Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 39 of 49 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: Tiago Silva!

Default Re: Tiago Silva!

Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    NC and Keane left at the end of the relegation season, and Collymore was signed prior to the start of the next one.

The discussion was about how things may have panned-out so differently had Stan joined in the March, which he was all set to do prior to Cloughie's late change of mind.
    Instead we got the kick in the teeth that was Big bad Bob. Proven striker being unveiled as Rosario probably cost us points due to the hit to morale. Stan would've kept us up easy.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Ian Storey-Moore

Quote Originally Posted by Red Ray's Redlist View Post
    Instead we got the kick in the teeth that was Big bad Bob. Proven striker being unveiled as Rosario probably cost us points due to the hit to morale. Stan would've kept us up easy.
    If Walker was properly replaced (not with Carl Tiler) we'd have finished 7th and probably won a cup!!

Sent from my SM-A107F using Tapatalk

Ian Storey-Moore

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Sinister View Post
    The problem in evaluating the Silva contribution is that he is the only creative midfielder Sabri used last season (I count Ameobi and Lolley as attackers rather than creative midfield players).
    With a dearth on midfield creativity Silva's contribution was, in my eyes, easily over-rated.
    I don't think we will miss him if he goes.
    And if he goes that SURELY will give Carvalho a fresh start.
    And Carvalho on his day contributed far more that silva ever did.
    100% agreed

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Redreason View Post
    If Walker was properly replaced (not with Carl Tiler) we'd have finished 7th and probably won a cup!!
    I might be in the minority but I quite liked Carl Tiler. Won a hell of a lot in the air!

But yeah, we probably needed to sign Colin Cooper 2 years earlier...

Ian Storey-Moore

Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy22 View Post
    I might be in the minority but I quite liked Carl Tiler. Won a hell of a lot in the air!

But yeah, we probably needed to sign Colin Cooper 2 years earlier...
    Signed Cooper and Collymore a year earlier after Walker and Teddy went.... the next 30 years might have been very different!!

Ian Storey-Moore

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Redreason View Post
    Signed Cooper and Collymore a year earlier after Walker and Teddy went.... the next 30 years might have been very different!!

Adding Bryan Roy to Nigel and Stan!!

Wally Ardron

Now I’ve thought about it, I think Silva is a decent pairing with Yates as the more advanced pair in a midfield 3.

They’re both industrious and importantly offset each other’s weaknesses.

And I think Freeman whipping balls in from wide left will get Yates scoring goals.

Hard to beat + lots of goals = promotion.

First Team

The new narrative in the Greek press on the "Silva to Olympiacos" saga is that Lamouchi doesn't want to let him go.

The source is unreliable.

First Team

This one?

https://www.sport24.gr/football/omad...a.5747799.html

2. Lamousi is kicking! The coach of Nottingham Forest, who had the Portuguese midfielder in the main gear during the previous season, does not want to lose him, at least until a suitable replacement is obtained. If, in fact, Olympiakos changes its mind and prefers another midfielder and not Thiago Silva, the French coach will celebrate accordingly. On the other hand, he understands that for the Portuguese footballer, moving to Piraeus is an upgrade for his career and he does not want to be an obstacle, as long as his gap is soon filled.

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by It's Baggio View Post
    This one?

2. Lamousi is kicking! The coach of Nottingham Forest, who had the Portuguese midfielder in the main gear during the previous season, does not want to lose him, at least until a suitable replacement is obtained. If, in fact, Olympiakos changes its mind and prefers another midfielder and not Thiago Silva, the French coach will celebrate accordingly. On the other hand, he understands that for the Portuguese footballer, moving to Piraeus is an upgrade for his career and he does not want to be an obstacle, as long as his gap is soon filled.
    I wonder what celebrate accordingly means for sabri. As he’s French I guess he’ll be donning the string of onions, eating baguettes and drinking a vat of wine while going ‘oh-hoh-hoh-hoh-hoh-hoh’.

Wally Ardron

Quote Originally Posted by It's Baggio View Post
    This one?

Suppose someone needs to hurry up and fill his gap then

Impressive member

Sometimes players misplace passes when his team-mates aren't making runs and creating space to give him an option. Hopefully our new upgraded midfield will make things smoother for Silva.

Sent from my SM-A920F using Tapatalk

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by GOBIAS View Post
    I wonder what celebrate accordingly means for sabri. As he’s French I guess he’ll be donning the string of onions, eating baguettes and drinking a vat of wine while going ‘oh-hoh-hoh-hoh-hoh-hoh’.
    As one of the Tour de France cyclists is reported as saying" What's the French for baguette?" Just thought it funny, no link with football or our coach at all.

Nigel Clough

Quote Originally Posted by Cortez the Killer View Post
    Sometimes players misplace passes when his team-mates aren't making runs and creating space to give him an option. Hopefully our new upgraded midfield will make things smoother for Silva.

Sent from my SM-A920F using Tapatalk
    Seems to play with his head down for his first few touches then twists and turns, if he gets his head up quicker and the ball moving quicker he’d be a far more effective midfielder.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by GOBIAS View Post
    He'll just shrug

Your palms are holding her neck and thumbs are at her ears regulating the speed of her head as she swallows and then sucks up your machinery. She is topping up your engine oil for the cross-country coming up. Your RPM is hitting a new high. To wait any longer would be to lose prime time... She picks up a Bugatti's momentum. You want her more at a Volkswagen's steady trot. Squeeze the maximum mileage out of your gallon of gas. But she's eating up the road with all cylinders blazing.

Aniruddha Bahal (Bunker 13

Apparently Olympiacos have agreed terms with Yan M'Vila. With them also apparently signing Pepe from Vitoria.

Looks like Silva will still be here. Perhaps makes sense why the Tavares signing was allegedly done, then not happening.

Liaminho

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Stone's Mullet View Post
    Apparently Olympiacos have agreed terms with Yan M'Vila. With them also apparently signing Pepe from Vitoria.

Looks like Silva will still be here. Perhaps makes sense why the Tavares signing was allegedly done, then not happening.
    Yan M'Vila that's a name I haven't heard in a while. Every one and their mum was trying to sign him nearly a decade ago and he went to bloody Russia.

Francis Benali (on loan)

Can't know if Collymore would have kept Forest up in 93, but I doubt it personally. It wasn't close, Forest finished nine points and an inferior GD off safety.

Collymore at the time, hadn't a lot of first team football experience. Would have been a big ask to drop straight into that team low on morale, Clough having the health problems he did, the stuff with the board, and the general low ebb the place was on and save it by himself.

He started with injuries the following season, but he didn't get going until October. He'd have probably needed time. And it may have worked out for the best coming in with a clean slate with Cooper, Bohinen, Phillip's, etc. Not already having fans on his back for being the record signing who failed to keep us up.

Banned

Injured until the end of the month according to Sabri

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Stone's Mullet View Post

Well, first we had the Carvalho saga (a "done deal" for two or three transfer windows), then we had the Ribeiro saga (which has resurfaced despite the semi-official denial from our part), and there's always the Silva saga, the (slightly) more realistic one. Let me explain "slightly".

From your point of view, Colback, Arter and Freeman are in theory starters, and then there's Yates, Bachirou, Sow, Carvalho, Johnson, and Silva. Even if Carvalho and Johnson go, I don't know if this leaves much room for Silva. He's most certainly not to be counted as a starter, but I'm not convinced he's considered suprlus.

From our point of view, things are somehat more fluid. Our starters in theory will be M'Vila in front of the defence, Pêpê and Camara, when we play 4-3-3, M'Vila, Camara and Fortounis when we play 4-2-3-1. Behind them, in a 3-men midfield, are Bouchalakis and Cafú (there are also a couple of youngsters but they will probably not be considered anything other than an emergency solution). If you trust the Greek press, Silva is a done deal, but will only come if Camara is sold. The problem with this theory is that Silva (whom I like) would be a massive downgrade from Camara, whose astonishing athleticism is a major asset, especially in the Champions League. Silva's workmanship cannot make up for his tiny feet, which do not allow him to press and steal the ball like Camara does. In any case, it is unlikely that Camara will be sold in this window. If he is not, Cafú (who already struggles to find playing time) will probably go, and will be short in numbers. Silva would be a great upgrade on Cafú, but I doubt he will relish the idea of being the fifth midfielder, behind Bouchalakis in the pecking order.

Therefore, despite the unanimity in the Greek press, I find the "Silva to Oly" saga as unlikely as the "Carvalho to Oly" one. On the other hand, my rational analyses tend to be disproved in the last day of the transfer windows, so you can safely ignore them.

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    Injured until the end of the month according to Sabri
    Wonder if that explains why he hasn't had an updated photo on the OS when everyone else (except Adomah) has.

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post
    Well, first we had the Carvalho saga (a "done deal" for two or three transfer windows), then we had the Ribeiro saga (which has resurfaced despite the semi-official denial from our part), and there's always the Silva saga, the (slightly) more realistic one. Let me explain "slightly".

From your point of view, Colback, Arter and Freeman are in theory starters, and then there's Yates, Bachirou, Sow, Carvalho, Johnson, and Silva. Even if Carvalho and Johnson go, I don't know if this leaves much room for Silva. He's most certainly not to be counted as a starter, but I'm not convinced he's considered suprlus.

From our point of view, things are somehat more fluid. Our starters in theory will be M'Vila in front of the defence, Pêpê and Camara, when we play 4-3-3, M'Vila, Camara and Fortounis when we play 4-2-3-1. Behind them, in a 3-men midfield, are Bouchalakis and Cafú (there are also a couple of youngsters but they will probably not be considered anything other than an emergency solution). If you trust the Greek press, Silva is a done deal, but will only come if Camara is sold. The problem with this theory is that Silva (whom I like) would be a massive downgrade from Camara, whose astonishing athleticism is a major asset, especially in the Champions League. Silva's workmanship cannot make up for his tiny feet, which do not allow him to press and steal the ball like Camara does. In any case, it is unlikely that Camara will be sold in this window. If he is not, Cafú (who already struggles to find playing time) will probably go, and will be short in numbers. Silva would be a great upgrade on Cafú, but I doubt he will relish the idea of being the fifth midfielder, behind Bouchalakis in the pecking order.

Therefore, despite the unanimity in the Greek press, I find the "Silva to Oly" saga as unlikely as the "Carvalho to Oly" one. On the other hand, my rational analyses tend to be disproved in the last day of the transfer windows, so you can safely ignore them.
    you think bouchalakis is doing ok??

Nigel Clough

Probably in the minority here, but I liked Bouchalakis. Good player.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by reddogmatt. View Post
    you think bouchalakis is doing ok??
    What I think makes no difference, what his manager (the best we have had in years) matters more: Bouchalakis had 52 appearances last season, with 4195 minutes of playing time. He was an essential part of our midfield in one of our best seasons.

He has just played a very good game in the Champions League playoffs. Overall, he is a player who has developed in leaps and bounds since you last saw him. One of the cases of lack of patience with players I was talking about earlier today.

Matchday Squad

Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post
    On the other hand, my rational analyses tend to be disproved in the last day of the transfer windows, so you can safely ignore them.
    Rationality has no place at Nottingham Forest.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk