Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 47 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3745464748 LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 1191

Thread: Tiago Silva!

First Team

Default Re: Tiago Silva!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    So Silva would rather play his football at a top tier club who play in the Champions League and where the weather is warm and sunny, rather than at a second tier club in a cold damp place which only has about three hours of daylight in the winter?

I've no idea why...
    An Olympiacos reporter with good access at the club had a story on Silva: according to it, Lamouchi and the club wanted him to stay, but Silva was desperate to leave and repeatedly expressed his desire.

I cannot know if that means that he had problems at the club or simply problems with life in the UK, but the player's desire to leave seems to have been the main reason for his move to us.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Do you know what the terms of the deal were? I certainly don't.
    Yeah, we got fucked over whilst taking some more of their shit this way

Upper Decker

Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post
    An Olympiacos reporter with good access at the club had a story on Silva: according to it, Lamouchi and the club wanted him to stay, but Silva was desperate to leave and repeatedly expressed his desire.

I cannot know if that means that he had problems at the club or simply problems with life in the UK, but the player's desire to leave seems to have been the main reason for his move to us.
    Paul Taylor also said that Sabri and the club wanted him to stay. Only the player will fully know his reasons for wanting to move, but if they want to go they want to go and itís best for them to leave asap. I learned this early on as a fan when Cloughie was our manager. When a player wanted to leave they would be out the door, usually within a couple of weeks. Alex Ferguson had a similar approach. I know itís much harder these days because players have so much power, but once a player wants to leave then get rid asap, even if itís to the bomb squad so that they are out of sight and out of mind.

Stand Firm And Strike Hard

Paul Taylor also said that Sabri and the club wanted him to stay. Only the player will fully know his reasons for wanting to move, but if they want to go they want to go and itís best for them to leave asap. I learned this early on as a fan when Cloughie was our manager. When a player wanted to leave they would be out the door, usually within a couple of weeks. Alex Ferguson had a similar approach. I know itís much harder these days because players have so much power, but once a player wants to leave then get rid asap, even if itís to the bomb squad so that they are out of sight and out of mind.
    Alternatively and to avoid this situation, sign more local based players who aren't fly-by-night random imports who never settle, or over the hill & looking for an easy payday, and look to build a squad full of players like Worrall. Who have both more commitment & quality than most of the shite or flakey targets the club have signed in recent years?

Upper Decker

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-engelos Mindminackers View Post
    Alternatively and to avoid this situation, sign more local based players who aren't fly-by-night random imports who never settle, or over the hill & looking for an easy payday, and look to build a squad full of players like Worrall. Who have both more commitment & quality than most of the shite or flakey targets the club have signed in recent years?
    Yes, what the hell were Clough and Ferguson doing. Not a clue.

Yes, what the hell were Clough and Ferguson doing. Not a clue.
    Clough who built his success around half a squad signed from our nearest rivals only a few miles away?

And Ferguson who built a large part of his success on a massive chunk of kids bought through the Man U Academy?

Eh?

Last edited by Alf-engelos Mindminackers; 13-12-20 at 13:19.

First Team

Allegedly 144 minutes of football since he left Forest. A real shame.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by MXJ View Post
    Allegedly 144 minutes of football since he left Forest. A real shame.
    Strangely enough, he's been OK to good in these few cameo appearances. But our manager is infamous for not rotating his midfielders. M'Vila, Camara, and Bouchalakis are clearly ahead of him in the pecking order, and further up front there's Fortounis and Valbuena.

To give you an idea, we bought another midfielder in the summer, PÍpÍ, after the manager insisted that he wants him desperately. And yet he's used him only for 320 minutes (mostly early in the season, when Silva was unavailable), and he is very often not even on the bench.

Matchday Squad

To give you an idea, we bought another midfielder in the summer, PÍpÍ, after the manager insisted that he wants him desperately. And yet he's used him only for 320 minutes (mostly early in the season, when Silva was unavailable), and he is very often not even on the bench.
    That's who we'll be getting next then?

Up-Front

Silva was good for us, so I'd have expected him to be exceptional for Oly.

First Team

Do you want him back? He's been weighed, he's been measured, and he's been found wanting. Not bad, but not good enough.

Nigel Clough

Do you want him back? He's been weighed, he's been measured, and he's been found wanting. Not bad, but not good enough.
    Not sure we have enough walls left these days.

oopsy daisy!

Funnily enough, we know exactly the feeling you describe.

Nigel Clough

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    Funnily enough, we know exactly the feeling you describe.
    Nothing new, just ask Belshazzar...

Might as well let you lot pay his wages Greek. We've taken our fair share of Marinakis dead wood signings for a year or two and whilst he always looked tidy and technical (like all the Portuguese) he never ripped games up. I think we were all just relieved to see a Portuguese midfielder that was prepared to roll his sleeves up and tackle a little bit....

Viv Anderson

I'd welcome him back.....and Carvalho for that matter.

Wally Ardron

Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    I'd welcome him back.....and Carvalho for that matter.
    Same here but actually play him next to cafu and carvalho as a 10

Grenville Morris

I'd have him back too. Wasn't too fussed about him going as felt his end product was limited but we've regressed and become cumbersome in possession and someone like Silva would help alleviate that.

.k I m
    I m u mm

Agree and also feel like we got the best out of Ribeiro with Silva in the team. They seemed to have a connection and with Silva playing that deeper creative role it made transitioning from defense to attack so much easier

Viv Anderson

I thought Silva was massively underrated here, always showed for the ball (something we really struggled with until Garner/Krov came in) and was positive in his play - and for his size could put it about. If it's a genuine option I would take him back, I would be interested to see a Cafu/Silva midfield with Cafu a bit deeper.

Last edited by Rzarecteh; 20-03-21 at 18:09.

Grenville Morris

Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    I thought Silva was massively underrated here, always showed for the ball and was positive in his play - and for his size could put it about. If it's a genuine option I would take him back, I would be interested to see a Cafu/Silva midfield with Cafu a bit deeper.
    He's a bit like Krovinovic in that his end product is limited but decent on the ball which does help improve our play.

It's the sort of thing that you miss if you don't adequately replace, but if you do adequately replace then it's not much of a loss.

Nigel Clough

Silva was alright, don't really think he was quite good enough to be a regular starter for a top 6 side but he was a decent enough Championship player and certainly better than the players that we brought in during the summer in midfield have been.

Whether I'd take him back depends on what our ambitions are for next season. If we are looking to consolidate in midtable then he'd be a decent signing, but if we are targeting a top 6 spot we'll need better IMO.

I think he has become better in some people's minds since he left because of how poor his replacements have been this season.

Nigel Clough

Quote Originally Posted by MaxiRobriguez View Post
    He's a bit like Krovinovic in that his end product is limited but decent on the ball which does help improve our play.

It's the sort of thing that you miss if you don't adequately replace, but if you do adequately replace then it's not much of a loss.
    Silva coughed the ball up in dangerous positions a lot though, way more than Garner or Krovinovic.

Cafu has a tendency to do it too, but heís got the added physicality over Silva.

I wasnít bothered losing Silva, but obviously thought weíd replace him with better. Arter has not been better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Up-Front

Id put Silva in the 10 role ahead of Carvalho personally. Granted he threw the odd wild pass when played at the base, but further up there you get his apparent ability to play with his head up in tight spaces.

I thought getting rid of him was risky, but not replacing one of the only progressive midfielders we had was insane.

Always rated him, would have him back in a heartbeat.

Think some of you talk a lot of sense, but the stabbing judas c*nt can fuck off for another holiday somewhere else.

His commitment wasn't there and our great club made the fucking scrote, and he repays us by jumping ship to sit on the bench in the sun.

Hope he rots. His place here is Johnson's now. We need to build a team who's players don't start wanting to jump ship after 3 months of half decent performances.

Last edited by Alf-engelos Mindminackers; 21-03-21 at 13:17.