Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: John Bostock

Default John Bostock

Probably should have a thread I assume it doesn't need a BUPA because it has a source? Reportedly made contact with Toulouse regarding him: https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...ential-3117103

27 year old English centre midfielder, 6'2, left footed.

Currently at Toulouse but seems to have had an iffy debut season since joining last summer after spells in Belgium, France and Turkey plus a string of EFL loans. https://www.transfermarkt.com/john-b.../spieler/58097

A short mini-doc/ interview about his career to date:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Sabri > CH

Default Re: John Bostock

Any good?

Up-Front

Dont know much about him, but he's been sat at a very average level playing precious little football.

think we've got enough in front of the DM, this lad doesnt look like the banker we need in the deep lying position.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    Any good?
    Not seen a lot of him on his European adventure but he was supposed to be the next Gazza as a kid and had his pick of clubs when he left Palace as a 16 year old, went to Spurs and got loaned all over the place for years before deciding he'd had enough and moved to Antwerp in Belgium.

Good dribbler and passer and comfortable on the ball too, think he could play the deep role well. I'd be happy to see us take a punt on him if Toulouse are happy to move him on could be good business.

Quote Originally Posted by Heffing Psycho! View Post
    Probably should have a thread I assume it doesn't need a BUPA because it has a source? Reportedly made contact with Toulouse regarding him: https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...ential-3117103

27 year old English centre midfielder, 6'2, left footed.

Currently at Toulouse but seems to have had an iffy debut season since joining last summer after spells in Belgium, France and Turkey plus a string of EFL loans. https://www.transfermarkt.com/john-b.../spieler/58097

A short mini-doc/ interview about his career to date:

That bottom video is a quality interview. Seems to have been through a lot but is finally settled. Under the right manager and set up he could really be a success.

Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    Dont know much about him, but he's been sat at a very average level playing precious little football.

think we've got enough in front of the DM, this lad doesnt look like the banker we need in the deep lying position.
    If the transfer rumours are true and Osborn and Guedioura are on their way out then we've got Semedo, Silva, Yates and Yacob for two positions which require an energetic, box-to-box sort sort of game.

So I'd suggest if anything it's the opposite, we're in greater need of another CM than a DM.

.k I m
    I m u mm

Upper Decker

Judging by that video, his vision, accuracy and range of passing is of the highest quality by Championship standards. He also keeps the ball well. If he can also defend he’s exactly what we need.

Stand Firm And Strike Hard

His style is quite similar to Andros Townsend, I'd be delighted with that

Sent from my sweaty palms using Tapatalk

Account removed

Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    Judging by that video, his vision, accuracy and range of passing is of the highest quality by Championship standards. He also keeps the ball well. If he can also defend he’s exactly what we need.
    That video was less than three and a half minutes long with a load of moody looks at the beginning and outro music at the end.

I reckon I could make Silenzi or Cummings look top notch with some decent editing.

He's hardly set the world alight in any of the inferior leagues he's played in, has he?

If he's dirt cheap then it could be a sensible option, but I won't be putting too much faith in a couple of Youtube videos to show me his potential.

Don't know about his overall game but he could find Madeline McCann with a pass

Sent from my sweaty palms using Tapatalk

Upper Decker

Quote Originally Posted by Keith View Post
    That video was less than three and a half minutes long with a load of moody looks at the beginning and outro music at the end.

I reckon I could make Silenzi or Cummings look top notch with some decent editing.

He's hardly set the world alight in any of the inferior leagues he's played in, has he?

If he's dirt cheap then it could be a sensible option, but I won't be putting too much faith in a couple of Youtube videos to show me his potential.
    No of course not. I did acknowledge that I was watching the video, but you can tell if a player has good technique and can pick a pass.

Wasn't overly impressed when he was at Toronto FC but that was ages ago, sounds like he's matured since then.

Bostock is a very average player and highly unlikely to be on the radar.

I see Sarah is still getting exclusive scoops

We really need a transfer, either in or out.

We're going into overdrive trying to find the perfect bloke who can do everything we want whilst costing nothing.

Whilst you look at the player and you see ability I do have reservations about his reliability.

I think for the regista we need some reliability in performance and the human being as well.

I know it sounds harsh on Bostock. New person and all with age and maturity but so far his career suggests a massive risk if we went for him in probably our role we need most reliability in under Lamouchi.

Saying that, I think it is agent talk anyway.

Last edited by BryanRoy; 22-07-19 at 21:17.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith View Post

Just in response to this ‘hardly set the world alight’ section, he has absolutely battered a couple of seasons in the second divisions in Belgium and France. With OH Leuven he got 16 assists in his first season and 19 assists/13 goals in his second season winning the division player of the season award.

He was Ligue 2 player of the season in his first season with Lens, then moved to Bursapor where he didnt do too badly then Toulouse where he’s had another bit of a falter.

If Lamouchi thinks he can get the best from him, then I back it.

Quote Originally Posted by MXJ View Post
    Just in response to this ‘hardly set the world alight’ section, he has absolutely battered a couple of seasons in the second divisions in Belgium and France. With OH Leuven he got 16 assists in his first season and 19 assists/13 goals in his second season winning the division player of the season award.

He was Ligue 2 player of the season in his first season with Lens, then moved to Bursapor where he didnt do too badly then Toulouse where he’s had another bit of a falter.

If Lamouchi thinks he can get the best from him, then I back it.
    Just throw in his England age group appearances and you have the definition of a bang average player.

Lamouchi will have heard of him, but won't rate him.

Red til I'm dead

Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy View Post
    Whilst you look at the player and you see ability I do have reservations about his reliability.

I think for the regista we need some reliability in performance and the human being as well.

I know it sounds harsh on Bostock. New person and all with age and maturity but so far his career suggests a massive risk if we went for him in probably our role we need most reliability in under Lamouchi.

Saying that, I think it is agent talk anyway.
    He’s found god hasn’t he? Settled with a family. You’d think he has matured since he was -admittedly- a bit of a cock as a young lad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Green Jumper View Post
    Lamouchi will have heard of him, but won't rate him.
    How on earth would you know this?

Up-Front

Quote Originally Posted by TommyTomato View Post
    How on earth would you know this?
    Sky Sports?

Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    Sky Sports?
    Lamouchi said he doesn't rate Bostock on Sky? Fair enough

Impressive member

Quote Originally Posted by TommyTomato View Post
    Lamouchi said he doesn't rate Bostock on Sky? Fair enough
    He said he's average on FM so he was passing on him.

Sent from my SM-A920F using Tapatalk

Nah!. Just another Ravel Morrison or Lewis Mcgugan.
    Shows bags of talent early in career but doesn't progress to levels expected,
    because they're not hungry enough & expect it to just fall in ther lap
    so they end up pissing there career up a wall.

It's all about mid-table...

More chance a John Smiths.

Quote Originally Posted by psychohasyournumber View Post
    Nah!. Just another Ravel Morrison or Lewis Mcgugan.
    Shows bags of talent early in career but doesn't progress to levels expected,
    because they're not hungry enough & expect it to just fall in ther lap
    so they end up pissing there career up a wall.
    The last Lewis McGugan we had did alright