Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 831

Thread: Yuri Ribeiro

  1. #26
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    13,034

    Default Re: Yuri Ribeiro

    Quote Originally Posted by gamble View Post
    Is this a loan or a permanent??
    The move for Yuri could even be a permanent transfer, whether initially or via an option, whereas it’s again made clear there’ll be no option on Semedo.



  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many

  3. #27
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    13,034

    Default Re: Yuri Ribeiro

    Looks like a permanent goodbye.


    https://twitter.com/Yuri_oribeiro/st...14010764636160




  4. #28

    Default Re: Yuri Ribeiro

    Beat me to it, Bryan.

    Alex Goncalves and that post... make it look like a permanent bye to me.

    Here's hoping we've finally found our LB solution since.... Jim Brennan. (not including the exceptional loans of Shorey and Bertrand)


  5. #29
    Liaminho
    Guest

    Default Re: Yuri Ribeiro

    Not much of a risk if we've been struggling in that position for years. Even if he's completely average and gives 6/10 each game I'll be happy with this.


  6. #30
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    13,034

    Default Re: Yuri Ribeiro

    The one on the left cost €123m and the other 4 will have been at Forest.




  7. #31
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    173

    Default Re: Yuri Ribeiro

    He's posted a thank you post on his Instagram so it deffo looks like a Perm deal. He was very highly rated not long ago. If we manage to get him it'd be a bit of a coup. The fact that they're stressing that there is no buy option on Samedo also shows how highly they rate him.


  8. #32
    EmmersonForest4 "Bellend"
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Mansfield
    Posts
    5,324

    Default Re: Yuri Ribeiro

    Quote Originally Posted by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery View Post
    Kasami, Soudani, Dias etc. there's plenty of highlight-reel wonderstars who ended up absolute flops here. Usually imported players who's bodies or mentality couldn't adapt to this league.
    Is there anything to actually back up? Because I keep seeing this narrative pushed around when I'm pretty sure our flops from Premier League cast offs to Championship journeymen outweigh the 'Carlos Kickaball's' as they are reffered to on twitter.

    The problem has been bringing in players who aren't not good enough, not where we got them from.

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk


  9. #33

    Default Re: Yuri Ribeiro

    Quote Originally Posted by GandalfTheRed View Post
    Is there anything to actually back up? Because I keep seeing this narrative pushed around when I'm pretty sure our flops from Premier League cast offs to Championship journeymen outweigh the 'Carlos Kickaball's' as they are reffered to on twitter.

    The problem has been bringing in players who aren't not good enough, not where we got them from.

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    But that's my point. Folk get down about "Championship journeymen" whereas they get excited for these imports. Just look at the Sammy Ameobi thread. "Shit signing" banded about significantly.

    Both could be good or crap, but we've just had a year hearing about how we were right to sign Soudani despite it ultimately being 3m down the shitter, and we hear how Monty was "unlucky" despite nearly relegating us and failing to cover basics such as fitness etc.

    IMO there's a definite bias towards foreign affiliations because they appear more glamorous and folk invest in the unknown more.

    Last edited by Alf-engelos Mindminackers; 07-07-19 at 12:37.

  10. #34
    Nigel Clough
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    5,670

    Default Re: Yuri Ribeiro

    Maybe we're just shit at buying domestic and foreign players?


  11. #35
    First Team
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    9,896

    Default Re: Yuri Ribeiro

    Quote Originally Posted by Hermz View Post
    Maybe we're just shit
    Edited, which sounds better


  12. #36
    Wally Ardron
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Andover, Hants
    Posts
    2,238

    Default Re: Yuri Ribeiro

    Quote Originally Posted by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery View Post
    But that's my point. Folk get down about "Championship journeymen" whereas they get excited for these imports. Just look at the Sammy Ameobi thread. "Shit signing" banded about significantly.

    Both could be good or crap, but we've just had a year hearing about how we were right to sign Soudani despite it ultimately being 3m down the shitter, and we hear how Monty was "unlucky" despite nearly relegating us and failing to cover basics such as fitness etc.

    IMO there's a definite bias towards foreign affiliations because they appear more glamorous and folk invest in the unknown more.
    I get your point but I don't think it's that people are simply dazzled by the foreign influence. I think it's because less is known about the imports and therefore people are more inclined to dream that we've landed a massive bargain and a potential star.

    Occasionally a player signed from another English club proves to be an unexpected hit - best examples I can think of are Lolley and Antonio. But generally we know what we're getting....we knew what O'Neill was about and that's what we got. We knew what Murphy would bring and that's what we got. We know what to expect from Ameobi, hence no great fanfare.

    Foreigners on the other hand...well maybe the unknown manager is the one to make us great again. Maybe the unheard of foreigner will actually prove to be worth his £25M valuation this time. It's simply the element of unknown allowing people to dream. No conspiracy against British managers or players...Lolley is a massive favourite...just a lot of people hoping and dreaming. I'm one of them.


  13. #37
    Ian Storey-Moore
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    3,761

    Default Re: Yuri Ribeiro

    Quote Originally Posted by Project Zeus View Post
    More chance of Alfonso Ribeiro.

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    It's not unusual........


  14. #38
    Upper Decker
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    In acres of space
    Posts
    42,503

    Default Re: Yuri Ribeiro

    Quote Originally Posted by andover red View Post
    I get your point but I don't think it's that people are simply dazzled by the foreign influence. I think it's because less is known about the imports and therefore people are more inclined to dream that we've landed a massive bargain and a potential star.

    Occasionally a player signed from another English club proves to be an unexpected hit - best examples I can think of are Lolley and Antonio. But generally we know what we're getting....we knew what O'Neill was about and that's what we got. We knew what Murphy would bring and that's what we got. We know what to expect from Ameobi, hence no great fanfare.

    Foreigners on the other hand...well maybe the unknown manager is the one to make us great again. Maybe the unheard of foreigner will actually prove to be worth his £25M valuation this time. It's simply the element of unknown allowing people to dream. No conspiracy against British managers or players...Lolley is a massive favourite...just a lot of people hoping and dreaming. I'm one of them.
    I agree. Plus pound for pound foreign players tend to be cheaper.

    THE TRUTH IS THERE AND WITH IT I GO TO THE END OF THE WORLD .

  15. #39
    Nigel Clough
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    6,500

    Default Re: Yuri Ribeiro

    To be fair, not every foreign signing is met with a positive reaction, nor is every domestic signing met with negativity.

    For example, the reason people are happy with Silva is because he plays in a position where we are crying out for quality and is generally highly regarded by those who have seen him play (with one journalist saying he is one of the better players that don't play for one of the bigger Portuguese clubs).
    On the other hand, people are more sceptical about Semedo because of the mixed opinions of those who have seen him play.

    With Ameobi, people weren't complaining because we signed him from an English club, but were unhappy with the signing because Bolton fans (the ones who watched him week in week out) don't particularly rate him. Whereas when we signed Grabban, most people were happy because we knew he was a good player.


  16. #40

    Default Re: Yuri Ribeiro

    Quote Originally Posted by andover red View Post
    I get your point but I don't think it's that people are simply dazzled by the foreign influence. I think it's because less is known about the imports and therefore people are more inclined to dream that we've landed a massive bargain and a potential star.

    Occasionally a player signed from another English club proves to be an unexpected hit - best examples I can think of are Lolley and Antonio. But generally we know what we're getting....we knew what O'Neill was about and that's what we got. We knew what Murphy would bring and that's what we got. We know what to expect from Ameobi, hence no great fanfare.

    Foreigners on the other hand...well maybe the unknown manager is the one to make us great again. Maybe the unheard of foreigner will actually prove to be worth his £25M valuation this time. It's simply the element of unknown allowing people to dream. No conspiracy against British managers or players...Lolley is a massive favourite...just a lot of people hoping and dreaming. I'm one of them.
    Totally agree chap, definitely a big element of that.



    Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk


  17. #41
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The Dock Of The Bay, Bakersfield.
    Posts
    14,074

    Default Re: Yuri Ribeiro

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Stone's Mullet View Post
    Here's hoping we've finally found our LB solution since.... Jim Brennan. (not including the exceptional loans of Shorey and Bertrand)
    Can I add Bojan Jokic to that list?


  18. #42

    Default Re: Yuri Ribeiro

    Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    Can I add Bojan Jokic to that list?
    Definitely. I had forgotten about him, but he was as solid as a rock. Huge miss not getting him permanently.


  19. #43
    Ian Storey-Moore
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    3,624

    Default Re: Yuri Ribeiro

    Quote Originally Posted by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery View Post
    I won't be convinced Riberio is as good as Semedo with his althleticism and rangey play until I see a video of Riberio booting someone in the face and falling over his own legs first.
    Ameobi likes this post

    Sent from my sweaty palms using Tapatalk


  20. #44
    Ian Storey-Moore
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    3,624

    Default Re: Yuri Ribeiro

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
    To be fair, not every foreign signing is met with a positive reaction, nor is every domestic signing met with negativity.

    For example, the reason people are happy with Silva is because he plays in a position where we are crying out for quality and is generally highly regarded by those who have seen him play (with one journalist saying he is one of the better players that don't play for one of the bigger Portuguese clubs).
    On the other hand, people are more sceptical about Semedo because of the mixed opinions of those who have seen him play.

    With Ameobi, people weren't complaining because we signed him from an English club, but were unhappy with the signing because Bolton fans (the ones who watched him week in week out) don't particularly rate him. Whereas when we signed Grabban, most people were happy because we knew he was a good player.
    Can't shoot any holes in that tbf.

    Sent from my sweaty palms using Tapatalk


  21. #45
    EmmersonForest4 "Bellend"
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Mansfield
    Posts
    5,324

    Default Re: Yuri Ribeiro

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Stone's Mullet View Post
    Definitely. I had forgotten about him, but he was as solid as a rock. Huge miss not getting him permanently.
    He was quality, solid at the back and actually started to get forward well once he settled. Pretty sure the fee was around 350k at the time... tragic

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk


  22. #46
    Ian Storey-Moore
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    3,761

    Default Re: Yuri Ribeiro

    Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    Can I add Bojan Jokic to that list?
    A good one does make a world of difference.


  23. #47
    Wally Ardron
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,927

    Default Re: Yuri Ribeiro

    From reading Benfica fan's views on a few forums they don't seem to particularly rate this chap.


  24. #48
    Up-Front
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Divorce courts.
    Posts
    18,312

    Default Re: Yuri Ribeiro

    Quote Originally Posted by andover red View Post
    I get your point but I don't think it's that people are simply dazzled by the foreign influence. I think it's because less is known about the imports and therefore people are more inclined to dream that we've landed a massive bargain and a potential star.
    Exactly.


  25. #49
    Ian Storey-Moore
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    3,624

    Default Re: Yuri Ribeiro

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Fossil View Post
    From reading Benfica fan's views on a few forums they don't seem to particularly rate this chap.
    It's hard to know how much to read into fans views on players from elite clubs. They are dining at Champions league table level. What their expectations of a player at that level are and what we require are worlds apart.

    Sent from my sweaty palms using Tapatalk


  26. #50
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    12,059

    Default Re: Yuri Ribeiro

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Fossil View Post
    From reading Benfica fan's views on a few forums they don't seem to particularly rate this chap.
    I read a few, it just seems a few don't think he's good enough to play for Benfica which might be correct but he only played 9 games for them, that's Forest fan levels of writing a player off and they're a team regularly in the Champions League and challenging for the league so not good enough for them might be plenty good enough for us.

    It's his job to come in here and make the LB spot his own over Robinson, for once in a long time it feels like we'll have decent competition in that position.


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •