Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233
    Nigel Clough

Default Re: Rafa IS NOT Mir here anymore!

Quote Originally Posted by Francis Benali (on loan) View Post
    My memory of him was the game at Millwall. He didn't look like he was enjoying himself.

I don't blame him. He was twenty-one, from Murcia, in South Bermondsey being called a #### any time his team won a throw-in. I think it was lashing it down too. It was a Friday night, which is not as notoriously difficult as a Tuesday night, but still. Then our main striker came on and scored within sixty seconds. Then scored again. Which didn't make Mir look any better.
    He was so bad in that game, like they’d pulled someone from the crowd to play up front.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nigel Clough

Quote Originally Posted by Any Time Now View Post
    Decent hit but nice of the defender to give him 10 yards of space
    And the goalie to stand in no man’s land for some unknown reason

In his defence, like Walker, players that came in for those games where Lamouchi rested the best players - Millwall, Wigan, Charlton.

Too many changes from the side that was doing well. With the key players out ot was like a Forest cup team and we lose nearly all those. Difficult for for fringe players looking to stake a claim if they only get their chance in a much worse side that the one the player with the shirt is performing in.

Nigel Clough

Quote Originally Posted by Francis Benali (on loan) View Post
    In his defence, like Walker, players that came in for those games where Lamouchi rested the best players - Millwall, Wigan, Charlton.

Too many changes from the side that was doing well. With the key players out ot was like a Forest cup team and we lose nearly all those. Difficult for for fringe players looking to stake a claim if they only get their chance in a much worse side that the one the player with the shirt is performing in.
    True, but he could’ve at least looked like he’d seen a football before, let alone played it professionally.

Nigel Clough

Yes, but on the other hand the system we've played for the last 3-4 years doesn't really favour strikers does it?

Most of last season was down to Lolley and Cash linking up down the right, effectively 2 wingers, with an equal outlet of Yuri and Sammy down the other side so they couldn't double up too much, packing the middle with hard work (Watson, Yates, Sow) and Grabban getting on the end of it.

1 player leaves, the other has a bad injury, 2 of them lose form and another spends most of the time injured too. Back to playing fringe players which we did last season for those games and our squad players were arguably better this, but still not really enough.

Mir or Walker were never going to get on in that team, arguably even if they were the only change, because it was too much set up on coincidence and actually did surprisingly well to stay as high as it did.

I do agree Mir is shit though, All of the decent goals he's scored appear to be crap defending, and even YT highlights made Robbie Findley look good.