8 5.33%
  • BACK SABRI!!!

33 22.00%
Page 375 of 376 FirstFirst ... 275325365373374375376 LastLast
Results 9,351 to 9,375 of 9388
    oopsy daisy!

Default Re: Sabri Lamouchi Mega-thread

Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy View Post
    Great piece in the Athletic. Sabri says he was in love for 15 months. Looking for a new job in the Championship.

This man has class. Something we need to remember whenever we review his tenure.

He came so close but the age old issue of January recruitment holed his ship - As it turned out, fatally below the waterline.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Wally Ardron

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
    Second that, loved Sabri and gutted it ended the way it did. Top bloke.
    Yes he was a good lad, he was always honest in interviews and clearly has the interests of the club at heart.
    But, like Hughton he was too inflexible and eventually that finds you out. It’s increasingly clear to me that the current “phase” we are in in football requires a flexible manager and approach. Unless you have a steamroller squad in the championship (and there are a few from time to
    Time) you can’t be predictable because 95% of championship outfits will have a plan for you that will work. And that’s what happened to Sabri. I think it would have been a total rout if we’d got to the prem under him. Really good sides would have destroyed us.
    So although we all have warm feelings towards the dapper Frenchman his time was up

Viv Anderson

Lovely guy and a good manager. Any club would be lucky to have him. Wish him all the best for the rest of his career.
    Will certainly get a round of applause from me if/when he returns to the city ground.

Nigel Clough

Quote Originally Posted by cheapseats View Post
    Really good sides would have destroyed us.
    I've got some bad news for you if we ever do make it to the Premier League.

Wally Ardron

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I've got some bad news for you if we ever do make it to the Premier League.
    I know Tobias and we all remember some of the batterings we got up there on other occasions with better squads than we could ever hope to assemble these days.
    The issue of Premier league “survival” and how you achieve it (although clearly a pipe dream at present) is an interesting one. I think tgat these days (as opposed to 10-15 years ago) you probably have to go for it abut more. The idea of sitting back a la Sabri or Hughton against the likes of Liverpool or city let alone spurs or even Leicester would be suicide

Can't Re Member

Quote Originally Posted by FBS View Post
    Lovely guy and a good manager. Any club would be lucky to have him. Wish him all the best for the rest of his career.
    Will certainly get a round of applause from me if/when he returns to the city ground.
    Would recommend A++

Oh FFS.

Viv Anderson

He did a great job at Forest and was a great guy to boot. When he walked in the door so many were desperate for him to fail, foreign manager with a load of no name imports as his signings and he made us a very good side very quickly.

Glad he is getting the comments he deserves.

I also think the notion that he played terrible football was also a myth, we ended his reign poorly and seemed to lose something after covid but we spent most of that season playing the best football we had played in years.

Last edited by Rzarecteh; 15-11-21 at 16:22.

Ian Storey-Moore

Disagree somewhat with the last post, some of the football under Karanka briefly was the best football in years. Sabris football seemed exciting when it got results but it was pretty basic attacking counter football.

I wish him well as he is a gentlemen and do hope he rocks up with another club and gets a warm round of applause at the CG

Sent from my 6025H_EEA using Tapatalk

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by NFFC_Chris View Post
    Disagree somewhat with the last post, some of the football under Karanka briefly was the best football in years. Sabris football seemed exciting when it got results but it was pretty basic attacking counter football.

I wish him well as he is a gentlemen and do hope he rocks up with another club and gets a warm round of applause at the CG

Sent from my 6025H_EEA using Tapatalk
    My general point was it was never as bad as it was made out to be however basic it may have been.

We were served up with much much worse post Sabri that is for sure.

Wally Ardron

Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    He did a great job at Forest and was a great guy to boot. When he walked in the door so many were desperate for him to fail, foreign manager with a load of no name imports as his signings and he made us a very good side very quickly.

I also think the notion that he played terrible football was also a myth, we ended his reign poorly and seemed to lose something after covid but we spent most of that season playing the best football we had played in years.
    Agree with some of that but we can’t airbrush out the wheels coming off the cart phase at the end of the season followed by the beginning of the next. We have debated it robustly on here already but for me it was the worst capitulation over a sustained period I’ve ever seen.
    For all his good qualities he deserved the sack-it was unforgivable..

First Team

Lamouchi turned you into the most organized defensively Forest I've seen since 2017, when I started paying attention, and, to his credit, produced a team that performed somewhat better than its individual quality. His counter-attacking style, however, depended too much on individual effort for my taste, and perhaps that is the reason the wheels came off post-covid. When a team relies too much on individual effort the disruption that the covid break forced upon the players proved too difficult to handle.

Grenville Morris

Didn't help that he got basically no help in the Jan window.

I love Sabri, hope he gets a chance in England(or France) again.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Dogtits View Post
    Didn't help that he got basically no help in the Jan window.

I love Sabri, hope he gets a chance in England(or France) again.
    Well, I don't think it ultimately made us much stronger, but in that Jan window we did sign an experienced CH full back from a PL club with experience of getting promotion, a player who cost his club 11m, and a promising striker from the French leagues who didn't cost a lot.

Up front we didn't have any backup for Grabban besides Mir who we all decided was shit and they signed 2 players to strengthen that position.

So I doubt you could necessarily argue they didn't try - even if they ultimately turned out to be shit too.

And given his knowledge of the French game, it is possible they are all players SL targeted or wanted, Bong came through the French system first off.

Wally Ardron

I think we did well away from home under Sabri, Rzar,but I felt the home performances were mainly turgid and
    uninspiring-I remember being outplayed by lowly Barnsley and Wigan(although we managed to win).
    Not to mention the drubbings handed out by Sheffield Wednesday,Millwall and Stoke.

Last edited by Cloughie1975; 15-11-21 at 19:28.

Wally Ardron

Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post
    Lamouchi turned you into the most organized defensively Forest I've seen since 2017, when I started paying attention, and, to his credit, produced a team that performed somewhat better than its individual quality. His counter-attacking style, however, depended too much on individual effort for my taste, and perhaps that is the reason the wheels came off post-covid. When a team relies too much on individual effort the disruption that the covid break forced upon the players proved too difficult to handle.
    Covid is a feeble excuse Greek.
    Everyone in football was in the same boat and frankly if you are going to construct your plan for success to be simply to be a reliance on individual effort of quality you had better be damn sure that’s out there on the pitch because without it there’s nothing…

Warp Speed Chic

One of the only few managers that I still like.

Ian Storey-Moore

That last game before Covid against Leeds at the CG! I thought "we're there".

Great words from him. Top bloke.

Warp Speed Chic

Quote Originally Posted by Jah View Post
    That last game before Covid against Leeds at the CG! I thought "we're there".
    I'd love to be able to forget that Millwall game

First Team

Sabri is one of leading candidates to become the new Besiktas manager, according the the Althletic.

Ian Storey-Moore

Good luck to him. I know we capitulated that season and probably deserved to go but he was a good guy and I always respected him.

Viv Anderson

Matchday Squad

Nixon saying he is taking us to the Court of Arbitration for Sport for money owing under contract.

Wally Ardron

Quote Originally Posted by justnotjase View Post
    Nixon saying he is taking us to the Court of Arbitration for Sport for money owing under contract.
    Fair enough if it is owing under contract....

Ian Storey-Moore

I enjoyed being a supporter during Sabri’s reign, fuck knows what happened during the covid break

Pork - Stuffing - Apple Sauce