Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Matchday Squad

Default Re: [BUPA] Facundo Ferreyra

Quote Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post
    in his last spell at newcastle , he was struggling to adapt to the physical nature of english football , maybe he's stronger now he's older. can't be any worse than what we have now.

Agree re: physicality. We have grabbon who doesn’t compete in air and allows centre backs to win ball. Then Taylor that embarrassingly flings himself over when touched. Not great competition

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Ian Storey-Moore

Talks are underway with him now apparently.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Nigel Clough

can't be any worse than what we have now.
    4 goals in 3 years, wrong side of 30 and injury prone. He's shit. I see absolutely no positives whatsoever to this signing.

Last edited by Ashley; 08-09-21 at 08:24.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
    4 goals in 3 years, wrong side of 30 and injury prone. He's shit. I see absolutely no positives whatsoever to this signing.
    of course not , he's a free so automatically he's shit despite our current strikers being shit and older than he is , he cannot be any better, right ?

Nigel Clough

of course not , he's a free so automatically he's shit despite our current strikers being shit and older than he is , he cannot be any better, right ?
    Grabban and Taylor scored more goals during last season alone than Ferreyra has done in the last three years. Ferreyra's record outside of Ukraine generally is crap.

He isn't better than what we currently have, he probably isn't better than Guerrero and a past it Glenn Murray were for us last season either. This comes across as us just making a signing for the sake of making a signing, and a return to old habits.

Shall we go back in time when we brought Antonio from Sheffield Wednesday? The Wednesday fans and the Forest fans were both in agreement that this player was absolute rubbish. Remind me where is now and how many goals he has scored for West Ham

Nigel Clough

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye1947 View Post
    Shall we go back in time when we brought Antonio from Sheffield Wednesday? The Wednesday fans and the Forest fans were both in agreement that this player was absolute rubbish. Remind me where is now and how many goals he has scored for West Ham
    Antonio was a lot younger than Ferreyra when we signed him. Ferreyra has a history of not scoring goals at numerous clubs.

What I am trying to say is that every player that plays for the Reds should be given the opportunity to show what he can do without pre judging him. Forest may be the place where he scores lots of goals… you never know

Nigel Clough

The two seasons prior to signing him, Antonio played 64 league games (as a winger) and scored 12 league goals. Was 24 when we signed him.

Ferreyra in the last two seasons has played 29 league games (as a striker) and scored 2 goals. Heís 30.

Itís hardly a fair comparison.

You could say Wednesday fans didnít rate Antonio any time we are linked with anyone, but how many times does a transformation like that happen?

Ferreyra was decent once upon a time, but thereís a reason heís a free agent at a prime age of his careerÖ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nigel Clough

What I am trying to say is that every player that plays for the Reds should be given the opportunity to show what he can do without pre judging him. Forest may be the place where he scores lots of goals… you never know
    I'd love to be proven wrong, but his record suggests that's extremely unlikely. This is a similar type of signing to many that we have made in recent years, and they always end the same way.

I'd rather we just worked with what we've got until the January window.

Nigel Clough

Quote Originally Posted by RealRed85 View Post
    The two seasons prior to signing him, Antonio played 64 league games (as a winger) and scored 12 league goals. Was 24 when we signed him.

Ferreyra in the last two seasons has played 29 league games (as a striker) and scored 2 goals. Heís 30.

Itís hardly a fair comparison.

You could say Wednesday fans didnít rate Antonio any time we are linked with anyone, but how many times does a transformation like that happen?

Ferreyra was decent once upon a time, but thereís a reason heís a free agent at a prime age of his careerÖ..

Having said all that, his injury record has been overstated on here somewhat. Heís been fit for all of last season and most of the season before. Heís just not been playing and scoring regularly. Never really has outside of Ukraine.

Doesnít feel like much of an upgrade but I expect him to be better than the likes of Lica, Lam, Dumitru and the rest of the bargain basement shit that we had in the past.

Viv Anderson

Default Re: Facundo Ferreyra

Quote Originally Posted by Haych View Post
    Old and shit, he hasnít scored goals since 2017.
    As someone who recently turned 30 I feel attacked.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Nigel Clough

Quote Originally Posted by RealRed85 View Post
    Doesn’t feel like much of an upgrade but I expect him to be better than the likes of Lica, Lam, Dumitru and the rest of the bargain basement shit that we had in the past.
    It would take something special to be as bad as the likes of Dumitru, but I'd certainly put this signing in the same bracket as other random Vrentzos era signings such as Guerrero for example.

If he signs, I think we'll see a familiar story pan out; he'll play a few games to begin with, will fail to impress and then be sent to train with Jenkinson and Bong for the remainder of his contract.

Viv Anderson

In fairness and I am one who dosent like signings like this but he has past pedigree and at least there is something there to work on and try and get the best from.

If the signing is low wages for a year its a low risk move and we may get a reward. I think he will probably be shit because the way we play at the moment, the stikers need to be mobile because they are often isolated.

However if he can hang round in the box and and we play to his strengths there is a small chance we can get something from him.

I have better feels for this fella than I did for pissiing da costa or Guerrero but thats not saying much. Its not an inspiring signing I agree.

Formerly Gandalfthered

Grabban and Taylor scored more goals during last season alone than Ferreyra has done in the last three years. Ferreyra's record outside of Ukraine generally is crap.

He isn't better than what we currently have, he probably isn't better than Guerrero and a past it Glenn Murray were for us last season either. This comes across as us just making a signing for the sake of making a signing, and a return to old habits.
    Just an FYI

Ferreyra only scored the once last season, but that came in 293 minutes of playing time at a higher level than the Championship. Lyle Taylor scored 4 league goals last season in 1,717 minutes (or a goal every 429.25 minutes). Grabban scored 6 goals in 2001 minutes (or a goal evert 333.5 minutes).

Not that I am saying he is a world beater, but we spent the second half of last season seeing Glenn Murray amble around like a sloth on sleeping pills, he can't be any worse.

Nigel Clough

Quote Originally Posted by EmmersonForest4 View Post
    In fairness and I am one who dosent like signings like this but he has past pedigree and at least there is something there to work on and try and get the best from.
    Has a decent record in the Ukrainian top flight years ago (which isn't a particularly great standard I'd imagine) but struggled elsewhere. Not really seeing much pedigree there myself.

Nigel Clough

Quote Originally Posted by GandalfTheRed View Post
    Just an FYI

Ferreyra only scored the once last season, but that came in 293 minutes of playing time at a higher level than the Championship. Lyle Taylor scored 4 league goals last season in 1,717 minutes (or a goal every 429.25 minutes). Grabban scored 6 goals in 2001 minutes (or a goal evert 333.5 minutes).

Not that I am saying he is a world beater, but we spent the second half of last season seeing Glenn Murray amble around like a sloth on sleeping pills, he can't be any worse.
    Not really much in his career outside of Ukraine to suggest he would have done any better had played more often though.

I think it's highly likely he's worse than Grabban and Taylor. At least those two had a history of scoring goals at a decent level prior to last season, Ferreyra doesn't.

Up-Front

I see absolutely no positives whatsoever to this signing.
    He'll make Taylor & Grabban look better.

Nigel Clough

It would take something special to be as bad as the likes of Dumitru, but I'd certainly put this signing in the same bracket as other random Vrentzos era signings such as Guerrero for example.

If he signs, I think we'll see a familiar story pan out; he'll play a few games to begin with, will fail to impress and then be sent to train with Jenkinson and Bong for the remainder of his contract.
    Yeah I mean Dumitru was worse at football than I am, so thereís very little chance Ferreyra could be that bad.

He has played at a better level than Guerrero though, even as his career has tailed off, so I do expect him to be better than that.

For the record though, itís not one that I think will turn out particularly well. I imagine heíll sign for one year, play about 6 times off the bench, then leave in January or get released next summer.

Iíd be happier with it if he was training with us and had impressed. But Iím not sure it will really matter much in the grand scheme of things (unless we Bong him a 3 year dealÖ.).

Viv Anderson

Looking at this logically... Signing him for his stats over the last few seasons doesn't make sense, so that can't be the reason we're after him but Forest are due a South American cult hero number 9; we've never had one (Brereton doesn't count) and every team has to have one at some point.

Edit: Also there wont be any of that bullshit about him being from a hot country and not being able to play in the English winter because he's spent half his career in Ukraine.

Last edited by Heffing Psycho!; 08-09-21 at 11:36.

Formerly Gandalfthered

Not really much in his career outside of Ukraine to suggest he would have done any better had played more often though.

I think it's highly likely he's worse than Grabban and Taylor. At least those two had a history of scoring goals at a decent level prior to last season, Ferreyra doesn't.
    If you take away the best seasons for a lot of players at this level, there records could be considered pretty average as well. But 15 in 56 games as a young player at Banfield isnít bad. 17 in 25 at Velez Sarsfield is good. 59 in 115 at Shakhtar is good. Then it looks like his career has been hit by multiple niggling injuries.

Iím more bothered at to why a 20 a season, £6.5m striker in Grabban isnít scoring. Or a high profile free agent signing on good money like Taylor isnít scoring over a 30 year old free agent who will be brought in on little money to compete with the young lads for a spot on the benchÖ

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by GandalfTheRed View Post
    I’m more bothered at to why a 20 a season, £6.5m striker in Grabban isn’t scoring. Or a high profile free agent signing on good money like Taylor isn’t scoring over a 30 year old free agent who will be brought in on little money to compete with the young lads for a spot on the bench…
    Yeah whatever the opposite proverb to "You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink" is, that's what Forest are doing with the strikers at the moment.

Matchday Squad

Maybe the data crunching analysis fax machine is on the blink or the thought screw it all the players we've signed over the years we're promising or had great stats and the bombed here let's buy someone else's bomb squad player he can only improve...or they think he is a goalkeeper and believe he hasn't let any goals in.

Ian Storey-Moore

We could be a little hasty here in dismissing him, feels like he's had naff all football since leaving Donetsk and his last season with them was fucking dynamite by the look of it
    If he knows where the onion bag is and is a solid natural finisher, I don't think that just goes away

Viv Anderson

Edited.