1% means that I still reckon the flu will turn out to be more deadly this year.
    I don't get that. Why would it have a lower mortality rate than in the rest of the world. According to the WHO, it's more lethal than the flu. Not much more, but more. So why would anyone think it will be different over there?


  7. #56
    Nigel Clough
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Milan, Italy
    Posts
    7,375

    Default Re: The Official CoronaVirus Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post
    I don't get that. Why would it have a lower mortality rate than in the rest of the world. According to the WHO, it's more lethal than the flu. Not much more, but more. So why would anyone think it will be different over there?
    Brexit bonus, boris bounce, etc...

    Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

    <<Rimaniamo distanti oggi per abbracciarci con più calore e correre più veloci doman>>

  8. #57
    Ian Storey-Moore
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Terra Incognita
    Posts
    4,990

    Default Re: The Official CoronaVirus Thread

    Bin down the park with Mick 'the feet' and 'dodgy' Dave getting stoned all afternoon. Dave's convinced the firm that makes Carex started it. Says they did it when the price of 'polyquaternium-39' went up and started to impact margins.


  9. #58
    First Team
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Getting High
    Posts
    7,948

    Default Re: The Official CoronaVirus Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Flagman View Post
    Coronorovirus sounds like something Cilla Black would have said!
    Lol I merged it into that somewhere else first. It does sound pretty cool though. Find the hole it isn't coming out of?


  10. #59
    The Duchess
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    18,579

    Default Re: The Official CoronaVirus Thread

    A patient in Berkshire has become the first person in the UK to die after being diagnosed with coronavirus - as it was revealed they caught the virus in Britain.
    The "older patient" was admitted to the Royal Berkshire Hospital in Reading on Wednesday evening and had tested positive for COVID-19, the disease caused by coronavirus.
    A statement released by the hospital on Thursday said: "Sadly, we can confirm that an older patient with underlying health conditions has died.

    'Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings' - Salvador Dali 1904-1989

    I think 'odd' is a good thing. Oddness shows originality, uniqueness and a desire to be different from the masses. Oddness is, maybe, only deemed 'odd' by the majority who are considered less odd but only by their own blinkered observations and understanding. Oddness should never be criticised but be encouraged to nurture, develop individualism and to explore the mind rather than conform to expectation and 'normality'. Many of the world's greatest works of art and prose were born from those minds many considered to be 'odd'.
    [/url]

  11. #60
    Bob McKinlay
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Lufthansa Business Lounge
    Posts
    99,287

    Default Re: The Official CoronaVirus Thread

    I went to chemist to get a face-mask, but they’d sold out and suggested I try Boots?

    Which is like yeah, great, now I’ve got a fucking Wellington stuck on my head. Thanks for nothing.

    „I believe in socialism because it seems more humanitarian, rather than every man for himself and 'I'm alright jack' and all those arsehole businessmen with all the loot. I made up my mind from viewing society from that angle. That's where I'm from and there's where I've made my decisions from. That's why I believe in socialism“

    „Don't forget you're alive. 'Cause sometimes when you walk around the city and you're in a bad mood, you can think, hey, wait a minute, we're alive! We don't know what the next second will bring and what a fantastic thing this is. This can get easily forgotten in the routine of life, and that's something I'm trying to bring to my attention at all times. Don't forget you're alive. We're not dead, you know. This is the greatest thing.”

    — Joe Strummer

  12. #61
    Ale ape.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The Congo, deported by Priti Patel
    Posts
    35,387

    Default Re: The Official CoronaVirus Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Strummer View Post
    I went to chemist to get a face-mask, but they’d sold out and suggested I try Boots?

    Which is like yeah, great, now I’ve got a fucking Wellington stuck on my head. Thanks for nothing.
    Like this?

    Quote Originally Posted by GOD View Post


    Went to my local hardware shop to get a face mask and they had run out. They suggested trying boots
    Not sure it’s going to work



  13. #62
    The Foam Hand
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Curry House
    Posts
    33,754

    Default Re: The Official CoronaVirus Thread

    Been on the radio today that people are stockpiling bog rolls, tinned food, sanitizer... one guy emptied his indoor swimming pool and filled it with tins of food. People have been seen wearing respiratory masks in London as well, one guy has bought a WWII grade gas mask and wears on the tube.
    An old lad phoned in and said there was less panic during the blitz and today’s society wouldn’t cope faced with a serious crisis.
    Quite funny, people can’t cope if the WiFi goes down, never mind a blitz or widespread disease.


  14. #63
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    South London
    Posts
    7,560

    Default Re: The Official CoronaVirus Thread

    Will you get it? Maybe. Looks pretty contagious.

    But it also looks like in most cases symptoms are mild and the mortality rate is extremely low.

    Don't get the hysteria around this I really don't.


  15. #64
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    South London
    Posts
    7,560

    Default Re: The Official CoronaVirus Thread

    Bond. James Bond.

    License to self-isolate.


  16. #65

    Default Re: The Official CoronaVirus Thread

    Big fuss about nothing


  17. #66
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    'ull
    Posts
    14,585

    Default Re: The Official CoronaVirus Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post
    Been on the radio today that people are stockpiling bog rolls, tinned food, sanitizer... one guy emptied his indoor swimming pool and filled it with tins of food. People have been seen wearing respiratory masks in London as well, one guy has bought a WWII grade gas mask and wears on the tube.
    An old lad phoned in and said there was less panic during the blitz and today’s society wouldn’t cope faced with a serious crisis.
    Quite funny, people can’t cope if the WiFi goes down, never mind a blitz or widespread disease.
    You’ll be laughing on the other side of your face when you are eating tins of cat food and having to wipe your arse with your collection of foam hands.


  18. #67
    Nigel Clough
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Oxford
    Posts
    6,628

    Default Re: The Official CoronaVirus Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Buildabonfire1 View Post
    Big fuss about nothing
    When it is all over County will have about 5 supporters.........


  19. #68
    Ale ape.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The Congo, deported by Priti Patel
    Posts
    35,387

    Default Re: The Official CoronaVirus Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
    When it is all over County will have about 5 supporters.........


    Losing 1 out of 6 ain’t all that bad though?


  20. #69
    Can't Re Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    North Wales
    Posts
    7,872

    Default Re: The Official CoronaVirus Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    Will you get it? Maybe. Looks pretty contagious.

    But it also looks like in most cases symptoms are mild and the mortality rate is extremely low.

    Don't get the hysteria around this I really don't.
    Because it might kill my elderly mother whose had two heart valve replacements? Or her friend who’s just started chemo and has no immune system? You not got any elderly relatives?

    My mum gets it, she’ll have to self isolate and potentially spend the last few weeks of her life on her own, but it’s ok because talkshiteNE is a medical expert and says it’s a load of rubbish.

    Oh FFS.

  21. #70

    Default Re: The Official CoronaVirus Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by GOBIAS View Post
    You’ll be laughing on the other side of your face when you are eating tins of cat food and having to wipe your arse with your collection of foam hands.
    That’s a quality well thought out response


  22. #71
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    South London
    Posts
    7,560

    Default Re: The Official CoronaVirus Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Bonalair View Post
    Because it might kill my elderly mother whose had two heart valve replacements? Or her friend who’s just started chemo and has no immune system? You not got any elderly relatives?

    My mum gets it, she’ll have to self isolate and potentially spend the last few weeks of her life on her own, but it’s ok because talkshiteNE is a medical expert and says it’s a load of rubbish.
    It might kill my elderly mother, and my elderly aunts and uncles too.

    But hysteria isn't going to help is it?

    Fact is if they get it they are still far more likely to live than die.


  23. #72
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    'ull
    Posts
    14,585

    Default Re: The Official CoronaVirus Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Buildabonfire1 View Post
    That’s a quality well thought out response
    I have posted 12,126 (12,127 now) times and nobody has ever said that to me before


  24. #73

    Default Re: The Official CoronaVirus Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Bonalair View Post
    Because it might kill my elderly mother whose had two heart valve replacements? Or her friend who’s just started chemo and has no immune system? You not got any elderly relatives?

    My mum gets it, she’ll have to self isolate and potentially spend the last few weeks of her life on her own, but it’s ok because talkshiteNE is a medical expert and says it’s a load of rubbish.
    In all seriousness in this day and age anyone dying of a supposedly treatable condition is so so sad, but I think the media hype and over hype these issues, to put it into a little context El Salvador has a murder rate of 68.1 per 100,000 with a population of 7,000,000 that is a serious issue that never makes the news, I have made some tongue in cheek ( possibly in bad taste comments) if I’ve offended anyone I sincerely apologise, in my opinion Coronavirus will go as quick as it came.


  25. #74
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    South London
    Posts
    7,560

    Default Re: The Official CoronaVirus Thread

    I'm not saying it's a load of rubbish; clearly it isn't. It's concerning.

    But some of the reporting I've seen in the media is bordering on the hysteric and completely out of proportion.


  26. #75
    The Foam Hand
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Curry House
    Posts
    33,754

    Default Re: The Official CoronaVirus Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by GOBIAS View Post
    You’ll be laughing on the other side of your face when you are eating tins of cat food and having to wipe your arse with your collection of foam hands.
    That’s a normal Saturday night here when Forest lose and I get hammered


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •