Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
Results 226 to 238 of 238

Thread: The ascent of Leicester City

      
  1. #226
    Francis Benali (on loan)
    Guest

    Default Re: The ascent of Leicester City

    Announced plans to increase the crisp packet to 40k capacity.

    https://www.theguardian.com/football...acity-to-40000


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

  3. #227
    Upper Decker
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    In acres of space
    Posts
    43,023

    Default Re: The ascent of Leicester City

    Only 40k. Leeds are upgrading to 60k.

    THE TRUTH IS THERE AND WITH IT I GO TO THE END OF THE WORLD .

  4. #228
    oopsy daisy!
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    On a longship close by
    Posts
    20,526

    Default Re: The ascent of Leicester City

    Quote Originally Posted by Francis Benali (on loan) View Post
    Announced plans to increase the crisp packet to 40k capacity.

    https://www.theguardian.com/football...acity-to-40000
    Have they announced plans to actually pay for it this time?


  5. #229
    Upper Decker
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    In acres of space
    Posts
    43,023

    Default Re: The ascent of Leicester City

    It's a sobering thought that this is the furthest Leicester have been ahead of their East Midland rivals.

    In the 1990s Forest were in the top league, sometimes, in the early 1970s Derby were ahead of them, and in the 1920s when Leicester finished 2nd Derby were a few places below them.

    Currently, Derby are in a mess and staring at the third tier, whilst Forest are firmly entrenched as a midtable have-not Championship club.


  6. #230
    Wally Ardron
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    1,504

    Default Re: The ascent of Leicester City

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    It's a sobering thought that this is the furthest Leicester have been ahead of their East Midland rivals.

    In the 1990s Forest were in the top league, sometimes, in the early 1970s Derby were ahead of them, and in the 1920s when Leicester finished 2nd Derby were a few places below them.

    Currently, Derby are in a mess and staring at the third tier, whilst Forest are firmly entrenched as a midtable have-not Championship club.
    Yes,Forest and Derby are now firmly the poor relations of East Midlands football due to decades of neglect
    and appalling management-not withstanding how Leicester manoeuvred themselves into their current position by
    some dodgy practices.


  7. #231

    Default Re: The ascent of Leicester City

    Wes Morgan for 1m

    "Good business" "Forced to sell him, because there was no sense in giving a future Prem winning captain more than 5k/wk"

    Please God let us have finally laded a decent CEO who knows his arse from his elbow.


  8. #232
    Wally Ardron
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    1,504

    Default Re: The ascent of Leicester City

    Quote Originally Posted by Alf-engelos Mindminackers View Post
    Wes Morgan for 1m

    "Good business" "Forced to sell him, because there was no sense in giving a future Prem winning captain more than 5k/wk"

    Please God let us have finally laded a decent CEO who knows his arse from his elbow.
    And an owner with the bollocks for it.


  9. #233
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    13,157

    Default Re: The ascent of Leicester City

    Sad isn't it?

    They not only have the wealth of the TV deal, but pad out their wallets with income from hotel and conference facilities.


  10. #234
    Nigel Clough
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    7,155

    Default Re: The ascent of Leicester City

    Quote Originally Posted by Cloughie1975 View Post
    And an owner with the bollocks for it.
    An owner with a pulse helps too, if we’re harking back to the Morgan sale.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


  11. #235
    Wally Ardron
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,562

    Default Re: The ascent of Leicester City

    Quote Originally Posted by Francis Benali (on loan) View Post
    Announced plans to increase the crisp packet to 40k capacity.

    https://www.theguardian.com/football...acity-to-40000
    They’ll probably have completed it before we get permission to do anything to the main stand cow shed too.


  12. #236
    It's all about mid-table...
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Wetherspoons
    Posts
    20,856

    Default Re: The ascent of Leicester City

    Who's bumped this fred??

    Puts me off me larrup they do, the cheating robbing jammy bastuds.


  13. #237
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Fterno, Lefkada
    Posts
    15,582

    Default Re: The ascent of Leicester City

    Lineker joins la Liga because he says he wants to follow Leicester in Europe. Can't afford a ticket then?
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58025582


    Sent from my M2003J15SC using Tapatalk


  14. #238
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    13,157

    Default Re: The ascent of Leicester City

    Quote Originally Posted by Lefkasman View Post
    Lineker joins la Liga because he says he wants to follow Leicester in Europe. Can't afford a ticket then?
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58025582


    Sent from my M2003J15SC using Tapatalk
    I suppose when you cut a few pence off your millions (for just talking rubbish) just to satisfy your critics, you have to ensure you have enough for a packet of crisps.


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •