Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 454

Thread: John Bostock

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    11,683

    Default John Bostock

    Probably should have a thread I assume it doesn't need a BUPA because it has a source? Reportedly made contact with Toulouse regarding him: https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...ential-3117103


    27 year old English centre midfielder, 6'2, left footed.

    Currently at Toulouse but seems to have had an iffy debut season since joining last summer after spells in Belgium, France and Turkey plus a string of EFL loans. https://www.transfermarkt.com/john-b.../spieler/58097




    A short mini-doc/ interview about his career to date:




  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many

  3. #2
    Sabri > CH
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    19,404

    Default Re: John Bostock

    Any good?


  4. #3
    Up-Front
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Divorce courts.
    Posts
    17,792

    Default Re: John Bostock

    Dont know much about him, but he's been sat at a very average level playing precious little football.

    think we've got enough in front of the DM, this lad doesnt look like the banker we need in the deep lying position.


  5. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    11,683

    Default Re: John Bostock

    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    Any good?
    Not seen a lot of him on his European adventure but he was supposed to be the next Gazza as a kid and had his pick of clubs when he left Palace as a 16 year old, went to Spurs and got loaned all over the place for years before deciding he'd had enough and moved to Antwerp in Belgium.

    Good dribbler and passer and comfortable on the ball too, think he could play the deep role well. I'd be happy to see us take a punt on him if Toulouse are happy to move him on could be good business.


  6. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    171

    Default Re: John Bostock

    Quote Originally Posted by Heffing Psycho! View Post
    Probably should have a thread I assume it doesn't need a BUPA because it has a source? Reportedly made contact with Toulouse regarding him: https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...ential-3117103


    27 year old English centre midfielder, 6'2, left footed.

    Currently at Toulouse but seems to have had an iffy debut season since joining last summer after spells in Belgium, France and Turkey plus a string of EFL loans. https://www.transfermarkt.com/john-b.../spieler/58097




    A short mini-doc/ interview about his career to date:

    That bottom video is a quality interview. Seems to have been through a lot but is finally settled. Under the right manager and set up he could really be a success.


  7. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cloud Cuckoo Land
    Posts
    26,874

    Default Re: John Bostock

    Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    Dont know much about him, but he's been sat at a very average level playing precious little football.

    think we've got enough in front of the DM, this lad doesnt look like the banker we need in the deep lying position.
    If the transfer rumours are true and Osborn and Guedioura are on their way out then we've got Semedo, Silva, Yates and Yacob for two positions which require an energetic, box-to-box sort sort of game.

    So I'd suggest if anything it's the opposite, we're in greater need of another CM than a DM.

    .k I m
    I m u mm

  8. #7
    Upper Decker
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    In acres of space
    Posts
    40,927

    Default Re: John Bostock

    Judging by that video, his vision, accuracy and range of passing is of the highest quality by Championship standards. He also keeps the ball well. If he can also defend he’s exactly what we need.

    Stand Firm And Strike Hard

  9. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    3,377

    Default Re: John Bostock

    His style is quite similar to Andros Townsend, I'd be delighted with that

    Sent from my sweaty palms using Tapatalk


  10. #9
    Account removed
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    17,126

    Default Re: John Bostock

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    Judging by that video, his vision, accuracy and range of passing is of the highest quality by Championship standards. He also keeps the ball well. If he can also defend he’s exactly what we need.
    That video was less than three and a half minutes long with a load of moody looks at the beginning and outro music at the end.

    I reckon I could make Silenzi or Cummings look top notch with some decent editing.

    He's hardly set the world alight in any of the inferior leagues he's played in, has he?

    If he's dirt cheap then it could be a sensible option, but I won't be putting too much faith in a couple of Youtube videos to show me his potential.


  11. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    3,377

    Default Re: John Bostock

    Don't know about his overall game but he could find Madeline McCann with a pass

    Sent from my sweaty palms using Tapatalk


  12. #11
    Upper Decker
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    In acres of space
    Posts
    40,927

    Default Re: John Bostock

    Quote Originally Posted by Keith View Post
    That video was less than three and a half minutes long with a load of moody looks at the beginning and outro music at the end.

    I reckon I could make Silenzi or Cummings look top notch with some decent editing.

    He's hardly set the world alight in any of the inferior leagues he's played in, has he?

    If he's dirt cheap then it could be a sensible option, but I won't be putting too much faith in a couple of Youtube videos to show me his potential.
    No of course not. I did acknowledge that I was watching the video, but you can tell if a player has good technique and can pick a pass.


  13. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    3,761

    Default Re: John Bostock

    Wasn't overly impressed when he was at Toronto FC but that was ages ago, sounds like he's matured since then.


  14. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    fucjing g wot karate
    Posts
    1,698

    Default Re: John Bostock

    Bostock is a very average player and highly unlikely to be on the radar.

    I see Sarah is still getting exclusive scoops


  15. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    11,662

    Default Re: John Bostock

    We really need a transfer, either in or out.

    We're going into overdrive trying to find the perfect bloke who can do everything we want whilst costing nothing.


  16. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    12,520

    Default Re: John Bostock

    Whilst you look at the player and you see ability I do have reservations about his reliability.

    I think for the regista we need some reliability in performance and the human being as well.

    I know it sounds harsh on Bostock. New person and all with age and maturity but so far his career suggests a massive risk if we went for him in probably our role we need most reliability in under Lamouchi.

    Saying that, I think it is agent talk anyway.

    Last edited by BryanRoy; 22-07-19 at 21:17.

  17. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Nottingham/Lincoln
    Posts
    8,117

    Default Re: John Bostock

    Quote Originally Posted by Keith View Post
    That video was less than three and a half minutes long with a load of moody looks at the beginning and outro music at the end.

    I reckon I could make Silenzi or Cummings look top notch with some decent editing.

    He's hardly set the world alight in any of the inferior leagues he's played in, has he?

    If he's dirt cheap then it could be a sensible option, but I won't be putting too much faith in a couple of Youtube videos to show me his potential.
    Just in response to this ‘hardly set the world alight’ section, he has absolutely battered a couple of seasons in the second divisions in Belgium and France. With OH Leuven he got 16 assists in his first season and 19 assists/13 goals in his second season winning the division player of the season award.

    He was Ligue 2 player of the season in his first season with Lens, then moved to Bursapor where he didnt do too badly then Toulouse where he’s had another bit of a falter.

    If Lamouchi thinks he can get the best from him, then I back it.


  18. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    fucjing g wot karate
    Posts
    1,698

    Default Re: John Bostock

    Quote Originally Posted by MXJ View Post
    Just in response to this ‘hardly set the world alight’ section, he has absolutely battered a couple of seasons in the second divisions in Belgium and France. With OH Leuven he got 16 assists in his first season and 19 assists/13 goals in his second season winning the division player of the season award.

    He was Ligue 2 player of the season in his first season with Lens, then moved to Bursapor where he didnt do too badly then Toulouse where he’s had another bit of a falter.

    If Lamouchi thinks he can get the best from him, then I back it.
    Just throw in his England age group appearances and you have the definition of a bang average player.

    Lamouchi will have heard of him, but won't rate him.


  19. #18
    Red til I'm dead
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    5,695

    Default Re: John Bostock

    Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy View Post
    Whilst you look at the player and you see ability I do have reservations about his reliability.

    I think for the regista we need some reliability in performance and the human being as well.

    I know it sounds harsh on Bostock. New person and all with age and maturity but so far his career suggests a massive risk if we went for him in probably our role we need most reliability in under Lamouchi.

    Saying that, I think it is agent talk anyway.
    He’s found god hasn’t he? Settled with a family. You’d think he has matured since he was -admittedly- a bit of a cock as a young lad.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


  20. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    LDN
    Posts
    3,587

    Default Re: John Bostock

    Quote Originally Posted by Green Jumper View Post
    Lamouchi will have heard of him, but won't rate him.
    How on earth would you know this?


  21. #20
    Up-Front
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Divorce courts.
    Posts
    17,792

    Default Re: John Bostock

    Quote Originally Posted by TommyTomato View Post
    How on earth would you know this?
    Sky Sports?


  22. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    LDN
    Posts
    3,587

    Default Re: John Bostock

    Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    Sky Sports?
    Lamouchi said he doesn't rate Bostock on Sky? Fair enough


  23. #22
    Impressive member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Arkham Asylum
    Posts
    13,433

    Default Re: John Bostock

    Quote Originally Posted by TommyTomato View Post
    Lamouchi said he doesn't rate Bostock on Sky? Fair enough
    He said he's average on FM so he was passing on him.

    Sent from my SM-A920F using Tapatalk


  24. #23

    Default Re: John Bostock

    Nah!. Just another Ravel Morrison or Lewis Mcgugan.
    Shows bags of talent early in career but doesn't progress to levels expected,
    because they're not hungry enough & expect it to just fall in ther lap
    so they end up pissing there career up a wall.


  25. #24
    It's all about mid-table...
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Wetherspoons
    Posts
    20,088

    Default Re: John Bostock

    More chance a John Smiths.


  26. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,474

    Default Re: John Bostock

    Quote Originally Posted by psychohasyournumber View Post
    Nah!. Just another Ravel Morrison or Lewis Mcgugan.
    Shows bags of talent early in career but doesn't progress to levels expected,
    because they're not hungry enough & expect it to just fall in ther lap
    so they end up pissing there career up a wall.
    The last Lewis McGugan we had did alright


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •