Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132
Results 776 to 793 of 793

Thread: Albert Adomah.

  1. #776
    Up-Front
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Divorce courts.
    Posts
    18,312

    Default Re: Albert Adomah.

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Sinister View Post
    I agree Mighten isn't just about pace.
    But "dangerous attacker"?
    Maybe in the U23 team.
    So far in the First Team he has 0 goals and 0 assists.
    That doesn't define dangerous for me.
    I don't doubt he will become a dangerous attacker... in a couple of years he might be the next Raheem Sterling.
    But he is nowhere near that yet.
    Given our slump, rightly or wrongly players ability to get us out of it is scrutinised tenfold. With that in mind I'm with you, he may be a future star, but presently doesn't look like getting past the first man.


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many

  3. #777
    Ian Storey-Moore
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,385

    Default Re: Albert Adomah.

    Contract terminated and gone on a free.

    Because that's what you do when multiple clubs are interest in signing one of your players...


  4. #778
    Ale ape.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The Congo, deported by Priti Patel
    Posts
    34,272

    Default Re: Albert Adomah.

    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Clarks Tash View Post
    Contract terminated and gone on a free.

    Because that's what you do when multiple clubs are interest in signing one of your players...
    No one was going to pay a fee for him though.


  5. #779
    Matchday Squad
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    747

    Default Re: Albert Adomah.

    He is at the age he should be free.


  6. #780
    Upper Decker
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    In acres of space
    Posts
    42,503

    Default Re: Albert Adomah.

    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Clarks Tash View Post
    Contract terminated and gone on a free.

    Because that's what you do when multiple clubs are interest in signing one of your players...
    How do you know this wasn’t the best way of doing it from the club’s financial point of view?

    THE TRUTH IS THERE AND WITH IT I GO TO THE END OF THE WORLD .

  7. #781

    Default Re: Albert Adomah.

    Quote Originally Posted by congo_red View Post
    No one was going to pay a fee for him though.
    We could have negotiated with them to take another one of our bomb squad as part of the deal though.


  8. #782
    Bob McKinlay
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Lufthansa Business Lounge
    Posts
    96,521

    Default Albert Adomah.

    Quote Originally Posted by witneyred View Post
    He is at the age he should be free.
    „Freeeeeeeeee.....“
    „Albert Adomah...“

    With apologies to the Special AKA.

    „I believe in socialism because it seems more humanitarian, rather than every man for himself and 'I'm alright jack' and all those arsehole businessmen with all the loot. I made up my mind from viewing society from that angle. That's where I'm from and there's where I've made my decisions from. That's why I believe in socialism“

    „Don't forget you're alive. 'Cause sometimes when you walk around the city and you're in a bad mood, you can think, hey, wait a minute, we're alive! We don't know what the next second will bring and what a fantastic thing this is. This can get easily forgotten in the routine of life, and that's something I'm trying to bring to my attention at all times. Don't forget you're alive. We're not dead, you know. This is the greatest thing.”

    — Joe Strummer

  9. #783
    Ale ape.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The Congo, deported by Priti Patel
    Posts
    34,272

    Default Re: Albert Adomah.

    Quote Originally Posted by Alf-engelos Mindminackers View Post
    We could have negotiated with them to take another one of our bomb squad as part of the deal though.
    Steady on. We don’t want to destroy our relationships with anyone. We might need to sign players from them down the line.


  10. #784
    Impressive member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Arkham Asylum
    Posts
    14,455

    Default Re: Albert Adomah.

    Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    Given our slump, rightly or wrongly players ability to get us out of it is scrutinised tenfold. With that in mind I'm with you, he may be a future star, but presently doesn't look like getting past the first man.
    He looks just as an exciting prospect as Tyler Walker and Brennan Johnson and Jorge Grant did. Actually, where are they now?

    Sent from my SM-A920F using Tapatalk


  11. #785
    Ale ape.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The Congo, deported by Priti Patel
    Posts
    34,272

    Default Re: Albert Adomah.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cortez the Killer View Post
    He looks just as an exciting prospect as Tyler Walker and Brennan Johnson and Jorge Grant did. Actually, where are they now?
    Coventry, Lincoln and Lincoln (on loan).


  12. #786
    Ian Storey-Moore
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    4,018

    Default Re: Albert Adomah.

    Quote Originally Posted by Strummer View Post

    With apologies to the Special AKA.
    I hate those own brand breakfast cereals


  13. #787
    Wally Ardron
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,377

    Default Re: Albert Adomah.

    It's a strange one with Albert, because when he came in, I think he scored pre-season and then got goals in the Charlton/Preston games.
    That being said, he only played a full 90 minutes for us once. Following that point, he was getting 15-20 minutes if he was lucky.

    We ship him out in January, to Cardiff. He played the full 90 six times and then his loan ends and we do nothing with him.
    Considering Diakhaby got only one full game for us (one too many), it seems that we traded Adomah out for Diakhaby as Diakhaby took over Albert's chase the game role.

    I don't think Adomah should have started over Lolley and Ameobi for example but at the same time, I still feel like Adomah could have brought more to the team than Diakhaby did.

    In the context of releasing him this season, it's a good move.


  14. #788
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    South London
    Posts
    7,560

    Default Re: Albert Adomah.

    He was probably underused but he was never going to be a major player from this point on so best for us to part company

    Worth it for that backward glance down the tunnel before the Derby match IMO


  15. #789
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    12,537

    Default Re: Albert Adomah.

    Quote Originally Posted by Alf-engelos Mindminackers View Post
    We could have negotiated with them to take another one of our bomb squad as part of the deal though.
    Sort of "BOGOF". I like it, a quick way to thin out the bomb squad.


  16. #790
    Ian Storey-Moore
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    3,808

    Default Re: Albert Adomah.

    Quote Originally Posted by DizzyBala View Post
    It's a strange one with Albert, because when he came in, I think he scored pre-season and then got goals in the Charlton/Preston games.
    That being said, he only played a full 90 minutes for us once. Following that point, he was getting 15-20 minutes if he was lucky.

    We ship him out in January, to Cardiff. He played the full 90 six times and then his loan ends and we do nothing with him.
    Considering Diakhaby got only one full game for us (one too many), it seems that we traded Adomah out for Diakhaby as Diakhaby took over Albert's chase the game role.

    I don't think Adomah should have started over Lolley and Ameobi for example but at the same time, I still feel like Adomah could have brought more to the team than Diakhaby did.

    In the context of releasing him this season, it's a good move.
    Sending Adomah out on loan and bringing Diakaby in was mind boggling. Fans expecting players who get 15 mins every other game to rip it up is equally mind boggling.


  17. #791

    Default Re: Albert Adomah.

    Quote Originally Posted by valspoodle View Post
    Sort of "BOGOF". I like it, a quick way to thin out the bomb squad.
    Exactly!


  18. #792
    Best served cold
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Cliftonia
    Posts
    25,498

    Default Re: Albert Adomah.

    Quote Originally Posted by Raymondo Ponte' View Post
    I reckon resign and sacked are the same thing in football.

    Saving face thing.
    Nah. Because we didn’t save face when any of them resigned.

    "I've been blessed with many things in this life: an arm like a damn rocket, a c**k like a burmese python, and the mind of a f**king scientist" - Kenny Powers

  19. #793
    Matchday Squad
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Everywhere, and yet nowhere to be seen
    Posts
    1,470

    Default Re: Albert Adomah.

    Being linked with the Shaggers


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •