Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Default Re: Rhian Brewster & Curtis Jones

Loan with a view to buy is the only thing we should consider here. A straight loan is a complete waste of everyone's time.

Unfortunately I think what Sheff United want to recoup and what we are willing to pay will be miles apart.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by thehockleyhustler View Post
    Loan with a view to buy is the only thing we should consider here. A straight loan is a complete waste of everyone's time.

Unfortunately I think what Sheff United want to recoup and what we are willing to pay will be miles apart.

That's my view on it too. I'd rather we kept our money back for a permanent addition that we can afford (even if that means waiting until the summer), rather than waste money on a loan we can't afford to make permanent.

Matchday Squad

rather than waste money on a loan we can't afford to make permanent.......or score

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by thehockleyhustler View Post

He's only worth what clubs are willing to pay and we should only pay what we think he's worth, not Utd's valuation of him. There's no way we should pay through the nose to cover their costly mistake.
    If he doesn't fit in with Utd's plans they need to shift him off the wage bill.

Jack Armstrong

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
    shift him off the wage bill.
    This, if anything, might be the biggest obstacle for us. He's going to be on what, £40k?+

There's no way Forest are going to pay even half that given our moneyball shift and the fact he's been shite for two seasons.

So I think whoever said loan only (without option to buy) might be the only way we get him, because Sheff Utd might be able to sell him for a better value (than our option) if he does well for us, and because player probably won't agree to permanent terms here as we wouldn't sanction it.

Question is, do we really think he's substantially better than what we have to warrant wasting six months of loan on him? To me it'd probably make sense to utilise Taylor, see if we can get him firing if Grabban gets injured, such that we can sell Taylor in the summer for a decent fee. But if we think Brewster is a significant upgrade on Taylor and we need him for a potential play-off challenge then flogging Taylor in January to cover his loan cost might be an option.

30/09/2021: It's only 8 points to the play-offs. Doesn't matter if we're 20th having lost three times as many games as we've won so far. I fancy us now that Hughton's gone.

Nigel Clough

Default Rhian Brewster & Curtis Jones

Quote Originally Posted by MaxiRobriguez View Post
    This, if anything, might be the biggest obstacle for us. He's going to be on what, £40k?+

There's no way Forest are going to pay even half that given our moneyball shift and the fact he's been shite for two seasons.

So I think whoever said loan only (without option to buy) might be the only way we get him, because Sheff Utd might be able to sell him for a better value (than our option) if he does well for us, and because player probably won't agree to permanent terms here as we wouldn't sanction it.

Question is, do we really think he's substantially better than what we have to warrant wasting six months of loan on him? To me it'd probably make sense to utilise Taylor, see if we can get him firing if Grabban gets injured, such that we can sell Taylor in the summer for a decent fee. But if we think Brewster is a significant upgrade on Taylor and we need him for a potential play-off challenge then flogging Taylor in January to cover his loan cost might be an option.
    27k apparently. When they signed him, Wilder mentioned that he fitted their wage structure. Heís top earner there I believe.

Not impossible to do if Cooper says heís absolutely vital to his plans. Jenkinson and Bong together will be on about 40k and they will be off in June.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by RealRed85; 24-11-21 at 21:57.

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
    He's only worth what clubs are willing to pay and we should only pay what we think he's worth, not Utd's valuation of him. There's no way we should pay through the nose to cover their costly mistake.
    If he doesn't fit in with Utd's plans they need to shift him off the wage bill.
    Pointless shifting him off the wage bill if they still owe 20m in transfer fees (assuming they are paying via installments). They would be better loaning him out get a few loan fees, then try to sell him when he's on a high not a low.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Nigel Clough

Sheffield United should loan Brewster somewhere he'll look good for the remainder of the season so whoever drops out of the PL takes a chance on him with their parachute cash. I can't think of many better places than Forest where he'd be the main man and work under a coach that previously brought the best goalscoring spell of his career out of him.

Six months at Forest and the dream move to Norwich young Rhian spent his whole youth pining for goes ahead.

Matchday Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Sheffield United should loan Brewster somewhere he'll look good for the remainder of the season so whoever drops out of the PL takes a chance on him with their parachute cash. I can't think of many better places than Forest where he'd be the main man and work under a coach that previously brought the best goalscoring spell of his career out of him.

Six months at Forest and the dream move to Norwich young Rhian spent his whole youth pining for goes ahead.
    Unless of course he refinds his scoring boots under Coops and fires us into the Prem via the play-offs where he can wave to Norwich as we pass them on their way back to the Championship and we sign him on a perm.... I'm a glass 98% full kinda guy....

It's all about mid-table...

I'd say you're a 100%er HBB

Matchday Squad

Jovanovic on his bike - might scupper any plans we have for Brewster.

Wally Ardron

Brewster is a very low percentage move in my view.

It could well be that he eventually rediscovers form, but I can't see Forest having the finances for any form of deal to find out.

Despite the upturn in on-field events, the underlying financial situation remains the same. Randall stated that the club is OK as regards FFP, but that's only likely to be due to this season's wage bill being significantly lower than last.

Dane Murphy undoubtedly has more work to do in cutting costs to more sustainable levels, so I can't see a significant outlay in any area in the next window.

Wally Ardron

Quote Originally Posted by RedRobbo View Post
    Iím pretty sure it will. And you canít blame the new Blades manager for wanting to take a good look at him. Heís still very young, has had very promising periods in his short career despite the current position and could still turn into an asset for them.
    And letís face it we are the current experts on the fact that individual players can be made to look shit under a certain type of management for it all to change in the blink of an eye.
    Ch

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by RedRobbo View Post
    I'd be more worried about Lowe.

Wally Ardron

Quote Originally Posted by Statto View Post
    I'd be more worried about Lowe.
    His 2 month (at least) injury puts a different light on his case. Say he takes 3 not 2 months and that takes him until February to get back, then he has to play himself back to match fitness then theres a lot of ifs and buts...

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by cheapseats View Post
    His 2 month (at least) injury puts a different light on his case. Say he takes 3 not 2 months and that takes him until February to get back, then he has to play himself back to match fitness then theres a lot of ifs and buts...
    What if he recovers in less than 2-months, say 6 or 7 weeks?

Viv Anderson

Regardless of his recovery time, we need backup in January.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your palms are holding her neck and thumbs are at her ears regulating the speed of her head as she swallows and then sucks up your machinery. She is topping up your engine oil for the cross-country coming up. Your RPM is hitting a new high. To wait any longer would be to lose prime time... She picks up a Bugatti's momentum. You want her more at a Volkswagen's steady trot. Squeeze the maximum mileage out of your gallon of gas. But she's eating up the road with all cylinders blazing.

Aniruddha Bahal (Bunker 13

Viv Anderson

Brewster scored at the weekend, I think. Puts a few million on the asking price.