Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Default Re: [BUPA] Facundo Ferreyra

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Grabban did score the highest single season goal tally for a striker at the club for nearly 20 years. It has to be said.

Brereton for Grabban is a swap anyone would have done at the time, and even with hindsight is still a swap id make without hesitation.

Of all the hills to die on, that’s a pretty shit one
    Again, it's back to the full plan though.

Signing Grabban for a short-term push was completely pointless without backing that push properly. Which we didn't.

All we did was sacrifice our potential bright long term future, for a brief upturn of none-playoff finishes, and now we're in the shit for that.

Something else that became another LTLF "evil/Anti-AK" tag too - demanding the top brass back AK, and AK pull his socks up, because unless we made it count we were ultimately going to shitsville.

Welcome to shitsville

Last edited by Alf-engelos Mindminackers; 10-09-21 at 18:00.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-engelos Mindminackers View Post
    Again, it's back to the full plan though.

Signing Grabban for a short-term push was completely pointless without backing that push properly. Which we didn't.

All we did was sacrifice our potential bright long term future, for a brief upturn of none-playoff finishes, and now we're in the shit for that.
    That wasn’t the point you made tho. The Grabban Brereton thing made sense at the time and still does now. The other decisions are the dodgy ones

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    That wasn’t the point you made tho. The Grabban Brereton thing made sense at the time and still does now. The other decisions are the dodgy ones
    It made sense under the assumption that the full plan was in place and the push was fully on.

It wasn't.

Last edited by Alf-engelos Mindminackers; 10-09-21 at 18:05.

Viv Anderson

Brereton has still hardly tore up any trees since he left, Grabbans first season is more than the total goals Brereton has got since he left. (I think without looking)

Ive just checked 12 goals in almost 100 apps, with 25% coming this season.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Last edited by gamble; 10-09-21 at 18:40.

Viv Anderson

The Brereton and Grabban argument is insignificant against the behaviour at the club which meant we needed to accept 7 million from a club in the same division as us.

In the ideal, and sensible world we'd have had both.

Sent from my SM-A426B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by gamble View Post
    Brereton has still hardly tore up any trees since he left, Grabbans first season is more than the total goals Brereton has got since he left. (I think without looking)

Ive just checked 12 goals in almost 100 apps, with 25% coming this season.

Eh? Last year he was getting rave reviews throughout year, hence his callup to the Chile squad.

Might have only had a modest goal tally, but he often played out wide in a front 3 too.

At 22 Blackburn got the better deal for sure IMO. Grabs would have been better if the subsequent fortunes we spent were actually on decent players to capitalize on a striker for the then & there.

Quote Originally Posted by DanR View Post
    The Brereton and Grabban argument is insignificant against the behaviour at the club which meant we needed to accept 7 million from a club in the same division as us.

In the ideal, and sensible world we'd have had both.

Sent from my SM-A426B using Tapatalk
    Personally I'd sooner us keep players who have confidence in their own ability, and I don't blame the lad for jumping ship after seeing AK come in tbh. Grabs, Geddy, Watson etc. The average age of the squad shot right up and AK wasn't one to put much faith in younger players.

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-engelos Mindminackers View Post
    Eh? Last year he was getting rave reviews throughout year, hence his callup to the Chile squad.

Might have only had a modest goal tally, but he often played out wide in a front 3 too.

At 22 Blackburn got the better deal for sure IMO. Grabs would have been better if the subsequent fortunes we spent were actually on decent players to capitalize on a striker for the then & there.

Personally I'd sooner us keep players who have confidence in their own ability, and I don't blame the lad for jumping ship after seeing AK come in tbh. Grabs, Geddy, Watson etc. The average age of the squad shot right up and AK wasn't one to put much faith in younger players.
    It's Chile Alf, he's not been called up to Argentina. Wales are higher in the rankings than them.

He only got 4 assists last term, so if he was a winger that's a poor return.

He may come good, he may not, but the fact is he didnt want to be third/4th choice striker here and wanted to leave so we let him go.

Viv Anderson

I don't know why we look at strikers.

One look and they turn to stone, or is it salt?

Matchday Squad

Quote Originally Posted by valspoodle View Post
    I don't know why we look at strikers.

One look and they turn to stone, or is it salt?
    If it's stone then we need to take Medusa off the transfer selection panel. if its salt, well that's just our "lot" in life...